Anasazi Decals now available through Robographics

Anasazi37

I am still on the fence about this. I am about 100% finished since I don't need the stress. I thought about getting these orders out and clearing my head, but I cannot change the way people are when they email me.

I got new paper in to finish the last orders and the same situation is happening.

There seems to be a lack of glue behind the paper. Once the decals are printed, it wrinkles to the point beyond being usable. The problem is that you cannot tell until they are printed. After it wrinkles, it just flakes up. Here are some pics so you get an idea of what is going on...

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals2.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals1.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals3.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals4.jpg

Now I could easily send these out and say screw it. But I am not about to do that. I didn't get into this to make money. I did it becuase I have more than enough equiptment to do this job an you guys needed it. And of course I am a fan as well. But damnit I don't know what the hell is going in the decal paper business these days. I also do toy prototyping and it is affecting this work as well. I only have one more order to fill and that has to go to France. After that I don't know.

Edited by Night Stalker

Chris,

I've definitely been where you are. Folks here at MW are very patient when it comes to printing mishaps like this. There was a period of about two to three months once where I kept going back and forth with my paper supplier at the time (Bel Decal) over very similar quality control issues. They'd send a stack of paper, it would be worthless, I'd send it back, they'd send another worthless stack, and so on. I eventually had to switch paper suppliers. Orders backed up, but in the end I believed that quality was the most important thing and everyone understood. Then there were the times that my ALPS printer broke and had to be sent in for repairs. Even more backlogs. One time I didn't get it back for eight weeks....

I'm not going to point fingers at any MW member who might be anxiously waiting to receive an order. Just please remember that Chris is doing this as a favor to me and to all of you, in his spare time, for almost no money. We both do this as a hobby, not a business. Printing decals using the ALPS method is a very time consuming thing to do and we both fit it in around other obligations (family, work, etc.). Chris was kind enough to step in when I could no longer spare enough time to fill the volume of orders coming in, and I'm glad that we have him around.

Chris, it might be too late to suggest this, but I'd be happy to pass along the contact info for my paper supplier. His paper is the best I've ever used and the customer service is excellent.

I am still on the fence about this. I am about 100% finished since I don't need the stress. I thought about getting these orders out and clearing my head, but I cannot change the way people are when they email me.

I got new paper in to finish the last orders and the same situation is happening.

There seems to be a lack of glue behind the paper. Once the decals are printed, it wrinkles to the point beyond being usable. The problem is that you cannot tell until they are printed. After it wrinkles, it just flakes up. Here are some pics so you get an idea of what is going on...

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals2.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals1.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals3.jpg

http://www.alienprojects.com/decals4.jpg

Now I could easily send these out and say screw it. But I am not about to do that. I didn't get into this to make money. I did it becuase I have more than enough equiptment to do this job an you guys needed it. And of course I am a fan as well. But damnit I don't know what the hell is going in the decal paper business these days. I also do toy prototyping and it is affecting this work as well. I only have one more order to fill and that has to go to France. After that I don't know.

Just wanted to add my two cents.

I have ordered a ton of sets from Anasazi and the quality has always been excellent - And I have been patient whenever there is a delay.

We should allow extra time for situations that arise when R&D is being done on a custom product being offered to the masses here.

I can't imagine how I would finish a custom or even a regular valk without these decals.

Here's hoping the issues are resolved so we all can have the oppurtunity to order these awseome sets.

MWCON custom winner below with examples of Decals

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by hirohawa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my comments (sorry been out of the loop for the past few months - but I love my baby girl, she's 10 months now!)

I am so sorry to hear about this Night Stalker - some people can be so rude and don't realize that this is a community based on the generosity of others. For all those people out there that were less than kind to NS, all I can say is "Grow UP!" - its only $10-20 dollars, thats nothing to get rude over, even $100 or more, whats the price for our civility? I mean don't get me wrong, there are definite scammers out there in the wild internet, but with our MW community here - they may get away with it once or twice initially, but then are usually shut out.

I feel I must also express my appreciation to Anasazi's hard work for creating these graphics and initially providing the service (all my Yamato Valks bear his work!). To this day I will not even buy a Yamato Valk if I didn't have his decals for them ready. Actually thats one of the reasons I'm holding off on the VF-0 with Ghost. So selfishly... - I am hoping that he would create the graphics for the new VF-0 with Ghost and that NS will eventually provide the services to print these graphics and continue to contribute to this fine community. It really would be a shame to have all this end due to a few loudmouths.

Its all a Karmic chain, no more decals, no more Yamato Valks for me, and eventually no more postings from me either.

Maybe the decal service should be a bit more selective to who it sells too, if NS deems you to be rude, then maybe bite the bullet, refund their few bucks, call it a loss and refuse to service them. Or check out how long they have been members here (membership should have its privileges ;-))

To this day I will not even buy a Yamato Valk if I didn't have his decals for them ready

I'm just about the same way... One of the first things I look for is if there is at least a decal sheet in the works... I really cannot imagine my Yamato valks without Anasazi's decals...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I for one have no issues with waiting for quality goods and if NS is in the midst of quality issues, then I'd rather wait than get crap.

The interweb is full of scammers and it's nice to find those willing to provide "custom" services in their spare time to benefit us all.

NS please keep helping the community. Updates on the issues will shut the most of us up and the ones who refuse to shut up, just report them and the bosses around here will take care of the rest.

Thanks again man, all your efforts are truly appreciated!

:)

Did Nightstalker ever get back to doing decals. I think it's a good thing if someone takes awhile for stuff like this. it means you're getting good stuff, not crap. And to those that complained, good apeface move!!! N.S., Anasazi, please let us know if either of you are still doing any of these. I need to buy a lot of decals, and could use some help. If not, could either one of you pm me about making my own? I'm getting a high end laser jet, and wouldn't mind making some of these for People, but I would need info on paper supplies to work with a laser jet, and the spray coats that work best and methods. :unsure:

I have a lead on another potential printer, thanks to some detective work done by MW member Aryse. I am going to try to get a hold of the guy this week to see if we can come to an agreement. I know his work, and it's good, so I have my hopes up that this will work out. One thing to note, right up front, is that he does printing in his spare time, like I did, so you must be patient when placing an order. I know that 99.999% of you here at MW understood this to be part of the process when I was printing sets and when Nightstalker was helping out (and I am very thankful for your patience and continued support and patronage), but I feel obligated to put this in print for the other 0.001% who have not ordered before and do not know how the system works. ALPS printing facilities do not grow on trees and I no longer have enough free time to fill orders, so we cannot afford to drive away another resource.

I will try to post an update later this week. If all goes well, I will start a new thread containing details on how to order, etc. Stay tuned....

Did Nightstalker ever get back to doing decals. I think it's a good thing if someone takes awhile for stuff like this. it means you're getting good stuff, not crap. And to those that complained, good apeface move!!! N.S., Anasazi, please let us know if either of you are still doing any of these. I need to buy a lot of decals, and could use some help. If not, could either one of you pm me about making my own? I'm getting a high end laser jet, and wouldn't mind making some of these for People, but I would need info on paper supplies to work with a laser jet, and the spray coats that work best and methods. :unsure:

Hey Anasazi, it's Aryse. Had to re-register after the server upgrade so I changed to my usual nickname and lost access to Aryse. Glad to hear some of the info helped and may lead to your great work coming back. I'm sure the fans will all be happy if this actually works out. I sure as hell know I will be. I hate working in AI and Corel so designing the vector graphics was making me sad. Good luck, and if it doesn't then I can keep digging up options.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we're ready to go. I am going to post something in the For Sale forum shortly, along with a related post in the Toys forum. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR ORDER IN A PM. IT WILL BE IGNORED. I have set up a new ordering system that will help me more efficiently keep track of everything, as I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to this. To place an order, you will have to send a message to the email account I have set up just for this purpose. How to place an order will be discussed in my For Sale forum thread. Look for that in about a half hour.

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to add my two cents.

I have ordered a ton of sets from Anasazi and the quality has always been excellent - And I have been patient whenever there is a delay.

We should allow extra time for situations that arise when R&D is being done on a custom product being offered to the masses here.

I can't imagine how I would finish a custom or even a regular valk without these decals.

Here's hoping the issues are resolved so we all can have the oppurtunity to order these awseome sets.

MWCON custom winner below with examples of Decals

DSC00245.jpg

49ceb189.jpg

That is one of the most beautiful Macross items i have ever seen. Thankyou for posting those pics.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 1 month later...

I also can't recommend these decals highly enough!

I've finished decalling my custom hikaru VF-1J. And it looks excellent.

If I don't completely wreck it in the panel lining phase, I'll post finished pics here. I'm going to be ordering some more transfers (including a spares sheet) when my next valk turns up.

Anyway, big kudos to Devin for providing this service again. I hope no more nasty impatient customers turn up. If so, they should probably try to get themselves an ALPS printer and see how long THAT takes. :-)

• 1 month later...

Since Devin has made it clear that the last run of decals were his final run, I just wanted to take the time and opportunity to thank him for all his work and contribution to the forum and for us collectors to be able to make our regular yammies look beautiful. Kudos and thanks man, w/out you i dont think i would have been able to make a my VF1D and VR look great. And i guarantee you, you'll see a lot more of other ones coming. You know what's coming since you took my order =). Thanks for the custom decals and adjustments you made to a few of them to fit my needs as well as accommodating my requests and squeezing my orders for the last moment. Thank you and I appreciate the hard work you've put in.

~Kicker773~

• 4 weeks later...
Since Devin has made it clear that the last run of decals were his final run, I just wanted to take the time and opportunity to thank him for all his work and contribution to the forum and for us collectors to be able to make our regular yammies look beautiful. Kudos and thanks man, w/out you i dont think i would have been able to make a my VF1D and VR look great. And i guarantee you, you'll see a lot more of other ones coming. You know what's coming since you took my order =). Thanks for the custom decals and adjustments you made to a few of them to fit my needs as well as accommodating my requests and squeezing my orders for the last moment. Thank you and I appreciate the hard work you've put in.

~Kicker773~

I 2nd that, now we just need someone with the skills to fill the void left behind by his exit. I need my fix, there is no telling what might happen when this junkie doesn't get his fix.

Oh boy!

It sucks.

I'm gonna received my yamato 1/48 VF-1S + super & strike parts and I can't find anymore supplier for quality decals

to use instead of the horrible stickers set.

Can anyone help me ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know Devin closed up shop awhile back now, but I just finally finished up my last bird with his stickers.

Someone once said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Well Devin, here's a thousand "Thank you's":

gallery_3595_265_83737.jpg

I don't think my custom Stealth or my M&M's would have looked as cool without your stickers. And the custom leg art for the GBP is a personal little favorite of mine; it's an awesome, almost hidden detail that gives my GBP a little extra style and "oomph."

With your free time becoming shorter and the printing suppliers becoming more scarce, I can understand why you stepped away from this business.

But thanks again for making these stickers and decals available to us Macross fanatics for all these years!!

Edited by Mog

VERY cool. Makes me wish that I had the time to get back into customization and decal production. :(

Thanks for posting the pic--it made my day.

I know Devin closed up shop awhile back now, but I just finally finished up my last bird with his stickers.

Someone once said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Well Devin, here's a thousand "Thank you's":

I don't think my custom Stealth or my M&M's would have looked as cool without your stickers. And the custom leg art for the GBP is a personal little favorite of mine; it's an awesome, almost hidden detail that gives my GBP a little extra style and "oomph."

With your free time becoming shorter and the printing suppliers becoming more scarce, I can understand why you stepped away from this business.

But thanks again for making these stickers and decals available to us Macross fanatics for all these years!!

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I've just begun collecting (got my first Yamato in last week, 1/48 Stealth VF-1J) and the decals are horrific.

Are there any more people out there making custom decals any longer? I've tried Takatoys (1/60 only), read about the great guys who toiled long enough and got out of the business, and investigated printers (wow $ :o $).

Just hoping to help make my Stealth look as good as it deserves... If I can find anything, I will let the crowd know.

Thanks,

Matt