Transformers Super Thread 5

Just get a tiny christmas ribbon thing decoration. Its the same thing :D

Oh yeah, I was right about Hasbro not going to release the other Seekers at retail anyway. Eg, Skywarp was only retooled in Armada because it made him 'differen't enough for retailers to accept him as a 'new' toy.

No retailer in their right mind would carry Starscream, Ramjet, Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge. They wouldn't even get away with that with a full 18 month mainline, I reckon, given that most of the toolings get 1-2 repaints, max.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Hey question, any toy sites doing preorders of the Movie figures yet?

I'm finding them on ebay listed "In Stock" but they're those "Prototype" figures and thinkin about getting one just for the hell of it.

But I'd rather wait but have a preorder supply of 'em you know?

I'm pretty sure the stores in oregon wont even carry them until the movie comes out.

Guest sh002

too bad about the seekers. i would have bought them if they were in stores. now there is no way i will pay the non-member price for them or an ebay inflated price.

As a vioce actor he can raise and lower his pitch, you know. Obviously he isn't hamming it up dramatically like he did for the movie or the series.

Hasbro presumebly had no interest in doing the remaining seekers in the near future, given Classics is over and all, and the Heroes line will immediately replace the movie line after the latter is done.

G1 fans hardly matter at the end of the day. This is a mass-market line, not a collector line. They need to flog toys to kids, as well as keep retailers happy. That's why they didn't shove 6 variations of the same plane on pegs and why Skywarp was packed with Ultra Magnus as a store exclusive. They're all almost the same toy.

If Classics were an on-going line, maybe you would have seen the remaining three planes gradually released over several waves (so they don't all end up on pegs at the same time). Maybe some other time if Classics did as well as Hasbro would like.

Yes but where is all this info coming from? I'd just like to see some verification just to be sure. The only official things I heard were from the botcon reports last year, and the only updates to those will be at botcon this year. Did Kyde say any of this at allspark? I know he worked, or works for hasbro.

I think we all know this was a mass market line through and through and though it was filler, many of us loved it. Nonetheless, none of us can be blamed for being dissapointed. The remaining 3 seekers would not have costed much to release in retail and to cover the cost of the new wing tooling, as much as they did for the botcon set. Remember, all Thundercracker would have been was a blue repaint. Sure the retailers might not have bitten but still there are ways to have put the figures in stores somehow.

I was shocked yesterday and thought that perhaps it was an april fools joke, till I realized that all the orders were being faxed in and that it couldn't be a mere joke.

So with that said, I am very dissapointed. Sunstorm would have been a good exclusive, nice to have, but not something people would beg for in the main line. But the remaining 3 seekers? Nah.

What they could have done was made another battle pack of cybertron downshift as wheeljack vs thundercracker. Then have Dirge, and Thrust in a wave with a grey astrotrain. It costs money to tool new wings, and you can bet hasbro would have gotten more money from domestic and international mass market release with those things rather than a under 1000 count at botcon by collectors. Not to mention kept most of us happy.

I don't know what made people angrier, the SDCC nemesis prime alternator, or completely making the last 3 seekers(along with 2 other repaints most of us might not really want nor remember) into botcon exclusives that will cost $329 to those not attending(which is most of us).

Knowing that those seekers could have been $10 each at retail infuriates most of us and it can't be helped nor blamed.

I can only hope we get these as retailer exclusives later on but is that likely? As of recent events, I doubt it.

Guest sh002

Maybe they could have done a 3 Seeker set exclusive to Target or something. Problem solved and almost $300 less?

But I wanted Thrust. No, I don't have a good reason.

You and me both. I wanted all the coneheads, and perhaps a Skylynx and Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen.

I also think that it should be about frackin time that they updated an Ultra Magnus with a trailer that becomes his armour.

Haven't posted in a long while ... but have been checking this site and this thread periodically.

Truth be told, the last 10 months I've moved from collecting the Yamato valkyries into TFs ...

Just read the Botcon annoucement that the remaining seekers in the Classics line will only be available as exclusives to Botcon ... for a greatly inflated price. While still available to non-attendees, $329 is a lot for $60 worth of figures. Like many others, I'm a little pissed.

I have to vent: Hasbro - you F------ a$$holes.

Apologies for being harsh and thanks for listening.

Edited by Vermillion21

If they're making new wings just for Botcon exclusive Dirge and Thrust, maybe they'll make a new Magnus with trailer-armor from Movie Prime's mold for the 2008 Botcon... :p

Wait... Thrust has the VTOL wings too? Or just something different than what Starscream/Skywarp and Ramjet have?

Don't forget that he also needs HIS OWN FRIGGIN' HEAD SCULPT!!!!!

Remember, "Magnus' head" is part of the armor. Strip that away, and he's just Albino Prime.

So hypothetically, if you give him his trailer armor, he gets his head by default. Sorta like Classics Jetfire.

wow even for a fan done repaint it's not bad.

I caved in and picked up Deluxe movie Starscream and Prime Cybertron forms on Hasbros website. I've heard some decent reviews so it's something to keep me tied down till June.

JBO----there's no confirmation on any retooling for Dirge and Thrust from the Ramjet mold, but it's been "strongly hinted" that they will have their correct wings--which means big VTOL lift fans for thrust. (Dirge has always had the most realistic wings of the 1985 seekers)

JBO----there's no confirmation on any retooling for Dirge and Thrust from the Ramjet mold, but it's been "strongly hinted" that they will have their correct wings--which means big VTOL lift fans for thrust. (Dirge has always had the most realistic wings of the 1985 seekers)

I hope it's wrong.

If they're gonna rob me* of my nonsensical Thrust, they can at least rob me of a Ramjet repaint instead of the real thing.

*Maybe. As was pointed out, it didn't have good release odds anyways.

Guest sh002

If ehobby were able to repaint and sell the seekers, would more people have access to buying them at a cheaper price?

Haven't posted in a long while ... but have been checking this site and this thread periodically.

Truth be told, the last 10 months I've moved from collecting the Yamato valkyries into TFs ...

Just read the Botcon annoucement that the remaining seekers in the Classics line will only be available as exclusives to Botcon ... for a greatly inflated price. While still available to non-attendees, $329 is a lot for $60 worth of figures. Like many others, I'm a little pissed.

I have to vent: Hasbro - you F------ a$$holes.

Apologies for being harsh and thanks for listening.

Good thing I bought a spare SS. Time to repaint him as TC as I don't really care for the coneheads that much. I care even less for the price they want us to pay for small plastic figures.

Classics line was just to kill time between the end of Cybertron and the beginning of the movie toys.

With the movie coming soon, Classics has served it's purpose and is ending.

It's all very tragic.

Yeah it is considering how much I really enjoyed the classic line and how some of these are the only closest appearance to the G1 characters possible....hell closer then the movie coming out.

Still, buying a spare SS to turn into a thundercracker would be great.

But with the flashy paint schemes they've given Skywarp and Starscream, just what the hell would work for Thundercracker? Doing his original G1 style would almost be bland wouldn't it?

I ordered mine through HLJ under a wholesale account. Here's what the yellow tips they are adding to ensure safe arrival to customers. It's basically a rubber plug with a flat head on top - very easy to be removed. IT IS NOT GLUED ON!!!

The tape seal on the box was nicely sliced with a blade, yellow tip addeded, and nicely resealed. Overall, I think HLJ did a good job conforming to U.S legal standards without impacting the toy. My shipment got opened up by customs. If I didn't have the yellow tips attached, I think the shipment would have been confiscated.

post-765-1175549024_thumb.jpg

post-765-1175549044_thumb.jpg

post-765-1175549054_thumb.jpg

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

I ordered mine through HLJ under a wholesale account. Here's what the yellow tips they are adding to ensure safe arrival to customers. It's basically a rubber plug with a flat head on top - very easy to be removed. IT IS NOT GLUED ON!!!

The tape seal on the box was nicely sliced with a blade, yellow tip addeded, and nicely resealed. Overall, I think HLJ did a good job confirming to U.S standards without impacting the toy. My shipment got opened up by customs. If I didn't have the yellow tips attached, I think the shipment would have been confiscated.

Not bad at all. I certainly was imagining far worse. So, Kevin, did you just buy for yourself or will you be selling any? hint hint :ph34r:

The tape seal on the box was nicely sliced with a blade, yellow tip addeded, and nicely resealed. Overall, I think HLJ did a good job conforming to U.S legal standards without impacting the toy. My shipment got opened up by customs. If I didn't have the yellow tips attached, I think the shipment would have been confiscated.

Actually, I think they did a good job APPEARING to conform to US law without actually doing it.

Law requires a permanent modification with glue or paint.

I also think it's a stupid law, so...

Generations of kids managed to grow up without getting themselves killed or maimed with realistic toy guns and tiny spring-loaded projectiles. I think today's kids are a lot better at surviving than people give them credit for.

Good to know they found a solution that works for all concerned parties.

I also think it's a stupid law, so...

Generations of kids managed to grow up without getting themselves killed or maimed with realistic toy guns and tiny spring-loaded projectiles. I think today's kids are a lot better at surviving than people give them credit for.

Good to know they found a solution that works for all concerned parties.

I thought the law was to prevent ppl from using toy guns to hold up banks or threaten people with? Btw, considering all this hoohah about toy guns in the US, i thought you guys could buy airsoft guns? What's the deal with that?

Anyway, here are more pics of megatron.

http://forum.play.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=6110&start=60