25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I read this from a Hisstank member who also works at Target:

Just wanted to give you all a heads up from your friendly target employee. I checked through the inventory of most of the stores and i would say a vast majority still have there cases waiting to go out on the 13th. There are only just over 3,000 eaches left in the warehouses which have been getting sent out to the stores that have already sold through theres( my store being one). Keep giving that dpci number to the friendliest target employee you can find to see if they will get them for you. I have bought 14 hisses and 2 each of the others so far but most of the stores in my same district haven't even put theres out yet. Keep pressuring them. There seems to be enough to go around so don't give up.

I actually think I like the blue HISS more than black. Will the black one come with a figure? I know a "real" HISS driver is a separate carded figure--wave 8? (I'm disappointed the blue HISS driver has no display stand, and no weapons)

Will the black one come with a figure? I know a "real" HISS driver is a separate carded figure--wave 8? (I'm disappointed the blue HISS driver has no display stand, and no weapons)

Yes, the black one will come with Rip-It. He is one of the HISS tank commanders and was first released in 2000. He was also killed off recently in the comic book. Its dissapointing that the HISS driver from Target lacks accessories, so does Grand Slam. Crankcase has a knife surprisingly.

Crankcase has a gun in his holster also, too bad it doesn't come out ;(. I just bought all three vehicles at our target. The DCPI number works. They acted like the ones I bought were the only ones they had in the back. When my buddy went back to get his after I called him they mysteriously had enough for him as well. Just so you all know, every single one of my boxes' plastic was badly dinged. It doesn't matter to me since I am getting them for my son to play with in a few years. For most collectors finding good quality boxes will be hard it seems.

Edited by Toboro

I actually think I like the blue HISS more than black. Will the black one come with a figure? I know a "real" HISS driver is a separate carded figure--wave 8? (I'm disappointed the blue HISS driver has no display stand, and no weapons)

The blue definitely stands out more than the big, solid hunk of black of the original scheme. But the blue also makes it look a bit more 'plastic-y' than the black and I'm mainly in for the nostalgia kick, so the original black is the one I'd have to get. That said, my ultimate goal would be to get two of the black ones and one of the blue ones as a sort of 'command' version. I'm thinking of painting them up a bit to both provide some definition to the black ones and make the blue one look a little less phoney.

Speaking of repainting, Grandslam looks like just a complete repaint of Flash, head-to-toe (no head from someone else), right? If so, I might just look for another Mr. "I-pick-my-own-rank" Gambello instead trying to find the Specter and then throw on the JUMP from the upcoming Duke. If I do find a Specter, would anyone here want a pilot-less, all-black SHARC for free? I had a SHARC with Deep "I need an oil can...joints frozen" Six as a kid but it never really enthralled me and having it in a non-original scheme makes it all the less appealing.

Saw a Grunt the other day in person and the pictures actually somehow make him look better than he is. Who had a vendetta against Cpl.Graves at Hasbro? Grunt was the original G.I.Joe poster boy and had that dignified, ruggedly handsome, if generic military recruitment poster look for his card and associated art. Granted, his original toy head WAS the one that looked like an ugly, balding guy who just had a stroke, so maybe this is more a direct toy homage over how he appeared in other media (but given that the other two generic Joe heads were the bored, beared one and the sad stoner one, there wasn't much choice back then). At least the new Grunt doesn't look like he's had a stroke... just a mentally challenged hillbilly with a touch of Asian features with what's supposed to be some face fuzz but instead he looks like he's been eating too much barbeque. I think I'd rather brunette-up my comic pack Duke's head and repaint my other comic pack Hawk's body to make Grunt then consider picking up this pack. The one unique, if a generic repaint, figure in the three pack deserves a bit more respect than he got.

Saw a Grunt the other day in person and the pictures actually somehow make him look better than he is. Who had a vendetta against Cpl.Graves at Hasbro? Grunt was the original G.I.Joe poster boy and had that dignified, ruggedly handsome, if generic military recruitment poster look for his card and associated art. Granted, his original toy head WAS the one that looked like an ugly, balding guy who just had a stroke, so maybe this is more a direct toy homage over how he appeared in other media (but given that the other two generic Joe heads were the bored, beared one and the sad stoner one, there wasn't much choice back then). At least the new Grunt doesn't look like he's had a stroke... just a mentally challenged hillbilly with a touch of Asian features with what's supposed to be some face fuzz but instead he looks like he's been eating too much barbeque. I think I'd rather brunette-up my comic pack Duke's head and repaint my other comic pack Hawk's body to make Grunt then consider picking up this pack. The one unique, if a generic repaint, figure in the three pack deserves a bit more respect than he got.

Everyone is wondering why Grunt got the shaft in that pack, especially since he is a fan favorite. The paint apps on his face don't look right. I like how Hawk turned out, he has a "Patton-esque" vibe. Its a good stand in til the official General version comes out in wave 9. When all is said and done, I think the comic pack v1 will still be my favorite.

Speaking of repainting, Grandslam looks like just a complete repaint of Flash, head-to-toe (no head from someone else), right?

Pretty much, though I think Grandslam's hair is facing the opposite direction of Flash's.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Comic packs Wave 4

Single packs wave 8

I heard Bludd's right elbow cannot move. SUCK.(Neither could the original's butt still).

He-Man Storm Shadow. Are you kidding me. Freaking He-Man Storm Shadow. I could understand the omission of accurate gloves for the forearms, but NO PAINTED WHITE SHIRT?!.

This is what he is based on.

That along with Shipwreck over Cutter screams "WE ARE MILKING THE DAMN MOLDS HELL YEA, LOOK FOR CUTTER AND A MORE ACCURATE MIKE ZECK DDP STORM SHADOW IN A SINGLE CARD PACK LATER ON BECAUSE WE DECIDED TO HOLD BACK AND LET YOU GUYS BUY THIS!"

Yeah we don't have to buy these, but I'd rather see something done right the first time around. Very dissapointed here. Oh and yeah I could paint the shirt myself but I shouldn't have to. That Firefly looks bad ass, Storm Shadow's weapons are AWESOME, and Duke's bandolier is neat too. Oh and Red Star still has the unfixed Duke elbows!

Alright come to think of it, Storm Shadow is a mismatch of parts. First off, we have accurate v2 lower legs. Good, this means in the future we might have an accurate v2. Then, we have a backpack clearly inspired by the v2, but holds 2 swords rather than 1. Then we have the claw, we all know which version had that. The head is a v1 repaint, yet it makes no sense and looks ridiculous to have a shirtless torso then the mask...luchidore ninja? The swords are the DDP/Mike Zeck swords, and the torso gear is definitely from his design too. So we have accurate gear and swords for a Mike Zeck Storm Shadow, an accurate one, hopefully in the future. Those swords are accurate to the ones he uses now, and in his solo book, (they have cobra symbols at the ends, and he still retains these as a reminder of his past). The torso is Gung-ho's, along with the arms(which sucks, they are slightly hindered, and goodness I hate how the weapons are packaged in hand, which will lead to possibly difficulty anything else with a smaller handle). The thighs are from the Cobra trooper/officer.

So for a faithful Mike Zeck Storm Shadow, we would need completely new lower legs, knees, forearms, and elbows(knees and elbows have cobra symbol pads). The head would need two parallel seam lines, rather than one down the middle. The shirt would need to be painted on. The thigh pieces from the comic pack could be used, same with the head, not completely accurate, but close enough. Also, instead of the backpack, he would need a dual crossed-sword scabbard.

So as it stands, the wave 4 comic pack Storm Shadow is a design unsure of what its supposed to be. Its going in so many different directions. Its an almalgam of 2 different Storm Shadow designs, yet still missing pieces to make a complete homage. I like the Mike Zeck design a LOT, so this is why this figure is such a big deal to me.

The backpack, the lower legs, along with a pouch belt, new big sleeved lower arms, and a crossbow, could net us an accurate v2. I think this is possible in the future, why else would they give the new comic pack one the v2 legs?

To be honest, the new figure confuses me.

Nice to see the new upcoming waves.

But dammit, I still haven't seen Wave 5 anywhere in my neck of the woods!

It's getting to be downright annoying. I'd be more excited about the new waves, but it's just frustrating when I can't seem to find the older ones (Wave 5 and 6) anywhere these past few weeks/months.

In the interim, I caved in and purchased the Ace/Wild Weasel comic pack. Definitely dig WW. But really wasn't feeling "Astro" Ace's look. So, I gave him a repaint and helmet swap for a slightly more traditional pilot jock look :D :

post-3595-1207904982_thumb.jpg

Whaddya think?

So what's the deal on the vehicles? Are future releases going to simply be reissues, or are they going to redesign them? My cousin picked up the set of 3 for me at a local Target in Milpitas, Ca, but I was somewhat underwhelmed that they were just reissues. I can see now why they're only going for $10 each.

So what's the deal on the vehicles? Are future releases going to simply be reissues, or are they going to redesign them? My cousin picked up the set of 3 for me at a local Target in Milpitas, Ca, but I was somewhat underwhelmed that they were just reissues. I can see now why they're only going for $10 each.

New vehicles won't be out til the movie, most likely. However the trouble bubble that is coming in summer, has some redesigned features that make it distinctly different from the original.

In the interim, I caved in and purchased the Ace/Wild Weasel comic pack. Definitely dig WW. But really wasn't feeling "Astro" Ace's look. So, I gave him a repaint and helmet swap for a slightly more traditional pilot jock look biggrin.gif :

I use the VVV Ace helmet, it looks great on him.

But dammit, I still haven't seen Wave 5 anywhere in my neck of the woods!

It's getting to be downright annoying. I'd be more excited about the new waves, but it's just frustrating when I can't seem to find the older ones (Wave 5 and 6) anywhere these past few weeks/months.

I know how you feel, I would recommend looking for them at Target, thats the only store I saw multiples of waves 5 and 6 at(with walmart, its usually just 1 or 2 cases at a time). They didn't last long at Target from what I saw, but they lasted longer than at walmart.

Picked up the target vehicles yesterday. They must have just put them out as the display was full. Mostly wanted the Hiss but decided to grab the others given they hardly cost more than a figure by itself. If I end up not liking them I guess I can always sell off the vehicles.

The boxes/windows of the ones at my Target looked to be in pretty good shape overall, so I guess there is hope for the box concerned collectors.

Thanks for pointing out that they're up front by the registers. They were up by the second row back of registers in a rather obscure location. If I hadn't known to look by the registers I never would have found them.

I know how you feel, I would recommend looking for them at Target, thats the only store I saw multiples of waves 5 and 6 at(with walmart, its usually just 1 or 2 cases at a time). They didn't last long at Target from what I saw, but they lasted longer than at walmart.

Yeah, I've checked most of the local Targets. And other than finding what I believe were the leftovers of a Wave 6 once, all I've ever see at most Targets are freakin' Buzzers and the Wave 1 comic packs.

I'd like to get IG Destro, Torpedo, and Flash. But Flash is definitely the key one for me in those waves (Flash, Stalk', and Rock were the first Joes I ever had. Massive sentimental reasons for me).

Totally agree. Whenever I think of Grunt, I think of the consummate professional soldier: clean-cut, takes his job seriously, and doesn't have any hint of sloppiness in his uniform or his look. Grunt's "update" just makes him look lazy and sloppy.

C'mon now Hasbro, just take General Hawk. Swap in a new head and the regular helmet (without the visor). Plop an M-16 in his hand. Give him a small backpack. And viola, you've got yourself a Grunt.

Anyone else getting bowlegged figures from the comic packs? Out of the three that we've opened, Duke and Wild Weasel both have a leg deformity due to the plastic that they were in. Even though Beachhead was in a single pack, it looks like he's got one messed up leg too.

I'm getting bowlegged hands. I hate how these things are packaged man, these and the battle packs. With the weapons wrapped tightly into the hands, the hands lose their grip in transit, and the wrist pegs tend to warp/bend at different angles, which can lead to breakage(already happened once to me, luckily I was able to fix it).

Great for display sure, but potential breakages on account of looking good in package isn't worth it to me. Neutral stance is better!

Well, given the displays weren't up at all last week at my local Targets, I decided I'd split my list of 'what I can get at Target' up in four and make an early morning run to a few stores today in hopes of snagging something before the scalpers came through. I decided to sleep in an hour this morning and am not sure if I should be kicking myself for it.

Of four local Targets, three had the display out and all the Joe stuff was already cleaned out except for Night Specters in two. The fourth didn't have any display out at all (didn't ask as I didn't want to waste time... it's the one closest to me, so I might stop in after work this week to see). Damn scalpers/greedy employees. :angry:

Maybe it's because it's the only one I found or maybe because I didn't realize it had the Rattler's shark mouth on it, but the Night Specter has grown on me a bit. Still, I was never really fond of the Sharc and I REALLY don't have the room for extra vehicles (except the jeeps, HISSs and RAM as I can use to place figures on), so I may still be offering it up free sans Grandslam (we need more head molds for the original 13). I'm assuming the rest of the shark mouth is included on a sticker sheet... why didn't they bother to at least put it on completely? I can see only putting detail stickers on the outside facing side and not bothering with any little stickers (don't remember if the Sharc had 'No Step' stickers or not), but not putting on the other eye or the rest of the smile is inviting lopsided-ness.

I'd offer to help track down desperately wanted figures for people, but it's still Buzzer city at all my nearby Targets (if any). It was almost depressing seeing the same situation at four different stores today... the leftovers of scalping vultures....

Anyone else getting bowlegged figures from the comic packs? Out of the three that we've opened, Duke and Wild Weasel both have a leg deformity due to the plastic that they were in. Even though Beachhead was in a single pack, it looks like he's got one messed up leg too.

So far, I've lucked out and my only bowlegged comic pack figure is Scarlett. No jokes about her, please... Scarlett's a fine, upstanding Southern lady! :p But, yes, I do have slight warping on a few, particularly the warped hands like Shin where holding on to the guy without the rubber band becomes difficult (and in the many cases, the rubber banded gun isn't sitting correctly... I'd consider leaving them if they were). Very disappointing downside to the forced positioning in the plastic trays. I totally agree that they should put them in more relaxed, if not neutral poses. Dynamic poses in packaging might sell a few more figures to kids or parents and certainly make the MIMB collectors have something better to look at, but the results of the forced positioning can almost wreck the figures as both a toy for kids (yes, toys still are bought to be played with!) and for those of us who like to display (and sometimes play) with the figures loose.....

The warped hands and prepackaged poses with weapons in hand has been a problem since the line started, and has yet to be fixed, unfortunately. Had this not happened, I am almost sure the problem with loose grips on weapons would have been decreased. Even the TRU 5 packs have the same problem, some of the Red Ninjas and Snake Eyes sets I saw had bent wrist pegs, and some joints that looked broken. I had to sift through 6 to find one with the least warped wrist peg on Snake Eyes. If you see an exposed wrist peg on an anniversary joe figure, its a gamble. Sometimes they are broken already or with a mere twist(breakage waiting to happen), other times they are not broken but definitely warped. Next year we will have an onslaught of movie figures, and I can only hope that the prepackaged poses/weapons in hand will stop.

Well, given the displays weren't up at all last week at my local Targets, I decided I'd split my list of 'what I can get at Target' up in four and make an early morning run to a few stores today in hopes of snagging something before the scalpers came through. I decided to sleep in an hour this morning and am not sure if I should be kicking myself for it.

Of four local Targets, three had the display out and all the Joe stuff was already cleaned out except for Night Specters in two. The fourth didn't have any display out at all (didn't ask as I didn't want to waste time... it's the one closest to me, so I might stop in after work this week to see). Damn scalpers/greedy employees. mad.gif

Maybe it's because it's the only one I found or maybe because I didn't realize it had the Rattler's shark mouth on it, but the Night Specter has grown on me a bit. Still, I was never really fond of the Sharc and I REALLY don't have the room for extra vehicles (except the jeeps, HISSs and RAM as I can use to place figures on), so I may still be offering it up free sans Grandslam (we need more head molds for the original 13). I'm assuming the rest of the shark mouth is included on a sticker sheet... why didn't they bother to at least put it on completely? I can see only putting detail stickers on the outside facing side and not bothering with any little stickers (don't remember if the Sharc had 'No Step' stickers or not), but not putting on the other eye or the rest of the smile is inviting lopsided-ness.

I'd offer to help track down desperately wanted figures for people, but it's still Buzzer city at all my nearby Targets (if any). It was almost depressing seeing the same situation at four different stores today... the leftovers of scalping vultures....

According to a hisstank member who also works at target, the distribution centers are either low or out of the single card figures, and are waiting on wave 7. Don't quote me on it though, I can't recall the exact thing he said. but the gist of it was that wave 7 is definitely on its way to Target. Also, the exclusives are supposed to be readily available, with a lot to go around. I hope this is the case, but with anything in this line, I am skeptical. The line is scalped to hell. I wonder what the bigger problem is, retailers having low faith and not ordering enough, or scalpers buying whatever they can find and reselling them?

*Also, hiding figures keeps shelves from being replenished, something I think scalpers have done intentionally*

Went to Target at 8 am to get the exclusive vehicles. None to be found on display. I went to customer service with the DCPI # and there was another guy who also wanted to buy the toys. After about 20 mins of employees saying "we can't put stuff out if there is GI Joe toy stock already on the shelf" BS, we convinced them to bring out some stock. The manager came with them and said there was a 2 item limit per person .. WTF?? We said there are 3 different vehicles and he still said "no, only 2 per person" ... so I only got the AWE striker & a HISS. I didn't want to stay and argue since I had other plans today.

Frakking Target ....

:angry: :angry: :angry:

all of the Target exclusive vehicles were fully stocked locally; the odd thing, is they weren't in the toy section, it was near the cashiers along with the new Star Wars Order 66 two packs on end cap display racks.

I noticed that in 2 Targets I have been to. I scooped up 2x of each.

The target by my house finally had all 3 of the exclusives out Sunday Morning. They had them in the action figure section. They also restocked the carded figures. They had IG destro, snow job, CG, torpedo, armored CC and rock & roll. The Walmart by my house had the same figures out Saturday as well. Wally world also had scarlet, Cobra air trooper and beachhead. I was shocked to see all these figs in these 2 stores within a day of each other. Both of them usually are poorly stocked for gi joes. I still can't find Flash though.

Praise be laziness and/or store managers that misunderstand dates on orders! On a lark and going with my assumption yesterday that the one Target near me that didn't have anything out yesterday was running behind on end cap changes, I stopped by that Target after work today and, lo and behold! a near mint display... must've been put out less than an hour or so previously as the Target was packed but nothing had been shifted about (including SW and TF parts) and the Joe vehicles were all balanced in numbers. Very nice timing.

Have to tell you, even though I wasn't desperate to pick these up, it does feel really nice seeing them ring up at @$10.70 after taxes rather than the $15-25 scalpers are asking pre-shipping. :D Any Minn/St.Paul folk who might be looking, it was the Super Target on University and Hamline. And anyone outside the Twin Cities who's looking for them, if you PM me by @3pm tomorrow, I'll take a look after work again. I don't know how long they'll survive, but it'll add maybe 5-10 minutes to my drive time home to swing by there.

I sort of wish they didn't sticker up half the vehicle. Yesterday it was balancing the shark face on the Specter. Today it's from wishing I could trim the stickers. The giant stickers were nice as a kid, but the large numbers and cobra symbols on the Hiss are just glaring to an adult who really shouldn't be critiquing toys in such a manner. I suppose I could find repro labels for the HISS and just redo it all. Might consider it for the black one...

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Stopped into Target this morning on the way to work .. and saw 2x of each of the exclusive vehicles by the checkout lanes. Picked up the Night spector and left. I could have bought more, but left 'em for other collectors.

^_^

Still can't believe the BS the store manager fed me yesterday - what an a$$clown.

As an old GI Joe RAH fan who is considering collecting these again, the new sculpts looks great! Is there a list of the 25th Anniversary figures so we can compare and checkoff?

Any sites that carry the line and is selling it in near complete sets? Opened but complete is fine for me since I want to display it, not invest in it.

Checked Target and Wal-Mart quick at lunch--found several IG Destro (snagged one, and his elbow joints are fine, thankfully), lots of Cobra Lackeys, a few CG's, a ton of Snow Jobs, a Duke, and a V1 Storm Shadow. (Got Storm Shadow, left the rest) (still waiting for a "fixed" Duke--but the upcoming one with the flag has the wrong coloring IMHO). Target also had another HISS in.

Random annoyance: The new Roadblock with vest has the "cartoon" sticker/logo on it like the blue Baroness etc, yet it's totally NOT the cartoon colors. I'll wait for a "truly" cartoon colors Roadblock (maybe they'll call it movie colors)---a DARK green vest, etc. (I want movie Cobra Commander too---with cape and scepter)

If you think about it, a movie-version Roadblock and CC 2-pack would be incredibly appropriate. :)

As an old GI Joe RAH fan who is considering collecting these again, the new sculpts looks great! Is there a list of the 25th Anniversary figures so we can compare and checkoff?

Any sites that carry the line and is selling it in near complete sets? Opened but complete is fine for me since I want to display it, not invest in it.

Shin might know of a complete checklist and/or all encompassing visual gallery. Otherwise, it wouldn't be that difficult for us to come up with a list. Short of Pimpdaddy Destro and the few Target or Toys'r'Us exclusives (a number simply repaints), there hasn't been too been much except the main line of the first three five-packs, then singles and double comic packs.

As the line is popular and sometimes scarce, it'll be hard to find one location to buy up everything in one swoop for a decent price. Aside from a few true rare figures, you actually will probably have better luck in five years when the market dies a bit and people try to unload some of the stuff they bought up either to make a quick buck or because they're trying to figure out why they bought all these figures. :D

You won't find every figure (as many are plainly sold out), but one online store I will vouch for as I've bought things from them for years upon years with no problems and a lot of friendliness is BigBadToyStore. Their 25th Anniversary selection is HERE. Usually with new stuff they'll be pretty reasonable (usually pennies to a buck or two above what you'd pay at Target if you could find them). As their stocks go down, they do raise prices and rare stuff can be a bit more expensive and might be better off looking around. These days you're also paying all in the increased shipping because of oil prices, so the benefits of ordering from them aren't as great as they once were, but I can't say a bad thing about them, customer service-wise. I've actually bought most of my 25th Joes from them and have gotten the waves quickly, completely, and safely (even though I just open everything up, it's nice to not have stuff arrived beat up) while my local Targets present waves of Buzzer clones.

If you think about it, a movie-version Roadblock and CC 2-pack would be incredibly appropriate. :)

As much as I detest the whole 'de-evoling into a snake' thing, I'd probably get a Roadblock with a mostly gone CC that wraps around him. Of course, I'd prefer if Roadblock had pupils and you could white them out if you want him blind rather than trying to add the pupils myself (shivers from memories of days of trying to paint miniatures).

But I agree. Roadblock v2 always looked more like a real soldier, except for the bright green parts. A darker green would do wonders for him.

But, yessssssssssss, a movie Cobra Commander with his ssssscepter and black/red cloak would be sssssupreme! :D

25th Anniversary Hall of Heroes Induction Poll!

HissTank Figure Checklist

But I agree. Roadblock v2 always looked more like a real soldier, except for the bright green parts. A darker green would do wonders for him.

And a new left hand, so he can hold another gun

You won't find every figure (as many are plainly sold out), but one online store I will vouch for as I've bought things from them for years upon years with no problems and a lot of friendliness is BigBadToyStore. Their 25th Anniversary selection is HERE. Usually with new stuff they'll be pretty reasonable (usually pennies to a buck or two above what you'd pay at Target if you could find them). As their stocks go down, they do raise prices and rare stuff can be a bit more expensive and might be better off looking around. These days you're also paying all in the increased shipping because of oil prices, so the benefits of ordering from them aren't as great as they once were, but I can't say a bad thing about them, customer service-wise. I've actually bought most of my 25th Joes from them and have gotten the waves quickly, completely, and safely (even though I just open everything up, it's nice to not have stuff arrived beat up) while my local Targets present waves of Buzzer clones.

The only reason I have not preordered a case through bbts is solely because I like to visually check if the figures for defects, warping, paint apps, and missing accessories before buying. With the single figures, its not so bad, but with comic/battle packs, you almost always have to check, to be sure you are getting a set with no warping. Other than that, I too, recommend BBTS, as their cases are decently priced, and sometimes the only multiples they give you, are of army builders. Basic rule of thumb of this line, is that any new army builder will be hard to find initially.

What I do hate, is the difficulty in finding the figures. Depending on how long you search at the stores, it can take months to complete a wave.

I'll let you know a few things before you buy these, so you won't be too surprised upon opening them. Most of the first figures, aside Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Destro, and Storm Shadow have difficulty sitting. The figures with weapons in hand in packaging have difficulty holding their weapons. Many of the initial figures were supposed to have their trigger fingers cut, as to place them pulling the triggers on their guns. Most of the initial figures' fingers did not come pre cut. Durability wise, they are not supremely fragile, the most you have to watch out for, is if you have a stuck joint(happened to me twice), and the soft plastic accessory bandoliers(one of our members here had a holster break from his Snake Eyes' harness. The figures are constructed of a mix of hard and soft plastic, not all soft plastic like the VVV/2002-2005 figures. Most of the joints have detents which aid in holding position, and were seen on the last VVV figures. The stands and feet are not compatible with the older stands. The figures are less prone to looseness than the vintage figures, and while they do have more articulation, some, especially the first figures, aside Roadblock, Destro, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes, have hindered mobility. The worst case is Duke, whose elbows suck. Storm Shadow was largely free of any articulation issues. Each wave improved, and wave 5 was a huge improvement in quality. A wave full of figures that could sit, lack hindered mobility, and felt more solid all around. Also, some figures do not fit into the older vehicles. I would say they are not fragile, but less sturdy than the VVV figures, yet more sturdy than the vintage figures. On looks alone, they blow both the vintage and new sculpt(2002-05) lines away. The sculpts are more reminiscent of the recent Star Wars figures than any other gijoe line. With regards to durability, they are inbetween. I never had my old joes, or "new sculpt" joes on display for too long, but my anniversary joes are displayed a LOT in comparison. The joes have difficulty standing on their stands due to the stars and stripes logo being molded onto it. The Cobras have a much easier time, since their logo is not too big. The Cobra battle packs are both worth getting, since wave 4 came out, you can pass on the joe battle pack. In the set, the worthy figures are Scarlett, Snake Eyes and Roadblock. Gung ho and Duke are both dissapointments. I can look past the legs on Duke, but those elbows are terrible. Gung ho, is halfway there, halfway not. A black costume Snake Eyes made it to wave 5, and both Scarlett and Roadblock are in wave 4. Your best bet for a good Duke is to wait for a fixed one, or the Tiger Force one which hopefully has an elbow fix. Since you are mainly displaying the figures, I think you will find a lot to like with these, however, its best to judge it as a line on its own, rather than expecting it to be like the previous ones. Once you see it like that, its a lot easier to accept them. The newest figures from wave 5 up, are much more impressive than the first waves with regards to quality, and I can only see it getting better.

Now if they were just easier to find.

Shin and Southpaw,

Thanks for the great summary and that checklist!!

It looks like I should start with Cobra packs, and work on individuals from Wave 4 and up.

The bad thing is there are not a lot of Joes here in HK but we do have TRU so I may be able to scoop up some of those exclusives.

I'll check with BBTS also.

Edited by Neova

Shin and Southpaw,

Thanks for the great summary and that checklist!!

It looks like I should start with Cobra packs, and work on individuals from Wave 4 and up.

The bad thing is there are not a lot of Joes here in HK but we do have TRU so I may be able to scoop up some of those exclusives.

I'll check with BBTS also.

No prob man! Glad I could help. We get a lot of news at Hisstank, and its fun letting you guys know what the news is. Your plan sounds good. The noteable ones from waves 1-3 are Firefly(fixed crotch), Beachhead(fixed crotch), v2 Storm Shadow, v2 Snake Eyes, Zartan, Stalker, Shipwreck, Red Ninja, and the Cobra Officer. Snake Eyes and Stalker have fixed crotch versions too, but even with the wide crotch, could still sit well. Your best bet for Zartan is the color changing version(face). Wave 1 and 2 are shipping out again, this time with 2 pegs on their stands for the joes. I think its inevitable that we will get v2 Snake Eyes in black.

I am not sure if you are a big Snake Eyes fan, but the upcoming v3 homage with the butterfly knives is AWESOME. Wave 7 was already on ebay overseas, I am not sure if it was from Hong Kong, or Singapore, but it was definitely on ebay not too long ago. It might still be now. Thats the wave set to hit either later this month, or early next month.