Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Heh, got my answer as to a couple more of the Colonies and Baltar, in particular (though not quite the way I expected - and I still don't know why Baltar's Caprican would have a British accent and the other supposed Capricans do not...).

Adama's a pimp! "You're welcome in one of my beds anytime" LOL

Man Created Cylons, They Rebelled, but....Where the FRACK are they?

how many episodes has it been now since we've seen any cylons other than Athena and Caprica Six??

We've all seen those recaps at the beginning of each episode, right? I bet that Adama bed comment comes back in a future recap when some sorta flame is ignited between Adama and Roslyn.

Hmm... just saw the preview for next week's big-ass episode about Starbuck entitled "Maelstrom". I'm beginning to think that perhaps she is a major key to finding Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if she disappears for a while to find the path to their new home on her own.

*knocks head on desk* What, her drawing the Eye of Jupiter since she was a child wasn't obvious enough for you?

Oh, and it isn't Olmos' name who disappears from the credits - I have the spoilers on page 3 if anyone really wants to know.

‘I Have These Nightmares!!’

‘Maelstrom’ Sweeps Into SciFi!!

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 3.17!!

“I can’t sleep. I have these nightmares.â€

“About the Cylon. The one who held you captive. He sees the truth about your destiny. He’s coming for you. Soon.â€

On the heels of “Dirty Hands,†last week’s moving and engrossing post-apocalypse class-warfare episode of “Battlestar Galactica,†we get “Maelstrom,†the big, top-secret, Starbuck-centric, franchise-rocking installment to which everybody’s been alluding for months.

Here’s what the Chicago Tribune said about “Maelstromâ€:

“[series mastermind Ronald D.] Moore adds that after the March 4 episode airs, the name of a major cast member will disappear from the show’s opening credits. They won’t say whether Sackhoff’s name is the one that goes missing. But they do make clear that what happens to Starbuck points the way to a major shift in the show’s direction. ‘It’s a fundamental and permanent change in the makeup of the show’s cast and of the show itself and how the show operates and what the show is about. It’s a very dramatic change of direction,’ Moore says.â€

10 p.m. Sunday. SciFi.

Another thumbs up episode. If only we had had more like the past few episodes....

Just got a chance to watch "Dirty Hands" (had to record it due to being really busy this past week)-

I have to say that it kind of sucked. The concept was good, but I was REALLY, REALLY disappointed in some crappy character actions by Adama and Roslyn.For almost all of the episode they are completely uncaring to the plight of the refinery workers and barely listen to Chief's suggestions, being total hard-asses, and then in the last five minutes they're both like: "Oh, your ideas are great, let's talk in open discussions where we will listen to your expertise."

Eh... I think by adding in that whole Baltar thing, they really toook away from what could've been great development with the main plot.

Great episode? GREAT EPISODE?! That sucked! What is her destiny? To get blown up? That was it?

Why did she keep drawing the Eye of Jupiter? Why is Leoben so obsessed with her? If that wasn't Leoben who was with her when she was with her mom, who was it? The Angel of Death? Seriously I found "Maelstrom" very disappointing.

At least now we know what they were saving the CGI budget for. I don't know what I would have done without all of those fancy clouds!

Man, I'm pissed. I said it out loud at the end of the episode and I'll say it here: that farting sucked.

I'm sure she will be back as a Cylon (which is just as stupid). In the meantime however, we will be seeing less of Leoben. At least we won't have to deal with her bullcrap for the rest of the season. Alright Moore and Eick, I get it. Starbuck has mental problems.

How can one say bye bye to Starbuck? They spend all this time and most of this episode building up something greater for her. Do you honestly think that's it? I mean, come on.

BTW, Baltar is getting the noose. Just wait, its coming.

Yeah this episode farting blew. Angst galore. The only salvation was the beautiful shots for the Vipers. Can't wait to see it in HD, but I'll be skipping all the blech drama.

Why are people now assuming she is a Cylon? Nothing about what they showed us gives anyone any reason to believe she is. If anything, its something far grander than what we have seen so far. When they talk about taking the show in an entirely new direction, making Starbuck a Cylon doesn't make much sense. However, killing Baltar does.

i havent like Kara for awhile and i'm not sad to see her go.

maybe something grander will come of her character getting

killed but if it turns out she was saved at the last second then

why bother "killing" her off in the 1st place. Even if she is a cylon

that doesnt make sense since she was captured on Caprica. Why

not just tell her "Hey your a Cylon and your one of the Final 5"

though that really doesnt work since nobody knows who the final 5

are. Well whatever... I just I haven't cared to much for her mostly

b/c she's a nut.

The Vipers were nice though. :)

Throughout the majority of the episode they were dropping hints of transcendence, passing beyond the realm of life, death and the world as everyone else knows it. You can be certain that Starbuck didn't just "die," and she'll reappear at some point in the story, probably as a beacon or a partial realization towards Earth and the destiny of the Colonies...

Throughout the majority of the episode they were dropping hints of transcendence, passing beyond the realm of life, death and the world as everyone else knows it. You can be certain that Starbuck didn't just "die," and she'll reappear at some point in the story, probably as a beacon or a partial realization towards Earth and the destiny of the Colonies...

Heh. Back to the old concept of the original Starbuck introducing himself to Baltar on Kobol as "God".

That or she's the head of the final five...

Great episode! I'm wondering where this is going?

For those of you that are also spaceship junkies like me, did you notice the NEW MK VII. The MK VII's in this episode where redesigned. The differences are new intakes/redisigned intakes....the ones next to the canopy are now more angular and pronounced and new intakes in the same position but under the wings. The nose is also redesigned....it is now wider and a little flatter with more curve on the underside. the nose now looks more like the MKII. Finally the Wing LERX are totally different now. They originally went from the wing root ( where the new intakes are) to pretty much the tip of the nose in a straight line. They now have a nice curve to them and end about half way down the nose. They look almost exactly like the New SuperHornet LERX's.....in fact the changes are alot like the differences between a legacy Hornet and a Superhornet. I like alot! I wonder if all the MK VII's are now supposed to look like this or if this is possibly one of the newly produced Vipers that Pegasus made back in "Scar"

It would be cool if say the old design was something like a Viper MK VIIc and the new one is like a Viper MK VIIe. Could tell either, but was the MK VII a different color too...possibly a grey or metalic grey.

Anyway cool epsiode I liked it. I wonder what the big show directional change is going to be, that they say is comming at the end of the season.

Chris

Great episode! I'm wondering where this is going?

For those of you that are also spaceship junkies like me, did you notice the NEW MK VII. The MK VII's in this episode where redesigned. The differences are new intakes/redisigned intakes....the ones next to the canopy are now more angular and pronounced and new intakes in the same position but under the wings. The nose is also redesigned....it is now wider and a little flatter with more curve on the underside. the nose now looks more like the MKII. Finally the Wing LERX are totally different now. They originally went from the wing root ( where the new intakes are) to pretty much the tip of the nose in a straight line. They now have a nice curve to them and end about half way down the nose. They look almost exactly like the New SuperHornet LERX's.....in fact the changes are alot like the differences between a legacy Hornet and a Superhornet. I like alot! I wonder if all the MK VII's are now supposed to look like this or if this is possibly one of the newly produced Vipers that Pegasus made back in "Scar"

It would be cool if say the old design was something like a Viper MK VIIc and the new one is like a Viper MK VIIe. Could tell either, but was the MK VII a different color too...possibly a grey or metalic grey.

Anyway cool epsiode I liked it. I wonder what the big show directional change is going to be, that they say is comming at the end of the season.

Chris

We need a picture of that Dobber, it could be that they are the new builds, and were made different due to maintenance issues.

... this is what has been pimped for months now? This is what everyone has been hinting at as being, "big and massive changes that will have resounding effects"? This is... *yawn* pathetic. I mean, it was really and truly bad. An hour of watching people whine, batty, and complain is not how I envision an enjoyable TV show.

Plus, I'm a bit upset at just how quickly this "Eye of Jupiter" thing was brought up. Nobody talked about it for episodes, and suddenly everyone is mentioning it every second word.

On the plus side, this means no more of watching Starbuck at all. I got tired of her as a character around the fifth episode of the Season 1.

Why are people now assuming she is a Cylon? Nothing about what they showed us gives anyone any reason to believe she is. If anything, its something far grander than what we have seen so far. When they talk about taking the show in an entirely new direction, making Starbuck a Cylon doesn't make much sense. However, killing Baltar does.

I totally agree. I also wanna re-watch the episode again. Thank Gods for TiVo.

I for one thought it was a good episode. If for no other reason than we finally got to see some more of that military type stuff they have forgotten for the last umpteen. Vipers in atmo? = good. Looked fantastic though of course, it raises the whole argument that those things would be lawn darts in atmo, but hey, they look good.

I honestly don't think they'll cylonize Starbuck. I think she'll appear as some sort of vision or evolved being or some crap that points the way to Earth. If that's the case, I'm cool with it. I was sick to death of her angsty, frakked in the head BS, and her character had reached a point where she either had to have an epiphany, or die. Hopefully, she will evolve a little, and when she does show up as an oracle or whatever, she's not chomping a cigar and talking smack. Flowy white robes and all that is what I want to see.

Making Baltar a cylon makes sense only in the capacity that having multiples of him would finally allow him to love himself that much more, and be even more self centered.

I have a feeling that Starbuck may turn out to be the first cylon hybrid...unbeknownst to the Cylons, except for Leobin....that way she won't REALLY be a cylon. Maybe she was concieved be her mom and Leobin or one of his model so that's why he is so preoccupied with her. Just a thought.

Or maybe the "Leobin" she was talking with while she was unconsious is the same thing as the Six in Baltars head and the Baltar in Six's head. War of the Gods...

Chris

Really loved the Vipers flying through the clouds and the crisp shots of the Vipers mid-flight.

For as much as she was trying to avoid her "destiny," a lot of this episode seemed focused on Starbuck tying up loose ends and saying goodbye (in her own way) to those closest to her.

I kinda suspected Starbuck would "disappear" in this episode. And after a few scenes, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. But given what we know about her character from past episodes, I thought the episode was fairly well-executed. I actually liked this "goodbye" episode a heck of a lot more than I did the "Kat dies" episode from a few months back. None of the plot-lines seemed to come out of left field, and everything in this episode was touched on and built up from earlier episodes.

I'm definitely intrigued by where this new storyline may lead. And I believe my eventual opinion on this episode will depend heavily on how well future episodes follow up and develop this particular plot thread. In a way, I feel like I've only read the first chapter of a story and am trying to use that to judge my opinion on the entire book.

Maybe this is how they introduce Count Iblis and the Ship of light ?

This was definitely on the back-burner of my mind.

We'll see if they start dropping hints about this later on this season or (more likely) next season.

Or maybe the "Leobin" she was talking with while she was unconsious is the same thing as the Six in Baltars head and the Baltar in Six's head. War of the Gods...

Chris

That's the impression I got.

I wounder if we'll ever see a CG-cylon again? :unsure:

I'm still going with my theory that she is a descendent of the 13th tribe and somehow ascended to a higher plane of existence.

‘As Far As I Know!!’ GALACTICA’s Sackoff Gives Her First Post-Maelstrom Interview!!

‘I am dead as far as I know,†Katee Sackoff claims in her first interview following Kara “Starbuck†Thrace’s apparent demise on Sunday's “Battlestar Galactica.â€

She also tells KUFO-FM’s Cort and Fatboy that she’s shooting a pilot for NBC, so she might not even be all that available even for “Galactica†flashbacks if that pilot goes to series.

“I did sign a six-year contract,†she mentions at one point. “Galactica†is an NBC/Universal show just completing its third season.

She also says she plays Starbuck at least one more time – on Seth Green’s “Robot Chicken.â€

We also learn she knows other curses besides “frak.â€

She flat out answers whether dead is dead--but drops JUST enough hints that if you listen to Ron Moore's commentary for Maelstrom, you might maybe get an idea of what could be comin around the corner. Did Starbuck eject? What major NBC Pilot is she trying out for? What does Katee sound like when some dumb batty cuts her off while she's conducting a phoner with radio hacks from Portland? Listen and find out.

Listen to the interview. She had a few slip-ups (one they called her on, one they missed), and you pretty much get that she'll be back (though, its not clear whether or not she knows what the plan is).