Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

I agree, if they're going to do it, put the disk right in the center of the intake, and make it as large as possible.

As far as strenghtening, though, that shouldn't be enough of a reason to require all that space. There's even that area where the LEX extends down into the intake, which could provide a good-sized 'block' in which to mount a metal pivot.

Oh well, really, a fairly minor issue, when it comes right down to it. I usually have the intake covers on my YF-19 anyway, so what difference does it make? (The SV does have intake covers, right?)

~Luke

Is this a prototype? May be the air intake is not quite finish in design?? Yamato really can't leave it like that, the SV looks best in fighter mode and that would be a shame.

The fans are low on the hasegawa model and not centered vertically on the intakes. Since the intakes are L shaped, the top of the L tapers into the lower fan on the model. Since Yamato does not have the depth to work with the fan intake placement looks off.

Really like that the stand, wingstores, and boosters will be included in one box.

I guess a better question is, what's actually behind those fan faces? If you look at the GERWALK photos, you can see the hinge is actually a little ways back. If the leg 'extension' (the black part that's exposed when you fold the hinge down) were attached to the intake component, as it is on the YF-19, then there should be some free space in there. What's it being used for?

~Luke

I highly doubt there’s much if any free space behind where the intakes are now. if you look really closely at the batroid and GERWALK pics, you can see that the joint for the legs to swing down is REALLY far forward, and the rest of the space is most likely taken up by the ball joint were the leg attaches to the rest of the mech.

post-4286-1172969621_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess it depends on which side they put the ball part of the ball joint. If the socket is part of the body, then they shouldn't need much room at all. But, based on the evidence at hand, it looks like the socket went on the intake side.

~Luke

I highly doubt there’s much if any free space behind where the intakes are now. if you look really closely at the batroid and GERWALK pics, you can see that the joint for the legs to swing down is REALLY far forward, and the rest of the space is most likely taken up by the ball joint were the leg attaches to the rest of the mech.

Agreed. I bet the hole must look simply fugly without the fan to cover all the mechanisms inside, so Yamato decided it must be covered someway. Now I'm not so sure that simply removing the fan piece would be a solution. I think we'll have to live with it, or let the intake covers on.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, kiss my grits! I am very suprised at the price...in a good way! Isn't that the same price the YF-19 started at and we get so much more with this too. :D I also took the plunge:mellow: Hoping for a good outcome here. ie a good product!! Graham looking forward to what you can tell us here :)

Chris

it comes to $167.25 USD after the *cough*'early bird not much of a discount'*cough* :D

if HLJs got it for that price, someone will sell them cheaper, HLJ is kind of expensive.

That might be, but for us Europeans, they're kind of the only option. If I order this from an american online store I know I'll pay too much, cause they have to ship from Asia to the US and then to Europe. That's a lot of shipping that someone has to pay for and I'm pretty sure it'll be me.

may : VF-0 A shin + ghost

June : YF-19 + Fast back & booster

July : SV-51

My wallet just faints

Have you got acces to my HLJ account? I have those exact same items on pre-order.

Sorry guys, I'm kind of hoping the Shin/ghost combo and the YF-19/FB combo will be delayed so the items will be combined into one package to save on shipping.

That might be, but for us Europeans, they're kind of the only option. If I order this from an american online store I know I'll pay too much, cause they have to ship from Asia to the US and then to Europe. That's a lot of shipping that someone has to pay for and I'm pretty sure it'll be me.

buy it from toy-wave, he's in HK so he only pays ground shipping within HK. his prices are fairly competitive and usually a bit less than HLJ. :)

otherwise, you can purchase from other HK sellers. i'd say Neova but i think he close his shop. :unsure:

Dante-do you really want those two orders to be combined? Either of these items are large enough to be held up at customs, but both of them are BOUND to get held up and you having to pay ~50 euros for them.

I'm thinking about ordering the SV-51, but...very expensive toy + all these posts about faults on first editions + near inability to exchange it = I think I'd better pay 5-10 more euros and get a second edition version later on...

buy it from toy-wave, he's in HK so he only pays ground shipping within HK. his prices are fairly competitive and usually a bit less than HLJ. :)

otherwise, you can purchase from other HK sellers. i'd say Neova but i think he close his shop. :unsure:

I could buy it from Toy-Wave but they're not offering it yet. I still have a couple of months left until the release of the toys. If any other seller offers any of them cheaper I'll cancel my order at HLJ and go with the other seller. (note, that is not something I would do if I were to buy an item one these boards or from any other private seller. The way I see it is; HLJ doesn't keep my ordered items on hold one day longer than two months, so I feel I have the right to cancel an order if I can get it for less at another place that is willing to hold on to it for longer.)

Dante-do you really want those two orders to be combined? Either of these items are large enough to be held up at customs, but both of them are BOUND to get held up and you having to pay ~50 euros for them.

I'm thinking about ordering the SV-51, but...very expensive toy + all these posts about faults on first editions + near inability to exchange it = I think I'd better pay 5-10 more euros and get a second edition version later on...

With shipments that are this valuable, HLJ will use EMS to send the items anyway, which means customs will get to it with 100% certainty. I'm not getting out of paying the ~20% taxes so I might as well save some euro's by combining the shipment.

Neova is still up and running, he just hasn't updated in a while :) I ordered a Roy + FP there last month and it arrived pretty quickly.

With shipments that are this valuable, HLJ will use EMS to send the items anyway, which means customs will get to it with 100% certainty. I'm not getting out of paying the ~20% taxes so I might as well save some euro's by combining the shipment.

Don’t know about the 100% certainty. My SOC Gunbuster bought in HLJ arrived customs free by EMS. My other three purchases made in HLJ (delivered by SAL) also passed tax free. Guess HLJ brings me luck.

Maybe it depends on the country but Spain is very anal about customs fees (at least when it comes to me). All other shipments I’ve received from other sources have had to pay taxes (save for Gundam stuff or really small packages).

Edit:

Great to hear the first preorder price is lower than expected (and unlike the YF-19, this release comes with extras). You’re back on the right track Yamato.

Edited by Twoducks

love the color scheme and i'm really digging the fighter mode.... never been too keen on Battroid and GERWALK for the SV-51...

but man.... displaying this thing in Fighter mode will take up a LOT of space

!

Thanks for the extra large pics, Graham.

Any word on whether DD's crosses will be tampo'ed on?

Also, I'm glad they didn't try to shoot the moon with the price.

wow. looks great in all modes... but like others here, I'm pretty concerned about the strength and durability of some of those hinges. for me, the SV-51 toy will live or die based on how stiff and resilient those hinges turn out to be. I'm really hoping that the SV-51 doesn't turn out like the VF-0s.

OMG! That pic with the boosters on the wings almost made me cry with joy. :wub:

Don’t know about the 100% certainty. My SOC Gunbuster bought in HLJ arrived customs free by EMS. My other three purchases made in HLJ (delivered by SAL) also passed tax free. Guess HLJ brings me luck.

Maybe it depends on the country but Spain is very anal about customs fees (at least when it comes to me). All other shipments I’ve received from other sources have had to pay taxes (save for Gundam stuff or really small packages).

Edit:

Great to hear the first preorder price is lower than expected (and unlike the YF-19, this release comes with extras). You’re back on the right track Yamato.

IIRC EMS packages always get checked by customs. I've never had anything come through customs without paying taxes that had been shipped using EMS. The only thing to get through customs unscaved is my GBP which got here by SAL.

OMG! That pic with the boosters on the wings almost made me cry with joy. :wub:

IIRC EMS packages always get checked by customs. I've never had anything come through customs without paying taxes that had been shipped using EMS. The only thing to get through customs unscaved is my GBP which got here by SAL.

Sure they do go through customs, but I don't pay taxes for all of them. The bigger and more expensive the package is, the higher the chance I'll pay. Following that mindset, two large macross packs are BOUND to get you charged for them...

Thanks for the pics, Graham. By the way: is this the resin prototype or a production sample?

See the link Graham posted. Its resin.

I heard that they brought the actual production prototype to the show but when they opened the box, 5 joints and 2 hinges broke plus they found that it had 2 left wings so they had to show the resin one....

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter