Transformers Super Thread 5

Exactly. :) All hail the color "corrected" photos out there of the prototype F-15's.

Though ironically, as I said--it'd do pretty well for a Thundercracker, just use silver instead of blue. (Though I've ranted plenty of times that matching the toy's dark metallic blue always looks a hundred times better than anime flat sky blue)

Surprisingly, none of the new stuff that you mentioned interests me at all. MP Megs... so many people like him, but I'm not a fan.

Well. To each his own.....I think he looks awesome. :D

IPB Image

Ditto on both points. Everytime I look at pics, I like it less and less.

Here's my two main beefs with him:

First, what the hell is wrong with his head?

And second, his legs are just too skinny. He looks pathetic in that comparison shot with MP-01. Poor Megs.

Looking at those pics I realise I would actually like to have some 'fake' addon leg parts to attach in robot mode. Chances are there'll be someone who could make some modded resin parts for the fans.

hmm...

doesn't look like it has provisions for the extended stock either

looks like a re-release with stock & silencer's pretty doubtful

What else would that clip at the bottom of the base be for? I'm not into guns but an attachment point for a stock is the only thing that made sense to me.

What else would that clip at the bottom of the base be for? I'm not into guns but an attachment point for a stock is the only thing that made sense to me.

That silver bar? That's for a lanyard on the actual gun I think. The normal Meggy stock attachment point is on the back of the grip, near the bottom -- there's a slide-in point for the stock on the "normal" Megatrons, which appears to be missing here.

MP Meggy looks too big to be handled in gun mode, and the bot mode, well, looks like a skinny fashion model. I'm actually wondering how well the right arm would hold up over time with the weight of the scope on it.

uhhhh....why wouldn't they?

That's like getting mad at them for putting Convoy and Starscream in truck and jet modes on the boxes of MP-04 and MP-03.

America isn't Tomy/Takaras market

Yeah that's why they are putting orange caps on some at the manufacturer to comply

to American safety laws for sale in none other than America.

:rolleyes:

Yeah that's why they are putting orange caps on some at the manufacturer to comply

to American safety laws for sale in none other than America.

:rolleyes:

Wrong...it's the people importing the toy into America NOT Takara adding the orange Tip <_<

from hobby link japan:

"For customers in the United States ONLY, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange cap over the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code."

from Big Bad Toy Store:

In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified. A blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of barrel. This orange tip will be a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs will seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut.

I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about the orange tip on Masterpiece Megatron.

So many Collection 6 Megatron Reissues came into this country without some stupid mod and as soon as you open it's bookstyle casing you can see it's in Gun mode.

And what about the reissue before that, in the throwback style packaging, not to mention the Black repaint and Megaplex? Those were all clearly in gun mode through the clear window.

Why would Masterpiece Megatron be any different?

i'm sure I'll be able to acquire one without the mod, just not from the usual vendors like HLJ, BBTS, TFSource

Edited by chowyunskinny

If Takara released a version that was modified by them then that would be great because I like my items MISB. I'm still hoping mine will come unmodified from the place I'm preordering it from.

Looks good. The face could be better but still ok. Notice the scope has those little pegs for attachments.

post-2880-1172435846_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

The fact that the box packaging omits meg's legs and that at all the toy festivals he's posed with the legs in the outward-canted A stance (to make them appear bulkier) kinda shows that Takara itself feels shy about Meg's skinny legs.

My beef with the head is that the part on top is a little too high and the bits around his cheeks don't slope outward enough. I also reckon the gun barrel behind his shoulder stands up a bit too high.

All these are just my fanboys nitpicks tho. The fact that he's in scale with MP prime means I'll buy this come what may :)

The only things that I'm seriously concerned about are whether his fingers are individually jointed. I can't tell from the pics posted. I'm also worried that he may slant to the right under the weight of the scope on his arm or if (as someone mentioned earlier) that arm will loosen over time.

Well if it is going to be modified by the Takara/Hasbro and not the store then that's ok with me.

MP Megatron's fingers look individually jointed.

Edited by sh002

Hey Yamato, please take some packaging tips from Takara!

So far all the MP packages have been great, and you feel like you're holding a great product...well worth your spent money.

Yamato should quit making those huge flimsy, flood-varnished 1/48 macross boxes. Geeez luiz!

And the box artwork on these MPs are way superior than those photoshop styled, masked, whacked artwork on the 1/48s!

Wrong...it's the people importing the toy into America NOT Takara adding the orange Tip <_<

from hobby link japan:

"For customers in the United States ONLY, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange cap over the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code."

from Big Bad Toy Store:

In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified. A blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of barrel. This orange tip will be a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs will seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut.

apparantly there will be a seperate north american release:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1129069

You were saying... B))

So what?

My post was about putting the Picture of the gun mode on the Takara Masterpiece Megatron for the Japanese market.

You're talking about the version that Hasbro's going to bring over which they'll probably call the 20th Anniversary Megatron with who knows what other changes.

but if you want to argue semantics then fine, take your No Prize, I don't want it

Edited by chowyunskinny

So what?

My post was about putting the Picture of the gun mode on the Takara Masterpiece Megatron for the Japanese market.

You're talking about the version that Hasbro's going to bring over which they'll probably call the 20th Anniversary Megatron with who knows what other changes.

but if you want to argue semantics then fine, take your No Prize, I don't want it

I for one don't want to argue at all - take my post above as idle grousing over packaging that is likely to increase the difficulty of getting it through Customs intact - I am well aware that it is in line with the previous MP releases and certainly don't begrudge Takara anything. I'm just not looking forward to the prospect of having to choose between an iffy import scenario and a "20th Megs" that will in all probability be day-glo green/toxic orange and modified, as you note, in other unguessable ways.

And I got my no-prize ages ago for resolving the Great Howard the Duck Vest Color Quandry, danke...

so Chindenathus,

if America is Tomy/Takara's market, then why is JRToyworld cancelling pre-orders in the link you cited?

"Even though he will be in robot mode, we have learned there will likely be pics of

him in gun mode on the box, which could cause problems at customs"

Now why would they put that picture if it's going to cause problems in their intended market.

So, just wait for the Anniversary Megatron, if it makes it out to the states this year, as we've yet to have a stateside release of Starscream.

Doktor Gonzo, the no prize was for Chindenathus, but i'm with you on what will probably end up as a Battle Damaged Megatron with a stand that has sound bites from someone who isn't Frank Welker.

Make Mine Marvel....I mean Takara

I honestly wouldnt mind a US made MPC Megs that was just Robot mode if it was cheaper! I will probably never ever turn it to Gun mode anyway.

Why don't Hasbro just package MPC Megs in Robot mode just like Prime?

Why don't Hasbro just package MPC Megs in Robot mode just like Prime?

Takara are releasing him in robot mode.

Hasbro are staying away from MP-5. They wouldn't dare release a realistic, if oversized, gun replica into their market.