Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

sigh..... Waiting for Nora, ohhh the pain! T_T

I can't buy 4 valks in a year, stuff that.

Shin, soon Nora, and the 25th YF-19 and the YF-21 1st 1/4 2008!

I really do hope the YF-21 comes around May, (birthday) i am running out of excuses to buy these credit card benders!

Hehehhe. I believe you'll suffer his yamato-ism most, vanpang. ;)

Anyway...those who are gonna take more pics, let's see some poses and the wings unfolded in battroid. ;)

haha, i'm not giving up at all.

i hope everyone who took the plunge and threw down their hard earned money for this, gets a perfect flawless one.

Amen to that bro! Lets really hope this would be a first for yamato. ^_^

Edited by recon

Hi ,heres my little input .Just got my SV-51 last night and only manage to toy around with it today .So far no stress marks or cracks are found after transforming it to the gerwalk and battroid mode .The only thing is that the legs are either pretty heavy when in battroid mode or the ball joint at the intake area is louse which is quite frustrating when posing on the stand .The other loose parts will be the arm at the elbow area ,it tends to swivel abit here and there especially the arm that is going to carry the gun itself .And the wings which when fully loaded with its payload seems in stress as it it is pretty much weight down .Other then that ,the SV-51 is really a very nice bird !

this is not what i wanted to hear but i'm certainly not jumping on the hate wagon just yet.

i'm gonna have to bite my tongue and wait to hear from more members.

thanks for your post. :)

Hate to post bad news, but according to one user in toysdaily, his SV-51 had three problems.

1st problem: Both wings have right hinge joint thus making it unable to bend fully

2nd problem: Body locking mechanism is loose

3rd problem: If one plays with the hip joint too much, it will result in a loose leg

Sorry if my interpretation is bad cos my chinese aint that good. Maybe swoosh can help translate.

In my opinion, the problems listed are minor except for the two right hinge joint on the wings, which is probably a result of the assembly worker sleeping on the job

Link: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...;extra=page%3D1

Edited by recon

Hate to post bad news, but according to one user in toysdaily, his SV-51 had three problems.

1st problem: Both wings have right hinge joint thus making it unable to bend fully

3rd problem: If one plays with the hip joint too much, it will result in a loose leg

Sorry if my interpretation is bad cos my chinese aint that good. Maybe swoosh can help translate.

In my opinion, the problems listed are minor except for the two right hinge joint on the wings, which is probably a result of the assembly worker sleeping on the job

Link: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...;extra=page%3D1

Just checked mine, I agree the 1st one is a real issue :wacko: (I had never tried to bend it fully), the other two just can happens to any toys, the body locking mechanism is better then YF-19.

Edited by Swoosh

i can't read chinese but it looks like he solved the 1st problem. not that i want to dismantle an expensive toy but it looks fixable which is better than having to replace it.

the 2nd problem isn't great but again, i can't read chinese so i don't really know what the extent of the problem is?

the 3rd one sucks. i hope that dude(or someone here) disassembles it to see if it can be fixed. most ball joints can be tightened to some degree, i just hope the parts aren't all glued together like the VF-0's.

How hard is it to move the metal pin in a hinge? I've never been able to move them in other toys (afraid of forcing them to much).

How's the posabiliy of the SV-51? Same as the 1/48?

BTW, those Toysdaily emoticons sure are cute :lol:

Oh dear. That thing is a beauty! I want it so badly, but I must wait...

*right click 'save image as...'*, *right click 'save image as...'*, *right click 'save image as...'*, *right click 'save image as...'*

B))

Yep!... Tedious, but it gets the job done. ;)

The Ivanov SV-51 looks gorgeous, in a sinister, ugly, way. I'm glad I got the early bird pre-order at HLJ; now I just have to wait until I get the email from them and then the delivery wait begins. The reported "problems" reported thus far -- granted, it is early so a lot more f-ups and design flaws can show up -- are fairly minor:

1. The wing droops a bit when loaded with all the ordnance, and really sags when the boosters are attached -- Not surprising considering that wings are hinged to fold vertically in two places and is rather thin.

2. Some joint looseness -- Could be a design problem, but if the affected parts can be easily disassemble it should not pose a problem to affect minor "repair". Also, given the limited number of reviews, this could be an isolated occurrence... time will tell.

3. The second hinge wing pivot problem looks like an assembly mistake (QC oversight... this is Yamato after all...). However, it looks like a painless fix.

I'm eagerly anticipating getting this mean bird in my hands. post-664-1188419740.gif

The sagging wings DOES suck, but it doesnt seem TO bad without the Boosters, so it could be worse. And I can't think of any way they could have prevented it, given the thin wings on the 51.

Looseness will depend on how bad it is and where it is. No one else has really mentioned it yet, so Im not going to panic.

And nothing is perfect; every so often a toy gets put together a bit wrong. it sucks, especially on something this pricey, but one incident does not a horriblew fault make.

It's good to be cautious and get these reports, but let's not start BoBing yet...

Well it seems that one I'm getting that has the label Happinet for manufacturer is really a Yamato version. It seems Happinet was a distributor? Can't wait to get it. So far tracking says it left HK. I wonder how long to reach Hawaii??

This is my frist HG transforming toy. Not sure about fixing anything on it. I hope its nice as I won't be "playing" with it like a kid. Ah who am I kidding. :)

Ohhh can't wait. can't wait. :)

woa! that's one good looking valk

still...waits for reviews, I hope I'm wrong on this and Yamato really improved, but QC usually start appearing after the honeymoon period that's about 2-3 weeks that you stop aweing the bird and start noticing the little things---

still...I want one!

Well it seems that one I'm getting that has the label Happinet for manufacturer is really a Yamato version. It seems Happinet was a distributor? Can't wait to get it. So far tracking says it left HK. I wonder how long to reach Hawaii??

This is my frist HG transforming toy. Not sure about fixing anything on it. I hope its nice as I won't be "playing" with it like a kid. Ah who am I kidding. :)

Ohhh can't wait. can't wait. :)

HG transforming toy? if it was HG i don't think many here would be quite so excited

Anyway you have provid epics when you get it. :)