Badly needed! High res battroid images

Dragonfish

I've been a long time fan of Robotech and also am an avid PC modder. My next case is a Robotech themed case and I need some high resolution, print quality images of Battroids or gerwalks in action poses. I've been looking everywhere and I have found some great pics but they are always scaled down for web to 72dpi. I need 300dpi or better. Whoever can find it gets my undying appreciation and maybe we can figure out some other compensation. I can use either 3D modeled or pics of toys or models, just need to be high resolution. Thank you so much!

I've been a long time fan of Robotech and also am an avid PC modder. My next case is a Robotech themed case and I need some high resolution, print quality images of Battroids or gerwalks in action poses. I've been looking everywhere and I have found some great pics but they are always scaled down for web to 72dpi. I need 300dpi or better. Whoever can find it gets my undying appreciation and maybe we can figure out some other compensation. I can use either 3D modeled or pics of toys or models, just need to be high resolution. Thank you so much!

You are aware this is a Super Dimension Fortress Macross forum right?

RT doesn't get much love around here... B))

Welcome by the way! Rowboat tech doesn't get much love around here, but for those of us old farts, it was how we were introduced to Macross, even if it wasn't a proper intro.

Go to the main web page and look under "Art." There's stuff there in various sections. Let me know if you need more and specifically what you're looking for. - MT

Thanks, I found the Art section first actually but couldn't find what I was looking for. What I really need is a vf-1 facing forward/right in a combat pose. Preferably a skull squadron valk, I don't know what his name is in Macross but Rick Hunters valk would be ideal. The most important thing is that it be in focus and full resolution. From there I can photoshop the rest. As soon as I get started I'll be posting a work log here too. Thank you so much!

Thanks, I found the Art section first actually but couldn't find what I was looking for. What I really need is a vf-1 facing forward/right in a combat pose. Preferably a skull squadron valk, I don't know what his name is in Macross but Rick Hunters valk would be ideal. The most important thing is that it be in focus and full resolution. From there I can photoshop the rest. As soon as I get started I'll be posting a work log here too. Thank you so much!

His name is Hikaru Ichijo.

Mechmaster, that is perfect! If you could do a bright blue background that would help, as I'm going to photoshop it out completely. Could I have that at around 300dpi? Thank you guys so much!

Todd

300 dpi is no problem, but that doesn't tell me how big you want it, can you give me a figure in pixels or inches? As for the background, if you are going to remove it totally then I can render the image as a TIFF file with an alpha channel and save you the work.

Hey Mechmaster, could you render a couple more images and post them in the VF-1a Photoshop Madness thread?

Thanks!

I will see if I get time at the weekend, would you want fully coloured valks, or greyscale so people can make their own custom colour schemes? If I don't have time you could perhaps talk to scott8539 as he already has the models, or indeed you may have the models yourself by then and not need me anyway.

to mechmaster,what would i use to convert iff to jpeg?im having to remap the models i import to poser.thanks.

I'm sorry mate, I never thought about that, I first started using Cinema 4D back in my Amiga days and when I had to move to the PC I continued to use IFFs out of habit. What you need is Irfanview, its free from http://www.irfanview.com/

If you deal with graphics files it is a very useful tool, its one of the few programs I feel I absolutley have to have on every PC I own.

The batch conversion function in the File menu will do what you want in no time flat. Just browse to the directory with the tex files, change the "Files of type:" setting to IFF/ILBM, highlight the files and click the "Add" button, make sure Jpeg is selected as the output option and click "Start."