MGS movie confirmed

bandit29

This is really lame and cheesy looking, but you can see where i'm going with it. Hayter could pretty easily and imho convincingly play snake:

I know it looks bad but i only spent a few minutes on it

ROFLMAO!! That's a good photoshop.

Chowyun: Does david hayter write his own lines in the game or something? :blink:

David Hayter's voice has become too stereotypical and cheesy for me. :lol:

It'll never happen, but I only have two picks:

Christian Bale as Snake:

IPB Image

and Kate Beckingsale as Meryl:

IPB Image

Couple shots that look a bit like the MGS characters. Both are talented, versatile actors who can simultaneously do believable action. Bale's commitment to his roles is unmatched-- he will shed weight or bulk up for *precisely* the physique needed, and has played both a 120 pound insomiac and a 220 pound muscle bound superhero within six months of each other. If you need him with Snake's exact physique, he *will* have Snake's exact physique. And if you need him to spend some time in Alaska mushing wolves to get into the role mentally, Bale would probably more than happy to oblige, being a big animal and conservation guy. Oh, and there's all that fancy acting stuff that he brings along too.

Beckinsale's not too shabby either, but I just wonder whether she can capture Meryl's coy tomboy and innocent naiveity, along with her awe and hero worship of Snake. But as a bonus, Bale and Beckinsale have starred as romantic leads opposite each other, so chemistry wouldn't be a problem. And at any rate, she'd still make for a more convincing female soldier than the original voice actress for Meryl did, as much as I enjoyed her.

Too bad Bale probably couldn't be convinced to play Snake unless the character writing was stellar, and we know how likely that's going to be, and he's probably had his fill of action disasters for awhile. But if they could land him for the role, he could even double for Liquid, being a real Brit himself. And with the practice he had growling as Batman, if he just pulled it back a bit, he'd definitely pull off a convincing Snake, gravelly voice and all.

[EDIT]

Eric Bana would be great. Wasn't Christian Bale talking about being Snake a while back?

I JUST read this now. Christian Bale **TALKED** about being Snake?! I know Bale isn't above action movies, and he definitely isn't above chancy, innovative action flicks, but I'm surprised he'd even consider a movie in a genre that features poor acting and uninspired writing as a rule. What shouldn't surprise me is that the thought also crossed his mind that he would be perfect for Snake.

Edited by Sundown

And another: Nicole Kidman as Naomi Hunter

IPB Image

Kidman's got that scheming, woman scorned, grudge bearing look, even when she doesn't want it, which fits Naomi Hunter perfectly. And whenever I hear Naomi Hunter on the codec in MGS, I picture a real life Kidman for some reason.

Edited by Sundown

christian does look the part, but i'm very unimpressed with his action acting in batman.

Honestly i dont know if i can' handle ANY snake if its not voiced by hayter though... hayter just made snake work.

Edited by KingNor

Bale's action was a lot more fun in Equilibrium, but I'd agree that even though it suits me fine, he's a bit more stiff and formal in his action sequences than some others. I also blame most of the poor action in Batman Begins on Nolan's directing and choosing to film the action sequences as a flurry of close up blurs.

Someone on another forum suggested Rahda Mitchell as Meryl. As far as I'm concerned, she was the only thing good about Pitch Black. Yes, I know Vin Diesel was in it. Her character in Pitch Black and her relationship with Riddick isn't too far removed from Meryl and Snake in MGS. Except that Snake isn't as impotent at protecting the women around him. Rhada's also a decent actress who's not above doing crappy video game movies like Silent Hill.

IPB Image

Edited by Sundown

I'm not gonna lie. I'm really pumped about this. I shouldn't be, with the track records video game movies have and all, but I am. I'm pumped about this and I can't do anything about it.

With kojima and his team involved with production I have high hopes, since he always seemed kind of like a control freak. I mean, how many times, has he gone from 'just producing' to directing the MGS games? PLEASE let this be awesome.

True, but we need people to talk in movies. I like the focus on action... but watching some fool sneak around will wear thin quickly.

Here is something interesting, my friend just e-mailed it to me a while ago :

Snake Plissken was the inspiration for Solid Snake, hero of the Metal

Gear series, and the plot was also the inspiration for Metal Gear 2:

Solid Snake (sneak into an indomitable fortress to rescue a VIP and an

important tape/cartridge that determines the fate of the world).

Furthermore, in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Solid Snake goes

by the alias of Iroquois Pliskin. Metal Gear also uses the same font

in its logo for the first game as Escape From New York. There are

several other references to Escape from New York in the Metal Gear

series. Foxdie, the nanomachine virus that was secretly injected into

Solid Snake before his mission - so that he could spread it among the

terrorist group Foxhound - is reminiscent of the deadly shots

administered to Pliskin as an incentive for him to save the President.

Otacon, the scientist ally of Solid Snake is based on Brain. In every

Metal Gear Solid game, there is a part where your character is left

with nothing after being knocked out and tortured, very similar to how

Snake Plisskin escaped from The Duke. A mined area is also a trend in

the Metal Gear series. In a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4, of a

fairly jokey atmosphere has Solid Snake sit down in a deck chair much

like Snake Plissken does in Escape from New York and L.A. Also, Lee

Van Cleef, who starred in the film, serves as the basis of the MGS

villain Revolver Ocelot, for his portrayal of "Angel Eyes" in The

Good, the Bad and the Ugly.