Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Season Four is apparently a go. Official announcement won't be until next week though. (KR is a very reputable source.)

2 hour long movie in September 2007

13 episodes starting in January 2008

They need to renew the actors' contracts, that's why there's only 13 episodes for now.

EDIT: Use azrael's link. For some reason the link to RA doesn't work.

Edited by meh_cd

OK people... Here's the lowdown for tonight courtesy of someone at AICN:

What we know about 3.14:

* Sagitarron refugees are blamed for a spreading disease that attacks major organs.

* Saul Tigh and Galen Tyrol don’t much care for them Sagitarrons, whose numbers include Tom Zarek and Anastasia Dualla.

* Bruce Davison plays Dr. Robert, who tends to Hera, and may be some manner of murderous racial supremacist.

* Zarek sees putting Baltar on trial as divisive, and encourages Laura Roslin to declare martial law.

* Caprica Six continues to be haunted by Fake Baltar.

Next week: Bill Adama flashes back in “A Day In The Life.â€

10 p.m. Sunday. SciFi

This one was really good. All they need now are some spacefights! Yeah... :unsure:

When Baltar showed up I kinda jumped. Glad they remembered that, but he really didn't have much to say.

But man I just hate the ad guys so much. They really overdramatize everything that happens. And if I here that goddawful "WHENDARKNESSENDSTONIGHT" poo I'm going to punch someone. :angry:

This one was really good. All they need now are some spacefights! Yeah... :unsure:

When Baltar showed up I kinda jumped. Glad they remembered that, but he really didn't have much to say.

But man I just hate the ad guys so much. They really overdramatize everything that happens. And if I here that goddawful "WHENDARKNESSENDSTONIGHT" poo I'm going to punch someone. :angry:

Right on Wes! That song has gotta go. I just don't like anything dating a series. It's like seeing a trailer from The Original Series with a Hall & Oates tune in the background, or even worse... Rick Springfield!

Very good episode. It had alot of the elements that were lacking in the some of the previous episodes( Intercrew interaction, exposition on the fleets inhabitants). I loved the altercation between Tigh and Helo. Tigh is such a badass.

Despite being a little formulatic, I'm really pleased with this episode.

We got to see:

* Helo "punished" with a crap assignment (even if it is indirect and/or unintentional).

* Someone finally addressing where the heck all of those New Caprica refugees wound up (Now if we can just get a throwaway comment on where all the Pegasus' Vipers and Raptors are chillin').

* VICE-PRESIDENT Zarak ( ^_^ ) bringing a nice counter-point to El Presidente.

* The return of Caprica Six's guardian Baltar. (I cheered out loud for this one too.)

* Cool little crew interactions (All the pilots busting Helo's chops for his assignment, Apollo standing up for his wife when Tyrol made an off-color comment, the little "Hey, what's up" nod between Starbuck and Helo at the bar, the lingering tension in Tigh, and yes, even, the mild annoyance from Starbuck when Dee and Apollo got all kissy-faced.)

And just for myk, we got to see Racetrack slightly fixed up and out of her usual pilot's jumpsuit. ;)

Like I said, the main story's a little formulatic. But at least the episode felt like an ensemble piece again with all the pieces of the story moving forward.

did anyone catch the bonus scene where Helo confesses to cutting off the oxygen to the infected cylons?

wonder if that was supposed to happen before Adama apologizes to him or after.

also, do only enlisted couples get their own quarters? starbuck still sleeps in the barracks right?

Edited by chowyunskinny

And just for myk, we got to see Racetrack slightly fixed up and out of her usual pilot's jumpsuit. ;)

I never expected to see her out of her flightsuit so I didn't recognize her. I was like, "who's this sweet piece of Colonial goodness?" Damn it... :lol:

I believe that "Maelstrom" is the episode in which things really begin to get underway with Starbuck.

Yay....just what we need, more Starbuck. Cuz before we just couldn't get enough of that bulldyke, now they're going to make her some sort of prophet or cylon or whatever. <_<

Sorry, but she can always be counted on to do pretty much the dumbest possible thing. Given the choice between the shiny button that will save all humanity, and a candy bar made out of dogshit, she'd go for the candy bar. They spent far too much time building her character as the fighter-pilot-with-too-much-to-prove-who-doesn't-care-about-anything blah blah blah for them to turn around now and try and make her interesting.

And I am sick to DEATH of the frakking love quadrangle crap between Stardummy, Apollo, Dee and Anders.

GET BACK TO THE MAIN PLOT, GET BACK TO ACTUALLY FIGHTING THE CYLONS.

Keep it up Moore and Eick, we'll be watching Battlestar Jumpsharktica before long.

Very good episode. It had alot of the elements that were lacking in the some of the previous episodes( Intercrew interaction, exposition on the fleets inhabitants). I loved the altercation between Tigh and Helo. Tigh is such a badass.

Tigh's also a huge hypocrite. After all the hatred he's expressed in previous episodes and early in this episode about Sagitarrans and others who wouldn't fight the cylons. He got pretty high and mighty with that doctor considering he's been party to a few secret executions of his own. Of course that makes his character that much more realistic since people do rationalize things to justify their own actions vs. others'.

Edited by glane21

What I liked most about the episode was Tighs character development. HE is a badass in my opinion. He has has his opinions but do not allow them to overshadow his value as XO. He is my favorite for sure, plus that line "Better have a doctor look at that hand" was priceless.

This episode didn't work for me because I had no idea where all those people came from. Like, surprise, we have refugees! Did I miss something?

The refugee issue has been happening since they got off New Caprica as stated earlier. That's why all the Galatica personell are alot more crampt than they have been. But I've been having a hard time following it. Can anyone help?

What I liked most about the episode was Tighs character development. HE is a badass in my opinion. He has has his opinions but do not allow them to overshadow his value as XO. He is my favorite for sure, plus that line "Better have a doctor look at that hand" was priceless.

Yeah that was a great line. I loved his delivery and the look that he gave to Helo.

Tigh might not have had any love for the Sagitarons, but I don't think that he would've sanctioned them being exterminated like roaches. It seems that his big hangup with them was that they refused to aid in the insurrection on New Caprica and in any of the armed conflicts. Towards the end of the episode he mentioned that he might have been wrong in his views.

Eh? I just took Tigh as admitting he was wrong about the doctor... nothing more, nothing less.

Decent episode. I don't have a feel that this fleet has almost 50k people on it. The various cultures should be looked at more, as well. Sagitarons and what about the rest? Capricans seem about equivalent to Americans in both language and feel. Has Baltar's home colony been revealed or is it just a subset of the Capricans who have British accents? :ph34r:

Eh? I just took Tigh as admitting he was wrong about the doctor... nothing more, nothing less.

Decent episode. I don't have a feel that this fleet has almost 50k people on it. The various cultures should be looked at more, as well. Sagitarons and what about the rest? Capricans seem about equivalent to Americans in both language and feel. Has Baltar's home colony been revealed or is it just a subset of the Capricans who have British accents? :ph34r:

He was an initial Quorum of Twelve member, back in the 1st season when Roslin nominated him for her vice president, but I really don't remember where it said he was from.

Edited by Wes

I had issues with the way the Sagitarrons were presented. It had the standard scifi "one world-one culture" feel to it. Maybe I missed something, but I never felt that the differeing viewpoints on issues among the fleet were divided by homeworld, but by each person's upbringing.

I had no issues with the prejudice angle. When the tribes fled Kobol, they likely settled their colonies along national differences. Following that, it's likely that before the cylons came about, the colonies warred back and forth, and prejudices took hold. Even after they formed a unified gov't, those prejudices would have remained.

I realize there really wasn't much time to develop everybody, and at least Dee held a slightly different viewpoint, but it just felt very Star Trek to me, which is less than what I've been led to expect from this show.

And why weren't the military characters going to Doc Cottle? The civvies, ok, they handed them off to Dr Racist; but Dee and Sharon had no real reason to bother the overworked refugee doctor instead of Cottle. Just seemed like an overt reason to add more drama.

Edited by Kelsain

"The Woman King"

(Just so I can keep track of what episode we're on, I'll name the episode when I comment on it)

This was a good episode for Helo. I liked this character episode. But, the whole anti-Sagitaron thing really did complicate the story a bit. In the podcast, RDM makes a note about it and how it was eventually dropped as they moved into the later episodes. That was a good idea. But the episode feels like they figured that out after the fact so it dragged the episode a bit.

I liked seeing Head-Baltar again. Makes me remember that even Cylons have "imaginary friends".

I found it humorous that the writers couldn't come up with a better name than "metamucen" for their made up medicine

Maybe the Saggitarons weren't getting their recommended amounts of fiber :lol:

Mwahahaha lol. A quick glance on google/wikipedia says you are probably correct. Metamucin itself is apparently used as a dye to detect lung cancer. Well, at least in one medical journal. :p

Here's the official nod to Season 4:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?c...=0&id=40133

SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its Peabody-winning original series Battlestar Galactica, ordering 13 new episodes. Production will resume this summer in Vancouver, Canada, with an eye toward a January 2008 premiere. ...Read more

Jan. 2008 is gonna be a while. No official mention of the TV movie.