25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Yeesh! I never saw those! That's freakin' pathetic! The few I saw down at Another Dimension must have been US imports.

Randomly, I've seen American 25th Ani figures in Calgary Wal-Mart. Some stores just imported straight from the U.S. instead of Hasbro Canada but Hasbro Canada confirms they are not allowed to do that anymore. All I was able to get was a U.S. Crimson Guard v1 and a Armored Cobra Commander (cards were bent though).

How much was Another Dimension charging for them BTW? They are $8 at Wal-Mart.

Edited by ComicKaze

How will that Lady Jaye be different from the "cartoon" one in the DVD set? Repaint only?

I think its the same one, I don't think she is in a comic pack.

The DVD set she comes in is a letdown though. One piece of the Mass Device, then 2 figures I already have. I'm not the fondest person of the cartoon, the main reason I like the battle packs is because they are a bargain, and I've always liked buying multipacks.

Randomly, I've seen American 25th Ani figures in Calgary Wal-Mart. Some stores just imported straight from the U.S. instead of Hasbro Canada but Hasbro Canada confirms they are not allowed to do that anymore. All I was able to get was a U.S. Crimson Guard v1 and a Armored Cobra Commander (cards were bent though).

I know a few smaller stores in Edmonton import them, and I know of one that's still doing it (and he puts full sets aside for me yay!)

At Edmonton Walmart all I've seen are the odly packaged Canadian ones.

cool!

love the hairdo on lady jaye, having been watching the old original cartoon at the moment, its better to see the cartoon look IMO

Hasbro announced that the SDCC exclusive will be hooded Cobra Commander in a suit. And like last year there will be two versions but both will be produced in higher numbers than last year's Destro.

AD is all sold out now. I got Beachhead for $14.99.

Edited by Penguin

Target report: WTF. Same as last week, which is the same as the week before that. 6x Scarlett comic packs, not a single thing else. Yeesh.

Sounds like the Targets around here, although they've been that way for a couple of months. Only difference is that some of them also have a Ripper or two.

At least they did get the exclusive vehicles in at one point to break up the monotony.

Picked up Snake Eyes v3 today. Love him. I wish the sword had holes in it. Seem to remember the vintage having holes. STill have the vintage fig but can't find the sword for hte life of me. :(

I think they made the Uzi too big, especially the grip. I like the knives and the NVGs. The 3 piece rod is pretty weird for Snake Eyes to have, but love the rest of the fig. Oh yeah, I hate the ball joint at the mid torso. Such a bad spot for it. I think I would prefer a plain swivel waist to that ball.

Seem to remember the vintage having holes.

It did

I think they made the Uzi too big, especially the grip.

Agreed!

STill have the vintage fig but can't find the sword for hte life of me. sad.gif

If you have any ninja joes/cobras from 2002-05, chances are you have that sword. It was reissued to death during those years. KB has VVV single figures, and the Night Creeper has that sword.

Quick confirmation/question: What color hair does Wave 9 Hawk have?

I saw an early picture with what looked like blond eyebrows (then again, the head looked like Duke's), but more recent pictures (like this one

hawk02scaled600zm7.th.jpg )

have brunette eyebrows, so I'm thinking the hair will match (and match the original figure).

I might use the comic book pack head... I'm more an old school comic book Hawk fan, although I have always liked the bomber jacket/camo pants outfit).

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Quick confirmation/question: What color hair does Wave 9 Hawk have?

Blonde. Brunette variant shouldn't be hard to do at all for Hasbro.

Anyone know which wave Major Bludd is part of? He's shown on the cardbacks of the wave 7 figures, but I don't think he been released yet.

Wave 8, he was pushed back twice. I am most likely passing, sure its an homage to the vintage figure with no moving right elbow, but that irritates me. Will wait for another version of Bludd with full articulation everywhere.

Gah, what's the point of having removeable knives on Snake Eyes V3 if ya' don't have him using them?

Not too shabby of a figure. But you can definitely tell he's decked out half ninja, half commando with his arms and torso giving off a definite ninja vibe and his legs and waist still looking like commando gear.

I still think of V2 as Snake's iconic look (with V1 being his original and most pure commando look). But this one is alright........especially because of those REMOVEABLE knives! :ph34r:

Now can someone tell Hasbro to start re-releasing some of those previous waves?

Cool! But no Flash (in most of those re-releases) makes Mog a pissed-off moggle. mad.gif

Thats just the first revision case though....

FYI: People are speculating that the re-release of some the previous wave figures won't have the 25th Anniversary logo ... if you care about such things.

I don't since I open everything I buy. The 25th Anniversary was last year to be technical. I see these figures continuing alongside the movie ones though, maybe called "G.I. Joe Legends", basically having figures based on older series along or in the movie line. The same approach Star Wars and the Indiana Jones line are taking.

My first Doc arrived on April 25th (had to go back and check the post I made about it) and that one was ordered back in January (they only started shipping in April). I had sent in a second order early in April (partially as a backup in case the first got lost) and that one hasn't had it's check cashed yet, so it may be slow going ransoming back the good Dr.Greer for those who put in their orders in April/May.

I still have to find a decent looking Wild Bill and Spirit... I'm assuming some have a good paint job. Still, even with a great paint job, Spirit's head will irk me. WB's pin head is one thing, but Spirit almost looks like some grandfather who's not wearing his dentures. I think they went a little too overboard on making his face ethnically correct.

Anyone know a good site that gives some tips or instructions on customizing the 25th anniversary Joes? I've come across some good generic action figure tutorials and have some experience from ages go with older toys, but I haven't seen anything specific on the best way of taking apart the 25th anniversary ones. The reason I ask is that I have a woman at my place of work who's an Army reservist and recognized and got a kick out of a sticker I placed on one of our equipment carts that features my co-workers as Joes, so I figured I'd try to do up a custom Scarlett (she even has a similar facial structure to the 25th ann. version) as a fun little thing (I wound up with a couple of Scarletts trying to help clean out my local Target and because Hawk can make a good generic body). I'd prefer going through a few ruining them in customizing than in learning how to get them apart and back together.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

I saw an early picture with what looked like blond eyebrows (then again, the head looked like Duke's), but more recent pictures (like this one

hawk02scaled600zm7.th.jpg )

have brunette eyebrows, so I'm thinking the hair will match (and match the original figure).

I might use the comic book pack head... I'm more an old school comic book Hawk fan, although I have always liked the bomber jacket/camo pants outfit).

Ugh, I hate hate hate that ball joint. Why coudln't they give him the Cobra Commander waist jacket at least, with a new sculpt around it? Ditto for the CG.