25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Thats great news. There are 5 targets within 25 miles of me and they have been terrible at stocking Joe items since the spring. Every time I go into one, their pegs are completely bare or the still have the CC/ Duke or Scarlett/ Destro comic packs as the only items. So my faith in getting the dvd battlepacks is fairly low.

Wait... Scarlett came with Hawk, Destro came with Breaker... so which one gets left behind? I see Scarlett and Hawk on the pegs a lot in Zellers, and I'm in Canada lol.

Found the first 2 DVD packs--everything else still empty. Bought the Weather Dominator set:

Lady Jaye has no lipstick. I'm sorry, but I have to remedy that. Her pink lipstick pretty much defines her cartoon appearance. Plus the obviously-sculpted lips look weird in skin-tone.

Roadblock has no gun. Destro has but a single handgun.

I might buy a regular carded Destro now just to get all the accessories, and maybe swap parts to make an "ultimate" Destro.

Anyone want the Weather Dominator itself? And the MASS device piece? And maybe Roadblock? I have no need for them, and they haven't even been removed from the packaging yet. I'd most like to trade for Copperhead---or if anyone's got wave 9, General Hawk and/or a BAT.

Been checking the local Wal-Marts and Targets for 25th Joes for the last 2 weeks, practically everyday ... no new stock in ages ....

<_<

Same here. My nearest Wal-Mart is doing a reset. I suspect that they'll be largely finished with it before the 26th, when all of the new Star Wars merchandise is supposed to be on the shelves. My nearest Target has already broken street date on that stuff.

Lots of new stuff over at Hisstank from Comic Con

Booth Images 1

Booth Images 2

Stoked because a lot of the stuff they are showing are things that were on my wishlists of remakes/reissues.

Scrap Iron, Eels, Airborne, the Claw, Fang, Skyhawk, swamp skier and Water Moccasin. Gives me hope about them reissuing the Polar Battle Bear, Ferret and hopefully the Whale.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Eels gets a helmet? That is so cool. But no gun? Well time to dig out the extra joe weapons I have. That is cool though. It gives me great hope for a Wetsuit with a removable helmet. I thought shortfuse had a visor not glasses? Also, they need to make a new Leatherneck. This Mission Brazil look is meh. Man that is the original Beachhead and mainframe I was looking for. I am happy with what they are gonna release. So far. This made my day.

Eels gets a helmet? That is so cool. But no gun? Well time to dig out the extra joe weapons I have. That is cool though. It gives me great hope for a Wetsuit with a removable helmet. I thought shortfuse had a visor not glasses? Also, they need to make a new Leatherneck. This Mission Brazil look is meh. Man that is the original Beachhead and mainframe I was looking for. I am happy with what they are gonna release. So far. This made my day.

Well the 90s wetsuit had a removable helmet so if the 25th anniversary dosn't, something is messed up.

I thought shortfuse had a visor not glasses?.

The original figure of Short-fuze was one of the three or so generic heads (the same as Hawk's if I recall) with a visored helmet, but in the comics (and I believe the cartoon) had him with glasses and I, for one, am happy he's got them (I was going to convert my extra Doc to a Shortfuse). I do sort of wish he had the correct webbing that he and Zap had and not the typical Hawk/Grunt/Snake-eyes/etc one....

Speaking of comics/cartoons/figures, I am disappointed with the Steeler that comes with the Armadillo and Serpentor... and not for his 'Duke arms'. Very lackluster. It may just be nostalgia (Steeler and the MOBAT were favorites as a kid and he's my one MIA as he was lost in sandbox), but I liked the way the original Steeler looked and the new one just doesn't cut it. His webbing is a single shoulder holster (which is like the old design), but doesn't fit right and unfortunately leaves a lot of his shirt bare... and the shirts on the 'original 13' 25th anniversary figures look like really tight, form-fitting shirts. I'm thinking of getting an extra Vamp and giving him the same vest as Clutch, which will keep the holster, but give him a somewhat bulkier look. And while I like the head sculpture and it sort of works for a Polish-descended steel town native, it looks a little old for the brash, young lieutenant Steeler was. Part of me almost wishes for the semi-wild, definitely non-regulation mop of blonde hair he had in the cartoons, even if I usually prefer the comic look for the Joes... it was distinctive if nothing else.

And speaking of the MOBAT, I REALLY hope they do some remodeling of its figure compartment. The old MOBAT was always small in terms of scale, but old figures can stand up to their waists in it. 25th figures, though, barely get mid-thigh deep if you're lucky and it makes it look ridiculous having someone exposing 3/4ths of their body in an armored vehicle. At least Steeler will keep his kneecaps safe, I suppose....

This line's killing me. I'm in the process of trying to move away from toy collecting... running out of room and it often hinders certain pursuits (I've been lucky to mostly date women who don't obviously freak out about shelves of toys) and yet the 25th line still pushes out figures I want.... :wacko:

The SDCC news on the Joe line is making me drool: Skyhawk = pure win!! But it comes with Lift Ticket, so does that mean they won't reissue the Tomahawk helicopter?? I hope not. Lots of cool figures coming out ....

Now if only I could find these in stores ....

:ph34r:

Glad to see they're releasing Airborne and the Eels.

But I'm in the same boat as Vermillion21: I just can't find these suckers anywhere near me.

It's cool to see them re-release the old vehicles and stuff, but part of me wishes they would bust out newer, more in-scale vehicles.

I'm mean, c'mon, Hasbro. You're releasing two big-ass vehicles for Star Wars this year (one of them being the BMF :blink: ). Is a large scale Skystriker or Night Raven really so out of the question? They would be a hells-to-the-bells yeah for many of us re-juveniles/collectors.

I'm mean, c'mon, Hasbro. You're releasing two big-ass vehicles for Star Wars this year (one of them being the BMF :blink: ). Is a large scale Skystriker or Night Raven really so out of the question? They would be a hells-to-the-bells yeah for many of us re-juveniles/collectors.

I hate to say it, but Star Wars... is Star Wars... it'll sell no matter what. GI Joe on the other hand...

^^I don't know about you. But I'm usually seeing only Buzzers and the older comic packs at most places around me.

The Joe items are definitely selling. But if Hasbro is worried about the risks involved with larger scale vehicles, they could always sell the bigger items as exclusives.

It just bums me when I look at the Rattler and Conquest and think "toy." I'd rather those two be just a tad closer to scale with the figures.

I think Short-Fuse didnt not have glasses in the cartoon. Look at the original 5part series. I have to agree with the Steeler. Looks tame to me. I also miss Steeler's visor. I for one would rather have the mauler especially where he can sit in the turret.

The original figure of Short-fuze was one of the three or so generic heads (the same as Hawk's if I recall) with a visored helmet, but in the comics (and I believe the cartoon) had him with glasses and I, for one, am happy he's got them (I was going to convert my extra Doc to a Shortfuse). I do sort of wish he had the correct webbing that he and Zap had and not the typical Hawk/Grunt/Snake-eyes/etc one....

Speaking of comics/cartoons/figures, I am disappointed with the Steeler that comes with the Armadillo and Serpentor... and not for his 'Duke arms'. Very lackluster. It may just be nostalgia (Steeler and the MOBAT were favorites as a kid and he's my one MIA as he was lost in sandbox), but I liked the way the original Steeler looked and the new one just doesn't cut it. His webbing is a single shoulder holster (which is like the old design), but doesn't fit right and unfortunately leaves a lot of his shirt bare... and the shirts on the 'original 13' 25th anniversary figures look like really tight, form-fitting shirts. I'm thinking of getting an extra Vamp and giving him the same vest as Clutch, which will keep the holster, but give him a somewhat bulkier look. And while I like the head sculpture and it sort of works for a Polish-descended steel town native, it looks a little old for the brash, young lieutenant Steeler was. Part of me almost wishes for the semi-wild, definitely non-regulation mop of blonde hair he had in the cartoons, even if I usually prefer the comic look for the Joes... it was distinctive if nothing else.

And speaking of the MOBAT, I REALLY hope they do some remodeling of its figure compartment. The old MOBAT was always small in terms of scale, but old figures can stand up to their waists in it. 25th figures, though, barely get mid-thigh deep if you're lucky and it makes it look ridiculous having someone exposing 3/4ths of their body in an armored vehicle. At least Steeler will keep his kneecaps safe, I suppose....

This line's killing me. I'm in the process of trying to move away from toy collecting... running out of room and it often hinders certain pursuits (I've been lucky to mostly date women who don't obviously freak out about shelves of toys) and yet the 25th line still pushes out figures I want.... :wacko:

So are the Eels going to have a mask and breathing apparatus, the photos make them look like they just have ninjas masks on. I found a Torpedo at Walmart the other day and got him just to go with an Eel.

Finally some luck hunting today, found wave 1 vehicles this afternoon, picked up the VAMP, Ram cycle & Flight Pod, and the Armadillo & Serpentor Air Chariote (sp?). Passed on the HISS tank for now - the figure was just a HISS Driver repaint in blue. All $14.99 at Target.

The VAMP is friggin sweet, lots of cool new details, like opening hood, removeable shovel, etc. This was the first Joe toy I ever owned as a kid. Armadillo and RAM are pretty much the same as the original toys, while the Flight Pod and Air Chariote seem to have slight enhancements as well.

Clutch, Steeler, and Breaker all have the fugly Duke arms ... and Breaker did not come with his radio gear, nor bubble gum - despite the fact these were shown on the box. Tele-Viper is a repaint of the Viper figure with a new head, and came with no gear.

Didn't see any new single carded figures.

Finally some luck hunting today, found wave 1 vehicles this afternoon, picked up the VAMP, Ram cycle & Flight Pod, and the Armadillo & Serpentor Air Chariote (sp?). Passed on the HISS tank for now - the figure was just a HISS Driver repaint in blue. All $14.99 at Target.

The VAMP is friggin sweet, lots of cool new details, like opening hood, removeable shovel, etc. This was the first Joe toy I ever owned as a kid. Armadillo and RAM are pretty much the same as the original toys, while the Flight Pod and Air Chariote seem to have slight enhancements as well.

Clutch, Steeler, and Breaker all have the fugly Duke arms ... and Breaker did not come with his radio gear, nor bubble gum - despite the fact these were shown on the box. Tele-Viper is a repaint of the Viper figure with a new head, and came with no gear.

Didn't see any new single carded figures.

Heh, I'm seeing the vehicle 2 packs going for 39.99 at West Edmonton Mall, need to check with my other source to see what he can get them for.

Whoa, that is steep and a major markup for the vehicle 2-packs!!!

:o :o :o

$14.99 is a deal here for them: you get 2 small vehicles and 2 figures with accessories, stands, file cards, and blueprints; while a single carded figure goes for $6.84 at Wal-Mart and $7.99 at Target.

Is a large scale Skystriker or Night Raven really so out of the question? They would be a hells-to-the-bells yeah for many of us re-juveniles/collectors.

Reissues are out of the question. Skystriker mold was damaged when returned, and Hasbro said it's unavailable. Night Raven mold was lost in Brazil several years ago. Your best bet is hoping for new molds. The movie Night Raven is said to resemble the classic one a lot, and is rumored for the movie line.

The Joe items are definitely selling. But if Hasbro is worried about the risks involved with larger scale vehicles, they could always sell the bigger items as exclusives

That is their way of thinking however with the movie coming the possibility for larger vehicles at mass market is much greater next year.

I hate to say it, but Star Wars... is Star Wars... it'll sell no matter what. GI Joe on the other hand...

True. The movie is coming next year though, and with Gijoe being one of Hasbro's franchises that they created, the chance for bigger vehicles is greater next year, and retailers are more willing to take risks since the movie line is certain to make money. Surprisingly enough, one of the items that gave retailers faith in bigger items from hasbro, was a giant My Little Pony toy.

With that said a new mold skystriker could be bigger than the original, much smaller than the new Millenium Falcon, and certainly cost much less. Hell the old size was good to begin with, I'd love to see a new mold skystriker, I wouldn't expect it to be 1/18 but I'd want it without electronic gimmicks, no gimmicks that could compromise the proportions. Also the Skystriker is iconic, its the Xwing of gijoe, even though its outdated, you can't replace a classic. A X-wing will sell more units than an E-wing. Same applies for the Night Raven, so I hope the rumored one for the movie line is a good replacement for the vintage one.

But it comes with Lift Ticket, so does that mean they won't reissue the Tomahawk helicopter??

Good question, but I don't think that just because Lift Ticket comes with the Skyhawk means the Tomahawk won't be made. I don't think its likely...most of the vehicles I think are likely for reissue are ones used between 1997-now. Hasbro did get a good number of molds back from overseas in 2004 I believe, but I am not sure if the Tomahawk is one of them, or if it is, if it is in useable condition.

BTW the panel reports say vehicles might come out for Resolute leading into the movie line....so God, man I want a YF-23, new mold, no gimmicks that compromise proportions, and significantly bigger than the Storm Eagle.

Oh yea, Hasbro also unveiled their 3-3/4" Marvel line yesterday. WAY better than Toybiz' Superhero Showdown. Reports from people that have handled the samples at SDCC say they feel much more sturdier than Superhero Showdown. Detail and sculpts are superior to some of the 6" Marvel Legends...and some of the old Toybiz sculptors have lended their assistance, as well as Gentle Giant.

The day when Captain America can kick Duke's ass and lead the joes into battle will come in march. Wolverine and Snake Eyes can finally duke it out to see who is the better written Hama character. Storm Shadow can add the Hand ninjas to his Red Ninja army.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

There's going to be 3-3/4" Marvel line by Hasbro??? Wow. Sounds cool.

Damn, I hope I don't start collecting these too!!

Yes, long rumored, and kicks the pants off Mattel's newly released DC Infinite Heroes line.

Scale is important and emphasized, Wolverine will be shorter than most characters, Hulk is definitely bigger than most, and Galactus and a Sentinel are hinted at. Articulation is on par with the anniversary joes, with some figures having better articulation.

Come spring, let the crossovers commence!

Whoa, that is steep and a major markup for the vehicle 2-packs!!!

:o :o :o

$14.99 is a deal here for them: you get 2 small vehicles and 2 figures with accessories, stands, file cards, and blueprints; while a single carded figure goes for $6.84 at Wal-Mart and $7.99 at Target.

Well, again the only place I can get US carded Joes is either at my friend's store or at West Edmonton Mall... at WEM US carded joes go for between 5 bucks (if the figure is Serpentor and your at Comic King) to 25.00 for some of them at collector's edge (where I also saw the vehicles). So yeah collector's edge jacks up the price, and unless I'm specifically looking for something from an older wave and I can't even find it on Ebay I don't go to them.

At my friend's store I can get the US carded joes for 10.99, and he's only charging his standard normal mark up (but then a small time store could never match walmart and target for pricing anyway, and walmart has the canadian joes of course), that's fine cause once you factor in shipping that's better then asking for someone from Hisstank to send them to me and more reliable since he orders two whole boxes of each wave just for me, and gives me a discount on the price I mentioned.

So yeah, I'm going to see if he can't get me the vehicle packs for less.

Yes, long rumored, and kicks the pants off Mattel's newly released DC Infinite Heroes line.

Scale is important and emphasized, Wolverine will be shorter than most characters, Hulk is definitely bigger than most, and Galactus and a Sentinel are hinted at. Articulation is on par with the anniversary joes, with some figures having better articulation.

Come spring, let the crossovers commence!

Destro get smacked in head by Captain America's mighty shield? I think so...

Anyway sorry for the double post, but I just got intel on another place in edmonton that apparantly has a huge stock of American GI Joes at a reasonable price, won't supplant All Star (my friend's shop) for getting the new stuff... but for the older waves and troop building I'm going to check it out.

Is Hasbro retooling the Baroness or something? Awfully few of her in the 25th line, considering her popularity. Especially if you want a "normal" one, and not drastically-different repaint/remold. (I'd like cartoon colors myself--with the grey/silver gloves, etc)

There's a zillion possible basic repaints of her--pure black, pure dark grey, black with accents, dark grey with accents, etc. Yet all we've seen since the very first 5?-pack are 2 obscure repaints.

PS--where's Cover Girl? Or is she unlikely due to not being able to use many/any existing parts?

Chomed-masked CC, finally?

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach...tachmentid=1761

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach...tachmentid=1747

And I'll get this Scarlett just for the head sculpt:

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach...tachmentid=1776 (why couldn't "cartoon" Lady Jaye get one that nice? Or maybe it's coming as yet another variant)

Is Hasbro retooling the Baroness or something? Awfully few of her in the 25th line, considering her popularity. Especially if you want a "normal" one, and not drastically-different repaint/remold. (I'd like cartoon colors myself--with the grey/silver gloves, etc)

The body has been retooled, the wave 8 figure(not sure which was the variant), had retooled hips so that she could sit correctly. I would not be surprised to see that figure repainted into the cartoon, or v1 colors. I think its inevitable.

Chomed-masked CC, finally?

Yes, brand new, and proportioned correctly(no pin head). Oh, and a functional left hand.

And I'll get this Scarlett just for the head sculpt:

Thats actually made as an homage to Glenda from Action Force

3-3/4" Marvel

PS--where's Cover Girl? Or is she unlikely due to not being able to use many/any existing parts?

Haven't heard anything but considering that she is in the movie next year I think we have a good chance of seeing both her and Classic Ripcord. People seem to think that Classic Ripcord won't be made since movie Ripcord is so different, but this is Hasbro, which LOVES making multiple versions of their characters.