25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I imagine that'd piss off some collectors.

Meh....collectors can bite my shiny metal ass. If Joe collectors are half as bad as the Star Wars collectors I used to hang out with (and occasionally see on other sites) then they're in dire need of a sound beating. This toys-as-an-investment mentality is retarded.

Was there a similar meltdown when the reissue G1 Transformers hit the shelves?

Meh....collectors can bite my shiny metal ass. If Joe collectors are half as bad as the Star Wars collectors I used to hang out with (and occasionally see on other sites) then they're in dire need of a sound beating. This toys-as-an-investment mentality is retarded.

Was there a similar meltdown when the reissue G1 Transformers hit the shelves?

Wouldn't surprise me. Transformer fans are a scary lot.

Honestly, I think the original figures were good back in the day, but I want something I can open and mess around with and put in cool poses on a shelf. I just don't think the originals would do it for me anymore. I guess I'm jaded.

Honestly, I think the original figures were good back in the day, but I want something I can open and mess around with and put in cool poses on a shelf. I just don't think the originals would do it for me anymore. I guess I'm jaded.

Oh the originals are definitely dated, in nearly every conceivable sense. I'm just at the point where a new, shiny version of the old toy has little or no connection with me. The originals, however, have nostalgia working for them. At least these 25th Anniversary figures resemble the originals, unlike most of the crap thats been sold under the GI Joe name in the last decade.

I still like these 25th anniversary versions, the details finally look updated compared to the new 3 3/4 that's been coming out the last few years. I'm kind of over the re-issue of the original 3 3/4 Joes, they already did something kind of similar in the late 90's with the main characters in 3 packs but with some modified colors.

I do have one issue....what's up with Storm Shadow's slippers? He's a freaking master ninja ready to kill in the name of Cobra and not about to drink a mai tai at the local beach.

I love GI Joe and all, but these don't look so nice.

What's up with Stormshadow wearing flip-flops, Duke with the out of propotion limbs and extremities, and Scarlett with beyond skinny torso and knees? :huh:

I'll have to pass on these.

I heard that!!!

There better be a Snake Eyes!

Yes, but which version would they release? The original version? Or the signature bad-ass second version?

They're not a bad update, but I do wish the proportions were a little less exaggerated.

So, is this the GI Joe verison of the recent Star Wars' Vintage line?

Lastly, will the remaining ones be Snake, Stalker, Cobra Commander, Destro, and Baroness?

There will be 25 total figures, probably encompassing all the major players from both sides in their most classic looks. Personnaly I hope that Snake Eyes appears in his original look, I never liked the whole medievil visor thing, thought it looked stupid personally.

@gerwalk25: I think they are using their own variation of those bodies, kind of like their marvel legends line.

New pics are posted here: http://goodtogocustoms.com/forum/index.php...msg4840#msg4840

And here are my comments on them so far:

Storm Shadow: Looks Great

Duke: Head looks a little funky (might be the angle) but otherwise good

Scarlett: Someone feed the poor girl and pain some normal (not cartoony) eyes on her.

Cobra Soldier: Frigging awesome

Roadblock: Beyond badash

Snake Eyes: Best one yet, and great custom fodder for the rest of the original 13, just need heads now

CC: Very cool, just needs and interchangable head to for hooded version

Destro: Head is too small, holster too large, and too the lower body looks too scrawny

Baroness: Other then the face she looks great, her face looks squashed from the side, maybe its the glasses. Just make the glasses seperate pieces.

Gung Ho: Looks good but the colors seem a little off.

Pics not working.

For those who don't want to register for yet another board (you apparently need to in order to see the pictures), here you go:

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

They're certainly better in detail and paint application than most of what Hasbro's put out in the Rael American Hero vein, but that's not necessarily saying much given all the gaudy paint apps they've chosen, even for re-releases.....

I wish the proportions...particularly the heads... were better, or at least consistent. One can live with stylistic choices, but to have a few people look fine and others (Duke and Destro probably the worst, although the Cobra Trooper should be bigger... or his helmet an add-on) are way off just doesn't sit right.

I DO like the original Commando Snake-eyes over 'Mystical Ninja with pet Wolf' SE... even if I don't really mind the latter....

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

I think that they do look pretty good, the only one that I don't dig is the Baroness' glasses it's freaking huge Harry Potterish. Waiting for Zartan to show up now. I'm crossing fingers for Quick Kick.

Regarding Snake Eyes: THAT is one hell of an update on the original version! Wonder if they're gonna pack him with a sword? (Of course, there's nothing wrong with bringing a gun to a sword-fight. ;) )

The main reason I have a preference for the second version is that the visored version is the Snake-Eyes I associate most frequently with the old Marvel comics' storylines. But in any case, me likes this update on the original!

Wasn't there a version of the Baroness that has removable glasses? I would think making them an accessory would be a better idea that these over-painted raccoon eyes. And she needs to look more evil or more "femme fatale."

Who else would we all like to see remade?

My personal preferences:

* Zartan

* Stalker

* Firefly

* Grunt (The signature standard Joe. And one of the original first releases to boot!)

Regarding Snake Eyes: THAT is one hell of an update on the original version! Wonder if they're gonna pack him with a sword? (Of course, there's nothing wrong with bringing a gun to a sword-fight. ;) )

The main reason I have a preference for the second version is that the visored version is the Snake-Eyes I associate most frequently with the old Marvel comics' storylines. But in any case, me likes this update on the original!

Wasn't there a version of the Baroness that has removable glasses? I would think making them an accessory would be a better idea that these over-painted raccoon eyes. And she needs to look more evil or more "femme fatale."

Who else would we all like to see remade?

My personal preferences:

* Zartan

* Stalker

* Firefly

* Grunt (The signature standard Joe. And one of the original first releases to boot!)

I remember the Baroness with the removable glasses, it was pretty horrific since it also had to be pretty big to fit on her face so it was no better. I think they should have given her more of a rectangular glass with smaller lines for the frames of the glasses, heck give her sunglasses instead.

I also vote for Firefly in the 25th anniv. set, his original 3 3/4 figure was my 2nd favorite behind Storm Shadow and just ahead of Snake Eyes. I would love it if they created a Rock & Roll figures since he was one of the originals.

"Porkchop Sandwiches!!!"

"Give him the stick..........................NO, DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!!!!" :lol::D:p

Replying to baronv: Yeah, I checked out yojoe.com after making that post and saw how horrid those glasses accessory looked. But what's sad is that after 20+ years of making these figures (plus the additional experience from making the recent Star Wars figures), you'd think Hasbro would've done a better job on the updated figure. Oh well.

As much as I wouldn't mind Rock & Roll (heck, he was one of the first Joes I ever got), I think Mr. "Porkchop Sandwiches"* already has the heavy machine gunner spot taken.

* EDIT: Dammit, I'm an idiot. That should be Mr. "BODY MASSAGE", not Mr. "Porkchop Sandwiches." Thanks for the indirect reminder, chowyunskinny.

Edited by Mog