Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

yeah but now we have to wait until the middle of thea year and the

question about the ability of it to stand on its own bothers me a

bit i hope they work that out.

Lastly there's another transforming toy in development based on a popular 80s anime, which will please many Macrossworlders

Now that makes me wonder...

SV-51? Meh, I wanted 1/60 YF-21 news!

LOL, 1/35 scale ORGUSS!! :D

Edited by jenius

Didn't Nora stand to deliver a kick when Shin borrowed the crashed VF-0 in ep 1? It was one of the few non-CG animations of the Sv-51.

Heh heh---this is one of the few times where I can easily pass on the first release, and wait for the improved second one! I want a magenta Sv-51, not black. :)

Though the price probably will be insane. Bigger than a YF-19, more complex transformation (or at least, more and smaller parts), and includes a new display stand.

What is up with Yamato and display stands? Am I the only one who doesn't use any? First it seems the YF-19's gunpod problem is due to Yamato wanting it to be attached while the stand is affixed, and now we have to buy a stand along with the -51? It seems we're getting both design problems and now even higher costs, for stuff I really don't want anyways.

Where's my stand-less discount Sv-51? Maybe they'll offer that for Nora's version.

Hmmn. Wonder how they'll do the boosters/missiles---like they did for the VF-0? But there's no "independent drone" mode for the Sv-51 boosters, they are purely boosters.

PS---where's my VF-0D? I'll need it to fight (and lose to) Nora.

Took me a little bit to find Graham's update (Had to remember to look at the main site's webpage).

"Popular 80's anime," huh? Any chance HG/Toynami let go of some of the toy-making rights to Mospeada? (snowball's chance in hell, but I figured it was worth asking.)

I'll have to wait and see some pics of the SV-51 prototype before I make a decision. But if I fall in love with the Pope-Mecha, it looks like I'll have to buy a VF-0 to pair it up against.

EDIT: So, we now know the SV-51 is coming out. But what about Graham's earlier mystery sig. with the 21 spaces? Was the sig. related to SV-51, or does the sig. relate to something else?! :huh::ph34r::wacko:

Edited by Mog

yeah but now we have to wait until the middle of thea year and the

question about the ability of it to stand on its own bothers me a

bit i hope they work that out.

I don't think that would be much of an issue. As it only seems to be top heavy it is in its current resin form. The ABS pre-prodution version should be much lighter with much more thought put into the SV-51's ability to stand on its own. I'm just wondering how there going to make the periscope work without being so fragile.

I can only imagine fighter mode of this monstrosity (38cm/15in). AWESOME!!!

So, if the SV-51 is coming. Then, surely, the VF-11, YF-21, and the VF-0D should be coming as well. Since it is stated (by Graham) that Yamato IS truly devoted to the Macross license. Who knows, maybe even the VF-22S could make an appearance in the distant future. And as a far fetch, I'd even speculate, the Ghost from Macross Plus.

It's a GREAT TIME TO BE A MACROSS FAN, now that we have an actual toy producer on our side. :)

Agreed, but what's keeping me from jumping for joy is your avatar, for example. The complexity of the '51 leads me to think that we'll have QC and breakage problems that we've never even thought of at a price that we can barely afford.

Also, I think it's really strange that, according to Graham's update, the Japanese customers are not experiencing the breakage problems that we are. Are the Japanese acquiring replacement parts without officially reporting the breaks? Do Japanese fans actually transform/play with their variable fighters? Inquiring minds want to know...

you'd think they'd be getting complaints by the truck loads about the broken arms.

I just want Yamato to test the heck out of the SV51 (everything else too) before it goes on

the market. Giving it to a child about say 10 years old would definately point out any durablity issues.

That to young ? Ok. But the QC thing has gone on for far too long and having to spend

$160 +/- on these things warrants extra effort on the part of the QC staff to ensure

everything is perfect, from the start not after its been purchased.

I have to say I'm so happy to hear that this is coming out. I adore the SV-51, I think it's one of the more unique VF designs and definitely a lovely lovely fighter.

Same here.

Just the transformation should be impressive as hell, let alone with the size Yamato says the toy will have.

Hope they just do a normal stand and not waste budged on flashy designs (for me a good stand is one that you hardly see). Might wait for the Nora scheme; black kinda eats detail unless you have a lot of light.

So, eugimon, can you prophesize things that won’t make us loose money? How about lottery numbers? :p

No breakages in japan huh?

This is gonna be totally wrong Im sure...but could it be something in the shipping? something about being flown around the screws with the pressure or temp and the plastic reacts? I mean that probably cant happen, but it would explain why the japanese dont have the issue as much as we do.

SV-51 is good; expensive is bad. 19 FPs are ok, but no word on price. diff schemes for the 19 is GREAT!

Thanx for all that Graham.

This is a valk that I would expect to be delicate. I hope Yamato does their own interpretation and makes a few adjustments here and there to increase the durability of the toy.

Cool news, just as i suspected the SV-51 will be done before the YF-21 or VF-11B. Defintely will be getting the ivanov and nora vers. Will wait and see how things go, cos it would involved alot of intricate and delicate transformation parts.

The 1/60 super nova YF-19 sounds good, would defintely get both the Blue/White and Orange/White if it was done, please do tempo printing for the sponsor markings on the wings and shoulders instead of providing stickers for them. As for the low vis YF-19, most probably its a black/grey ver or a digital camo ver. Tentatively we could be seeing 4 to 5 different variants of the YF-19.

As for the 2 seaters VE-1, VT-1 SO and VF-1D, my guess they would be done in 1/60 but with perfect transformation and better details/poseability/accuracy to the linear art. There is even a possibility that yamato might redo selected series of the VF-1S/J/A namely the squadron leaders.

As for the 80s anime, my best guess is mospeda, bring them on yamato, the alpha/beta fighters!

Edited by recon

The first version to be released will be Ivanov's black SV-51

I hope it'll have a matt finish. IMO that always looks best on black surfaces.

The toy will come with a specially designed display stand to help support the toy in Battroid mode

Let's hope it's going to be something like the flexistands so we can have a little variation in our poses. There's absolutely no need for the battroid the click onto a stand, the flexistands have no trouble at all holding a Valk in place. And please make it using a clear plastic!

I'd really like the boosters to be included in the package for the Nora variant. I can't wait to pose a Nora SV-51 with boosters alongside Shin's VF-0A with the Ghostbooster. :rolleyes:

BTW: I'm NOT waiting for a second issue with this one. I WANT IT YESTERDAY!!!!

No breakages in japan huh?

This is gonna be totally wrong Im sure...but could it be something in the shipping? something about being flown around the screws with the pressure or temp and the plastic reacts? I mean that probably cant happen, but it would explain why the japanese dont have the issue as much as we do.

SV-51 is good; expensive is bad. 19 FPs are ok, but no word on price. diff schemes for the 19 is GREAT!

Thanx for all that Graham.

Just how many people here broke their VF-0 shoulders? Last i read, there were about 2 ppl tops. Mine is still fine thank god.

Good to here that they will be doing an SV-51. I think I shall have to start saving up now for it however. Good news on the colour schemes as well - I had this horrible thought that they would only do the Nora scheme for some reason. As I much prefer the Ivanov version I am quite happy to know that won't be the case.

I'd wager they won't be putting the boosters in with the initial release - especially given that they will already be including this special "battroid stand" which is going to push the price point up anyway. If they do include the boosters then be prepared for a real wallet breaking price point. I will probably get myself an SV-51 but doubt I'll be able to afford more than one - especially as I still need to get myself a -19, and there is a threat of two colour schemes to choose from there, and either a GBP or a set of FASTpacks for my second 1/48th -1S.

Karl

^^^ It seems that it'll be over $200, but IMO it'll be worth it. Yamato has been putting out some damn fine collectible toys with astounding detail and perfect transformation. Simply amazing!

ot - it's a shame Yamato isn't considering 2-seater VF-1s in 1/48...

That is great news and big suprise expected YF-21 or VF-11 first.

How long will it be before we see photos of the resin model and the CAD drawing in the hobby magazines?

Money from promotion will just go directly to Yamato.

Graham stated in his meeting report that the first pics will pop up around march.

That is great news and big suprise expected YF-21 or VF-11 first.

How long will it be before we see photos of the resin model and the CAD drawing in the hobby magazines?

Money from promotion will just go directly to Yamato.

you were surprised? I told you guys the SV-51 was coming first. :p

I will be getting this, I have to since I plan on getting Shin's VF-0 to go with my VF-0S. It just wouldn't be right, lol. :p

If the other 80's transforiming toy turns out to be a Mospeada "Alpha"w/"Beta" coming soon after, I will weep like a woman in a fit of joy!!!! I'm man enough to admit it... <_<:p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

PS: wow kensei, you can speak in Malaysian-Singaporean style?

Yeah...that kinda threw me off as well. :lol:

For the SV-51 not being able to stand....i think I can deal with it......its probably possible to make it stand in a neutral stance but anything more complicated might be impossible. The "claws" on the legs are rather broad so it helps in stabilizing the whole battroid. Hopefully the hip and knee joints will be tight.