25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Thanks for the great info Gozilla ... so it does look like Classic line is ending, but new 25th style figures will appear under the movie line banner. And I agree with Southpaw Samurai, I hope the characters still have their classic looks and NOT movie style.

Well since I buy 2 of everything one for MOC and one to open unless they are troopers (I buy army builders) then I save money. Somehow the new logo doesnt do it for me from the movie. I guess they stop use the red white and blue because of world politics and crap. I am with you guys if the figures are dressed up in black armored suits, I am stopping altogether. Gives me more money to save for the yam...errr plane tickets, ring, wedding...

Anyways, so I am hearing that once the movie comes out and they releast the Hall of Heros, Hasbro will end the classic 25th line? I read this before Hisstank went down again...

I agree with what David said:

I expect there will be many "guys who didn't appear in the movie" in the new movie line, that look exactly how their 25th Ann figure would have been.

For example look at the current Indiana Jones line. We do have figures from the new movie, but we also have figures from the old movie, in the same packaging, just different inserts denoting which movie they are form. Instead, look for what is being done on waves 8 and beyond; something to denote "from the cartoon" or "from the movie" or "from RAH era". I honestly don't see classic stuff going away especially when next year is the year we can see the big stuff happening, like bigger vehicles that we keep begging for, and the like.

I am with you guys if the figures are dressed up in black armored suits, I am stopping altogether. Gives me more money to save for the yam...errr plane tickets, ring, wedding...

For me its all dependent on if it works well in the movie. I'm a fan of armor, so long as movement isn't hindered(which made all the armored Star Brigade figures suck!)

And I agree with Southpaw Samurai, I hope the characters still have their classic looks and NOT movie style.

I think we will all have nothing to worry about.

The only jealousy that might stir in me is the amount of disposable income one must have to splurge on 160 BATS...

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up paying extra for those things so early. He usually does get stuff pretty early, even back in the day, during the "new sculpt" years.wonder what the profits were like on the line... hard to tell how skewed they were by retailers not reordering until shelves were clear, etc (despite my efforts to help by picking up a few, it's STILL just a Buzzer and two Hawk/Scarletts at my nearest Target).

See thats one of the biggest questions on my mind as well. Its been noted that this is indeed a collector's line, but just how many collectors were buying it as opposed to scalpers? Now I do ask that because more often than not, many of our fellow collectors have had to resort to ebay or to scalpermeets to get figures. Now sure, if you are a collector and want to sell on ebay no one is going to call you a scalper, but there are definitely genuine scalpers preying on this line. In the end, I want to know whats really going on; are most of these figures being bought by collectors so quickly that demand supply cannot be replenished, or are retailers just wary of ordering sufficient amounts because the movie and cartoon isn't currently on yet?

See thats one of the biggest questions on my mind as well. Its been noted that this is indeed a collector's line, but just how many collectors were buying it as opposed to scalpers? Now I do ask that because more often than not, many of our fellow collectors have had to resort to ebay or to scalpermeets to get figures. Now sure, if you are a collector and want to sell on ebay no one is going to call you a scalper, but there are definitely genuine scalpers preying on this line. In the end, I want to know whats really going on; are most of these figures being bought by collectors so quickly that demand supply cannot be replenished, or are retailers just wary of ordering sufficient amounts because the movie and cartoon isn't currently on yet?

Whatever the case is, I am becoming completely infuriated with the distribution of Joes here in Raleigh, NC. It seems as if all of the stores in my area (and there are a surprising number of them) get one case, and that's it. Once it's gone, you have to wait for God knows how long before you see any more. I saw Flash a grand total of ONCE. I can also say the same about the HISS Driver. I still have yet to see Major Bludd, Tiger Flint, or Python Officer at all, and I've been hunting pretty consistently for them. The price of gas is seriously starting to hamper my hunts, though, especially since I'm driving a muscle car.

I just don't know if I can attribute the lack of figures in my area to scalpers or super retarded distribution. I kinda lean towards the latter, as some Star Wars things are also quite difficult to find around here. The problem with ordering more of a wave can backfire, though, when the people placing the orders don't know what's going to be in demand and when. For instance, there's a Wal-Mart near me which has wave 6 revisions clogging up the pegs. More Torpedos, Rock 'n Rolls, Armored Cobra Commanders, Iron Grenadier Destros, and Crimson Guards than you can shake a stick at. If anybody out there needs some and would trade for any of the ones I listed above, I'd be more than willing.

In the end, I want to know whats really going on; are most of these figures being bought by scalpers/collectors so quickly that demand supply cannot be replenished, or are retailers just wary of ordering sufficient amounts because the movie and cartoon isn't currently on yet?

For the record, I edited Shin's post above slightly. IMO, it's the friggin scalpers that are buying every frakking 25th Joe in sight ... just look at ALL the listings on eBay for them. I've had to resort to eBay a few times for the few Joes I've NEVER seen at retail. And when the Target exclusive vehicles were released I was hassled by the store manager who limited each buyer to 2 vehicles on release day. I had to go back the next day to get the final vehicle.

But Shin brought up a good point: with the big movie next year, maybe stores are waiting for the public momentum/interest to build, hence the low supplies at retail??

It seems as if all of the stores in my area (and there are a surprising number of them) get one case, and that's it.

Similar story where I am ... but stores usually get a new case once a month or so ...

Edited by Vermillion21

Whatever the case is, I am becoming completely infuriated with the distribution of Joes here in Raleigh, NC. It seems as if all of the stores in my area (and there are a surprising number of them) get one case, and that's it. Once it's gone, you have to wait for God knows how long before you see any more. I saw Flash a grand total of ONCE. I can also say the same about the HISS Driver. I still have yet to see Major Bludd, Tiger Flint, or Python Officer at all, and I've been hunting pretty consistently for them. The price of gas is seriously starting to hamper my hunts, though, especially since I'm driving a muscle car.

I just don't know if I can attribute the lack of figures in my area to scalpers or super retarded distribution. I kinda lean towards the latter, as some Star Wars things are also quite difficult to find around here. The problem with ordering more of a wave can backfire, though, when the people placing the orders don't know what's going to be in demand and when. For instance, there's a Wal-Mart near me which has wave 6 revisions clogging up the pegs. More Torpedos, Rock 'n Rolls, Armored Cobra Commanders, Iron Grenadier Destros, and Crimson Guards than you can shake a stick at. If anybody out there needs some and would trade for any of the ones I listed above, I'd be more than willing.

I am having other hisstank members in the Atlanta area help me buy stuff and I sent them money. I give a little extra for gas since gas aint cheap. How do you think I got 15 Vipers? So far I have 30. No I am not scalping. I just want a huge army. The airforce I have needs troops to hold the ground. ^_^ As for having 160 BATs, that would be one hellva battle diorama scene but i wouldnt get that much. (or so I think.)

Oooh Crimson Guards. I need to build my army of CGs as well. Whatcha looking for?

Guess I'm not getting any Joes. I've a few different Cobra figures, but I've never found the Joes I'm interested in. I just saw the remnants of wave 8, but the guys I wanted were in wave 7. I need Bazooka, for a kitbash. So, if I can't wave 9 when it comes out, I'm gonna get riled.

Request:

Has anyone ever seen a hooded Cobra Commander like THIS: http://www.yojoe.com/action/variations/cob...mander25var.jpg The one on the right. See his buckles on his leg?

I really want one with the "fixed" buckles---but I've never heard/seen of anyone finding one other than that one at YoJoe.com Even apparently "new stock" CC's still have the all-gold buckle. If anyone hear knows of/sees one with the more detailed (read: more black paint) buckles, please let me know---or just buy it if you find it at retail, I'll buy it off you.

(secondary request---I kinda like the mis-matched dark-hood one, and it is canon to me, so that'd be OK too---basically I want any version other than the most common one--I just can't find any of them)

god, I remember in the 90's reading Lee's and Tomart's for Action Figure/Toy news. Then the internet happened.

My how times have changed.

They've actually been able to get exclusive scoops from Hasbro and Mattel before the internet sites get wind of them, unlike Toyfare, which surprises me.

I really want one with the "fixed" buckles---but I've never heard/seen of anyone finding one other than that one at YoJoe.com Even apparently "new stock" CC's still have the all-gold buckle. If anyone hear knows of/sees one with the more detailed (read: more black paint) buckles, please let me know---or just buy it if you find it at retail, I'll buy it off you.

The only one I've seen personally is the wave 8 battle helmet version with the MASS device crystals, haven't seen the hooded one with the fixed buckles.

Python Patrol trooper has fixed crotch and what feels like fixed elbows. The figure moves way better than before. Wave 8 Snake Eyes turned out surprisingly well, and is surprisingly the one usually missing aside Major Bludd on pegs.

I went the walmart near my gym and workplace. I found a roadblock, python patrol officer, wave 8 viper, and CC with the mass device crystal. I saw Hooded CC but I couldnt tell the darker head or not. No fixed buckles though.

okies! my friend who runs a hobby shop here has just ordered me two copies each of

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

Comic Pack Wave 3

Comic Pack Wave 4

So I'll have them nice and still in factory sealed box then I'll open on and keep one MOC.

On another note I was looking at figures from other lines that would work for generic joes, and the Hulkbuster Squad for the new hulk movie makes a pretty cool stealth team of generic joes.

Just thought I'd let anyone interested know that Target had a Shark w/grand slam fig on clearance in my area for like 7 bucks. It was black though.

After reading about Godzilla's eBay win for SDCC exclusive 25th anniversary Pimp Daddy Destro, I just realized there is another 2007 Joe Convention exclusive: Rowdy Roddy Piper from the o' WWF days!!!

:o :o :o

Holy S---!!! I had no idea, it looks cool, but is way friggin "more than banana Stalker" expensive ....

Link to the auction (MOC figure signed by the man himself): http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-2007-Con-25th-...Q2em118Q2el1247

Pics:

post-3878-1213164195_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1213164204_thumb.jpg

After reading about Godzilla's eBay win for SDCC exclusive 25th anniversary Pimp Daddy Destro, I just realized there is another 2007 Joe Convention exclusive: Rowdy Roddy Piper from the o' WWF days!!!

Holy S---!!! I had no idea, it looks cool, but is way friggin "more than banana Stalker" expensive ....

Link to the auction (MOC figure signed by the man himself): http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-2007-Con-25th-...Q2em118Q2el1247

Pics:

there's only 1000 pieces and it's sure to appertiate in value since it's got value with two different fanbases, there's another auction up for a mint/signed one... and I'm thinking about it.

Oh yeah. He is my holy Grail for the 25th Anniversay Joes. He is way too expensive. I almost made a bid but stop myself. I bought too many expensive toys like the CMs legioss/Tread set and the Destro figs. On a seperate note, I got 4 more vipers at the Target I swung by. I used the Target coupon too. Nice to save $5.

Pics:

there's only 1000 pieces and it's sure to appertiate in value since it's got value with two different fanbases, there's another auction up for a mint/signed one... and I'm thinking about it.

This guy's waaaaaaaayyyyyy TOO expensive for my meager toy budget.

:blink:

Best of luck to you and Godzilla on acquring him ....

Wahoo I got him! Mission complete.

Were you bidding on the signed one? or the 85 gradded unsigned one? If it's the latter you were bidding against me... *grumbles*

edit: never mind the one I was bidding on is still up. *but now too expensive for me*

Anyway Congrats.

Edited by lord_breetai

Oooh Crimson Guards. I need to build my army of CGs as well. Whatcha looking for?

Still have 5 CG's on the pegs at a nearby Wally World. They are just absolutely overrun with wave 6. Someone over-ordered in a huge way.

I'm looking for Flash, all of comic pack wave 4, and all of the newest vehicles (particularly the VAMP).

Wow. Congrats.

May I ask, how much did it cost? An arm, a leg, or both?

:lol:

My spleen and one kidney as well. <_< I must be nuts but still I got it for $230 and change. Not bad considering he has been going for a lot higher. Roddy Rod Piper I got lucky as it ended on Monday night and no one was really looking. I threw in a bid since I saw it was 15 min left when I was watching. I pretty much expected to lose sinc ethe bid was at $227 and I threw in my bid of the minimum $2.50. I fairly certain there would be a mad rash of bidding to kingdom come. I went on to Xbox Live and played Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and completely forgot about the auction. This was around 10PM EST. I stopped playing around midnight and I decided to check the auction. I was pretty surprised I won the auction with the little bidding I put in.

Man this month is already expensive... SDCC Destros, Roddy Rod Piper, 3x CMs legioss/Tread... damn

Why does Piper's card painting make him look like Roman, your cousin in Grand Theft Auto IV? :blink:

He should come with a pair of sun glasses so he can fight Roadblock for twenty minutes in an alley to get him to put on the shades and see the aliens walking among them.

YES! That would be awesome. I loved that movie.

I picked up the Arctic Gear Snake Eyes, and the Snake Eyes with the two bowie knives on his chest (i'm so lost when it comes to what wave they're in) recently at different Wal-Mart's. Also in regards to David's claim for finding a CC with the properly painted leg buckles, i noticed that all of the newest CC with the Mass Device piece have properly painted leg buckles including the TV accurate helmet. I have a photo on my cell phone that I haven't had a chance to upload. Also i found whatever wave has Arctic SE and the TV CC at a Super Wal-Mart out in the middle of nowhere, so i just happened to get lucky (didn't buy the CC, but there were like 4 of them so i'm not worried). There's supposed to be a super wal-mart that's going to open up a few miles from where i live in the next month, so i might stop in there to see if they get the new goods in.

EDIT:

Just looked back a page; realized you were looking for a fixed buckle hooded CC, well you could always pick up a Fixed Buckle Mass Device CC and then swap heads with the same effect.

Edited by emajnthis