Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Nora and Ivanov have very different fighting styles and their colors reflect that.

Nora is very "Here i am come get me you suckers!", very in your face.

Ivanov is more of the sort that hides in the clouds and attack whenever opportunity strikes. For example when he shows up out of nowhere and attacks Roy's refuel plane.

The bright colour kinda reminds me of the fire valkyrie though. Like Nora is similar to basara and choosing to paint the thing in flashy colours, was asking to get schooled. "Nyah nyah you can't hit me!"

Whereas Ivanov at least never got schooled by roy because he is just too good. He was just unlucky the birdman interfered.

Well, it was his fault that he let his emotions get the better of him after Nora was killed. If he hadn't made that stupid suicidal frontal assault against the birdman, he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked.

Roy and Ivanov in my opinion would've been a toss up as to who would have won.

-Kyp

Nora's is simply the best Yamato valk to date, all things considered. IMHO.

So they fixed all the major QC issues with Nora's release? I really want an SV-51. I love the look of the fighter and Gerwalk.

Yeah---no backwards/doubled wing hinges, the missile pods stay in, and you can attach every weapon and booster pod to the wings and they'll still hold up without drooping down. Plus a color scheme unlike anything else that you'll never see again. :)

Well, it was his fault that he let his emotions get the better of him after Nora was killed. If he hadn't made that stupid suicidal frontal assault against the birdman, he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked.

I agree. But remember roy has emotions too. He joined up to be a killer after the death of some friend didn't he? Everyone wants to get personal revenge accept for hikaru who only wanted to kill stuff because his girlfriend thought he's a loser for moping around on the ship wasting his life. Even the forest babe got angry after the sacred magic forest was burnt and she had no sympathy for the rest of the planet (using such a reckless and dangerous weapon) forcing us to have to shoot her floating flower with a monster lest she kill some innocent children who had nothing to do with the anti-un bombing.

1. Roy got angry so he joined the military instead of being a normal pilot. Was killed for drunken behaviour by underestimating grunts.

2. Ivanov got angry when his GF got beaten.

Both emotional, so they are even. No excuse. Roy had ages to try to beat him but relied on the alien to do his killing. But to give him credit it was his teacher so he might have wanted to go easy on him, sorta like obi-wan against anakin skywalker but in reverse. (teacher turns to the darkside instead of the student)

I think that if nora had not been raped and tortured by un soldiers (they were hinting that in the ova) she might not have been so reckless and careless by letting the memories/emotions of the past get to her. It's a bit like how miria lost her cool against max (after losing to him in the arcade which must have been a public humiliation to her even though its a kid's game) and therefore her attacks became too predictable with repeated fights causing her to lose easily.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i didn't see where Roy wasn't trying his hardest to take out DD.... I thought they were both hard at it. :lol:

At the end he was wasn't worried about DD, he was too worried about saving his hottie blonde bootei!

Shin and Roy were only in it for the girls. :lol: DD and Nora had to show up and spoil the plan. :p

1. Roy got angry so he joined the military instead of being a normal pilot. Was killed for drunken behaviour by underestimating grunts.

I don't consider DYRL cannon. I consider it an alternate reality movie based on what I consider to be cannon. (The TV series)

-Kyp

even if it's a cartoon.

She had a scar on her chest and was really into kicking the crap out of Shin so she must have had a grudge against un soldiers in general going by that scene. And the flashback images of war and little children crying while getting bombed on and stuff... I think when you used the word "cartoon" to describing anime often when there is war imagery with gorey deaths.. is *funny.

*It's just that the word "cartoon" always conjures up images of Warner Brothers-style exaggerated violence and humour not the type of semi-realistic violence in shows like ninja scroll or legend of the overfiend etc. I never really think of anime as cartoons, but more like comic books in animated form.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ky Nora arrived yesterday....and i have to say I have been turned around. I was never a huge fan of the design of the 51, as i have stated elsewhere. I got the DD, and liked it ok, but wasnt in love with it. I assumed this had to do with my general dislike of the design, and thought nothing of it. Well, i dont know if it was the looseness orthe paintscheme, but when I got my Nora, it all clicked for me. the plane is AWESOME! It's great! i love playing with it, the look is great, it kicks ass in all three modes...Great toy! It may have even changed my mind about getting the CF, just so I can have a third one too display the thing in all 3 modes, somethingI have never really worried about before.

Very very happy with mine. oh! And regarding the tape thing: Mine appears brand new, the box was perfect and i had 2 lots of tape on every side. i dunno if that means something or not, but there u go.

Sorry if I missed it in these 128pgs, but has Graham or anyone else (anywhere else) made a transformation guide for this puppy yet? I still haven't transformed my baby yet...

The only possibly confusing issues are the shoulder hinge linkages. Basically--move it all the way forward for fighter, back for GERWALK and battroid, and then angle the diecast parts down to lock(sorta) them in place. Also, the shoulder armor DOES move directly upwards (position reference is for battroid)---it's just quite tight. It's only a millimeter or two, but it does and it makes a difference for articulation/clearance.

^ no he hasn't.

it looks pretty daunting at first but its actually pretty straight forward, far easier than all the other yammies IMO.

i TF'ed mine perfectly just by looking at the box art

Yeah, well I did mine with my eyes shut :p

I found Noras shoulders locked much better than Ivanovs did as well. The whole fighter is harder.

Id echo what Dave said: Onc eu get a handle on the shoulder/wing section, the rest isnt as hard as it looks.

i meant to ask folk: I know u all said the missles were tighter on Nora, but did anyone else find them stupidly tight? I was afraid i was going to snap them trying to get the things attached!

I know u all said the missles were tighter on Nora, but did anyone else find them stupidly tight? I was afraid i was going to snap them trying to get the things attached!

I filed the attachement jobbies down just a touch on a couple of mine. I was begining to crush the missles as I was pressing them in!

My SV-51 Transformed quite easily - however I hope that someone would put out a fairly detailed transformation guide. I'm still not 100% that I have the shoulders correct.

Yeah, that would be nice. I am not sure I have mine 100% perfect