Transformers Super Thread 5

Apparently Roy or somebody was house cleaning...

Regarding the trailer issue---while I seriously doubt they considered this, Movie Prime looks much more spec'd out for a tanker, than a trailer.

The grill is his feet? Is that movie-accurate? Can't recall if we've seen Prime's feet revealed. Also, I think the toy has a much better head, if for no other reason than he has very Transfomer-ish eyes, not springs and erector-set parts.

::edit:: Damn, I can merge posts within a thread, and merge threads---but I can't merge selected posts into a thread. Anyways, it'd help if people would re-post anything said in the last few hours.

from what i read on the soundwave mp3 player that's coming out, it uses a micro sd card or was it a micro sd slot? and what's the maximum size card you can put in it? i think both card types only go up to 2gb...any ideas?

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Copied from old thread:

Toyfare interviews Hasbro's Director of Marketing (and frequent Botcon Hasbro panelist) Greg Lombardo about the movie toyline, including some great photos of Leader Class Optimus Prime. He appears to have rubber tires, or at least wheels made of two parts.

Wizard interview with pics.

Thanks to Type-R of www.tfw2005.com for the link.

Prime's toes are mistransformed, and I think the rear wheel areas are supposed to be closer to his thighs rather than hanging there like skirt parts.

Regarding the trailer issue---while I seriously doubt they considered this, Movie Prime looks much more spec'd out for a tanker, than a trailer.

The grill is his feet? Is that movie-accurate? Can't recall if we've seen Prime's feet revealed. Also, I think the toy has a much better head, if for no other reason than he has very Transfomer-ish eyes, not springs and erector-set parts.

His grill becoming his feet seems to be inaccurate - on the (at least the older design this toy is based upon), his split stomach grill *appears* to be his truck grill.

From what I can tell from the truck pic, he appears have have a hole in the trailer hitch area. Hopefully I can find a similarly scaled after-market trailer or tanker afterwards that will work with this.

Was there actually an official reason why the heads were designed the way they were? IMO they're ugly. Human hands but crap faces. Ironhide and Optimus kinda ok.

Edited by sh002

Why the heck does Bumblebee play Whip It? Am I missing something?

I'm looking forward to the "auto aim and missile fire" feature. Also, that 'Prime-dart gun looks fun...

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't wait to get that Death Star Vader... Have you guys seen the alternate mode???

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Nothing. That's the only one i've even remotely considered buying. The alt. mode isn't half bad, plus it's the Death Star! To tell you the truth though I can't believe this line has gained so much momentum since the first releases. :blink:

Probably because you are actually buying them? I think the concept is very cheesy, but it does meld two franchises that are already popular so I'm not surprised.

? Huh? If that was addressed to me i haven't bought nor do i own a single SWTF. Are you buying them up?

Had the toys been done to not like look like their pilot counterparts in Robot Mode maybe... Come on now Hair? What is this Space Balls?

Veritas:

To tell you the truth though I can't believe this line has gained so much momentum since the first releases.

That's the only one i've even remotely considered buying.

To tell you the truth though I can't believe this line has gained so much momentum since the first releases.

^

Maybe because people might end up actually buying them. Never underestimate the power of the fanboy impulse purchase. :D Previous examples: you don't have to be a fan of the toynami brand to want to buy a toynami alpha. Just a fan of mospeada and the mecha in the show. But not being a fan of the toynami alpha doesn't necessarily mean people are not actually buying them anyway. (when they go on discount - but only because they love the mospeada mecha)

Same deal here: people think the concept is a little stupid, but they love starwars and might just get it for alt mode and see the tf gimmick as the little bonus icing on the cake enough to actually buy the thing. The bottom line being that people = consumer whores. People buy all sorts of stuff they know they don't need, and more of it gets made because you keep buying it. Another example: As much as we all hate the papparazzi for spying on celebrities, and people say "shame shame shame! give people thier privacy", who keeps buying the magazines that feature the photos for people to gossip about? Someone's supplying it the food it needs to survive, (in this case people actually buying the gossip entertainment magazines, sort of a guilty pleasure), otherwise how can it continue on?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just purchased the Alternators Jaguar Ravage online with paypal for $37 shipped so I'll be getting the $15 paypal rebate when it comes in. I figure I probably won't find this one in stores anyway and it comes out to about the regular price.

I nabbed a Classics Jetfire on Saturday. Holy crap! I love this toy! Best Classics TF so far(out of Grimlock and Starscream that I have also)

I love that its slightly based on Dons design of the cross Skyfire(cartoon) and Jetfire(Macross VF-1) designs.

Buy it!

Maybe because people might end up actually buying them. Never underestimate the power of the fanboy impulse purchase. :D Previous examples: you don't have to be a fan of the toynami brand to want to buy a toynami alpha. Just a fan of mospeada and the mecha in the show. But not being a fan of the toynami alpha doesn't necessarily mean people are not actually buying them anyway. (when they go on discount - but only because they love the mospeada mecha)

Same deal here: people think the concept is a little stupid, but they love starwars and might just get it for alt mode and see the tf gimmick as the little bonus icing on the cake enough to actually buy the thing. The bottom line being that people = consumer whores. People buy all sorts of stuff they know they don't need, and more of it gets made because you keep buying it. Another example: As much as we all hate the papparazzi for spying on celebrities, and people say "shame shame shame! give people thier privacy", who keeps buying the magazines that feature the photos for people to gossip about? Someone's supplying it the food it needs to survive, (in this case people actually buying the gossip entertainment magazines, sort of a guilty pleasure), otherwise how can it continue on?

Ahh, there's nothing like the impulse buy. I'll be the first to admit i'm a recovering consumer whore. When i was younger, I used to buy all kinds of crap without thinking things through. These impulse purchases almost always led me to try and complete the collection that the specific item was attached to and would drain my disposable income quicker than i was making it most of the time. Impulse purchases aside though i think parents buying these for their kids are what's really driving this line. They figure they can kill two birds with one stone. Star Wars and Transformers it's like two toys in one! I know what some of you are thinking... "Well uh duh, Tom Cruise they are toys, what would you expect?" Granted they are toys but with how cheesy they come off as i really have to peg them in the toys for kids category alot more than i might say Alternators or even Classics.

Edited by Veritas

Rumor about MP Megatron:

RUMOR: Don't worry about an orange cap on MP-Megatron anymore... TakaraTomy is going to do it themselves.

Quote:

Ryan has met and spoken with a Distributor who lives in Japan, but was here in Ney York enjoying Toyfair 07. They got into a discussion about a whole bunch of different Transformers being release from Takara such as the Kiss Players. But one figure that came up was MP-05 Megatron. According to the distributor, Takara-Tomy will be placing the orange caps on themselves at the factory for a special release of MP-05's to go to US distributors so they can pass customs. Now this is just a rumor and as of right now should be taken with a grain of salt as this is the first and only source who has suggested this.

Here are some relevant news to look back at.

Hobby Link Japan to add safety tip

BBTS to Carry Modified MP-05 Megatron.

And below is the actual toy laws for the US:

§ 1150.2 Prohibitions. No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (‘‘device’’) covered by this part as set forth in § 1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in § 1150.3 of this part.

§ 1150.3 Approved markings. The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce: (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters.

Source: Seibertron. http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic...613fc8c91426863

EDIT: Like the post says, it's just a rumor, but keep it in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Found in TFW2005 http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php...amp;postcount=1

Will it be true?

Is this Takara's way of giving thanks to US supporters of the kiss line? :ph34r::p

Only time will tell.

So ironically I went to Target at lunch and found Jetfire at long last. There was only ONE Jetfire, but now it's sitting on my desk. I really like it a lot. Slight paint smudge on the VF-1S-looking head. Everyone has talked about it already, but I'm super pleased.