25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Oh, Wraith. I don't really see how he's "robot-y". Thought the very-obviously-robotic BAT was the topic of discussion. :)

Sorry about that. I should have been more specific. Anyways I am quite impressed with Wave 9. BBQ and Bazooka looks a whole lot better. I am patiently waiting for Alpine, Dum Dum's buddy. :lol:

Wraith reminds me of General Grievous. I like the P90 he comes with. My gripes are that Steeler still doesnt get his visor and Ace needs an airmask. Also in the Final battle pack with the Mobat and HISS, is that another Flint in desert uniform?

EDIT: Added Pic.

post-894-1215636047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godzilla

Wraith reminds me of General Grievous. I like the P90 he comes with. My gripes are that Steeler still doesnt get his visor and Ace needs an airmask. Also in the Final battle pack with the Mobat and HISS, is that another Flint in desert uniform?

EDIT: Added Pic.

Yeah it is, let me see if i can't find a pic of him at the JoeCon.

Edit:

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Hasbro-Dealer-...ealer_Room_0036

Only pic i could find.

Joecon_2008_Dealer_Room_0036.jpg

Edited by Veritas

I'm still waiting to see a picture of Wraith actually holding his weapon. The P90's handle is at a really shallow angle, like a classics rifle grip. I've yet to see a Joe that can actually hold that style of gun in a usefull grip.

btw, am I the only one who didn't like the fact that Red Star had a GI Joe base, rather then the Oktober Guard getting it's own base?

I am there with you on that breetai.I would hope they would do all the october guards. Would be nice to have a 3rd faction with an October guard base.

Nice to see the IG's, the greenshirts and that CG pack. Even if I hate that waist ball joint and wish they went Cobra Commander style on the CG's, I'ma have to get that pack.

Want a Cobra blueshirt pack with 4 grunts, 1 NCO/officer. Give them AK-47's instead of SKS...

the Mobat was one of my first GI Joe toys too. Wonder if it will have the motorized tracks.... The Conquest looks much like the vintage. I was kinda hoping they would "realify" it with black/gray engine nozzles and gray/white missiles with markings, if not a low-viz/stealth scheme. Guess thats' what customizing is for...

That Duke would look great except for the ugly ass wrist joint/mold. They need to give him a watch or something and move the joint to the wrist itself.

Edited by Uxi

That Duke would look great except for the ugly ass wrist joint/mold. They need to give him a watch or something and move the joint to the wrist itself.

Even though the picture displays otherwise, reportedly those horrible "duke arms" will finally be fixed with this Tiger Force release.

the Mobat was one of my first GI Joe toys too. Wonder if it will have the motorized tracks....

I heard it does

Even though the picture displays otherwise, reportedly those horrible "duke arms" will finally be fixed with this Tiger Force release.

He will have the fixed arms, unfortunately it doesn't seem like Falcon or the greenshirts will.

Want a Cobra blueshirt pack with 4 grunts, 1 NCO/officer. Give them AK-47's instead of SKS...

I'd buy it. Throw in some bazooka troopers and the upcoming paravipers too.

Also in the Final battle pack with the Mobat and HISS, is that another Flint in desert uniform?

Yeah it is

Sucks, sounds like Flint got dropped according to toynewsi.com

Early images showed a Flint figure would also be included with this set so we went to Hasbro and asked for clarification on that. Here is what they said:

"We had originally planned on including Flint in the Mega Pack, and the image shown at JoeCon was from that stage of product development and image distribution. However when it came time for production he was ultimately cut. We hope to pursue Flint figures in the future as he is a fan favorite!"

Sucks, sounds like Flint got dropped according to toynewsi.com

Early images showed a Flint figure would also be included with this set so we went to Hasbro and asked for clarification on that. Here is what they said:

"We had originally planned on including Flint in the Mega Pack, and the image shown at JoeCon was from that stage of product development and image distribution. However when it came time for production he was ultimately cut. We hope to pursue Flint figures in the future as he is a fan favorite!"

Good, then they should make the cartoon version of him.

Same here----Targets around here now have ONE peg for carded figures, if that. (not one peg full---one peg AVAILABLE and tagged with a price/label) (Still flooded with old comic two-packs though). I think the "way too many" old comic packs are making them decide to stop carrying the whole line. Nobody, I mean nobody, wants "bright blue CC with flourescent yellow stripes".

Yeah, my local stores have lots of the wave 1 and 2 comic packs as well .... and the occasional buzzer, serpentor, or CC.

<_<

Yeah that what all the stores have in stock.

During the last month I've notice something at a few Targets. Not counting the latest movie toys, Target isn't restocking any toy. Look at other Toy lines they are letting the pegs run dry.

Local stores around me are pretty bare too. Nearest Target has had the same figures for months, 1 Scarlet, 1 CC, and a few comic packs. TRU has taken the space for GI Joe and put other toys there. The few remaining Joes they have (TRU exlusives, old comic packs, 1 peg for figures) aren't even located adjacent to each other anymore.

I did finally find the latest comic packs, the wave with Firefly, not sure of the number these days. It was at the walmart nearby, which was shocking as it's the most poorly stocked walmart I've ever seen. Apparently being the only one on the east side of town they can't be bothered to stock it. (And I'm not just talking toys, it's common to see half empty shelves everywhere.)

Looking at the hisstank sightings forums, Phoenix seems to have the latest waves and vehicles all over the place, but they apparently haven't made it down to Tucson. Typical.

I'm glad I ordered my VAMP through BBTS, received it today. It's the one vehicle I really wanted. They made some changes compared to the classic one, but I like it. I do think it was really stupid of Hasbro to give Clutch arms that won't bend 90 degrees at the elbow. Makes it hard to get him to hold the steering wheel. What were they thinking? It's the first figure I've felt the need to trim down an arm so that it can bend properly. At least they included weapons and a figure stand for Clutch, unlike the Target exclusives. And they kindly even listed the name as just Clutch on the base, not "Double Clutch" as they're calling him these days.

Does anyone real like the comic packs in comic colors?

Back in the day they had a limited coloring process. A classic issue is classic because of a memorable story not the colors used.

Targets in my area aren't even worth the time checking. The only time I have to check TRU is Friday nights and the weekend. Their Joe selection is terrible. Last time I was there they had the 3 packs and a few comic packs. They moved the GI joe section to a tiny corner at the end of a Aisle.

I've had really good success finding most of the toys between 2 wal Marts. One near my job, and another near my Apartment. I found 3 of the new vehicles Tuesday night. I bought the vamp and the flight pod sets. I haven't seen any restocks of Wave 9 yet. I still need the Bat.

Does anyone real like the comic packs in comic colors?

Back in the day they had a limited coloring process. A classic issue is classic because of a memorable story not the colors used.

I sort of like the purple/golden Scarlett (although not necessarily in perference over the darkgrey/beige... just sometimes I lean more towards one than the other) and were he a little darker or with more grey/black blended into the blue, the Silent Interlude Snake-eyes would almost be more true 'night ops' than his black outfits. The Silent Interlude Storm Shadow is nowhere near his normal color self, but passable. I think it's basically the day-glow Duke/CC pack and Destro that are really the bad ones.

But, yes, I totally agree that the 'classic' nature of those old comics were more the story than the colors and painting the figures in the limit, often over-bright colors of an 80's comic really doesn't work. You might as well have painted them with the printing dots of the original comic art and heavily lined all their details in black. Actually, the latter might have worked (sort of like the new 'original TMNT' figures based on their comic appearances).

For those who havent heard, the mail-in Docs are out of stock. You are screwed if they did cash your check. Hisstank.com has big story on it.

FAWK. I need to check if they cashed my cheque - that I mailed back in mid-April.

<_<

Anyone buying the 12" Joes? I mean $15 vs the $80 Macross 12" dolls, I dunno but I rather buy the Joes.

They surprisingly look much better in person than online, enough for me to actually consider buying some. I'll wait to see Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes in person. If only they used the super articulated body as standard, and had more clothes.

Does anyone know if the dvd battlepacks will be sold at other retailers besides target and Hasbro? I'm hoping the Wal Mart will carry them because I've been able to find most of my toys there.

Does anyone know if the dvd battlepacks will be sold at other retailers besides target and Hasbro? I'm hoping the Wal Mart will carry them because I've been able to find most of my toys there.

Yes, if Walmart does not have them yet, they should buy the time their summer reset is done, I know its before september. DVD Battle packs are mass market

Yes, if Walmart does not have them yet, they should buy the time their summer reset is done, I know its before september. DVD Battle packs are mass market

Thats great news. There are 5 targets within 25 miles of me and they have been terrible at stocking Joe items since the spring. Every time I go into one, their pegs are completely bare or the still have the CC/ Duke or Scarlett/ Destro comic packs as the only items. So my faith in getting the dvd battlepacks is fairly low.