25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I've seen a lot of the second wave of the first round here (fixed crotch, two pegs on the stand). I also found that TRU was hit with the sticker thieves as well. I'm trying to inform them of what's been going on, and so far they've all been receptive to it.

Sticker thieves? What do you mean?

New pics of another upcoming HISS tank and the VAMP!!: Linky. Looks like Clutch got stuck with the Duke arms.

@sidearmsalpha, Metal_Massacre_79 mentioned earlier that some idiots are stealing the "Rescue Doc" stickers from the comic packs. They jack the stickers and then reseal the packages with tape.

Little request:

I know some people prefer the "Fred" figure from the comics as opposed to the carded CG due to the helmet. But I actually like the helmeted ones better for most troops, but like "Fred" unmasked (for variety). However, the only Fred I could find for a while had a little paint smudge or something on his nose, and it can't be removed. But, if he was masked, it wouldn't make a difference.

So---anyone willing to trade a "Fred head"? I'd really like a "flawless" head so I can display him unmasked all the time. If you like using masked Freds, the condition of his nose paint shouldn't matter to you.

Yeah, I found Wave 7 yesterday night too. I apparently went to one of my local Walmart's just as they were setting out boxes for a restock. Had a good handful of Wave 7 boxes too!

Wound up just picking up a single Wild Bill and a single Viper.

It looks like they're packing the Vipers two to a pack (the new Snake Eyes also comes two to a pack), so hopefully, some of the kinder souls out there won't go crazy and will leave the remaining Viper for others to pick up (a longshot, I know :rolleyes: ).

Wild Bill's definitely cool. But for those of you hoping to do some double-barreled/"guns aimed in the same direction" poses with ol' Bill, you'll be somewhat limited due to the bulk of his vest.

The Vipers have a fairly unique sculpt and design set-up. Posed without his rifle, his hands look a little odd and weirdly positioned (They look great if you're posing the Viper in a Thai boxer stance, but odd if you're making him stand at attention.). But holding the rifle, the hands work just fine.

The goggles are also a little too fidgety for my tastes. They can't be pushed down on the Vipers "eyes" (ala Snow Job), and they have a tendancy to pop off when you're posing the head.

......Now if I could just find fraking Wave 5 and 6!! :angry: Need me some Flash, Torpedo, and IG Destro!

Flash and IG Destro are rather elusive. It took me a long time to find IG Destro, and I found mine at Kmart of all places.

I am itching to find wave 7, but after what seemed like an eternity trying to find waves 5 and 6, I am waiting a while before actively looking. Finding waves 5/6 was a waste of time, and gas. I love the thrill of the hunt, which motivates me to wait for retail release, but with this line its a pain.

Most of the ones at Hasbro's site are sold out, and have been for a long time. There's pretty much "sold out" and "pre-order". Not much actually in stock besides shelf-warmer Buzzer, and some recent comic packs.

Got all of wave seven today minus the viper and hiss tank driver. All seem pretty cool with my least favorite being the Duke. Most of the last wave are easy to find here and there is an IG destro that has been on the walmart rack for like a week, no bad dings either. I'm guessing most of the collectors who had been hitting our stores have moved or just don't have the money to keep it up because the last 6-7 months here have been really easy prey.

Meh, even when I was like 10 the X-30 wasn't that cool, and I owned it. Give me a Rattler/Skystriker/NightRaven.

I wonder why we haven't seen the Cobra Moray yet---we know the mold for that was still usable quite recently. Plus we have Eels coming. I *love* the Moray. And just missed out on all the re-releases (didn't know about them until recently), I haven't seen one since my original.

I think it's the gimmicks--while I hate gimmicks on TF's (transforming is the gimmick, anything else compromises that), I love gimmicks and moving parts on Joe toys. The NightRaven has tons, the X-30 has almost nothing. The Moray has several, especially good considering its size.

And just missed out on all the re-releases (didn't know about them until recently)

You weren't missing much, the one I got had absolutely horrible quality control. Maybe its mold degradation, or I got a total lemon, but I was extremely disappointed with mine. I had the one with Beach Head and Flint. So bad that the opening missle compartment in the front did not work well at all, one of the holes for a "cockpit" up front was not drilled in at all, and that mechanism on the bottom to fold out the 2 contraptions with fins did not work right at all. I was honestly surprised when I put this one together. Looks and plays great if you can find one that is stable. I have a good feeling the originals were far more sturdier.

The Moray has several, especially good considering its size.

True, I'd definitely pick one up granted they fix it up if they ever plan to reissue it again.

I think it's the gimmicks--while I hate gimmicks on TF's (transforming is the gimmick, anything else compromises that), I love gimmicks and moving parts on Joe toys.

I agree on that, but only with the original RAH vehicles, the DTC vehicles, and very few of the vehicles between 2002-2005. The Night Attack Chopper was brilliant. The DTC RHINO, and ROCC are excellent. The Thunderwing.....my god did that thing suffer for the gimmick! Its a bloated 2 seater F-22....and could have looked a lot better without its bomb dropping gimmick, missle launchers, and sights. The older vehicles dealt with proportions much better. Like the Mamba. THAT is the ultimate Cobra helicopter

Of course I only meant the "golden age" of Joe vehicles for gimmicks being good. Basically, "the 80's". :)

PS--yes, the Mamba rocks. Blows away any Joe copter. Needed a cooler pilot though. The Gyro-Viper just plain doesn't look cool, and nowadays makes you think of a pita.

PS--yes, the Mamba rocks. Blows away any Joe copter. Needed a cooler pilot though. The Gyro-Viper just plain doesn't look cool, and nowadays makes you think of a pita

True. The Mamba is the most menacing helicopter I have ever seen. If it were in Rambo III in place of the HIND, I'm sure Rambo's head would have just exploded by looking at it.

Gyro Viper was one of the Vipers that didn't look cool, a mishmash of TARGAT and Night Viper would have been far better. At least Interrogator looked cool.

I've never even heard of the Mamba. I always liked the Dragonfly as a kid though. (I think that was the name, it's been a while though.) When I was still playing with Joes back then the only helicopters were the Dragonfly and the Fang.

I've still got my original Skystriker through. It's the only Joe vehicle I kept.

Shin, do you happen to know what the price is supposed to be on the upcoming vehicles (VAMP in particular)?

VAMP will retail for $14.99, you can see it on HTS.com:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...=21688&PG=1

Thanks for that. Looks like BBTS's markup isn't too bad so I'll go ahead and preorder. I have to get the VAMP as it was my first GIJoe toy and always was one of my favorites, and the Targets/Walmarts near me have been really bad about getting new stuff. It's still all Ripper/Hooded Cobra Commander around here.

WTF, Canada only gets generic cards that are either Cobra or Gi Joe? That's pretty pathetic.

Nothing on the card about the individual toy. That's horrible. I'm not going to be buying any of these in Canada... sigh. I hate how toys work this way. It's always been this way since I was a kid. I remember back in 1994, I had to goto the states to buy Exosquad, Star Trek, and Robotech toys because they were too lazy to release Canadian packaging versions or to sell them here.

The Mamba is just all kinds of awesome. The rotors are like "angled cruciform with bent blades" configuration or something. And they're geared so they "overlap and mesh" yet never hit each other. http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/mamba/ Yes, they are supposed to be angled like that, that's what makes it cool.

Shin, do you happen to know what the price is supposed to be on the upcoming vehicles (VAMP in particular)?

Thats a mid-sized vehicle, and will be $14.99, the black HISS with Rip-It will be the same price. There are smaller vehicles in 2 packs for the same price, the same assortment that has Serpentor's Air Chariot and the Trouble Bubble.

We are also getting a Cobra Stinger and C.L.A.W.

Destro's DOMINATOR needs to be rereleased, that vehicle was awesome. Not sure if I posted this here yet, but a Firebat is rumored for release too. It was listed along with the SHARC and in the same assortment. Now that the SHARC in white has been revealed in the gijoeclub newsletter, I think the Firebat listing is actually legit.

I am hoping they re-release the GI Joe Skyhawk. Not an impressive vehicle, I know ... but it was always on the cartoon and I never got one. It's a nice army builder vehicle.

Havocs would be nice too ...

Hrmf, really wish they would have released the Skystriker first instead of the X-30.

All the Conquest got going for it is those swept-forward wings.

Heck, I'd even take the Phantom X-19 over the Conquest. Granted the design of the X-19's wings is impractical as hell, but she's got some wicked curves and can fit two figures in her.

Start checking your Targets guys, wave 7 is OUT in the east coast! I saw them myself this morning, but the store I went to only got 1 case in. I am very impressed by Wild Bill and Snake Eyes. Wild Bill shares a mold with Ace but its way better on Wild Bill. I believe David suggested that the mold may have been meant for Wild Bill all along, and I think this is true. His vest gets in the way of his arms, so he can't bring them inwards too his chest as much, but he can still manage some good gunslinging poses.

Snake Eyes in this wave screams commando more than any other version thus far in the anniversary wave. From what I can tell he is comprised of completely new parts, even his old weapons and backpack weren't reused, the ones included look all new to me. Mobility is GREAT, far better than the other anniversary SE figures, and his night goggles are pegged into the side of his head, and can swivel downwards or removed. The silenced uzi can hook onto a strap that is on his shoulder. Also, rather than being molded in grey, he has a gloss black paint job, and this looks great in person. Aside nostalgia reasons, I don't see why anyone would like the vintage version over this figure. In 2000, there was a repaint of the vintage version in Ninja force colors(but that time around it was mettalic blue and black as opposed to bright blue) and a painted flag on the right thigh. If this figure is repainted in that paint scheme, it would be worth picking up too. If you have yet to pick Snake Eyes, don't want too many, and only want 1, make it the wave 7 Snake Eyes. I have 6 anniversary versions of Snake Eyes so far, and by far, the wave 7 one is the best. I would rank the SE's I own from the anniversary line like this:

1-Wave 7 SE

2-Wave 3 comic pack Battle damaged SE

3-wave 1 SE

4-Red Ninja battle pack SE

5-wave 5 black SE

6-battle pack joe set SE

Spirit is a solid figure but disssapointing. He has the same awkward gun holding syndrome that the comic pack Crimson Guard figure had. At least his eagle can perch on his right arm well. The head sculpt sits too low, and overall as much as I like most of his parts are seperate molds, it hurts the look, as the parts of his costume look too bulky.

HISS driver serves his purpose of fitting into the HISS without trouble. However he is molded in red plastic that looks cheap.

The Viper is great, but his hands will irritate some of you. They are at an outwards angle and while he can hold his rifle well with his right hand, his left hand at best, is good for holding the underside of the rifle or grenade launcher. Oh and his goggles? Yea, they will piss all of you off. Not only do they not fit over his visor, they fall off at the slightest moment. All of you who are planning to open this figure, BE CAREFUL WITH THE GOGGLES!. Mine fell in my car and it took me a long while to find it. The goggles are not secure at all, and would have benefitted from a secure connection like a peg. Other than that, this figure blows away the vintage Viper.

Anyways, hope you guys find this wave soon. In my opinion this is the best wave, even topping wave 5.

Congrats on the wave 7 find Shin ... you lucky dog!!

Thanks man! I've been itching for this wave, for MONTHS. Having no new anniversary joes to buy felt weird.

And I agree with Mog - bring on the Phantom X-19 ... although it would take up a lot of space...

Same here, I love that plane! My neighbor broke mine years ago. I'd love to have another one. The sticker designs were awesome, and the pilot was very fitting for the plane, his personality was perfect for it. The way I look at it, for a stealth fighter, who would want the Thunderwing over that? Best stealth fighter for the joes EVER! Now that I think of it, it was like the joe's version of the Night Raven(aside the Sky Raven).

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

BE CAREFUL WITH THE GOGGLES!. Mine fell in my car and it took me a long while to find it.

What do you take your toys out of the package in the car?

You're under ten years old aren't you? Cause only little kids can't wait to get home. 1983 I just had to take Luke out of the package in the car. It was at night. Dropped the saber and Luke was reduced to defending himself with a tooth pick!

What do you take your toys out of the package in the car?

You're under ten years old aren't you? Cause only little kids can't wait to get home.

Yes I take them out of package, no I am not under 10. I had to be somewhere else and run errands, so I had time to kill between places.

Even if you were to open the Viper package at home, the goggles might still fall off, remain in the bubble, and be discarded on accident. The goggles are not secure at all. Or they could fall into the carpet and accidentally vacuumed. Everyone complained about the first wave figures, and their inability to hold their weapons securely. This is far worse. Made even worse because the goggles are tiny.