Supersylph Yukikaze Miniposters

electric indigo

Hi

I noticed quite a few people here who are into Sentou Yousei Yukikaze, so you may be interested in my CG illustrations featuring my Bandai Supersylph model.

Supersylph_lo.jpg

Supersylph2_lo.jpg

You can get the HiRes versions here:

http://www.online-club.de/~romansland/Supersylph.jpg

http://www.online-club.de/~romansland/Supersylph2.jpg

-i-

rude

Hey I am starting to notice a trend. Anytime someone puts up some really amazing work you only slam them. What's your deal? It seems as though you are trying to start fights with members here. If that is your intention here then go away.... <_<

That being said.....

Man those are really great. I think I have found my new wallpaper as well. Excellent work! :)

Rob MN

rude

Hey I am starting to notice a trend. Anytime someone puts up some really amazing work you only slam them. What's your deal? It seems as though you are trying to start fights with members here. If that is your intention here then go away.... <_<

That being said.....

Man those are really great. I think I have found my new wallpaper as well. Excellent work! :)

Rob MN

hey, Rob... da_gremlinz is just using slang... that was actually a compliment...

these kids today, I tell ya! :lol:

Wow those pics kick a lot of ass, but I was wondering if you could increase the resolution on the second image to 1152 by 864?

I tried to increase the size but the quality of the pic dipped dramatically. A new size would be much apreciated and do you have a website?

That's cool but, how do you land that thing?

from the animation, the lower "rudder" folds upwards for landing. (personally, i think the Super Sylph would look a lot better without that "rudder", but that's just me)

Great work on the Wallpapers though!

Okay....then comment retracted.  Man I'm getting too old.... :(

s'okay. no hard feelings :p i guess i should maybe just refrain from complimenting or just do it in a manner that won't be interperated the wrong way. my bad. didn't mean to come off as being negative.

Edited by da_gremlinz

thank you all for the appreciation 8)

the background images were indeed created with terragen, a great program, but using it gives you a real headache. On top of that, the renderer is slow as a glacier...

I used a Canon Powershot G2 to make the photos of the model, with a north-facing window as a soft backlight. Composing + color correction was done in Photoshop (of course)

sorry, unsf, I can't render larger backgrounds, so the pics are as big as it gets for now.

-i-

s'okay. no hard feelings :p i guess i should maybe just refrain from complimenting or just do it in a manner that won't be interperated the wrong way. my bad. didn't mean to come off as being negative.

That is sick (extremely awesome) ;)

:D:D:lol:

Since we have a lot of native english spokers (sp?) from around the world here and in every place they have their own version of slang (not to mention engrish and it's variants) I guess that if we all start writting in slang sooner or later a war would erupt!! I've learnt a lot of slang just reading these forums but considering the international nature of the forums plain english (or something like that in my personal case) would be better. My two cents.

Terrific work electric indigo!!

:D:D:lol:

Since we have a lot of native english spokers (sp?) from around the world here and in every place they have their own version of slang (not to mention engrish and it's variants) I guess that if we all start writting in slang sooner or later a war would erupt!! I've learnt a lot of slang just reading these forums but considering the international nature of the forums plain english (or something like that in my personal case) would be better. My two cents.

Terrific work electric indigo!!

i was suprised that people missunderstood the slang. i mean if i wanted to say something negative, i'd use something alot more straight forward than "rude" (although, i would more likely keep my opinion to myself at that point). i never though "rude" describing someone's cgi rendering could be interprated as a negative remark. oh well. :p

on another note. i gotta say these renderings are slick.

to electric indigo: to get the background renderings to look nicer if you enlarge them, you can always try giving them a touch of gaussian blur (only a few pixels) then res it and enlarge. after sharpen it useing the sharpen filter. its an old try i found works quite well if you want to upscale shite low res images. it might be worth a try

I've put up some some raw pics of my model. The lighting wasn't too good, but you can get some views of the beautiful work Bandai (and designer Ikuto Yamashiita) did here

http://www.online-club.de/~romansland/supersylph/

The only modifications I did was clipping off the tiny wings of the missiles and replacing them with bits of 0.25 mm styrene sheet and raising the pilot figures 0,7 mm, otherwise you wouldn't see them in the profile picture.

The various stripes on the model are painted (masking hell!), all colors were subdued ba adding very light grey.

Many of the decal positions indicated in the manual are wrong, so use the animation ore the CG grafics on the box as reference.

-i-