Ghost in the Shell Live Action - March 31, 2017

Mechinyun

100% accu0rate is pretty much impossible, since everyone has a different idea what the "real" version is. Movies, SAC, Arise, comics if you want to be right...

(As a dirty comics purist, I am bothered that they have cast the major's mom. I like my major with no backstory. But I'll get over it.)

100% accu0rate is pretty much impossible, since everyone has a different idea what the "real" version is. Movies, SAC, Arise, comics if you want to be right...

(As a dirty comics purist, I am bothered that they have cast the major's mom. I like my major with no backstory. But I'll get over it.)

I'm personally hoping for "mom" to be the person who created the Major's body, not her biological mom. Sort of like the Tachikomas and their "father" in that SAC episode..

• 4 weeks later...

Looks pretty solid from here. If I were to be picky, the only thing that looked a bit odd to me was Motoko looking a bit scared in the last clip.

Yea i found that odd that she seemed a lil erm....clumsy? Something abt the way she held her gun .... :huh:

Edited by seti88

Fantastic! I can't wait to see this! It looks like they nailed the atmosphere and the costumes. The Major looks great. Hopefully this movie isn't all style over substance, but honestly if I think about it, I was more interested in the world that GiTS takes place in. If I remember correctly, the stories were very simplistic. Admittedly, it has been awhile since i've seen/read any GiTS.

I hope the use the Making of a Cyborg scene from the GitS movie *WITH* Kenji Kawai's original music.

That would make me very happy indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOV_mpwkU8Y

Yeah, I love the original soundtrack. Speaking of, someone made this out of all the teasers:

https://youtu.be/7XdJcM542Lo

Edited by Slave IV

• 1 month later...

I had my doubts, but my interest is piqued after seeing all the trailers. I like that they just give a snapshot, rather than showing the whole movie- this is how trailers should be. Geisha shot and the camouflage suit :). Noticed the complete lack of mecha thus far, though, which is staple of GiTS. I hope they at least have Tachikomas in there somewhere.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I had my doubts, but my interest is piqued after seeing all the trailers. I like that they just give a snapshot, rather than showing the whole movie- this is how trailers should be. Geisha shot and the camouflage suit :). Noticed the complete lack of mecha thus far, though, which is staple of GiTS. I hope they at least have Tachikomas in there somewhere.

As I recall, fuchikomas weren't in the first movie either. And since that is often considered the definitive Ghost... I have but faint hope that we'll see fuchikomas(screw the tachis, I want the REAL THINGS!).

Though they'd be fools to leave the spidertank showdown on the table.

I'd settle for the big tank. Or even mechanized armored suits.

In hindsight, I don't think the Tachis would go over once they started speaking, if they mirrored SAC. A little too silly/cheesy. And they wouldn't be right, either, if they went with any other kind of voice modulation...too much fan outcry. For what it's worth, as annoying as I find their voices, it wouldn't be right any other way, unless they hired Mary McGlynn to voice them. I could live with that.