Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

i picked this up from a stateside vendor and its the first time i didn't get excited over a valk i purchased. i opened it last night, looked at for all of a minute and that was it. i know this sounds silly but after all the drama trying to aquire one, its tainted and soured any kind of love i could've had for it. i'll probably end up selling it after one transformation, thats if i even bother transforming it.

• 3 weeks later...
Would someone mind summarizing in a few bullet points what were the issues with the SV-51?

Apologies in advance for my laziness in not reading this entire thread.

I think it had really loose wing joints and in some cases two right wing joints.

Just let everyone know that my Nora has a very tight "right" main hinge but same cannot be said for the left, it's a tad floppy, but that can be fixed with some nail polish.

What type of nail polish should i use? I have never used it before, i know i need to get clear, but is there a specific type of clear nail polish i should get? Won't harm the plastic?

What type of nail polish should i use? I have never used it before, i know i need to get clear, but is there a specific type of clear nail polish i should get? Won't harm the plastic?

I doubt it matters. I just grabbed the first bottle of clear I saw ad used that on my first SV-51. The wings are rock solid now.

So will there be a second release ivanov? More a fan of his scheme than nora.

Personally I think the black makes it so much more menacing and evil. It's like the black VF-22 that gamlin uses.

Good guys use white Variable fighters while the bad guys fly black ones. Red is for show-offs who get angry when beaten and are hot headed, (ie milia going psycho because she's rarely gets beaten) and blue is for the calm and collected pilot. (max never seems to get angry or lose his cool)

I think gamlin will eventually become an anti-un supporter because of the black paintscheme.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

my sv-51 has loose thigh swivel joints, the wings are a bit loose, the gun thing on the right intake doesn't really stay in place in fighter mode and the missiles don't stay very well (I filled down the nubs and it helped with mine, but other people no luck).

Personally I think the black makes it so much more menacing and evil. It's like the black VF-22 that gamlin uses.

In fighter mode DD's looks more badass than Nora's, but in Battroid they both look equally good.

Argh. I've got a floppy first gen SV-51 Ivanov. Beautiful toy, but like my VF-0S it's so floppy it's really difficult to pose or display. Really bothers me that Yamato does that. Yet I'm always afraid that if I wait for a revised 2nd wave, it will never come and I'll be left with nothing. Since the 21 is such a sure win for Yamato, I'll probably actually hold off on that until they release a fixed version.

I think the black looks sweet also but the Nora stands out a lot more on the shelf. But all of the bright colored mecha are like that. The Nora, Max and Milia look absolutely outstading from across the room. The black ones unfortunately "fade" a little.

Not me, Nora's just looks awesome. Ivanov's is boring.

As for attaching the missile pods and missile----try this:

There is a TINY subtle lip on the pod's pylons that go 'around the edge' of the raised circle part of the wing. Try to get the rear half of the pylon in place on the wing, and push it as far forward as possible while you rotate the missile pod up to latch on the front part. Once you get it the first time, all the other times will be a lot easier. Basically--just go for it, but rotate/angle it in position, don't snap it on "straight". Also, remove them in the reverse way---pull down the front.

The bright colour kinda reminds me of the fire valkyrie though. Like Nora is similar to basara and choosing to paint the thing in flashy colours, was asking to get schooled. "Nyah nyah you can't hit me!"

Whereas Ivanov at least never got schooled by roy because he is just too good. He was just unlucky the birdman interfered.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker