• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, tekering said:

Close, but no cigar...  The details are wrong, the proportions are wrong, and there are too many straight lines.

pZE48el.jpg

And the mufflers are all kinds of wrong.

highway-star.jpg

Yeah it's just a modernized fan thing. It still looks good. They want to make a reboot.

https://www.instagram.com/amboccstudios/

They have a few more from BGC on their Instagram.

Edited by JetJockey

• 3 years later...

I wish there's new news of Figma Priss+Motoslave, but hope has almost entirely faded. 

Meanwhile, I am content with the Yamato ones. Finally spending some time with them, starting with Priss..

E91HAtW.jpg

LdCE0re.jpg

Apologies @RavenHawk @Scyla, for stirring up false hopes by bumping the tread earlier..

I wonder what has caused the Figma / FREEing Priss+Motoslave to turn into vaporware. Licensing issues?

But then I remembered FREEing was the one that released the less than spectacular E=X Garland. And I can’t help thinking the poor reception to that might have made them abandon transforming toys. I’m not sure if FREEing has done other transforming stuff before that though..

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Apologies @RavenHawk @Scyla, for stirring up false hopes by bumping the tread earlier..

I wonder what has caused the Figma / FREEing Priss+Motoslave to turn into vaporware. Licensing issues?

But then I remembered FREEing was the one that released the less than spectacular E=X Garland. And I can’t help thinking the poor reception to that might have made them abandon transforming toys. I’m not sure if FREEing has done other transforming stuff before that though..

No worries. I hope you enjoy the Yamato ones. I might have to get those to have some Bubblegum Crisis merch in my collection.

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

This sounds like a job for @captain america , just a thought. B))

Sure, there are tons of great BGC designs that have yet to be realized in physical form:

griffon_mod7.jpg.3cada2858e41346c84d9d585ee61071a.jpg

20070309_post.jpg.f5339345462f36ed1a2030c57f30db3e.jpg

Art+of+Bubblegum+Crisis+-+66.png

ea03fba85f36e171999b9dd4214ca50b.jpg

...but if produced, they'd have to be at 1:18th to scale with most existing Aramaki and Artmic merchandise.

rescaled Garland.jpg

2 hours ago, captain america said:

Theoretically. I have to see that there is sufficient demand for a subject to justify the tooling: show me that there are enough paying customers and I'm on it.

I am in for every release if it is in the right scale, say 1/12..... I've recently been busy modifying the antique B-Club kit (Heavily) to match the line art. 

Motoslave 06.jpeg

Motoslave 05.jpeg

Motoslave 04.jpeg

Motoslave 03.jpeg

Motoslave 02.jpeg

Motoslave 01.jpeg

1986694910.jpg

5 hours ago, captain america said:

Theoretically. I have to see that there is sufficient demand for a subject to justify the tooling: show me that there are enough paying customers and I'm on it.

Not putting the Cart before the Horse here but if I knew at some point an accurate Highway Star could be part of the line up besides the Motoslaves, I'll start saving up that money! :D

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Somewhere in Good Smile Co.'s closet, this sculpt has been languishing for over 3 years:

HHFfOFd.jpg.feb6e52de3baed0354c562af099281d2.jpg

Maybe it will come up as a moderoid. There’s been some interesting surprises lately. Everything from Patlabor to Robocop, madox to brain powered, Escaflowne to Aliens and a lot of other cool stuff. It may be a stretch, but someone over there is picking some interesting franchises from the 80’s and 90’s, so it’s definitely possible that they could take what they already designed and rework it for the kits

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

They look great together- makes me wish for a casual, unarmored figma of Priss.

I’m just only seeing some comments online that the Kusanagi CT-3X bike could be inspired not only by Kaneda’s Bike, but also the Highway Star. Whether true or not, it’s a cool tidbit nonetheless.

Figma Priss hardsuit already looks to be vaporware, can’t even hope for an unarmored version. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

I just picked up the re-release of Arcadia Megazone23 1/24 Garland and its re-ignited my love of 80's motorcycle anime.  What is the best Priss & Motoslave toy there is?  Is it the Metallic version of the Yamato toy?  Any hopes that Arcadia might have purchased those and re-release?  Any news or suggestion on where I might find one of these - I've looked at Manadrake for the past year and nothing comes up.  It's too bad as I do love BC series and the music, but it doesn't seem to have quite a resurgence as some of the other 80's toys lately. 

18 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I just picked up the re-release of Arcadia Megazone23 1/24 Garland and its re-ignited my love of 80's motorcycle anime.  What is the best Priss & Motoslave toy there is?  Is it the Metallic version of the Yamato toy?  Any hopes that Arcadia might have purchased those and re-release?  Any news or suggestion on where I might find one of these - I've looked at Manadrake for the past year and nothing comes up.  It's too bad as I do love BC series and the music, but it doesn't seem to have quite a resurgence as some of the other 80's toys lately. 

Yamato Priss & Motoslave metallic ver is the best toy to me, and I do wish they Yamato had updated the rest to metallic versions as well. They are not perfect, but those are the only figure + bike toy sets that were released, and so far Arcadia hasn't mentioned a peep about them. They come up very rarely over Mandarake, but somehow they do show up semi-occasionally at YAJ (that's how I completed my sets not that long ago). Perhaps check over at Suruga-ya JP as well as an odd set might pop up now and then.

At this stage, it's safe to say the Figma ones that were previewed something like 5 years ago are dead. :(

2028441.jpeg.c23641bed93ac277f9d498d08ae9b90e.jpeg

2028440.jpeg.655bf23a771c581f8ba70d6a27f2ce52.jpeg

2028439.jpeg.d92c860256a1533684c9eb3a8c51b710.jpeg

48 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yamato Priss & Motoslave metallic ver is the best toy to me, and I do wish they Yamato had updated the rest to metallic versions as well. They are not perfect, but those are the only figure + bike toy sets that were released, and so far Arcadia hasn't mentioned a peep about them. They come up very rarely over Mandarake, but somehow they do show up semi-occasionally at YAJ (that's how I completed my sets not that long ago). Perhaps check over at Suruga-ya JP as well as an odd set might pop up now and then.

At this stage, it's safe to say the Figma ones that were previewed something like 5 years ago are dead. :(

2028441.jpeg.c23641bed93ac277f9d498d08ae9b90e.jpeg

2028440.jpeg.655bf23a771c581f8ba70d6a27f2ce52.jpeg

2028439.jpeg.d92c860256a1533684c9eb3a8c51b710.jpeg

That looked really nice but, much like SH Figuarts' Fey Valentine, Figma's BGC figures are highly rarified vaporware.  Too bad, really... Figma 1/12 would put Yamato's 1/15 renditions, and Atelier Sai's for that matter, to shame.

10 hours ago, electric indigo said:

I hope that Goodsmile takes a shot with their Moderoids going in all retro directions.

I think that’s the most likely product at this point. Anytime I think of something that’s a bit older, moderoid usually answers. Some of their items have been real surprises, like Madox, or Brain Powered or Escaflowne, or Magical Knight Rayearth and Iczer One for examples. They’re a bit all over the nostalgia anime and I really do feel that Bubble Gum Crisis is just a matter of time