25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Hate those multi-packs. Snake Eyes versus the Red Ninjas could have been very cool if it was an ordinary Snake Eyes v3. As is, it's still pretty decent to build up some more red ninjas.

I hate the 3 packs. I would have liked 2 regular CG's with a CG officer. The variant hooded Cobra Commander is neat but the nature of that set precludes army building, as does the Cobra trooper one (who in their right mind wouldn't have the smurfy blue CC yet, yet still want that set? That set SHOULD have been 2 regular Cobra troopers and a Cobra officer (maybe).

They need to do some sets like they had for the old 3 3/4. Something like 4 CG's, red CC, red Baroness. All in one, army builder with the variants.

Looks like I may have spoke to soon if these next waves are what was just listed. I'm kinda confused by Hardball though. I hope he has the same gun. That thing was sweet.

Completely agree with Uxi about the 3 packs. If you are going to do army builder sets you should at least include multiples of the same trooper.

The Joe bug has bitten me hard these last 2 wks. I've bought Shipwreck, lady Jaye, Serpenter, Scarlet& Hawk, Duke& CC, Red Ninja, and Zartan.

Who are the peg warmers in your respective areas? In my area I see lots of Buzzers, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, and Hooded CC's. I see alot of the 2 packs as well. It seems the Dreadnock set are the rarest, while I see plenty of the others.

Completely agree with Uxi about the 3 packs. If you are going to do army builder sets you should at least include multiples of the same trooper.

Thats not the army builder. Those are the sets that were originally named "rank evolution sets". Its basically what they still are, no idea why they changed the name. The army builders are the 5 packs. There is a Crimson Guard one, Snake Eyes vs Red Ninjas(the single pack version is superior btw in my eyes), and Firefly vs 4 gijoe greenshirts. I hope the greenshirts are done very well. I just recently found the Crimson guard figure for the first time, and it is one of my favorite anniversary figures(btw, I've noticed wave 5's quality is far superior to previous waves. Most joints are not hindered at all, Snowjob's skirt is soft enough to enable hip movement, elbows can be bent 90 degrees, hip joints are tight, all weapons can be held, and the feet retain their grip on the stands better). I hope the Crimson guard pack has removable helmets and turns out great, like the DTC CG set from a few years back that I missed out on.

Who are the peg warmers in your respective areas?

Hooded cobra commander, but surprisingly he is the only figure I usually find. Before then it was Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes v2. Wave 1 comic packs are starting to hit hard, but wave 2 is harder to find.

Looks like I may have spoke to soon if these next waves are what was just listed.

The list I posted on saturday may be bogus, as I read the original thread it was from and it was one of those "my grandma works here or knows so and so and says ....". Unless I hear otherwise, I'm still looking at it as a rumor but I'm starting to doubt its legitimacy. For those of you who want to dig, you can call your walmarts up, ask them to put the numbers in the computer, and if the listing comes up with the exact names, its legit.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a Ninja viper yet. Hopefully one is made. We definitely need an Ace v3 and Night Viper. I have a strange fascination with clear plastic, so I hope we get a translucent Shadow Ninja Storm Shadow. The original figure's gimmick sucked, the figure was brittle, and was badly executed, but the premise was cool, and I'd love to see s translucent Storm Shadow figure.

I'm itching to see what will be unveiled next month at toyfair.

Who the heck was Mangler SM??

Mangler was one of those made-up Joes Hama used from time to time to have a death without killing off one of Hasbro's money makers (Coolbreeze is the other one that comes to mind... there may have been others before the big floodgate where he was allowed to kill off a ton of figured characters). I think he was in one of the Special Mission comics (which may be what the 'SM' stands for). I don't remember much except he was something of a young, cocky, punk who sacrificed himself to save the mission and the rest of the team.

Why does the 3-pack Grunt look both in appearance and in the paint job like he ate all the team's fudge cake and is worried the rest of the Joe's will realize it's him? I sort of liked the half-done attempt at stubble on Breaker... it fits his original painting and is a nice balance between full-bearded cartoon and no beard comic... and Breaker seems to be one who would allow some stubble to grow. Grunt, on the other hand, always struck me as a more clean-cut, by-the-book sort of soldier.

I hope the lists for 9/10, etc are legit... like the lineup for the most part (as mentioned earlier, Alley Vipers were too-late, too-garish for me and I have to agree... Hardball? If we're going to get an MGL wielding trooper, can't we accidentally get Poncho from Predator instead of a guy wearing a white baseball uniform into battle? :p ).

Ok why Covergirl? I mean she should not be by herself. She should have her Wolverine. Then when are we getting Steeler and Clutch? We ever getting the VAMP and MOBAT? How about the Mauler and the WHALE? Why are they going for the v2 Rock N Roll? They also need to release Monkeywrench and Zandar for the complete Zartan gang.

Ok why Covergirl? I mean she should not be by herself. She should have her Wolverine. Then when are we getting Steeler and Clutch? We ever getting the VAMP and MOBAT? How about the Mauler and the WHALE? Why are they going for the v2 Rock N Roll? They also need to release Monkeywrench and Zandar for the complete Zartan gang.

Your forgetting about Thrasher and Road Pig too.

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Got Blade Destro today. I very much like it. The cape is a bit awkward on any pose other than arm down. MY real nitpick is the size of his head. If that's a "real" mask, it's either paper thin or Destro has a teeny tiny pin head. It should be a big bigger than other heads. I really wish they had done it as a clamshell so he could take it off like he did in the comic (at the end of the Snake Eyes trilogy was it? When the Baroness was all confused and distraught and what not). Ah well, I love the gold sheen and how it wasn't the dull plastic of the original release.

I almost paid an outrageous sum for gold headed pimp daddy Destro.

I'm still not having much luck finding any wave 4 or wave 5 Joes ... frack. My local Target & Wal-Mart recently re-stocked this weekend, with wave 2, 3 single-carded Joes: Cobra trooper, Cobra officer, Stalker, Buzzer, and Cobra Red Ninja.

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

Excited for a Storm Shadow Cobra version by Sideshow toys! It will be awesome if they make him. BTW, compare the old Hasbro 12" figures to Sideshow's. HUGE difference. I am glad Hasbro gave them the license!

Hey Shin, so was I correct in assuming that it was the Movie License?

Gotta hand it to Sideshow, first allying with Medicom and Hot Toys and now getting Hasbro to let them do 12" Joes, they sure seem like they know what they're doing.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised about the Hasbro alliance, they're already doing Star Wars so....

Hey Shin, so was I correct in assuming that it was the Movie License?

Gotta hand it to Sideshow, first allying with Medicom and Hot Toys and now getting Hasbro to let them do 12" Joes, they sure seem like they know what they're doing.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised about the Hasbro alliance, they're already doing Star Wars so....

Its doubtful that its the movie license just yet, the costume designers on the movie probably aren't even done yet! I think that the license is for the classic RAH costumes, judging by the uniforms and logo, but it would not surprise me if the license also included the upcoming movie for next year.

I'm still not having much luck finding any wave 4 or wave 5 Joes ... frack. My local Target & Wal-Mart recently re-stocked this weekend, with wave 2, 3 single-carded Joes: Cobra trooper, Cobra officer, Stalker, Buzzer, and Cobra Red Ninja.

<_<

I saw some Wave 5 at TRU. I picked it up for another MW fan though I picked up another CG. I got my wave 4 from bbts and got an extra set that is available. If you want I can stop by another TRU to see if Wave 5 is available there.

I saw some Wave 5 at TRU. I picked it up for another MW fan though I picked up another CG. I got my wave 4 from bbts and got an extra set that is available. If you want I can stop by another TRU to see if Wave 5 is available there.

What TRU are you shopping at? The only wave 5 I've seen around here are the Crimson Gaurdsmen.

What TRU are you shopping at? The only wave 5 I've seen around here are the Crimson Gaurdsmen.

TRU at Akers Mill. Target off of Cobb Pkwy had comic packs. I will see what TRU at the North GA Mall will have. Walmart in Alpharetta has comic packs.

Wait I've only seen the first wave of comic packs. Now you are telling me the third comic wave is out. What do you mean by out?

Out is asia?

Out in Colorado again week before any where else?

When a new wave is out the West Coast doesn't see it in months. Proof I've only recently found wave 5. Never saw wave 4!

Which ones were these again? And where have they been sighted?

The one with the new comics, Se vs SS, Ace vs WW, CG and Cobra Trooper, and maybe one more. Sighted in Illinois, and the first one was in Ohio if I'm not mistaken.

What do you mean by out

Sighted in the US in a walmart.

When a new wave is out the West Coast doesn't see it in months

Worse in the eact coast. BTW try checking target, they seem to be getting wave 4 more than anyone else.

I hope I find these packs soon. The Storm Shadow pack is one of the ones I've looked forward to the most(I know I'm in the minority on this one). Its a clever repaint, and the cloak does wonders, as well as the amplified bow.

Apparently Sideshow toys will not be at toyfair, but will be unveiling their new products online during toyfair. I keep hoping we will get a Cobra v1 Storm Shadow as one of the first releases.

Also, comic pack Ace does fit in the Skystriker, confirmed by Shogi, one of our hisstank mods. The Comic pack Crimson Guard is confirmed to have a removable helmet, not a swappable head. The helmet actually looks better here, than the single pack Crimson Guard.

Also, just realized today that the Comic pack Cobra trooper is Scarface and has painted hair. Its a shame the Trooper mold has not had the articulation fixes yet. Its a figure most fans have been troop building, and ideally should have had the articulation fixes early on.

But I tried to put scarlett and some of the joes into the awe striker I have and they do not fit in the vehicle well. Anyways, I went on a search for the wave 6 and wave 3 comic packs but found nothing but lots of cobras and cobra troopers and lots of wave 3.