Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Lemme rephrase that. It's a transforming mecha from an 80s' anime.

Graham

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase let it be Mospeada!! :D

I think that I would probably get the two main paint schemes for the SV-51, but because they will be expensive as hell, that will probably be it. I need my money for the other paint schemes of the YF-19!! :p

-Kyp

sure this has been mentioned, but it's pretty disappointing they aren't releasing the 1d, elint, and ostrich in 1/48...and reissuing the tv Max and Millias without FAST packs seems pointless.

Oh well...aoshimas getters and mp megatron will hold me over for the rest of the year :)

SV-51 [attachmentid=39636]. I can't wait to see pictures of Yamato's version.

As for the "other" mecha from an '80's anime: I highly doubt it will be anything from Mospeada, as HG owns all rights, domestic and international, to that license... same goes for Southern Cross; so, unless Toynami has been dropped and a deal struck to have Yamato produce their licensed property I don't see that happening.

I'd love to see something from Orguss or the Motoslave from BGC, but I'm sure whatever it is will be, at the very least, interesting.

post-664-1168960662.gif

I hope that the SV-51 weill cotain the Boosters in the initial package.

It'll be silly if Yamato sells the Boosters in a separate package...though I'll not be surprised if thety do sell it separately :angry:

I can see it now.

Initial run : SV-51 Ivanov

a few months later, Yamato will release SV-51 Nora

a few months later again, the SV-51 CF

and then the SV-51 Ivanov w/Booster :angry:

and then SV-51 Nora w/ Booster

After everybody buys a SV-51 with Booster, yamatop will then decide to sell a Booster package only :wacko:

Yamato will then say "Suckers!" :angry:

Wow, I'm late to this news. So, SV-51 eh? Not too shabby :lol:

All this new toy releases are just pounding on the wallet. On top of that, the pricing point doesn't really help either ;) . Even if Yamato decides to reduce the box size, I am sure the savings wouldn't be pass to the consumers :wacko:

Heh, a transforming mecha from the 80's. I will bet 99 cents on it that it will be "Motoslave" :)

Clue: Yamato's current BGC lineup :p . They seem to be selling out in all the stores.

But the motoslave is the only mecha that transforms in BGC so i guess u can't call it a "Transforming mecha anime from the 80's" as graham calls it.

Graham

Come on guys, I thik it's pretty obvious <_<

I just hope that Yamato reissues the Knight Sabers.

Too bad for Mospeada. Maybe next time.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I hope that the SV-51 weill cotain the Boosters in the initial package.

It'll be silly if Yamato sells the Boosters in a separate package...though I'll not be surprised if thety do sell it separately :angry:

I can see it now.

Initial run : SV-51 Ivanov

a few months later, Yamato will release SV-51 Nora

a few months later again, the SV-51 CF

and then the SV-51 Ivanov w/Booster :angry:

and then SV-51 Nora w/ Booster

After everybody buys a SV-51 with Booster, yamatop will then decide to sell a Booster package only :wacko:

Yamato will then say "Suckers!" :angry:

Well said, I agree on that. :ph34r:

i always liked those southern cross hovertanks....

in 1/60 scale they wouldnt be huge and expensive either

He said "popular". :) Seriously, I think Southern Cross was a big flop in Japan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone have pics of the Motoslave? I'd like to see Mospeada and Southern Cross Hovertanks as well. But, Southern Cross was a flop in Japan, and truth be told it was the least thought of series of the Robotech line in the West.

A 1/60 scale hovertank in robot mode would only be 4 inches tall :o

4 inches. :lol: w/ 1 cm tall pilots. I've never liked the hover tanks, though.

They just don't make sense to me. Open-top-tanks in space. :blink:

You know at the beginning of Mzero , I thought it was gonna be mostly battles

not about some mystical / magical connection to floating rocks and what not.

The Afos / A-force alien was kind of neat and it would be kinda neat to have. only i dont know what form it would be good in...Cms figure or 1/100 or 1/72 ore 1/60 although at 1/60 it would dwarf a SV51 or VF-0A/D

Edited by Macross73

4 inches. :lol: w/ 1 cm tall pilots. I've never liked the hover tanks, though.

They just don't make sense to me. Open-top-tanks in space. :blink:

i don't remember them being in space, they were the ground forces on the RDF.

you might want to watch southern cross again. :p

i think there was point where they had to infiltrate the enemey ships

and were in space crossing over into them either that or they were crossing back.

I'll check later.

Edit: i cant recall what FP /weapons if any the Sv-51 had.

I just dont remember there being much to it other than the plane.

I have to re-watch it this weekend. Most of the scenes go by so

quickly that much isnt seen. In the hanger in the last episode the

fuselages of the 51 are seen but no much of the plane since

they're held in place vertically.

I hope that the skulls / markings are all tampo printed and

edit:

will it The Sv-51 have follwoing : (taken from the Compendium)

POWER PLANT:

variable nozzles that pivot 90 degrees down for VTOL flight in Fighter mode.

Two VTOL fan jets in center fore in Fighter mode

Two micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods mounted on wingtip hard points.

Option of two high-speed, high-maneuverability twin jet boosters equipped with ... composite engines with variable nozzles on overwing hard points

ACCOMMODATION:

Pilot only. (A two-seat variant also exists.) ... and the Two rear (back) mirrors.

ARMAMENT:

One (two in SV-51γ) fixed Gsh-231 12.7 mm mini-gun.

One standard Gsh-371 55 mm gun pod with 120 rounds and one standard spare magazine stowed in unit's special aft gun pod rack.

Six underwing hard points with four micro-missile launcher/auxillary tank composite pods (with 18 Turopov SA-19M I/IR-guided micro-missiles),

Two R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles, or a combination of the above.

Two auxillary pods are normally mounted on wingtip hard points.

Four auxillary pods and two Amos+ medium-range maneuverability missiles were installed at the final battle at the island of Mayan due to the Amos+'s great destructive power

It has been determined that only four auxillary pods are used for combat at close range.

And an air blast bomb nicknamed "Daisy Cutter."

Edited by Macross73

Just a little defense for a mech i don't care for, when the hovertank receives a makeover at some point in the show going from the early rendition open-cockpit version to a space-capable closed cockpit version that does look a bit cooler.

Graham, just to kill the speculation, have you sensed anything from Yamato in regards to abandoning the 1/48 line? I need a new VF-1 to go with my GBPIII.

This would just be restarting an argument again.....

anyway, a hovertank would be bigger than 4inches surely.... It'd be shorter than a 1/60 vf-1 but not by much.

I dont remember space hovertanks. then again ive only seen SC in Robotech, so maybe they left that out.

Graham

I think I'm gonna be the prophet this time. The new toy from Yamato based on a transforming mecha from an 80's anime is going to be

- wait for it -

the VF-1 VALKYRIE :ph34r: ...

:p

...or maybe the SDF MACROSS :ph34r:

:D

Edited by Chet

Graham, I know you can't show us anything IF you do have something, but if you have seen something like CAD drawings how does it look...IYO? I agreed with your opinions regarding the YF-19 and the VF-0 so I'm interested in hearing your take on it.

Chris

This would just be restarting an argument again.....

anyway, a hovertank would be bigger than 4inches surely.... It'd be shorter than a 1/60 vf-1 but not by much.

I dont remember space hovertanks. then again ive only seen SC in Robotech, so maybe they left that out.

Alright to put the record straight, the mecha from Southern Cross and Mospeada are much smaller than the Macross mecha with the exception of the Tread.

Size in meters: (all in battroid mode)

VF-1 12.68m

Spartas (hovertank) 6.18m

Auroran (AJAX) 8.9m

Legioss 8.75m

Tread 13.70m

VF-19S 15.48m

VF-11 12.92m

VF-0 nothing official that i've seen but best guess would be about 17m

VF-17D 15.18m

SV-51 nothing official that i've seen but best guess would be about 18.5m - 19.5m

Edited by valk1j