25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

It was good for the most part, but had its bad moments, most of them forced by Hasbro, especially towards the end. Ex: Serpentor (though it was handled better then the toon), star brigade, ninja force, eco force, et al... Some of the best stuff is in the early run, and while Serpentor was a bad move forced by the toy company his intro and surrounding battle was awesome. Pick it up if you can it is worth the read, though it meanders a little bit for the first ten or so issues then really hits is stride and gets better.

If you are having trouble locating the figures in stores, you may be able to pick them up here online:

www.hasbrotoyshop.com

At the moment, both sets are sold out; however, Hasbro does restock them every now then at $25 each. It appears that buyers may only buy one of each. I was able to get the GI Joe 5-pack set on Tuesday (17 Jul) just before it sold out. I was then able to pick up the Cobra 5-pack set the next day (18 Jul) just before it sold out as well. I am still waiting for them to list the single-carded figures.

Edited by Sephiroth

I've never read the old Hama-written GI Joe comics. Was the entire run good? I'll have to check if they have reprintings now.

The earlier issues were decent and semi-realistic military-wise ... then around #90 and up, the series got too fantasy-like with Ninja forces and Eco forces, etc. I could be wrong about the # ...

And I think Marvel reprinted #1 to 50 in trade format, you can get them for cheap.

The worst thing that happened during Hama's run was that the series ended before Hama could fix things up. Storm Shadow, Billy, the Baroness and Destro were never supposed to stay cobra, however the series ended before Hama's ending for those characters could be written. The brainwashing of those characters that occurred in the last issues was only meant to be temporary. Especially for Storm Shadow, which took 10+years before he finally fought back the brainwashing in the DDP run. Had marvel not abruptly ended the series, Storm Shadow would have been back as a joe since 94. Instead, it was only in 2004-05 where he finally returned away from the effects of brainwashing and overcame it(and finally ended the back and forth hassle of deciding which side he really should be on. For those of you who haven't read the marvel trades, Storm shadow was never an evil character. Jealous, yes. Evil, no. Hellbent on revenge? Yes. Who wouldn't be in his case? He had reason to be angry. Nonetheless his whole reason for joining cobra was just to find who killed the Hard Master, and as Cobra Commander's bodyguard, no one could suspect him, and with him at the upper echelon of Cobra, he had access to a ton of info. He did a good job of coming off as a dedicated cobra agent but then again he was a ninja, deception is their job.

I've never read the old Hama-written GI Joe comics. Was the entire run good? I'll have to check if they have reprintings now.

Hama's run was pretty good. Storm shadow's origin is still one of the best. After rereading the marvel reprint tpb's vol1-4, I realized how overlooked Storm Shadow was due to the fact that Snake eyes was more popular. Though Snake eyes story is one of pity, it is Storm Shadow who never has his good karma returned to him. Snake eyes has many tragedies, and always has some great thing happen to him. Storm Shadow has repeated bad luck, does great things with honorable intentions, and still gets shafted along the way. One can say Snake Eyes was the better ninja, but I doubt it. Better swordsman may be, but not the better ninja. Lets not forget who Snake Eyes owes his life to from back in their time during vietnam.

Basically the stories were good, but the ones to avoid are the ones where Hasbro went ninja force crazy.

does anyone know if the commando snake eyes and ninja storm shadow will be packaged individually?

At the moment, no, but they will be packed together in an upcoming comic pack w/issue #21 "Silent Interlude" from the marvel run. I don't know the full details but I think we may get a repaint of commando Snake Eyes in black with cobra trooper helmet and parachute pack, and a Storm shadow with longer sleeves. Reason being that Hasbro had a poll a few months back for which character fans would want, and Snake Eyes in cobra trooper disguise was one of the options. He did not win the poll but results for him were fairly high in the beginning. Also, in the issue, he infiltrates a castle(Castle Destro?), and throws guard troopers off a building while stealing one's disguise, then annihilating another trooper. Storm shadow had longer sleeves in the beginning of that issue.

In person the anniversary figures put the 2002+"new sculpt" o-ring figures to shame. However pics on the net do not this very well. Even the much hyped, over-rated "It's 1985 all over again" wave 7 Venom vs Valor Snake Eyes from 2 years ago does not hold a candle to anniversary Snake eyes. For one thing he can't even hold his weapons! Anniversary Snake eyes looks like what hasbro was trying to do all along with the 2002+snake eyes figures:

Make a modern homage to 1985 Snake Eyes

They made the 2002 t crotch Snake Eyes too bulky.

They made the 2003 o ring version with hindered articulation(+wrist swivels and ankle joints), but came close with a modernized version with a new look for the visor that combined old with new, as well as a new sword.

They went basic with the 2004 version.

They came very close with the 2005 version but fell short. Whats the use of new weapons if he can't hold them, and why of all snake eyes with swords, did this one not come with a scabbard nor with provision for a backpack or scabbard? Why make a sheath if it can't even fit his knife? A good figure, arguably the best Snake Eyes of that time period since the 2003 version, but one you can definitely say was "1/2 way there".

Of all these, anniversary Snake Eyes has the most 1985 influence. He is more accurate, body and proportion wise to Snake Eyes in the comic and cartoon, than the 2002 version. He has more articulation than the 2003 version, and its not as hindered as the 2003 version either. He makes the 2004 version look even more plain and simple than he already does. He goes beyond the 2005 version in regards to homages to the 1985 figure. He has a spot to store his sword, unlike the 2005 version and can hold his weapons. He has a knife that can fit into his leg sheath with no problems. He looks more like the 1985 version than the 2005 version. It is with this figure, even with the inaccuracies using the battle pack mold, that one can finally say "it does feel like 1985 all over again".

**Single pack Snake eyes has 3 versions. The only differences are the colors for Timber:white, gray and blackIts the same Timber that came with the 2005 version, and being that I have that version already, I couldn't care less which Timber I got(white).**

Thanks for all the great info Shin Densetsu Kai ... I still have the original 82, non-swivl arm v1 Snake Eyes from my childhood in near-mint condition with accessories. I wonder how much I could get for him?

^_^

Thanks for all the great info Shin Densetsu Kai ... I still have the original 82, non-swivl arm v1 Snake Eyes from my childhood in near-mint condition with accessories. I wonder how much I could get for him?

^_^

Don't know, you could watch this ebay auction to see how much it ends up going for. Just browsing ebay, it looks like loose Joe figures don't command much unless they're MOSC :shrug:

I hope Hasbro releases more of these 25th anniversary figures. I'd love to have an updated Firefly that is a homage to the original figure. That was my all time favorite figure when I was a kid. I used to think he was a ninja because of his mask. I was a kid and nothing is cooler to a kid than ninjas. Of course, I later learned that he's not a Ninja at all, but I still love that figure.

Don't know, you could watch this ebay auction to see how much it ends up going for. Just browsing ebay, it looks like loose Joe figures don't command much unless they're MOSC :shrug:

I hope Hasbro releases more of these 25th anniversary figures. I'd love to have an updated Firefly that is a homage to the original figure. That was my all time favorite figure when I was a kid. I used to think he was a ninja because of his mask. I was a kid and nothing is cooler to a kid than ninjas. Of course, I later learned that he's not a Ninja at all, but I still love that figure.

They are. Firefly, Stalker, Sei Tin, Zartan, and Shipwreck are in wave 3. Depending on which storyline you read, it turns out Firefly was adopted by Koga ninjas as a baby. He was a cobra operative originally set to kill Snake Eyes, and infiltrated the Arashikage clan as the "faceless master". When he realized he couldn't, he told Zartan to do it instead. We all know how that turned out.

We are getting either 40 or close to 40 figures this year, including the 25 already out. Actually, we are getting more. Theres the wave that includes IG Destro, another cobra 5 pack, and what might be another joe 5 pack. Then the comic packs, if those make it out by end of the year.

If you are looking to pick up the single-carded figures that have been released, SmallJoes just put them back in stock. You can get all five figures as a set for $29.00 which is a really great price. Here's the linky:

www.smalljoes.com

As for the 5-pack figures being released on individual cards, I don't think I heard anything indicating that they would be. I would have liked to get updated Storm Shadow v.1 figure on its own vintage-looking card art, but I just don't see Hasbro going through the trouble to repackage them individually.

Basically the stories were good, but the ones to avoid are the ones where Hasbro went ninja force crazy.

At the moment, no, but they will be packed together in an upcoming comic pack w/issue #21 "Silent Interlude" from the marvel run.

Not to mention the Space Begrade issue... though General Hawk needs a giant space robot!

Actually the Ninja Force while not a military comic was pretty good none-the-less for the storyline where Scarlett becomes a double agent spying on Cobra, and heck I even liked the Transformers Generation 2 stuff.

But Shin Densetsu I have to agree with you on Storm Shadow, but we had our big exchange on him back in the Sigma 6 thread way back ^_^. Storm Shadow is one of the most interesting GI joe characters.

Storm Shadow is one of the most interesting GI joe characters.

Part of the reason is because so little about him has been told; same reason why Snake Eyes was immediatly popular. However the more they told about Snakes, the less mysterious and therefore the less interesting he became.

Part of the reason is because so little about him has been told; same reason why Snake Eyes was immediatly popular. However the more they told about Snakes, the less mysterious and therefore the less interesting he became.

For the same reasons, I always found Cobra Commander to be an interesting character, specifically his comic book incarnation. The guy was always a mystery whose face was never shown (at least until Snake Eyes: Declassified). I like the fact that he was originally a used-car salesman who built the COBRA empire from pyramid schemes and other questionable activities; it really gave his character a flair of personality. One of my favorite pictures of Cobra Commander was a pin-up from an issue during the Marvel run that depicts him in his classic hooded uniform kicking a harmless wide-eyed puppy...I mean nothing says "I'm ruthless and evil" like punting a puppy towards the reader!

Snake Eyes v.2 and Storm Shadow v.1 were my favorite figures as a kid, but I found them both to be a bit too over-the-top in the comics for my tastes. I actually like how they were portrayed in the Sunbow animated series much better. SE & SS looked cool and got the mission done when needed, but they were rarely ever the focus of an episode nor were they untouchable.

Their 25th anniversary tribute figures look awesome, but I was really hoping Hasbro would have used their newly aquired Marvel Legends license to make action figures like these below:

1140913826613_ML_Storm_Shadow_A.jpg1141190180442_Snake_Eyes_V2_A.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

Their 25th anniversary tribute figures look awesome, but I was really hoping Hasbro would have used their newly aquired Marvel Legends license to make action figures like these below:

Hey Sephiroth, any links to more pictures of those customs?

What figures were used, I'm guessing Black Panther or Deadpool and Hawkeye?

They look awesome

Edited by chowyunskinny

Maybe this has already been answered, but does anyone know if there are plans to release the box set figs on individual cards? I'm really digging the old school art on the carded figures.

If I remember this right, I believe Hasbro stated that the battle pack figures would eventually be released on single cards. However whether this meant the characters or the molds remains to be seen. The closest thing to this are the comic packs with 2 figures and a comic, issue #21 pack coming with Snake eyes or Storm shadow(whether these are repaints or slight retools remain to be seem, I think they may have minimal retools).

For the same reasons, I always found Cobra Commander to be an interesting character, specifically his comic book incarnation. The guy was always a mystery whose face was never shown (at least until Snake Eyes: Declassified). I like the fact that he was originally a used-car salesman who built the COBRA empire from pyramid schemes and other questionable activities; it really gave his character a flair of personality.

Exactly. I always liked how The Big C was well-educated and very, very good at what he did. It's just a shame that we never got to see that in the comics or cartoon.

Snake Eyes v.2 and Storm Shadow v.1 were my favorite figures as a kid, but I found them both to be a bit too over-the-top in the comics for my tastes. I actually like how they were portrayed in the Sunbow animated series much better. SE & SS looked cool and got the mission done when needed, but they were rarely ever the focus of an episode nor were they untouchable.

That's what I'm talking about. However, the cartoon did screw one thing up: Scarlett ends up with Snake Eyes, not Duke.

I disagree there... Storm Shadow is interesting because his backstory is actually good. It's Snake Eyes who got by on being the mystery man. Storm Shadow's past was revealed pretty quickly in the comics.

Exactly. I always liked how The Big C was well-educated and very, very good at what he did. It's just a shame that we never got to see that in the comics or cartoon

CC was presented that way in the comics, and he had a good sense of humour too. "I used to be a used car salesman, I guess you could say starting Cobra was a step towards honesty for me".

Still I always liked Serpentor more then CC.

The guy was always a mystery whose face was never shown (at least until Snake Eyes: Declassified). I like the fact that he was originally a used-car salesman who built the COBRA empire from pyramid schemes and other questionable activities; it really gave his character a flair of personality.

Wrong... we saw his face in the original comics after he and Destro were burried alive in the pit and escaped. He was wearing a fake mustache but we saw both his and destro's faces as they went cross country... eventually finding the comotose billy.

Edited by lord_breetai

Wrong... we saw his face in the original comics after he and Destro were burried alive in the pit and escaped. He was wearing a fake mustache but we saw both his and destro's faces as they went cross country... eventually finding the comotose billy.

When I wrote that his face was never shown, I meant his real face, free from any disguises or obstructions. Yes, issue 55: "Unmaskings" did show both CC and Destro remove their masks; however, their real faces are never fully revealed in that issue. CC is indeed wearing a fake mustache, large sunglasses, and red beret and that's the closest Hasbro would allow Marvel get to revealing his face. While you could use your imagination to "see" the true face behind the disguise, many readers just weren't satisfied and were even fueled by this issue to see what he really looked like. Issue 2 of Snake Eyes: Declassified is the first issue to ever depict CC's face in full...no masks, no disguises, and definitely no fake mustaches and all with Hasbro's stamp of approval.

Edited by Sephiroth

Well, I picked up a couple of the single-carded figures yesterday. And I knew I wasn't gonna be completely satisfied with what came straight out of the packages.

So, this Mog did a few modifications. (It helps too that my brother was painting something for his office and had some leftover brown paint.) ;)

1) COBRA OFFICER:

Hasbro just supplied the Officer with a white/silver Cobra Trooper gun, most likely to save costs. I understand the cost-cutting/business move by Hasbro, but.......

BAH!! What self-respecting Cobra Officer would be caught dead without his trusty AK-47?

post-3595-1185145508_thumb.jpg

Basically, I took the AK that came with the original '82 Cobra Officer, painted it black, and added a few touches of brown here and there.

2) FLINT:

By now, we all know that Hasbro just re-used Duke's mold in order to make Flint. And some fans have been griping about Flint's lack of gloves. Personally, I don't understand Hasbro's decision, especially since both Flint and the upcoming Shipwreck have similar torso and arm styles (i.e., short-sleeve shirt, gloves, and somewhat open collar).

In any case, I took matters into my own hands (sorry for the bad pun):

I basically wrapped one of those clear elastic, plastic bands that came with the 5-packs onto each wrist, tried to make the wrapped bands look like the ends of the gloves, and then painted over the hands and bands.

Here's another pic with Flint holding his shotgun:

Just a few little touches that made all the difference in the world for me!

Exactly. I always liked how The Big C was well-educated and very, very good at what he did. It's just a shame that we never got to see that in the comics or cartoon.

That's what I'm talking about. However, the cartoon did screw one thing up: Scarlett ends up with Snake Eyes, not Duke.

We are seeing it now in the comics. The new WWIII storyline has Cobra Commander basically at his most powerful state. He has infiltrated the whitehouse and is now a power wielding politician(which the white house doesn't realize who he really is) who may have more power than the jugglers. He knows the entire roster of active and reserve joes, in addition to all of their family members. He just blackmailed Destro into giving him his first son, and handing over entire control of M.A.R.S. in exchange for the newborn Eugen, Baroness and Destro's new baby son.

BAH!! What self-respecting Cobra Officer would be caught dead without his trusty AK-47?

The original plan was for the AK-47 to be included, I can't recall why that didn't happen but that was the original plan. Also Flint originally was supposed to have gloves and the prototype had them. However production was bumped up a lot faster than originally planned and Flint ended up with no gloves. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a gloved version later on. I think the prototype we saw with the gloves probably just had gloved hands temporarily there to give the sculptors an idea of what to sculpt. Now if the gloves were already sculpted for the figure, I'm not sure what happened, perhaps the factory in china mistakenly misplaced the mold? It happens. Its the same reason why some of the old figure/vehicle molds have been hard to find.

I picked up the cobra officer today and I like it aside the fact that his elbow movement is hindered a bit. I'm going to shave off some of the plastic in the lower arm to enable full 90 degree movement. I like the figures a lot so far.

Just found pics from SDCC of the future upcoming waves: Link.

My first reactions?

• Good God! Who beat Lady Jaye with the ugly stick!? :blink:
  • Beachhead looks cool, but I don't like how they changed his torso ammo pack into a vest. I wish they instead went with a lower torso joint ala Cobra Commander.
  • I ain't digging the "extreme" make-over they gave to Buzzer's chainsaw.
  • Both Stalker and Zartan look promising. But they really should pack Zartan with a bow as an homage to his comic book roots.
  • Are they really trying to make Shipwreck look like Popeye? For this particular figure, I think the criticisms/comparisons to the Star Wars POTF bulked-up look are valid.
  • I was already gonna pass on the second Cobra 5-pack, and this doesn't make me regret my decision.
  • Some of those one-of customs look a heck of lot better than the production releases they'll be releasing later this year.
Hopefully, Hasbro will make some design tweaks before rushing these out to production. Otherwise, it looks like I'll have extra display space for Macross, Mospeada, and Star Wars stuff. Edited by Mog

Just found pics from SDCC of the future upcoming waves: Link.

My first reactions?

[*] Good God! Who beat Lady Jaye with the ugly stick!? :blink:

Thanks for the link and yeah, I agree with your comment on Lady J.

:lol:

So has anyone seen these in stores in so cal? I haven't seen 'em anywhere ....

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw these in a store today. Picked up what was left: Flint & Cobra Commander.

Man, I am pretty disappointed. They're made of vinyl plastic and feel so cheaply made, like KO quality. And the poseability is OK, not that great. After 25 years I was expecting leaps and strides in articulation improvements, but I honestly think the old 80s figures were made better and more poseable. Heck, even the card backing seemed to be paper thin!

:ph34r:

I will say the sculpts are more detailed and I agree with Mog's initial thoughts in an earlier post contrasting the 25th anniversary Joes and the old Joes. Will probably pick up Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow - they are classic characters.

I just saw (and bought) the first 5 at Wal mart tonight, I have to say that as far as reissues go of any of the toys I had as a kid, these bring back the most memories and are the coolest.

I cannot wait for the rest to come out. Hopefully we can get some vehicles with them eventually.

Man, I am pretty disappointed. They're made of vinyl plastic and feel so cheaply made, like KO quality. And the poseability is OK, not that great. After 25 years I was expecting leaps and strides in articulation improvements, but I honestly think the old 80s figures were made better and more poseable.

Gotta disagree with you, Vermillion21. Granted, I wouldn't try posing any of these new figures in the old vehicles or any kind of sitting position. But I find the new figures a lot more poseable and realistic than the old-school figures, especially in action scenes. Just look around the Net: there's a bunch of example pics showing off these new figures' wicked poseability.

You can even see it in the pic I posted earlier of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I would never have been able to do that pose accurately with the old-school figures. The old fig's simply lack the necessary additional articulation points needed.

As for the quality, yeah, some figures have difficulty holding their weapons as solidly as their old-school counterparts. But I wouldn't go so far as to call them knock-offs or cheap quality. Considering the OTHER figures Hasbro's been churning out at this scale for the past few years, I'd say the quality of these latest Joe's is comparable to that of Hasbro's current Star Wars 3-3/4 line.

Look, I definitely have my criticisms of this new line (and I have my own personal pet peeves about the next two waves). But it is a worthy successor to the old line, and I'm willing to see what this line churns out later on in the future.

To put it in Macross terms, I think of the old-school Joe's as the Takatoku Valks of yesterday: solid as a rock (except when the O-rings start to deteriorate) and ridiculously ahead of their time in terms of articulation, design, and asthetic.

The new 25th Aniversary Joes are somewhere between the 1/60 Yammies and 1/48 Yammies: they made some definite improvements over the old-school versions, but they aren't without their own quirks and flaws. I ain't saying the new Joes are damn-near perfect like the 1/48's. But with sculpt improvements, they could definitely get to that level.

Edited by Mog

dang serpentor is missing the big cobra thing on his back. I wonder why they didn't add that in.... As for lady J, she doesn't look that bad, but I wonder why they made her with a hat like the original when the cartoon she never really wore a hat....

Finally saw the 5-packs at various Target stores and some single carded figures, and after initially wanting the line I am passing on them. The coloring was off on some of the items (Commando Snake Eyes) or the revamp (hooded Storm Shadow) didn't wow me. I like espionage Snake Eyes the most but can't find him single carded, and I'm stretching to get the wave 1 Storm Shadow but I don't like the trim they added to his outfit along with the dang thing sandals.

The only other figure that kinda wowed me as the Cobra infantry trooper, but not that much. Maybe if the 5-packs were for $19.95 but not $25 worth I think. They are popping up now, saw them at a couple Targets so far.

dang serpentor is missing the big cobra thing on his back. I wonder why they didn't add that in.... As for lady J, she doesn't look that bad, but I wonder why they made her with a hat like the original when the cartoon she never really wore a hat....

Serpentor was supposed to be based on the original, however by the time John Warden(new guy in charge of the line who is a huge 80's joe cartoon/comic fan) found out, it was too late and the Serpentor we saw@SDCC was already on its way to production. Knowing this, I have a feeling we will see a more 80's accurate Serpentor next year. An idea they are thinking about is making a Build-A-Vehicle. Parts of a vehicle come with each figure, and once you buy the whole wave, you can build a vehicle(small). The first one they mentioned was Serpentor's Air-Chariot.

I like espionage Snake Eyes the most but can't find him single carded, and I'm stretching to get the wave 1 Storm Shadow but I don't like the trim they added to his outfit along with the dang thing sandals.

Both of these are coming in a comic pack with issue 21 of the marvel run(silent interlude).

I'd say the quality of these latest Joe's is comparable to that of Hasbro's current Star Wars 3-3/4 line.

This is true. In fact they aren't much far off, the only thing the Star wars figures lack are the double jointed knees and ball jointed legs. Add those, and the new joes and star wars figures would be constructed the exact same way. It seems like the same sculptors from star wars sculpted the joes this time around. The articulation, aesthetic, and feel are almost exactly the same. The only difference is the range of motion on some figures, and the hands being made of softer plastic. The issue with range of motion might be due to an unauthorized change@the chinese factory. They were the ones who gave Flint/Duke swivels@the forearm rather than the wrist, for no reason, it was not what Hasbro intended, and by the time that happened, it was too late and the figures would have been delayed had the molds been retooled. Nonetheless, modified versions might come out next year.

After 25 years I was expecting leaps and strides in articulation improvements, but I honestly think the old 80s figures were made better and more poseable.

The old ones only have a higher range of motion. They lacked double knee joints, swiveling wrists, and ball jointed ankles. The anniversary figures do have more articulation. Sculpt wise, the new ones are superior, but you really only see this once you place the anniversary and vintage version of a character side by side.

The coloring was off on some of the items (Commando Snake Eyes)

This is debatable. It all depends on the penciler and inker. Some comics had Snake Eyes rendered predominantly with a lot of spot black inks. Others had shading done with ink but he was colored grey. The way he is colored in the recent comics is similar to how the figure turned out. Even in the old cartoon he was niether at times; he was purple.

I managed to pick up the last single pack Storm Shadow at Target. I'm pleased with the articulation it offers but could have been nice if it can twist at the waist but oh well plus it's a step down from the current Microman figures and a step up from current Starwars figures. Accessories are cool throughout from the Bow to the Wakizashi, Katana and Throwing Dagger. All in all it's a great version of Storm Shadow and I'm looking forward to picking up more 25th Anniversary soon.

Edited by gerwalk25

I can't wait then when the 2-pack SS and SE comes out, do you know when it's suppose to be released? I think the neat-o factor Hasbro did was the mail-away Storm Shadow un-masked they did a year or so ago, I really like that figure.

As for lady J, she doesn't look that bad, but I wonder why they made her with a hat like the original when the cartoon she never really wore a hat....

My memory's a little hazy, but I'm pretty sure Lady Jaye sported the cap a number of times in the comics.

As for the upcoming figure, I don't know what exactly it is about the sculpt and paint apps, but it just doesn't "look" like Lady Jaye to me. I look at the face, and it just doesn't remind me of either the cartoon version, the comic version, or the version depicted on the card art.

My first impression was that the eyes didn't look right. Maybe they should be a little bit bigger or a little more exotic-looking (sorta like the card art). Also, I think the lower part of her face is just a tad bit too wide or "puffy."

Add to that the slightly-too-large cap, and her face just looks off.

This is especially disappointing when you considering how dead-on the new Flint looks by comparison.

My memory's a little hazy, but I'm pretty sure Lady Jaye sported the cap a number of times in the comics.

As for the upcoming figure, I don't know what exactly it is about the sculpt and paint apps, but it just doesn't "look" like Lady Jaye to me. I look at the face, and it just doesn't remind me of either the cartoon version, the comic version, or the version depicted on the card art.

My first impression was that the eyes didn't look right. Maybe they should be a little bit bigger or a little more exotic-looking (sorta like the card art). Also, I think the lower part of her face is just a tad bit too wide or "puffy."

Add to that the slightly-too-large cap, and her face just looks off.

This is especially disappointing when you considering how dead-on the new Flint looks by comparison.

comic book huh? Nah, I'm just referring to the cartoon. I never read the comic book. I didn't think the art was all too great. For some reason I liked watching GI Joe and transformers instead of reading about them. So I would always associate the characters with their cartoon counterpart. At least Lady J looks like a woman. The ones they've released before were horrible. Like this one:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/images/ladyjaye3_large.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/action/06/ladyjaye4-large.shtml