Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Whoever moderates the For Sale and Trade forum will need to be extra alert. I can see it now:

For sale or trade kidney, non-alcoholic owner. Will trade for SV-51; buyer pays for shipping and installation. Also have small child for trade -- both arms and legs attached and will make good worker.

Guys, i dont know what a sv-51 is. Can you guys put pictures from macross or something. <edit; nevermind, i know what it is: New Question, WHICH color will it be, and why will it be more expensive than a yf-19???>

Also, how does everyone know its coming out???

Edited by Arthurius

Guys, i dont know what a sv-51 is. Can you guys put pictures from macross or something. <edit; nevermind, i know what it is: New Question, WHICH color will it be, and why will it be more expensive than a yf-19???>

The "bad guy" mecha in Macross Zero.

Here

I believe Graham stated it would be the Ivanov color out first - the black one you see in that link.

No idea as to the release date ... I think Graham estimated a mid-2007 release in his update. Check the news section on the main site for details.

I was searhcing for images and found a few that i thought would be neat to have

these first two are a given

[attachmentid=39560] [attachmentid=39561][attachmentid=39562]

[attachmentid=39563][attachmentid=39564]

post-3216-1168834688_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1168834703_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1168834755_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1168834768_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1168834801_thumb.jpg

Is it possible that the Japanese buyers are not reporting arm breakage problems due to the fact that most of us outside Japan are receiving our goods through HK and we are getting the 'Lou Shi For' (or Rat's Goods in English) with lower QC?

Which also means Yamato is receiving lower figures for their int'l sales then actual.

The digital camo looks great! The white nose really makes it resemble a naval flanker :)

Funny thing is, I'd always thought I'd prefer DD's black ver, but Nora's color scheme really looks great too. Very 'showy', think I'm liking it more and more.

The price hike is not unexpected given the size of the SV-51. Still, quite painful. 1/48 VF-1 -> 14,800 yen, 1/60 VF-0 -> 16,800 yen, YF-19 -> 18,800 yen, yikes, the SV-51 is prob gonna cost around 18,800 yen to maybe 20,800 yen? ouch ouch...

For the SV-51 Ivanov ver, would prefer it not be totally black, best if its base is black with some shades of charcoal grey, something which was similar to VF-0A, Grey/Medium Grey. Hopefully if yamato were to do the Nora ver, they would at least tempo print the yellow markings on it.

Wait, was there an SV-51 CF? I'm confused.

Yeah there were, although I can't tell what color they're supposed to be...

Is it worth watching? (of course, you'll say yes :p) I like the design of the VF-0 and the SV-51 looks neat.

Even if you end up not caring for the story, the battle scenes, which take place in the air, at sea, on land, will leave your mouth hanging open in awe. Go and see 'Zero, if only for the gloriously presented combat...

Is it worth watching? (of course, you'll say yes tongue.gif) I like the design of the VF-0 and the SV-51 looks neat.

Even if you end up not caring for the story, the battle scenes, which take place in the air, at sea, on land, will leave your mouth hanging open in awe. Go and see 'Zero, if only for the gloriously presented combat...

I've never understood why Zero gets so criticized around here. I loved it...battle scenes, art/animation, and story. I definitely recommend it to any SDF: Macross fan with an open mind.

But then again, I also loved Mac +, and that seems to get criticized a lot too, so what do I know?

Lucky there is not much to do with the SV-51, it's only got one set of armour. I think I will get 7 each of Ivanov, Nora and a CF. As usual, I will buy one of the initial run and purchase the rest later, I played that game with the YF-19 and I am pleased I did that.

yes Im thrilled with this release too. but I think we should keep the discussion about the price to ourselves. way to go Yamato!

PS: wow kensei, you can speak in Malaysian-Singaporean style?

I kept getting knocked with it in SGCollect forums, it's coming through even in the internet. :blink:

I like stopping people in their tracks though, like wolfx, even unintentionally. :lol:

Edited by kensei

Here's a variable kitbash someone did using the hasegawa kit

[attachmentid=39580]

Better and more pics (including Gerwalk) here:

http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/horton1485/ls...c=ph&.view=

It looks really fragile but remember that its made from a thin plastic kit in 1/72 scale that was supposed to be only a plane. Yamato will have more room and mass to work with.

Don't know if any other SV-51's in battroid mode have been made.

post-2996-1168871042_thumb.jpg