Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

saw this on Yamato's Japanese website, can anyone translate please?

[image removed for fear of incurring the Wrath of the (Area)Seventh Swell ;) ]

For a minute there, I thought I was looking at Haruko and her Vespa (FLCL).

But the look of the bike/scooter is all wrong.

Well... she looks great, first pic i looked at was the shortened nose, like.. wtf???? :lol:

But the updated scan from Graham looks awesome, long nose heh.

Guardian mode is so damn beautiful, but looks complicated, i'll wait for the reviews for this baby. ;)

If this valk can't stand on it's own 2 feet without leaning on sumthin, Yamato you can forget it.

I can't see myself being in Tokyo for a long time again, so the excuse of grabbin one of these

minus the shipping charge to Australia ani't gonna work. >_< I'm waiting! :ph34r:

Reviewers, go u good things. :D

The Updates page states that Graham has confirmed that, starting with Shin's VF-0A, the breakage prone shoulder/elbow piece will be shot in POM for added resiliency... I hope Yamato will take the VF-0 and its arm problems as a lesson learned and incorporate the stronger material in the design and manufacture of the SV-51. I know this is one bird I'd like to get upon first release, but my cautious side still tells me to wait for reviews and/or a second edition.

There's a fourth mode on the SV-51!?!

I thought it was just Fighter, Gaerwalk and battroid.

:p

:p i blame america~! ALAH LAH LAH LAHHH LAHHH LAI!

I have always used battroid and valkyrie, but the "guardian" always slips out every now an then.....

So where is my butter knife for sepuku?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The Updates page states that Graham has confirmed that, starting with Shin's VF-0A, the breakage prone shoulder/elbow piece will be shot in POM for added resiliency... I hope Yamato will take the VF-0 and its arm problems as a lesson learned and incorporate the stronger material in the design and manufacture of the SV-51. I know this is one bird I'd like to get upon first release, but my cautious side still tells me to wait for reviews and/or a second edition.

glad to see that changes are in the works. Crossing fingers for the SV-51.

:p i blame america~! ALAH LAH LAH LAHHH LAHHH LAI!

I have always used battroid and valkyrie, but the "guardian" always slips out every now an then.....

So where is my butter knife for sepuku?

Don't feel bad about it. People around here tend to act like they didn't learn about Macross through Robotech.

Come on, guys, get over it already. <_<

glad to see that changes are in the works. Crossing fingers for the SV-51.

You shouldn't have to cross anything.

I can see it now:

"My 250.00(just a guess) toy from Yamato just broke". And then we'll have a DIY thread to fix all of Yamato's mistakes and another thread of someone selling recast parts. And then Yamato will announce they'll fix everything in the next release and then the Yamato Defenders of the Faith Club here will type "yeah way to go Yamato, you rule, can't wait (to get screwed)." :wacko:

god I'm glad I don't buy these anymore, too much of a headache.

You shouldn't have to cross anything.

I can see it now:

"My 250.00(just a guess) toy from Yamato just broke". And then we'll have a DIY thread to fix all of Yamato's mistakes and another thread of someone selling recast parts. And then Yamato will announce they'll fix everything in the next release and then the Yamato Defenders of the Faith Club here will type "yeah way to go Yamato, you rule, can't wait (to get screwed)." :wacko:

god I'm glad I don't buy these anymore, too much of a headache.

Weren't they at one point called "The friendly helpers of Macrossworld to yamato" or something like that? I keep remembering them trying to make a fundraiser for yamato to thank them for making the 1/48 and Fudrom was one of those guys. This was in 2003-4.

I hope the SV-51 has very generous use of POM as to ensure its indestructability.

haha! NO WAY!!!

fundraises to say thanks???? as if our purchases werent enough, hahahaha!!

I want the YF-21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my YF-19 is very lonely, could also use a X-9 Ghost, hehehe

the Ghost shouldn't be hard or expensive to built... I mean, it DOES NOT transform!

haha! NO WAY!!!

fundraises to say thanks???? as if our purchases werent enough, hahahaha!!

I want the YF-21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my YF-19 is very lonely, could also use a X-9 Ghost, hehehe

the Ghost shouldn't be hard or expensive to built... I mean, it DOES NOT transform!

Scene in Yamato Toy Company: A meeting of top brasses

Yamato execs: Hmmm...when we build the X-9 Ghost from Macross plus, how much should we price it?

Yamato Big Bosses: Let's price it the same as the Ghost Drone from Macross Zero...they'll buy it anyway no matter what the price is...

Yamato execs nods their heads in concurrence :p

Don't feel bad about it. People around here tend to act like they didn't learn about Macross through Robotech.

Come on, guys, get over it already. <_<

lol Never felt bad about it :p i am 28 years of age, i was young (old?) enough to watch it's first airing in Australia on a morning cartoon show called Boris somthing somthing, Boris was a tubby mascara wearing bloke who wore some freaky Gothic come beast costume from what i vaguely remember, had a spider? or something like a scary monster as a side kick (can't remember much)

*** AHHH!! wasn't it AGRO??? Can anyone of you aussies here on Macrossworld confirm??? ***

That was way cool back then. First time i watch RT/Macross was when we went holiday in Gold Coast, lol those were the days, stayed in a high rise motel, woke up heaps early to watch this awesome anime with filthy flying transformable mechs. :p Now i remember a bit more, on the "Agro cartoon Connection" or Cartoon Connection straight i think it was called, they played quite alot of RT. Macross saga to Next Gen. Most of all i loved of RT/Macross was the tri-love story and drama. heh It made me.

lol Macross/grammar bashes always have way too much time on their hands. I also like to bait them as well. haha I gather some of them are fresh macross lovers that got to see it in it's pure form without RT invading them back yonder.

Don't worry Dante i know your joshin. haha :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OK! It was Boris's Breakfast Club. First time i watch RT.

Bless this dear bloke. Bless him. haha :lol:

Damn can't find a pic of Boris.

Here's a pic of Agro - IPB Image

Wow, 6AM it came on, now i really do remember it was early! :lol:

http://televisionau.siv.net.au/tv140787.htm

Ohh i think it had G-FORCE on that time too!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey, I never saw Robotech until Cartoon Network aired it. My first Macross was Macross Plus. My Macross history is this:

Remembered Jetfire from Transformers. Found out via the net that Jetfire was really a Macross VF-1S. Soon thereafter heard about new Macross valks from Toycom---sought out Macross Plus, watched it, and everything went from there.

Hey, I never saw Robotech until Cartoon Network aired it. My first Macross was Macross Plus. My Macross history is this:

Remembered Jetfire from Transformers. Found out via the net that Jetfire was really a Macross VF-1S. Soon thereafter heard about new Macross valks from Toycom---sought out Macross Plus, watched it, and everything went from there.

Brother? :blink:

Ruskii:

whoa that brings back memories. I used to watch boris breakfast club a lot as a kid.

Everytime that guy would say robotech, he would purposefully and annoyingly, roll his tongue on the 'r' sound. So what should have been robotech, was "LLRrrrooobootech!"

Yes there are certain aspects to robotech that I liked better than macross, mainly the music for the zentradi when they would mount an attack on the humans. It just sounded more rock and metal influenced than the original music. Now I much prefer the original after having seen the movie DYRL and wanting to see more of the original TV series. (story was different and things made a lot more sense) Macross is still the best out of the three "robotech sagas" and now that it's easily available (you can get the dvds of all 36 eps with eng dub) there isn't a reason now for fans to not abandon RT terms and use the macross ones. But people have to understand though that anime wasn't really widespread enough to have any kind of lasting impact except on cult fans. No market for it back then. It really wasn't until about the time Akira came out that there was an effort to try to expose more of it to the masses. And HG not showing the credits wasn't going to help much either. I am a little reminded of how sometimes a foriegn videogame sometimes undergoes a few localisation changes to americanise it more to be more appealing or understandable (or censored) to that audience. But in RTs case, it seems like story was just butchered unecessarily to a point that the fans of that or not that same as fans of macross. Enough of a difference between the two to have one fan clash with another on things. (eg sizes of vehicles, names of characters, events and deaths that never really happened etc)

This is what I remember most about the boris show: every morning he would ring the bell and say: "Get up, get up! Get out of bed! It's time for Boris' Breakfast club!"

I think when aggro left that show there was this other puppet called o'toole or something. I think it was a monkey with glasses or something. Anyone got pics? Hehe sorry to derail the thread.

BTW been ages since I checked the boards: the last two days have been me drooling at all the pics of SV-51. Looking at how skiny that mecha is I wish they would try the variable glaug as a surprise release the same way we got the koenig monster. Not that my wallet could ever keep up at this rate.. I just think the glaug and more bad guy mecha need to be done.

I bought the overpriced Qrau and if they do the glaug and others I will buy these..eventually. I decided to wait for the 2nd run of yf19 and hope for improvements gradually introduced along the way. I trust that yamato listens to feedback (both negative and positive) and like what happened with the initial 1/72 vf11 toy; which started out fragile before the final FP version came out, I hope they take the same action with the other mecha. (gently balance tightness of joints and sturdy materials with just enough detail and gimmicks in the toys to be worthy of being a display piece that you could play around with and handle.)

The 80s toy that is upcoming: I bet will be motoslave, (was bubblegum crisis really popular in japan?) however if it is at all possible a mospeada Legioss, that would awesome. (if yamato tell us early it will mean I can start saving now. come on enough of this secrecy crap. :p With the money spent on the toys, I doubt many people have spare change to afford to buy the print magazines. :D)

If the show is orguss, will we get the orguss valkyrie armor? :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

lol Macross/grammar bashes always have way too much time on their hands. I also like to bait them as well. haha I gather some of them are fresh macross lovers that got to see it in it's pure form without RT invading them back yonder.

Don't worry Dante i know your joshin. haha :lol:

I was only kiddin ya Ruskii. I too learned about Maccros through watching Robotech on a saterday morning show. I think it was on the Super Channel, one of the first cabel networkstations on in the Netherlands. before that we only had two Dutch channels and three German channels. Hanging around on the couch zapping through the channels to see what was on tv didn't take very long back then. :)

Now, could someone enlighten me and explain what joshin is? Even Google can't find anything on it.

Ahw damn, now I forgot what the thread was about!

Edited by Dante74

joshin'---"joshing"----mocking, "pulling your leg", light-hearted joking.

And with that, we should get the thread back to the Sv-51, (specifically, complaining about QC) :)

Thanks David.

Soooo, anyone know where the 51's gunpod goes in fightermode?

I'm betting we'll here a release date sometime around the end of February.

From what I can tell on the Yamato Website they are going to showcase the SV-51 at the Winter 07 Wonderfest, which starts Feb 25? I think. I wouldn't be supprised if they announced a release date around that time. Could be wrong tho

BTW has there been any new news on that "transforming mecha from a popular 80's anime"? I'm hoping to see a motoslave...