Transformers Super Thread 5

I thought the law was to prevent ppl from using toy guns to hold up banks or threaten people with? Btw, considering all this hoohah about toy guns in the US, i thought you guys could buy airsoft guns? What's the deal with that?

Anyway, here are more pics of megatron.

http://forum.play.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=6110&start=60

I beleive the law has more to do with helping law enforcement to distinguish toy guns from real guns. I think there were problems where an officer shot a kid who pointed a very realistic toy gun at him or something like that.

Edited by GobotFool

Guest sh002

Do you think all MP Megatrons be modified the same way regardless of which store you buy it from? I'm thinking mine still won't be modified from where I purchased it.

Guest sh002

Fold the arms back, recolor it a little, and Takara could rerelease it as Galvatron. :lol:

Is Alternators also going to be dead? Maybe KISS players in Japan is not dead? They can easily recolor Rumble for Frenzy and a long shot but maybe recolor Jaguar Ravage as Steeljaw.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Rumble recolor KISS Frenzy, but I was once told that the KISS storyline doesn't exactly lend itself towards that possibility. I don't know much about that storyline though. So I have no idea. *shrug*

I beleive the law has more to do with helping law enforcement to distinguish toy guns from real guns. I think there were problems where an officer shot a kid who pointed a very realistic toy gun at him or something like that.

If by "very realistic" you mean that stupid ass kid from the 80's who pointed an original Lazer Tag gun at a cop in the middle of the night, then yeah. You're right.

That stupid kid is what caused all this nonsense. He was the "first" one people noticed.

But GOD FORBID parents should be held accountable for their kids being morons.

Stupid myspace/movie/video game/cell phones, it's all your fault.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Chewie

Doesn't even have to be a toy gun, I've arrested people with real guns that they painted bright orange tips on. I told them, I don't care if I see an orange tip on your gun or not, I don't care if it's NEON GREEN and twice the size of a normal gun, if you had point anything at me that even looks like a gun, you would've been shot. I don't play, I have a family to go home to.

If someone pointed Megatron at me, guess what. Looks real enough to me. Bang Bang, Three Day Lotto. (That's three days off with pay).

Megs looks good. I just wish they would do Starscream in his anime colors.

---edit---grammar--

Edited by Chowser

so what do you people think the next MP will be?

In term of brand new molds.

Grimlock

Soundwave

Hot Rod(imus)

Galvatron

In terms of repaints.

Anime accurate Starscream or one of the other two Seekers.

Guest sh002

Hopefully the Masterpiece line won't die. They can make the Ultra Magnus trailer that some guy customized to use as armor for MP Ultra Magnus. Then they can make MP Skywarp and Thundercracker. With all the Nemesis Primes I wonder where is MP Nemesis Prime? Maybe borrow Yamato's design and get permission from Big West and release a MP Jetfire from a 1/48. MP Soundwave, Shockwave, Grimlock, and Galvatron would be cool.

This is cool.

Custom MP Ultra Magnus

post-2880-1175668252_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1175668412_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

I'd like to see a MP version of Movie Unicron. Or with the Alternators and Binaltech lines wrapping up maybe 1/24 scale versions of G1 Ironhide and the obvious repaint Ratchet - cos we all remember what those looked like origionally... :wacko:

With MP-03 selling well the inevidable repaints can't be too far away.

Guest sh002

Damn imagine each Constructicon in 1/24 scale to form a MP Devastator. That would kick ass. Actually a smaller transformable and super poseable Devastator like THS Convoy would be cool too.

Lol, thats madness, I just got my MP megs and he is huge! In gun mode he is just enormous, there is really no need for the addon part (besides making more money). Anyways, MP megs transformation is close to genius, it uses some elements from the original as well as some new tricks. In robot mobe, hes alittle flimsy but he can hold up his giant cannon of doom (aparently called a fusion cannon). The transformation to gun is a little tedious but is pretty fun, expect to take 40 minutes the first time. Overall pretty nice but feels abit flimsy.

Lol, thats madness, I just got my MP megs and he is huge! In gun mode he is just enormous, there is really no need for the addon part (besides making more money). Anyways, MP megs transformation is close to genius, it uses some elements from the original as well as some new tricks. In robot mobe, hes alittle flimsy but he can hold up his giant cannon of doom (aparently called a fusion cannon). The transformation to gun is a little tedious but is pretty fun, expect to take 40 minutes the first time. Overall pretty nice but feels abit flimsy.

ya, I know. Megs is big as it is in gun mode. Now with the silencer and gun stock, he might as well be a sniper rifle! :D:p:lol:

Guest sh002

I'm thinking Takara will release official silencer and stock parts in the future. Are these pegs on the scope used to connect the other parts into some type of cannon like the original? Cool pic.

post-2880-1175730555_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1175730682_thumb.jpg

Guest sh002

Anyone see Titanium Ultra Magnus or WW Megatron in store? WTH how come places like Target or TRU don't carry anymore Alternators or Titaniums but places like Walmart have Alternators Rumble and Ravage? I would have loved to conveniently pick up a Rumble at Target.

Rumble and Ravage are Walmart exclusives. From what I understand, that was the only way to get these two final molds to market.

And yes, the Titanium distribution sucks as much, if not more, than the Alternators distribution ever did. I just went to buy an Ultra Magnus from BBTS and they're already sold out again. :(

The thing that I really don't like about MP Megs and part of what is the real dealbreaker for me in robot mode at least is how high the arm cannon sits bc/ of the scope mounting piece. If it moved down so the gun sat flush on Meg's arm, it'd look much better.

The thing that I really don't like about MP Megs and part of what is the real dealbreaker for me in robot mode at least is how high the arm cannon sits bc/ of the scope mounting piece. If it moved down so the gun sat flush on Meg's arm, it'd look much better.

Well thats how the original toy looked. This megs is definitly more a homage to the old G1 toy than it is to the cartoon.

megs = updated replica of old toy

prime = homage to cartoon

Starscream = Kawamori on crack

Well thats how the original toy looked. This megs is definitly more a homage to the old G1 toy than it is to the cartoon.

I know, and that's why I don't like or own a G1 Megs toy either... I agree with your appraisal of the three tho... but I still love them.