Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Looking good so far.

The decision to include those accessories out of the box is brilliant (compared to yamato's current standards). It remains to be seen just how brilliant, at least until we know how much it'll cost, but anyway...

Any other toy in the market comes with a stand and missile accessories... if they can price this around $200 I'll be all over it regardless of first run QC.

I gotta say that I'm a little worried about the potential price of this sucker. Look at the 19..... nearly $200 and it came with nothing. The 51 is just as complex if not more so, larger, and it will come with a stand and other items like bosters and missilepods. Not jumping on the Yamato price gouging bandwagon here but............suprise me Yamato, because I'm not going to hold my breath. :(

Just going to have to really save for this sucker.

Chris

geez...give us some slack this time...

the max & miria 1/48 VF-1J were around $175 USD when they first came out in the States.

i don't see this SV-51 (or the 1/60 VF-0A with ghost) having more plastic and packaging that the ones above.

...and over $200? come on!

$175

geez...give us some slack this time...

the max & miria 1/48 VF-1J were around $175 USD when they first came out in the States.

i don't see this SV-51 (or the 1/60 VF-0A with ghost) having more plastic and packaging that the ones above.

...and over $200? come on!

$175

materials costs have very little to do with what you pay at the store.

Those pics are like drugs, the more I see, the more I want. Better hide the glass mirrors or I'll sniff up the pixels, :lol:

Damn, this thing looks nice. I've already got some stuff on sale, and I'm gonna need every bit of it for this. I'll be on the 1st release bandwagon, if it's less than $250. I will be hoping that my wedding gifts include a nice lump some of money. I know my fiance would like this thing.

Just a random tip for anyone going to conventions like this and hoping to take great pictures (I'm reminded by Graham's mentioning of a few blurry ones). A good trick to keep your pics from getting blurry is to use the view finder instead of the monitor (if your camera has one). By holding the camera against your face it helps reduce the very mild movement that can cause blur on indoor shots. So, if you find yourself trying to snap a quick pic with people potentially rubbing against you trying to jockey for a shot of the same thing you may find the view finder a big help!

Edited by jenius

Just a random tip for anyone going to conventions like this and hoping to take great pictures (I'm reminded by Graham's mentioning of a few blurry ones). A good trick to keep your pics from getting blurry is to use the view finder instead of the monitor (if your camera has one). By holding the camera against your face it helps reduce the very mild movement that can cause blur on indoor shots. So, if you find yourself trying to snap a quick pic with people potentially rubbing against you trying to jockey for a shot of the same thing you may find the view finder a big help!

you can also brace the camera against your upper arm or shoulder as well. this works well for those of you with cameras without viewfinders.

Freeze like a popsicle as you pressed the shutter button. In fact, don't even breathe. :D

Freeze like a popsicle as you pressed the shutter button. In fact, don't even breathe. :D

Wrong..big no no........breath normally....when u exhale untill u're comfortable snap..

Freezing up would just cause ur lung to fight against the presure and hence shaky effect..

any one who fires a gun should know this technique..

not firing ur prick though..

Ok, I've got a question:

Why is the gunpod so different, compared to the Hasegawa design? This one actually has a pistol-grip, while the Hase. seems rather... Well, ungripable.

Which one is line-art accurate?

<Edit> Or is the grip foldable, and Hasegawa just made it a bit wide? </Edit>

~Luke

Edited by IAD

Ok, I've got a question:

Why is the gunpod so different, compared to the Hasegawa design? This one actually has a pistol-grip, while the Hase. seems rather... Well, ungripable.

Which one is line-art accurate?

<Edit> Or is the grip foldable, and Hasegawa just made it a bit wide? </Edit>

~Luke

Yamato's is probably more accurate. Hasegawa only had the TV screencaps to go from.

Sweet. I'm loving the design of the SV-51. Must get... eventually.

sweet! Glad I stayed up late. Is that box art the actual box art or just a quick and dirty poster they knocked up for the festival? I can't tell the difference. ;)

Wow, that is a nice bird. It looks so delicate and slim yet big. Love it so far. Thanks for the pics.

Actually, with this colour scheme, the texture of ABS should be quit suitable. But Of course, I always vote for metal.

I can't wait till we start seeing ABS version pics. I'm hoping there's metal in this bird!

I can't wait till we start seeing ABS version pics. I'm hoping there's metal in this bird!

normally i would agree with you(i love me some diecast!) but i realized that transforming toys should be made of plastic since it involves a lot of moving parts that can scrape together.

for fixed figures its all about the diecast, but for tranformable toys i say plastic please. :)

Those wing joints still scare me to death, but after seeing those pics, any doubt of wether I would be owning a first run of this bird went out the window. Must get...

Thanks a lot graham for the pics B)) .

The SV-51 looks pretty nice, despite I don't like the fact that there is nearly no *air-tunnel* in the intake... But of course, there is the mecanism behind, and I can still mod a cover, so that won't be a big concern. ^_^