Transformers Super Thread 5

Hey Valk fan, any chance you would want to make a more normal VF-1S looking head for Jetfire that is either the size of the small Skyfire head, or is like the big head but without that weird pole that is holding the head lasers away? The head itself is okay, but those lasers shoul dbe right up against the head...

So ironically I went to Target at lunch and found Jetfire at long last. There was only ONE Jetfire, but now it's sitting on my desk. I really like it a lot. Slight paint smudge on the VF-1S-looking head. Everyone has talked about it already, but I'm super pleased.

Man I love the Classics Jetfire. What a cool design.

I have still never seen a Jetfire in person and really want one, but am not will to pay $40 for a $20 toy on ebay.

It's not even worth a $20 toy... it's more like a $15 toy.... that would have been ideal.... i just got one this week too and i like it.... but it's a bit small....

overall great toy... but i would have liked it at a lower price point..... they can afford it... like the Magnus/Skywarp Pack.... that's a great deal!

Hey Valk fan, any chance you would want to make a more normal VF-1S looking head for Jetfire that is either the size of the small Skyfire head, or is like the big head but without that weird pole that is holding the head lasers away? The head itself is okay, but those lasers shoul dbe right up against the head...

No, I just don't have the time. My time limits me and so I make the one's I want.

Anyone interested a review on the

:) .

That review sucks. He makes no mention of the fact that its a nice meld of the Cartoon "Skyfire" and the original Macross Jetfire toy. Which was initially drawn by Don F. in the Dreamwave Gen 1 comic.

Also he really just shows you the toy and how to transform it. Not very much detail either.

Classics Jetfire looks cool from the pics I've seen. Anyone who's got it, can you tell me if it would be possible to do a mod to have the wings fold down battroid-style instead of up? That's the only thing I don't like about the toy, the way the wings stick up in robot mode.

That review sucks. He makes no mention of the fact that its a nice meld of the Cartoon "Skyfire" and the original Macross Jetfire toy. Which was initially drawn by Don F. in the Dreamwave Gen 1 comic.

Also he really just shows you the toy and how to transform it. Not very much detail either.

Technically that was a different fusion design. The Classics one made its first appearance in the IDW Stormbringer comics, though by that point the toy had already been designed, Don just decided to use the toy design in the comic.

Jetfire - Copyright violation in Disguise!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Fit For Natalie

After seeing classics jetfire I so badly want to see what a masterpiece jetfire would be like.

Classics Jetfire looks cool from the pics I've seen. Anyone who's got it, can you tell me if it would be possible to do a mod to have the wings fold down battroid-style instead of up? That's the only thing I don't like about the toy, the way the wings stick up in robot mode.

I don't own one, but I've seen pics where you can have the wings folded downward. (not canon to the comic though)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Technically that was a different fusion design. The Classics one made its first appearance in the IDW Stormbringer comics, though by that point the toy had already been designed, Don just decided to use the toy design in the comic.

Jetfire - Copyright violation in Disguise!

Nice image grabs.

Don Figueroa actually did the concept designs for much (or all) of the Classics...

Hasbro's TF division LOVES the twisty ties, while their Star Wars division loves those damn clear rubber bands. If I was a little kid opening these things up I think I'd throw a fit trying to get these damn things out.

I'll take the clear rubber bands anyday. At least those can be reused and pretty much invisible when holding things together. Those crappy 1-use twist ties suck.

Hasbro's TF division LOVES the twisty ties, while their Star Wars division loves those damn clear rubber bands. If I was a little kid opening these things up I think I'd throw a fit trying to get these damn things out.

Yeah...

We had sticker sheets interfering with instant gratification. But you can play without stickers. There's simply no way for a kid now to just yank something out of the box and run.

I usually do too... until I accidentally took a chunk out of Titanium Prime's leg :angry:

Ewww....

After seeing classics jetfire I so badly want to see what a masterpiece jetfire would be like.

I don't own one, but I've seen pics where you can have the wings folded downward. (not canon to the comic though)

Don't really understand the attraction to classics jetfire. I think the titanium jetfire was on a better path to getting a cooler modern jetfire. They both are pretty bad, but if they were going to do a masterpiece jetfire of either, I would rather they go with titanium. It's alt mode is cooler and in some ways more accurate to skyfire's alt mode, if they could reduce that belly kibble ofcourse.

Yeah...

We had sticker sheets interfering with instant gratification. But you can play without stickers. There's simply no way for a kid now to just yank something out of the box and run.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Younger kids will definitely need help getting them out. While it is nice that the toys don't bump around in the package, there is such a thing as overkill. The two pack Skywarp was especially bad. One twist tie for each leg, one twist tie for the jet's nose behind his head, one twist tie on each hand, one twist tie on each arm, one giant twist tie around the midsection, and those rubber bands holding the fuselage together.

Then you have the Star Wars figures that in recent years have been deformed due to the packaging being too tight. This happened to be today... again. Battlepacks are especially bad. You can just get some warm water and fix them, but hey let's face it I'm lazy. :ph34r:

Edited by meh_cd

Nice image grabs.

Don Figueroa actually did the concept designs for much (or all) of the Classics...

Yeah I know, I meant he evidently just decided to use that design of his for Stormbringer.

I got UM Vs Skywarp today. Skywarp is so sexy it should be illegal, like Romulan ale.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Younger kids will definitely need help getting them out. While it is nice that the toys don't bump around in the package, there is such a thing as overkill. The two pack Skywarp was especially bad. One twist tie for each leg, one twist tie for the jet's nose behind his head, one twist tie on each hand, one twist tie on each arm, one giant twist tie around the midsection, and those rubber bands holding the fuselage together.

I'm sure I read a while ago that the hasbro twisty ties are nothing to do with protecting the toy from damage, more protecting it from thievery...

supposedly there was a bgi problem with toys being removed from the packaging on shop shelves and the box being replaced. making in so time consuming to do with the ties supposedly guards against this sort of thing.

Don't really understand the attraction to classics jetfire. I think the titanium jetfire was on a better path to getting a cooler modern jetfire. They both are pretty bad, but if they were going to do a masterpiece jetfire of either, I would rather they go with titanium. It's alt mode is cooler and in some ways more accurate to skyfire's alt mode, if they could reduce that belly kibble ofcourse.

Compare him to all other jetfires(especially the recent ones) aside from g1 and you'll see why we like him. Thank god he is a fighter plane rather than a space shuttle or cargo plane, that got tiresome.

All those pics are the wrong color. The real thing was PALE BLUE. Very much like Thundercracker is sometimes portrayed. There's a story behind it:

Many of those early F-15 photos were "color corrected" by various photo labs, to try to remove "all that blue" that was showing up--thinking that like every other plane, the F-15 should be painted grey. However, it wasn't---it was painted blue! But the developers didn't know that, so they tried to remove the color and "correct" the image, and were pretty successful at it. So many of the official published photos show a quite grey-looking F-15 prototype. And note the grey skies. These photos were mainly taken in the California desert, in the summer. The skies should be blue, like the plane----the paint was specifically designed to match California blue skies, 35450 Air Superiority Blue----almost identical to the blue now used on modern splinter-camo Flankers.

Here's a REAL photo, not color-corrected by some photo-lab guy who thinks he knows how a plane should look:

Also, the markings are your standard "safety flourescent orange", not red.