Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Of course Yamato is milking us because they can. And they've been acclimating us to higher and higher prices-- prices that would have made us balk years before. It bugs me too, but truth is, Yamato's not in this for our health.

I too would like to see Yamato set more reasonable prices-- and at least consider the economic possibility of lowering prices to increase sales and net profit, but this almost seems a foreign concept to yamato nowadays. Instead, they operate as if past customers are the only customer base they'll ever have, and so long as their prices are set just shy of Ridiculous (and what's accepted as Ridiculous moves up with every release), we'll stay on board. They're probably right.

i don't know why people are blaming yamato for the price of their toys?

yamato are wholesalers, its the vendors who mark up these toys above and beyond what is MSRP.

but even then, the fault lies on the buyer since buyers are the ones who place preorders for these toys without any knowledge of what the item truly retails for.

i.e. a member got his YF-19 for $120 and walked out the store while were asked to pay $200+. i purchased my YF-19 in the secondary-market(meaning MSRP + paying a middleman) yet i was able to offer them at $175....makes you wonder doesn't it?

in the end, whatever you say you're willing to pay, whatever price you place your preorders for, is exactly how much a vendor is going to charge you. who's fault is that? certainly not yamatos.

Yamato's products are not always 100% perfect, there are always quality assurance problems, like easilly breaking parts or parts not fitting properly and also design flaws. When you pay a high price for their products, you expect the best from them. Other companies can make their products at a high standard and at a lower price, why can't yamato.

i don't know why people are blaming yamato for the price of their toys?

yamato are wholesalers, its the vendors who mark up these toys above and beyond what is MSRP.

but even then, the fault lies on the buyer since buyers are the ones who place preorders for these toys without any knowledge of what the item truly retails for.

i.e. a member got his YF-19 for $120 and walked out the store while were asked to pay $200+. i purchased my YF-19 in the secondary-market(meaning MSRP + paying a middleman) yet i was able to offer them at $175....makes you wonder doesn't it?

in the end, whatever you say you're willing to pay, whatever price you place your preorders for, is exactly how much a vendor is going to charge you. who's fault is that? certainly not yamatos.

what about the estimate price Yamato is saying for the upcoming fold booster and fast packs for the YF-19??? if close to 60 dollars is Yamatos asking price, how much will it be after MSRP and middle men??? 100 dollars for 4 pieces of plastic a green dildo and a little yang figure??? :huh:

Yamato is a small company, but they have been already in the long run making this toys, and have been growing as a company over the years, in fact, I sometimes expect better quality from small and up and coming companies rather than large industrial ones cause they have less to deal with it...

what about the estimate price Yamato is saying for the upcoming fold booster and fast packs for the YF-19??? if close to 60 dollars is Yamatos asking price, how much will it be after MSRP and middle men??? 100 dollars for 4 pieces of plastic a green dildo and a little yang figure??? :huh:

Yamato is a small company, but they have been already in the long run making this toys, and have been growing as a company over the years, in fact, I sometimes expect better quality from small and up and coming companies rather than large industrial ones cause they have less to deal with it...

i haven't seen anything official as far as the price of the foldbooster kit from yamato but i have seen HLJ's pre-order price for it. but HLJ price isn't completely accurate since they make up the price as they see fit. i.e. how much was their pre-order price for the YF-19? i know for a fact that their pre-order price was a lot more than the actual price that the chinese and japanese fans paid.

people keep saying "for $200 i expect more" but yamato isn't the one charging you $200, and its not like yamato can tell their vendors what to charge, thats completely up to each individual retailer. yamato is a wholesaler, they probably sell these for $50-$60 and put forth $25-$30 worth of effort into them, not $200 worth. peoples expectation should reflect the price that it costs yamato to produce these, not the price that sellers are charging you.

people keep saying "for $200 i expect more" but yamato isn't the one charging you $200, and its not like yamato can tell their vendors what to charge, thats completely up to each individual retailer. yamato is a wholesaler, they probably sell these for $50-$60 and put forth $25-$30 worth of effort into them, not $200 worth. peoples expectation should reflect the price that it costs yamato to produce these, not the price that sellers are charging you.

Don't give Yamato so much of a free pass. We know for a fact that Toynami tried to fix the price on their MSRP and don't think just because we love Yamato they aren't engaged in any similar shenanigans. Even if they're not, some retailers would just keep their profit margins the same so if Yamato upped their price 30% then the retailer would still want their additional X% and Yamato could easily figure out what the end price would be for us customers.

and yet most ppeople who got their 19s early are fine. the people having problems seem to have waited.

I think the current snowball of issues is more related to the people who got there's early have now handled there's extensively enough to notice all the little issues combined with people just getting there's and finding issues. There are far more 19s in peoples hands now so there are far more issues to be discussed. It doesn't seem like Yamato made tons of them (they're already sold out at many places) so I can't imagine huge variances between production runs.

With the recent QC issues I'm going to have to wait until the 2nd or 3rd re-issue of the SV-51.

This is what i'm leaning towards as much i want one as soon as it becomes available

sometimes waiting is better than jumping in with both feet. I missed alot of the 1st

series of the Vf-1 48ths but was able to find them down the road , though at a higher

price for some but the 2nd had QC issues resolved.

Just to clarify one thing: Yamato does has its own Recommended Retail Price on their web-site. So they are the one whom determine the $180 price tag for a lottery quality toy. Yamato RRP

Bottom line: Yamato's reoccurring QC problem is not acceptable. We pay alot of money for a toy, not a lot of money for a 95% OK toy depending on your luck... <_<

Beside, bad QC must hurts their 1st run sale as well, many are afraid of their 1st run and hold back. As said before, Bandai's Gunbuster SOC is flawless for less price with more details.

No more excuses, please get your SV-51 right then make your sale. :(

Edited by Mowe

Just to clarify one thing: Yamato does has its own Recommended Retail Price on their web-site. So they are the one whom determine the $180 price tag for a lottery quality toy. Yamato RRP

Bottom line: Yamato's reoccurring QC problem is not acceptable. We pay alot of money for a toy, not a lot of money for a 95% OK toy depending on your luck... <_<

Beside, bad QC must hurts their 1st run sale as well, many are afraid of their 1st run and hold back. As said before, Bandai's Gunbuster SOC is flawless for less price with more details.

No more excuses, please. :(

okay, can we PLEASE have a discussion on yamato without invoking Bandai? I've had plenty of crap from Bandai, including their much vaunted SoC line. I've had crap from Takara as well. So what? Comparing different products from different toy companies is a complete waste of time.

Saying that a SoC or TF or whatever is more complex or less or whatever than a yamato and comparing prices is useless conjecture. We have no idea what the budgets were and how that affected the decisions made for each particular toy.

And lets be clear... what we're experiencing is NOT quality control. We're experiencing the results of bad engineering and materials.

Quality Control would be something like a valk shipping without accessories, or miss-matched parts or a bad paint application.

Bad engineering is when say... parts start shattering a few months later, or parts don't fit together the way they should or accessories don't fit because someone didn't bother to check if the peg fit in the hole.

None of the problems we're complaining about here has anything to do with some factory worker falling asleep on the job. It has EVERYTHING to do with some yamato manager or supervisor deciding to save a few bucks here and their at our expense.

Relax, eugimon, you sound like one of your blood vessel is about to pop.... :blink:

We just want Yamato to raises its game with the SV-51 knowing that the toy will be difficult to make and likely to be close to $200.

QC, engineering designs, cheapscape CEO, my Neighbour’s dog is pregnant or what ever you want to call it, the fact is we just don't want to pay for another less than perfect 1st run release and chip-in another $180 for the same toy... :(

Edited by Mowe

it's important to know what you're talking about mowe. continually calling it a QC issue lets yamato put the blame on their facotries and their labour. It also makes it sound like it's by chance some people get units without problems and some people get units that fall apart. When the majority of units have the exact same problem(s) it's no longer random flubs.

Yamato's infamous spotty QC is a minor issue compared to the more serious issues of bad design and cheap materials.

Edited by eugimon

it's important to know what you're talking about mowe. continually calling it a QC issue lets yamato put the blame on their facotries and their labour. It also makes it sound like it's by chance some people get units without problems and some people get units that fall apart. When the majority of units have the exact same problem(s) it's no longer random flubs.

Yamato's infamous spotty QC is a minor issue compared to the more serious issues of bad design and cheap materials.

:D Thumbs UP~

and yes, yamato sets the bar high already with MSRP. so the blame doesnt sit only with the retailers.

:D Thumbs UP~

and yes, yamato sets the bar high already with MSRP. so the blame doesnt sit only with the retailers.

Quite true. The issues with the VF0's is freaking ridiculous. BTW, you need to update your sig, Nani?!, numbers 5 & 7 are being taken care of. ;)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Quite true. The issues with the VF0's is freaking ridiculous. BTW, you need to update your sig, Nani?!, numbers 5 & 7 are being taken care of. ;)

-Kyp

They're making a YF-21? I don't think so.

EDIT*

BTW Isn't it great how this thread got to be 10 pages long and we haven't even seen ANY pics or CAD drawings of the actual product? :D

Edited by Dante74

-Kyp

^_^ My sig is good for at least 5 more months.

They haven't made anything yet... and we're talking about vaporware yamato here. It's less likely now, but still, it's not out yet.

They're making a YF-21? I don't think so.

EDIT*

BTW Isn't it great how this thread got to be 10 pages long and we haven't even seen ANY pics or CAD drawings of the actual product? :D

If they are alternating between Mac+ and Mac0, and they have done the YF-19, what makes you think that there won't be a YF-21? :wacko:

They're doing the SV-51, and that's something I NEVER would have expected them to do. ;)

Nani?!:

True, you do indeed have at least 5 good months left in that sig of yours... :lol:

-Kyp

well, if chicks are saying you have a "peg" ... I don't think the problem is with the chicks.

Often times the hole is just as much at fault for the problem. :lol: Hopefully, we get an issue-free SV-51 from Yamato.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I haven't handled the Yamato SV-51 yet, so this is purely conjecture on my part. but with the skinny limbs, smallish wing hinges and multiple small spiky antennas on the cannards, all 4 tail surfaces and all around the nose, I'm wondering if Yamato is going to be able to build enough durability into this thing.

Graham

I'm getting scary flashbacks of Yamato's Escaflowne... :ph34r:

I certainly prefer that Yamato take their time in releasing this until they've work out all the kinks- (stronger

materials and design issues). I'd rather just wait and not receive a flawed Valk I wont be upset if they take

their time on this. Just b/c they've been releasing a rack of stuff lately doesnt mean that they have to go on

doing that. I see no problem with them delaying this. Meanwhile they can re-release the YF-19 (w/ multiple

paint schemes) , Vf-1 Enigma paint schems and the Hikaru , Max , & Miria VF-1J Supers.

Looks like it has a broken back in fighter mode.

Color looks spot on.

Weren't the first pics, in the form of CAD images, to be released in march?

EDIT*

LOL!! Garwalk mode! HAHAHA.

Gerwalk looks very nice though.

Edited by Dante74

Thanks for the pictures!!!! Not too bad, the V stabs look a little large though IMO. Why is it we have an inside person, Graham, and yet we get our first looks elsewhere 98% of the time?!

Chris

Edit: they appear to be much farther along than I thought they'd be!!

Edited by Dobber