Transformers Super Thread 5

Checked Target and Wal-Mart today. Nada. Which means it'll be weeks before I get them, and they'll just trickle in, no big "mass release". We're almost totally out of TF's. There's maybe 10 voyager and 30 deluxes in the whole town, and ALL the deluxes are Swindle and Bonecrusher. No BB, SS, Ironhide, Barricade, Prime at all. A few Ratchets. Whoever's in charge of ordering seriously mis-timed or underestimated demand for $10-20 movie toys.

The forums finally came back up in the link to the Hasbro MP Starscream photos. I can't help but think it's pure nostalgia that makes people believe this looks better than the Takara version. Still, it's 30 dollars cheaper and no shipping. I'll probably nab one. Hopefully it has joint improvements that make the parts that were fragile on the Takara version less likely to break just by transforming it.

Picked up Bonecrusher yesterday. He's my favorite now. Small... yes, but mean looking. It also helps that I can see what he looks like. He didn't have a lot of screen time in the movie...

He sort of mistransformed BB or at least left some details out. The chest area still needs to "split" so you get the "broken" car look that BB has. Also, during transformation, by rotating the shoulders you can auto morph the hood down instead of manually doing it.

Chris

P.S. I wrote my comment while it was still playing and I saw at the very end of the vid. he mentioned forgetting to split the chest/car front.

Anyone else really want a nice, big, Barricade? Before I saw the movie, he was probably my least-fave Decep. But now he's my fave. :) He deserves more than a $10 toy with a gimmicky arm. For being BB's "counterpart" he sure isn't getting nearly as good/many toys. Lots of folders, pens, etc merchandise, but the toys are lacking.

Anyone else really want a nice, big, Barricade? Before I saw the movie, he was probably my least-fave Decep. But now he's my fave. :) He deserves more than a $10 toy with a gimmicky arm. For being BB's "counterpart" he sure isn't getting nearly as good/many toys. Lots of folders, pens, etc merchandise, but the toys are lacking.

Do I ever. The toy is sorely lacking in robot mode. Seeing how we didn't see Barricade die in the movie, I feel like that in and of itself should make him worthy of a better toy.

Good news that the classics is continuing. Does this mean we might see thundercracker, dirge, thrust?

FYI: These were already released as part of the Games of Deception BotCon exclusives earlier this month:

http://www.botcon.com/botcon07/BotCon07preview.cfm

Apparently, Hasbro will NEVER re-issue these 3 again.

:ph34r:

FYI: These were already released as part of the Games of Deception BotCon exclusives earlier this month:

http://www.botcon.com/botcon07/BotCon07preview.cfm

Apparently, Hasbro will NEVER re-issue these 3 again.

:ph34r:

Never reissue those specific versions, but that won't stop them from making vastly different versions of those characters that are in Classics. For example, Dirge and Thrust can be made in Classics provided their wings are all new and different from the Botcon set. Thundercracker could probably be made if the paint job is very different(if its in an even more g1 accurate toy paint job, it should be different enough to stand on its own and not be confused with the botcon set). Hasbro just can't use that specific blue tint, nor the wings made for the coneheads in the boxset. If they are different wings, it should not be a problem.

Guest sh002

preordered deluxe bumblebee 08 from digital toys for about $30 shipped. i'm not going to be able to find this in stores at all and ebay is selling it for $50+.

yes use slightly different paint schemes and accessories for the three classics seekers to be sold individually.

Personally I want to see a "Classics scheme" Thundercracker. SS and SW got (IMHO) pretty neat new takes on their paint schemes, yet still being based on the original. SW in particular looks neat. But the Botcon TC is exactly like G1. Lazy, and kinda boring IMHO. I want to see what Hasbro's Classics design team would do for a "new" G1 TC scheme. (I've been thinking maybe something along the lines of lightning bolts/stripes in the design---subtle ones, not obvious---just a zig-zag in the stripe here and there)

I wonder how MP SS will do at Walmart this time. When MP Prime came out my friend and I pre-ordered through KB Toys since we thought they would be in short supply. A few months later, MP Prime is on clearance for $40 at Walmart.

does anyone have any pics of the MP3 player soundwave? i believe it is out i think it looks pretty cool and would look great along side the THS-02 Prime, but i wanted to see the scale first as it does look around the same size.

chris

now does anyone have a picture of classic starscream along side a gundam fix or MSIA or something? :rolleyes::blink: i have never seen the classic before so i am not sure of the size. but thanks for all of your help guys

chris

Bear in mind that you american collectors who rely on Wal*mart (or whomever) undercutting the competition OR putting everything on clearance when it doesn't sell, you are just hurting your hobby in the long run, especially for collector-oriented products such as MP stuff. Why should Hasbro bother to make collector toys and why should stores bother to stock them if people don't actually buy any at full price or even sale price?

The same goes for Star Wars, G.I. Joe or any other major toyline. If you like the product and can reasonably afford it, buy it and support your hobby, I say.

Personally I want to see a "Classics scheme" Thundercracker. SS and SW got (IMHO) pretty neat new takes on their paint schemes, yet still being based on the original. SW in particular looks neat. But the Botcon TC is exactly like G1. Lazy, and kinda boring IMHO. I want to see what Hasbro's Classics design team would do for a "new" G1 TC scheme. (I've been thinking maybe something along the lines of lightning bolts/stripes in the design---subtle ones, not obvious---just a zig-zag in the stripe here and there)
You mean like Armada Thundercracker? Dark blue, silver/grey accents and limbs with a sort of bolt-shaped red stripe on each wing.

now does anyone have a picture of classic starscream along side a gundam fix or MSIA or something? :rolleyes::blink: i have never seen the classic before so i am not sure of the size. but thanks for all of your help guys

chris

Deluxe class TFs should be abit larger than most Gundam 1/144 scale figures. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Guest sh002

Back when the first Star Wars and other figures came out, I used to notice collectors wait for stores to open in the morning. Then they'd rush to get whatever figures were inside. I'm sure the same thing is happening or collectors or scalpers are using other methods to get the figures first. Sure some will slip by or just be there when no one is around but going every once in a while to stores to check for figures takes time and toy hunting is long in the past for me.

Back when the first Star Wars and other figures came out, I used to notice collectors wait for stores to open in the morning. Then they'd rush to get whatever figures were inside. I'm sure the same thing is happening or collectors or scalpers are using other methods to get the figures first. Sure some will slip by or just be there when no one is around but going every once in a while to stores to check for figures takes time and toy hunting is long in the past for me.

Have you been to a store since the movie toys came out? Odds are that you won't have trouble finding any TF movie toys.

Guest sh002

Yes I have several times. There are still a lot of TF movie toys but I haven't seen deluxe Bumblebee 08 sitting on the shelf. I know it was put out in the stores I have gone to because some of the remaining figures from that case assortment were left behind.

I don't expect the later waves of movie toys to be as abundant as the initial wave, so it's likely that certain ones will be harder to find. I'm sure with a little patience people will be able to find what they want.

My enjoyment of the movie toys has been overshadowed by my anticipation of the MP3 Soundwave. He's looking to be my favorite TF of the year.

If hasbro care about the collectors (not necessarily only the ones that can attend the damn conventions) they should release TC, Dirge and thrust. No way would people pay the insane prices those people would just for repaints. You are only shooting yourself in the foot in the long term for that.

So which characters are going to be done in the next classic wave?

So which characters are going to be done in the next classic wave?

According to Botcon reports there was specific talk of Sideswipe & Sunstreaker. And if i remember correctly there was possible mention of the rest of the Dinobots and maybe Octane and Jazz. Not all in one wave of course, unfortunately that's all i can remember from what was mentioned for Classics. The official transcript is floating around here some where. :wacko:

If hasbro care about the collectors (not necessarily only the ones that can attend the damn conventions) they should release TC, Dirge and thrust. No way would people pay the insane prices those people would just for repaints. You are only shooting yourself in the foot in the long term for that.

Quoted for truth!

Since Hasbro cancelled both the Alternators & Titanium lines ... I don't think they "care" about the collectors. They had an amazing 6' Titanium Shockwave prototype already made ...