Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

so how do you guys fix that?

No problems at all with Nora :) No problems with second edition Ivanov as far as I know...

Shaggy wings when fully loaded and left shoulder hinge (not in all batches) problems with first edition Ivanov

Well I recently received my SV-51 nora. No problems with it. Spent a long time reading the transformation instructions and taking my time.

Feels solid in fighter mode and snaps together well in that mode. The wing hinges are very tight even with all the missile pods and boosters attached. Don't try any barrel rolls though.

I love this design in both batroid and fighter mode.. I want a variable glaug now. Gerwalk mode looks a little funny.

The idea of twisting the leg back to front for gerwalk is a cool idea. I think the reason I am drawn to this is that it looks unique from the un valks. It just looks evil, like it's a bird with claws, mixed with bat wings that flap around in battroid mode, and given goth-like spikes and a wizard's hat to taunt you. I wonder what a SV-51 would look like in a low vis scheme with weathering?

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know what're the differences between the first and second release of Ivanov's SV-51?

yes. the difference is there was no second release, just a restock.

think of how long it took before the 2nd release of the vf-os, thats how long it'll be before we see a fixed version of the ivanov

Second ed Ivanov? When did this come out??

Like DND said, there hasn't been one released yet. I picked up one, but I don't know what issues it has yet, since I only pulled it out of the box to check it out once without transforming it, then put it back in the box. I figure if it has the sagging wing issue in fighter mode, I'll just leave it in battroid mode, leave the Nora in fighter mode, and ponder whether or not to leave the brown one in fighter or gerwalk. So what was the verdict on the brown one as far as problems go? Just wanna know before I pull it out of the box and start looking for things to watch out for.

Other than wing sag... I remember some of the wing hinges were wrong... two lefts or two right hinges.

They were discovered when transformed to Battroid and one wing would not fold as much as the other but never resulted in wings falling off or other structural failure.

I'd like to say that I just opened up my Sv-51 (black) and it is so dang cool AND it came with a stand! I didn't even transform it I just wanted to stare at the flying mode!

Heh whenever I think this thread is going to die it comes back :lol: . Anywhoo my Ivanov has droopy / loose wings but it isn't so bad.

I've asked Graham and a few mods to move this to Hall of Super Topics.

They're lagging on their end. :lol:

hi everyone, this is my first post! i have been reading macross world forums for a few months already, and finally registered to start posting yesterday.

js wanna say that the sv-51 is my current favourite among all the valks, i currently have both ivanov and nora, and seriously thinking about getting the alpha too.

my ivanov was among the first batch and it had the left wing hinge problem, i solved it pretty easily using dogjumpjump's method. our valkyries are very expensive and not problem free, i am just glad we have a good forum where we can find info on how to fix these problems.

thanks alot macross world forums and its great to be here!

pics of my humble collection:

Image007-3.jpg

Image009-3.jpg

hi everyone, this is my first post! i have been reading macross world forums for a few months already, and finally registered to start posting yesterday.

js wanna say that the sv-51 is my current favourite among all the valks, i currently have both ivanov and nora, and seriously thinking about getting the alpha too.

my ivanov was among the first batch and it had the left wing hinge problem, i solved it pretty easily using dogjumpjump's method. our valkyries are very expensive and not problem free, i am just glad we have a good forum where we can find info on how to fix these problems.

thanks alot macross world forums and its great to be here!

pics of my humble collection:

Great first post! Welcome to the forums. I love that ivanov! I need one to keep my nora company!

Nice collection honkhet & welcome to MW!!

My advice: leave the forums immediately and never return or your wallet will LOATHE you as you sink deeper and deeper into this sick addiction of valkohilism ....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't been reading much lately, but I was planning on getting an SV-51. However has anyone reported that yamato has fixed the problem with the armament on the wings?

It's unfixable. The only way is to fix a pose, leave it be and pray your airconditioning at low doesn't blow them off. :D

many thanks for the warm welcome dudes...

regarding valkoholism i have already sunken deep into it...

my collection now are just remnants of what was..

many thanks to ebay today i managed to sell off the valks that did not make the cut (to me) haha!

so as u see, only the macross zero valks made the cut..

regarding armament on the wings, i can say that my nora is nice and tight.

on my ivanov (which was first batch) there were missle pods that cant quite snap on the wings,

but its no big deal as it can be fixed..

but i dont expect the drooping wings to be able to be fixed,

the load is so heavy for just the small piece of wing, its pitiful..

in the end, i would say that sv-51 wil suffer drooping wings on full load no matter what.

but it is by no way at unacceptable levels.. just use the display stand instead of landing gear.

i would say my nora droops as much as my ivanov, so i dun think any improvement was done for the nora..

i am not sure how much they fixed the drooping wings on the alpha though..

i wish someone would go buy that alpha and post pics here for us to see ^^

brought my ivanov to office today! many thanks to dogjumpjump's fix, i am now able to proudly display it in launch mode! yeah! now this managed to get more ooo's and ahh's from my colleagues than any of my other valks ever.. the only one to get more ooo's and ahh's was masterpiece G1 starscream.. i guess starscream is js too famous

Image014-2.jpg

OOOOO00ooooOOO! COOL POSE! I think i'll have to display my Nora like that! Space saver too!:D

Triple thumbs up for you honkhet sir! Seriously i gotta watch the animes more to think of poses.

This is a perfect pose for my overcrowded display cabinet. >______<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You're practicing the wrong habits! Stop encouraging people to fixing stuff that they weren't suppose to fix in the first place. Grr! :lol:

heh.. but I found these tiny thin little rare earth magnets... if they're strong enough and small enough to pop in those mount wells... then out comes the epoxy. :p

Could this mean your scheme will see the light of day under Yamato's hand?

Awesome news!!!

not my scheme but regular Ukrainian flanker scheme if yamato is smart enough

it will sell big time :p

dobber will be nice but being realistic it is too complicate for yamato

it is over splintered

the scheme below is more possible

yamato listen up !!!

az_su-27_01.jpg

graham can you confirm it is on the workbench for us ???????????