25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Any Storm Shadow is decently rare, but especially his "hooded with grey camo spots" look. As is Snake Eyes packed with his wolf.

Here in NC, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes peg warmed for weeks on end back when they first came out. Now competition for virtually anything has become so fierce that it's just taking the fun out of it.

Some of the variants which I know about:

Snake Eyes with the black wolf is substantially harder to find than the gray wolf. The black wolf version is averaging $100 on eBay nowadays.

Some of the single carded Gung-Ho figures from wave 4 are straight repacks from the 5-pack set. As such, they have an anchor (Navy) on the hat. Since Gung-Ho is a Marine, fans did not like this at all. Hasbro corrected this by simply removing the anchor from the mold. These are also making it over the $100 mark now.

The Holy Grail of variants thus far has to be yellow Stalker. This was apparently an early-run factory paint error in which his uniform's green camouflage was substituted with a bright yellow. This was quickly corrected, and thus "banana Stalker" is considered an error and not a variant. These are routinely breaking a whopping $300 on eBay, and there's little sign of the price increase slowing down. Even loose ones are going for over $75.

Here in NC, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes peg warmed for weeks on end back when they first came out. Now competition for virtually anything has become so fierce that it's just taking the fun out of it.

Some of the variants which I know about:

Snake Eyes with the black wolf is substantially harder to find than the gray wolf. The black wolf version is averaging $100 on eBay nowadays.

Some of the single carded Gung-Ho figures from wave 4 are straight repacks from the 5-pack set. As such, they have an anchor (Navy) on the hat. Since Gung-Ho is a Marine, fans did not like this at all. Hasbro corrected this by simply removing the anchor from the mold. These are also making it over the $100 mark now.

The Holy Grail of variants thus far has to be yellow Stalker. This was apparently an early-run factory paint error in which his uniform's green camouflage was substituted with a bright yellow. This was quickly corrected, and thus "banana Stalker" is considered an error and not a variant. These are routinely breaking a whopping $300 on eBay, and there's little sign of the price increase slowing down. Even loose ones are going for over $75.

You forgot the Shipwreck variant of Shark vs Anchor tattoo. I never heard of the Gung-Ho variant. Too bad I didn't really get any of the single card figures from the 5 pack.

You forgot the Shipwreck variant of Shark vs Anchor tattoo. I never heard of the Gung-Ho variant. Too bad I didn't really get any of the single card figures from the 5 pack.

Actually, I did think about it but took it off of the list. Either version doesn't currently seem to be significantly worth more than the other.

I finally decided to get the Viper. It's the only wave seven figure I've ever seen. Not seen wave eight, yet. He's a lot better than everyone makes him out to be. Most natural looking double handed gun grip of any figure this size I've ever seen, his goggles stay on better than some helmets I could mention (Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer....) and he's got the same ankle articulation as the other 25th Joes. The only problem I've had with mine, is that the upper joint in his right knee was glued together. It was pretty easy to pop it apart.

his goggles stay on better than some helmets I could mention (Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer....)

Consider yourself lucky, because you are the only person with a Viper like that.

and he's got the same ankle articulation as the other 25th Joes.

He does but the ankle articulation is hindered to the point that it can barely bend, just swivel.

I know I am in the minority on this one, but my favorite Storm Shadow in this line is actually the hooded wave 3 comic pack one. Looks so bad ass with the cloak, and bandolier/scabbards on.

If you think Firefly is cool figure grab Beach Head. Some basic mold but BH comes out looking better.

Beachhead is awesome, the most pissed off menacing looking joe yet.

I hear the new Firefly from the wave 4 comic packs is the best version of Firefly. Darker paint deco, and great accessories, and new gun.

think Shin already mentioned a Conquest and og colored Sharc re-issues

The new SHARC will also have handle bars for figures to grab onto, I forgot where, but I think its on the sides or bottom.

Definitely buying the Conquest, I've always liked the v1 scheme. It screams "high viz 80's". I'd love to see a Python Patrol repaint, that was the sexiest Conquest.

The new SHARC will also have handle bars for figures to grab onto, I forgot where, but I think its on the sides or bottom.

Definitely buying the Conquest, I've always liked the v1 scheme. It screams "high viz 80's". I'd love to see a Python Patrol repaint, that was the sexiest Conquest.

C'mon Hasbro, give us the Skystriker, Rattler and Moray Hydrofoil already. My Ace/Wild Weasel 2 pack figures need something to pilot

I need a Rattler and Moray far more than even a Skystriker. (I never liked the Joe planes much, despite having several---Rattler and Night Raven are just 10x cooler---and the Moray is THE best "aquatic" Joe toy period)

That's really sad if he only bought them to either scalp or make people jealous. What a f***ing loser. I never liked that guy anyway, always struck me as strange. The only GI Joe I have right now is Firefly, he's the only one I wanted. Cool little figure though, just not all that into joes (although I might buy the vehicles). Anyhow, I have a point to this post: To be the opposite of Agent GHQ, I go to Target, walmart (2 of them) and Shopko pretty much weekly. GI Joe's I've noticed don't sell to well in my area, so if anyone's looking for any I can keep my eye out. I'd only charge for exact shipping and only ask for payment after I find the figs. Can someone post a list of harder to find ones, so I can see if I can find some?

Okay my friend is going to give me a list of what I can order through him, sometime before monday... at that point I'll compile a list of everything I need, and post it here.

I signed up on hisstank guys... my username is Imperial_Serpentor

havn't posted yet, but I'll see you all there.

Grey Ryder, did you paint the silver on the goggles, or is it just mine that has ALL black goggles?

PS---found a Mass Device crystal CC today. SLIGHTLY darker blue than "normal" masked CC. Same paint scheme otherwise, besides helmet stripe. Also found V1 Snakeyes, with a Wave 7 "build date" stamp.

The last one shows off the range of motion, in his ankles.

Which is lacking compared to other figures. It can barely bend backwards. Don't get me wrong, I like the figure, and was looking forward to it, but it could have been a lot better.

PS---found a Mass Device crystal CC today. SLIGHTLY darker blue than "normal" masked CC. Same paint scheme otherwise, besides helmet stripe.

Noticed that too, all the stripes on the ones I have seen are painted sloppily.

I signed up on hisstank guys... my username is Imperial_Serpentor

havn't posted yet, but I'll see you all there.

Welcome aboard!

New news:

-*25th AVAC is set to debut on the cover of an upcoming magazine*

-New target listings:

087-06-0441 joe vehicle 14.99

087-06-0904 joe battlepack 19.99

087-06-1092 rhino vehicle w/fig 24.99

087-06-2047 joe large vehicle 24.99

087-06-2067 joe ultimate battlepack 59.99

-Croc Master and Mutt/Junkyard are on the back of the wave 9 cards.

-IDW has the comic license, and its hinted that Hama is going to be working on some of them. They also have the rights to do reprints of the old Marvel issues, and are trying to reprint the hard to find Marvel era stuff from the 80's.

*DDP COMIC SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!(don't know how to use spoiler tags sorry)*

Storm Shadow may have killed Incision(Night Creeper Leader), you don't really see the guy get back up so...maybe he is dead. GIJOE will win WWIII, I'm sure most of you saw this coming, but Phil Kost at Joereloaded confirmed this. I think Billy is actually staying dead too. Last DDP issue is next month, and concludes the WWIII storyline.

Question: My only CC is the "pale blue" one from the TRU 3-pack with the basic trooper and officer. (It's the best-looking helmeted CC IMHO). However, the helmet is notably miss-shapen----very asymmetrical--the left side "poofs out". Any way to fix it? Will heating it up and re-shaping work? ("normal" bending has no effect). I doubt there's any way to get just a replacement helmet, and all other CC's have a darker blue.

(the stripe's painted off-kilter too, but EVERY striped CC helmet I've ever seen has that problem)

My CC's helmet is a little lopsided, too. I've got the comic two-pack version. I was more bothered by the fact that it falls off his head if you breath on him.

Which is lacking compared to other figures. It can barely bend backwards. Don't get me wrong, I like the figure, and was looking forward to it, but it could have been a lot better.

His ankle bends back as far as any other figure's, and that picture shows it. The foot can be almost completely straightened out. The foreward range of motion falls into the "average" range, but you have to get it slid under the bottom lip of the lower leg to get all of that. That's probably the biggest problem with him.

His ankle bends back as far as any other figure's, and that picture shows it.

Yes but its still hindered. I don't even know how you managed to keep the goggles on yours on, sure it can be glued, but it really shouldn't have to be.

any way to fix it? Will heating it up and re-shaping work?

Thats the best bet. The helmet is too thin in my eyes, and thats what I think leads to warpage.

After I received Destro and hooded Cobra Commander for my birthday, I went to Target looking for more figs, and while the GI Joe selections were scarce, there was a treasure trove of new Forces of Valor 1/18 WWII stuff there... I nabbed an awesome Sherman and some US infantry to go with it... figure at some point I'll rip off all the rubbery details and rebuild the Sherman like a big model kit. Not really GIJoe stuff, but neat stuff out there in scale for real cheap (20 bucs for the tank and like 4 bucks a figure).

just found that there are two stores in WEM with a large selection of RAH and 25th anniversary figures available. I'm going to list what I bought today, but I might be able to help people get ahold of stuff (there was way more then this in stock and I will be going back).

(I used yojoe.com to identify the versions)

-Hawk and Scarlett Comic pack

-Beachhead v10

-Roadblock v16

-Duke v23

-Gung-ho v18

-Crimson Guard v9

-Cobra Commander v25 (for some reason mine seems purple instead of light blue)

-Shipwreck v11

-Ssgt. Rock 'n Roll

-Cobra Commander v24

-Cobra Air Trooper (bought two of these)

-Scarlett v8

-Serpentor v4

-Duke v26

-Spirit Iron-Knife v3

-Cobra Viper v16

-Buzzer v4

-Cobra Officer v4

These last two I'm not so sure about they might be Canadian versions.. and I'm having trouble identifying them using Yojoe.com and hisstank won't load for me right now.

but Tiger Force Leader Flint

and

Arctic Trooper Snake-eyes

anyway most of these there are still other copies off so if you're looking for something specific give me shout and I'll see if i can help (there are more out there including some RAH vehicles and what-not).

just found that there are two stores in WEM with a large selection of RAH and 25th anniversary figures available. I'm going to list what I bought today, but I might be able to help people get ahold of stuff (there was way more then this in stock and I will be going back).

(I used yojoe.com to identify the versions)

-Hawk and Scarlett Comic pack

-Beachhead v10

-Roadblock v16

-Duke v23

-Gung-ho v18

-Crimson Guard v9

-Cobra Commander v25 (for some reason mine seems purple instead of light blue)

-Shipwreck v11

-Ssgt. Rock 'n Roll

-Cobra Commander v24

-Cobra Air Trooper (bought two of these)

-Scarlett v8

-Serpentor v4

-Duke v26

-Spirit Iron-Knife v3

-Cobra Viper v16

-Buzzer v4

-Cobra Officer v4

These last two I'm not so sure about they might be Canadian versions.. and I'm having trouble identifying them using Yojoe.com and hisstank won't load for me right now.

but Tiger Force Leader Flint

and

Arctic Trooper Snake-eyes

anyway most of these there are still other copies off so if you're looking for something specific give me shout and I'll see if i can help (there are more out there including some RAH vehicles and what-not).

The Canadian versions will have the generic either GIJOE or COBRA cards with 3 joes or 3 cobra on the front. Sadly, I've never seen wave 1 stuff in Canada, I wish I could get myself some of those. How were the prices in WEM? I might come to Edmonton and have a look.

The Canadian versions will have the generic either GIJOE or COBRA cards with 3 joes or 3 cobra on the front. Sadly, I've never seen wave 1 stuff in Canada, I wish I could get myself some of those. How were the prices in WEM? I might come to Edmonton and have a look.

okay yeah then the last two I listed were canadian versions and the rest were not... damn... I wasn't paying enough attention.

And the prices were between 6 bucks and 25 bucks depending on the figure so some of them are on the pricier range but you gotta expect that seeing as how they're importing them under the table.

And sorry I didn't see a Snake-eyes with timber, else I would have picked it up.

If you come down let me know, and we can check it out together.

And if you want, I'm willing to ship stuff out for you.

Hey can somebody get me a picture of each 25th aniverssary wave? I've having trouble following and figuring out which figure was released when since Canada got all screwed up with the blank cards and now the generic cards and random waves. Yojoe only lists the toys but I'd like a picture of each wave if possible. I need a picture checklist to see what I want and what I don't. So many versions of some guys have me confused.

Edited by ComicKaze

okay yeah then the last two I listed were canadian versions and the rest were not... damn... I wasn't paying enough attention.

And the prices were between 6 bucks and 25 bucks depending on the figure so some of them are on the pricier range but you gotta expect that seeing as how they're importing them under the table.

And sorry I didn't see a Snake-eyes with timber, else I would have picked it up.

If you come down let me know, and we can check it out together.

And if you want, I'm willing to ship stuff out for you.

Wow, which one was $25? I think Canada will start to get regular shipments of them now bu they will all be on the generic cards. I saw one rack with some at Wal-Mart but they were all Baroness and Flint. Luckily I know people stash toys so I looked directly below and behind some toy truck boxes and found a Hiss Driver that someone had hidden away!!! Whoever hid that will be mighty sad that it's now mine.

I don't get this mentality. Why do people hide toys? I'm still very pissed off at these being the generic cards as the carded figures are like nostalgic art to me and I think would look amazing framed up.

Hey can somebody get me a picture of each 25th aniverssary wave? I've having trouble following and figuring out which figure was released when since Canada got all screwed up with the blank cards and now the generic cards and random waves. Yojoe only lists the toys but I'd like a picture of each wave if possible.

Joe Battle Lines has reviews of each wave. No group pictures, but it gives you a breakdown of who's in each wave.

Hey can somebody get me a picture of each 25th aniverssary wave? I've having trouble following and figuring out which figure was released when since Canada got all screwed up with the blank cards and now the generic cards and random waves. Yojoe only lists the toys but I'd like a picture of each wave if possible. I need a picture checklist to see what I want and what I don't. So many versions of some guys have me confused.

Yojoe.com does have pictures of the figures carded, you have to click on the figure then click on carded though so it's a bit of a pain. http://www.yojoe.com/action/all/ do a search for 25th to get to the starting point.

Wow, which one was $25? I think Canada will start to get regular shipments of them now bu they will all be on the generic cards. I saw one rack with some at Wal-Mart but they were all Baroness and Flint. Luckily I know people stash toys so I looked directly below and behind some toy truck boxes and found a Hiss Driver that someone had hidden away!!! Whoever hid that will be mighty sad that it's now mine.

uh... not sure exactly the figures averaged out to about 20 dollars each since it cost me 400 for all of them... I guess I should really feel guilty for spending that much money on GI Joes but I've been saving up a lot of cash and going through a really stressful time so I think I deserved a big treat, like a wii or ps3 or something... and decided on GI Joes instead... next time I go for a big treat it'll be electronic.

Oh and the ones on the cheaper end mostly came from Comic King who seemed to not be able to sell them and most of theirs recieved multiple mark downs I also cleared out their entire stock aside from the comic packs I already had. (not sure if I want to get doubles of those... I might pick them up just to earn myself a second mail-order doc).

Edit: and once again my friend who runs another hobby store is going to get me all the new stuff in doubles as it comes out, and probably some of the old stuff... if anyone wants a complete boxed wave.. I might be able to swing that.

anyway... I'm really trying to keep one carded and one to open for all the named figures then buy more of the army builders so I guess since I'm going to open them I don't need to get upset about the two Canadian figures slipping in there.

Edited by lord_breetai

... uh... not sure exactly the figures averaged out to about 20 dollars each since it cost me 400 for all of them... I guess I should really feel guilty for spending that much money on GI Joes but I've been saving up a lot of cash and going through a really stressful time so I think I deserved a big treat, like a wii or ps3 or something... and decided on GI Joes instead... next time I go for a big treat it'll be electronic.

Wow, that's a lot of scratch to drop at one time for Joes mate. :o

But I know what you mean, sometimes you just deserve to treat yourself when times are stressful. I'm like that, only typically with ordering online. :)

Share a pic of the haul mate.

Wow, that's a lot of scratch to drop at one time for Joes mate. :o

But I know what you mean, sometimes you just deserve to treat yourself when times are stressful. I'm like that, only typically with ordering online. :)

Share a pic of the haul mate.

It's a shame the prices that we have to pay for them because comic shops are the only place for carded US figures here in Canada and they jack them up.