New Network Sci Fi Shows Picked Up

DeathHammer

Is that a joke, or are those going to be actual TV progs?

They all sound terrible.

Graham

"Life on Mars" was first broadcast in the UK last year. It is excellent, although it relies quite heavily on UK cop show culture from the 70s ("Get your trousers on, son. You're nicked!"). The US version might be in trouble if they take the "hey, wasn't Starsky & Hutch fun back then? Lets do that!" route. A new series of Life on Mars, UK version, starts broadcasting next week in the UK.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

GODDAMN! They're going to ruin the Bionic Woman! Can they please stop raping my childhood? :angry: A Terminator show without actually having the Terminator. Good one Hollywood <_< ! I think I've seen Twilight before. Yeah it was a little show called..........FOREVER KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Though Reaper sounds a little interesting. :lol:

NBC: Journeyman, an epic fantasy about a man who travels back in time to fix the lives of people in trouble.

Anything with the words "epic" and "television" in the same sentence isn't epic.

Err, wasn't this show called Quantum Leap back in the day...

The Life on Mars thing is kind of sad. Do Americans re-invent all the shows that come from abroad?

Well overall it looks like I wont have to worry about missing anything on TV for awhile.

they might as well bring back a live action version of the Smurfs or something its just

as absurd as some of these shows :p

Anything with the words "epic" and "television" in the same sentence isn't epic.

Err, wasn't this show called Quantum Leap back in the day...

The Life on Mars thing is kind of sad. Do Americans re-invent all the shows that come from abroad?

Wait until you hear about the forthcoming Vicar of Dibley remake, and to explain that one I'm going to need a comfortable chair, a pot of tea, several bars of chocolate and about three whole days. :)

• 2 months later...

Oh, you lucky, lucky people.

Why?

Because you're probably going to be hearing a lot about "Life on Mars" shortly, and you're going to get to discover it for the first time, providing something doesn't go terribly wrong when it crosses the Atlantic. :)

(final episode broadcast of the UK original on BBC One this evening, and boy, are we going to miss DCI Gene Hunt. Why? Because of lines like this: "Don't move, you're surrounded by armed b*****ds!")... :)

Here's another summary of Journeyman.

http://www.tv.com/journeyman/show/69207/summary.html

Twilight sounds sooooooo much like Forever Knight. Worst than deja vu.

Here's the summary from TV.com:

Twilight follows Mick, an immortal vampire/private eye and his struggle to exist with the curse of being undead. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not, one who is mortal and therefore out of his reach, as well as his dealings with the woman who made him a vampire, his sire Corinne. Joel Silver is executive producing with Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow both writing and executive producing.

Babylon Fields....needs a good shotgun slug in the face.

Bionic Woman....If Katee Sackhoff is showing up in this show as a guest star...what's the chance that someone from this show will make a guest spot or cameo on BSG....

Bionic Woman, a reimagining of the classic series focusing on a woman in today's world? Seems to me that the original series wasn't all that good to begin with. Other than Lindsay Wagner of course. I wonder what job she will have. She was a school teacher who had a parachuting accident, and the only way she survived was from intervention by her lover, Steve Austin. They got lucky with Battlestar Galactica. And face it, if it wasn't for the 6 Million Dollar Man, the Bionic Woman would not be around. Childhoods really are getting raped here.