Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

The only issue I have thus far is in the explanation of the VF-1J "Command Colors" fighter.

It is described as a fighter used by the CAG, but that honor is reserved for the VF-1S.

I strongly suspect the VF-1S is also used by Wing Commanders, but Squadron leaders and flight leaders use the VF-1J as we saw throughout the series. As soon as Ichijo was given command of a flight, he was upgraded to a "1J".

Roy appears to be a Wing Commander, not the CAG of the Macross, however, that in itself is debatable.

The only issue I have thus far is in the explanation of the VF-1J "Command Colors" fighter.

It is described as a fighter used by the CAG, but that honor is reserved for the VF-1S.

I strongly suspect the VF-1S is also used by Wing Commanders, but Squadron leaders and flight leaders use the VF-1J as we saw throughout the series. As soon as Ichijo was given command of a flight, he was upgraded to a "1J".

Roy appears to be a Wing Commander, not the CAG of the Macross, however, that in itself is debatable.

The VF-1J is properly described in it's main entry so I'm not sure how that little CAG error creeped in. I often bounce from profile to profile while I'm working because it maintains my interest and allows me to act on inspiration for given piece of writing, which doesn't necessarily wait. I'll take note and make the correction. This one's easy to fix.

Some comments about the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs-Class Fleet Command Battleship. I think the ship is issued to all Fleet Commanders, not just Britai. Another Nupetiet-Vergnitzs were present during the factory satellite capture operation, commanded by another Zentran (I forgot his name).

Some comments about the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs-Class Fleet Command Battleship. I think the ship is issued to all Fleet Commanders, not just Britai. Another Nupetiet-Vergnitzs were present during the factory satellite capture operation, commanded by another Zentran (I forgot his name).

Where in the description does it say the NV is one of a kind? The ship is a class, like all the Zentradi vessels. Even Bodolzaa's flagship was not unique (I believe it's stated at around 1000-2000 vessels). Not seeing this one...

• 1 month later...

MAJOR UPDATE

The Macross Mecha Manual is back with a bang. Today features a major update with 48 new profiles. Free from the demands of the VF-1 and all the numerous VF-1 variants, I'm now able to fill out some of the other sections. The focus of this update is Capital Ships and Vehicles though naturally new mecha have been added as well. You'll also find a few older profiles have been updated and visitors who suggested changes will notice some of their ideas implemented. I'd like to thank all the visitors for their feedback and especially say thanks for all your positive comments.

This update also features the debut of two new Macross sections, Macross Zero and Macross Plus. Also, a special Features section has been added and some minor corrections/revisions have been made to the entire website.

The jewel of the update: the SV-51 from Macross Zero, featured in three different color schemes and one variant.

Here is a list of all the new Macross mecha added in this update:

***SDF Macross Section***

MBR-04 Destroid Defender Mk X

HWR-00 Destroid Monster Mk II

SDR-04 Destroid Phalanx Mk XII

MBR-07 Destroid Spartan Mk II

Oberth Class Destroyer

LVT Avenger II

Comanchero

F203 Dragon II

EC-33B Disk Sensor

QF-3000E Ghost

SF-3A Lancer II

SC-27 Star Goose

VC-33 Mom's Kitchen

VC-27 Tunny

Glaug

Glaug Booster

**Updated** Nousjadeul-Ger

Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class Fleet Flagship

**Updated** Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Class Fleet Command Battleship

Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship

Queadol-Magdomilla Class Fleet Command Battleship

Quiltra-Queleual Class Landing Ship Tank

Picket Patrol Ship

Quel-Quallie Theatre Scout

Factory Satellite

Gnerl

MiM-31 Karyovin

Fan Liner

Fan Racer

Fokker D.VII

LH-2000

Supervision Army Derelict

***DYRL Section***

**Updated** VF-1A Super Valkyrie

**Updated** VF-1A Super Hikaru Valkyrie

ARMD Class Carrier (Film)

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Class Fleet Command Battleship

Golg Gant Charts

Meltran Flagship

Meltran LST

Meltran Battleship

Meltran Destroyer

Meltran Cruiser

Meltran Gunboat

Meltran Picket

***Macross Zero Section***

SV-51

Variant SV-51 "Nora"

Variant SV-51 "Ivanov"

SV-51 "Booster"

***Macross Plus Section***

X-9 Ghost

Zentradi Battle Suit

Sports Car (2040)

Sport-Tour Motorcycle (2040)

Stellar Whale Passenger Liner

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Mr March

If I can eventually purchase some art books, I would certainly include Escaflowne (epecially since I really like that series). I'd also like to have a Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam, an EVA from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kaneda's Bike from Akira, but I don't have any line art of those myself. For now, I have to rely on fans willing to submit scans in a sufficient format and resolution if it were to make it on the M3.

Mr March there are a couple of things I noticed -

1. The head lasers on Max and Millia' VF-1J are supposed to be blue and red as in the pic below.

I kind of like the gray head lasers that you have, but if you want canon lineart colors it would be the way the anime shows them.

2. The black triangular things are lights that are supposed to be blue and red see pic below.

post-2177-1172374534_thumb.jpg

post-2177-1172374552_thumb.jpg

I'm definitely loving the lineart. I would prefer thumbnails for links, but as I am a beggar and not a chooser, I can only say it would be cool if you made thumbnail links someday.

Do you mean a small little 80x80 picture instead of the written "VF-1A Valkyrie" link in the main menus? Or something else?

Mr March there are a couple of things I noticed -

1. The head lasers on Max and Millia' VF-1J are supposed to be blue and red as in the pic below.

I kind of like the gray head lasers that you have, but if you want canon lineart colors it would be the way the anime shows them.

2. The black triangular things are lights that are supposed to be blue and red see pic below.

Hey, great catch on the Max and Milia variants! I'll make a note and correct those six pictures; twelve including the thumbnails I guess :)

The navigation lights for the VF-1J line art are all black. I can't color them unless I alter the line art itself, which I don't really like doing if it can be avoided. I'll have to leave those as drawn by Kawamori.

Thanks for the help. Keep your eyes peeled for any other corrections and send me notice.

Oh, sorry, I meant thumbnails as links to the lineart.

I suppose it's an idea. But it really depends upon your own screen resolution I guess. See, at my desktop res (1280x1024) the current pictures in each profile basically feel like thumbnails to me, even at 250 pixels in width. You click on them and they lead to a big 800+ pixel picture. Maybe at low resolutions, 250 pixels makes the initial pictures seem very large (like at 800x600, the thumbnails fill the whole left side of the screen). But really, the site is designed for 1024x768 or higher.

In the Macross Plus section you have Zentradi Battle Suit listed. I thought that was an Anti-UN suit?

I'm unaware of any hard, official information that states the Battle Suit is affiliated with anyone except the Zentradi. Because there's so little information, I just gave a vague listing of "Dissident Factions" as a catch all for either some Anti-UN group, the big Zentradi military, or rogue Zentradi groups from the Bodol fleet still operating after Space War I. But your guess is as good as mine.

I'm unaware of any hard, official information that states the Battle Suit is affiliated with anyone except the Zentradi. Because there's so little information, I just gave a vague listing of "Dissident Factions" as a catch all for either some Anti-UN group, the big Zentradi military, or rogue Zentradi groups from the Bodol fleet still operating after Space War I. But your guess is as good as mine.

Actually your probably correct because I got the info off of the old McCain's DRG And D.I.T.T.S site which is more of an RPG site due to the amount of extra material.

Example:

"The Nousjaedul-Rau mecha incorporates technologies from both the Nousjaedul Ger and the Queadluun-Rau Power Armors. The mecha was designed and built as a joint effort between Rogue Zentraedi Factions and the Anti-UN forces. This is the main combat mecha of the current day Zentraedi forces."

Actually your probably correct because I got the info off of the old McCain's DRG And D.I.T.T.S site which is more of an RPG site due to the amount of extra material.

Example:

"The Nousjaedul-Rau mecha incorporates technologies from both the Nousjaedul Ger and the Queadluun-Rau Power Armors. The mecha was designed and built as a joint effort between Rogue Zentraedi Factions and the Anti-UN forces. This is the main combat mecha of the current day Zentraedi forces."

Yeah, the RPG statistics are tough to go from because they arbitrarily fill in a lot of information because the blank spaces need filling in. I kinda have to stick with what little is known for fact and what actually happened in the anime. Usually, I have just enough to fill out a profile, but little else :)

Awesome. I guess I was looking on the wrong page or expecting it under the mecha heading.

Nice to see it written up - it often gets overlooked.

Worked out for the best anyway. I just noticed another one of those minor "?" errors in the Gnerl description. They pop up when I don't use HTML code for apostrophes and the like. I just corrected it and uploaded the new page. When you visit it again, just press relaod on the Gnerl screen and you should see it gone :)

Thanks Prime and Gabe Q. It's a lot of fun seeing this site grow.

I'm impressed. It's a very professional looking site with well written descriptions. I love the clean images. Overall, I give it an A.

Don't know if this has been gone over in this thread but any plans for a page for Max's VF-1S in DYRL?

Great site by the way, nicely coloured line art.

Yes. The Max, Hikaru, and Roy versions of the VF-1S without FAST Packs will be included in the next update, along with colored line art of the wing mounted UUM-7 Micro Missile Pods.

Thanks for visiting and the compliments. Make sure to come back and visit for the next update, coming soon.

Edited by Mr March

• 4 weeks later...

MAJOR UPDATE

Once again the Macross Mecha Manual is updated with more exciting mecha from the Macross universe. This update features 40 new profiles as well as revisions for a few existing entries. The success of the Macross Mecha Manual has been very apparent and fan reaction has been almost universally positive. As such the website will continue to expand as much as the mecha material allows. The focus of this update is Vehicles and Valkyries.

Two more new Macross sections open with this update, Flashback 2012 and Macross 7.

Lastly, I’ve opened the Humor section with some parody posters designed just for Macross fans. These “Macross Motivational Messages†are a small series of 15 posters that I hope make you all laugh or at least chuckle.

The standout of this update: the VF-11 from Macross Plus and Macross 7 featured in two different color schemes and two variants.

Here is a list of all the new Macross mecha added in this update:

***Macross Zero Section***

VF-0A

***SDF Macross Section***

Ambulance

APC

Boom Lift Truck

ES-11D Cat’s Eye

DL-88 Centipede

M-299

GN XM-3002

Refrigerator Truck

Sea Sergeant

Spider Bug

VF-X-4

Zentradi Shuttle

***DYRL? Section***

VF-1A "Hikaru"

VF-1A "Kakizaki"

VF-1S (Film Version)

VF-1S “Maxâ€

RC-4E Rabbit

Queadluun-Rau (Film Version)

Laplamiz Mobile Fortress

Gorg Bodolzaa Mobile Fortress

Nousjadeul-Ger (Film Version)

Light Transport Boat

Zentradi Shuttle (Film Version)

Atlita

A-510 Sports Car (2010)

Boom Lift Truck (Film Version)

***Flashback 2012 Section***

VF-4 Lightning III

***Macross Plus Section***

VF-11 Thunderbolt

VF-11 Thunderbolt “Boosterâ€

SB-10/10 Starwing

***Macross 7 Section***

VF-11 “Macross 7 Fleetâ€

VF-11 “Protect Armorâ€

Queadluun-Rau “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Flagship “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran LST “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Battleship “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Destroyer “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Cruiser “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Gunboat “Chlore Fleetâ€

Meltran Picket “Chlore Fleetâ€

***Additions/Corrections****

New color variant Alternate Division Colors Picket Patrol Ship (Purple)

New color variant Alternate Division Colors Thurvel-Salan Battleship (Purple)

New color variant Destroid Spartan Mk II (Blue)

Debut update for Destroid Phalanx Mk XII

Picture update to the Monster Mk II colored pictures

Text update to Defender Mk X

Text update to VC-27 Tunny

Debut update Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Command Ship

Debut update for VF-1J “Maxâ€

Debut update VF-1 Atmospheric Booster

Debut and picture update SC-27 Stargoose (Booster)

Picture corrections for VF-1J Max and VF-1J Milia

Debut update for LVT Avenger II

Debut update for Comanchero

Text update to VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

Format update to VF-1S Super Valkyrie

Text update to Golg Gants Charts

Text update to SDF-1 Macross (Film Version)

Picture added (UUM-7 Missile Pod) to VF-1A Super Valkyrie (DYRL)

Picture added (UUM-7 Missile Pod) to VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (DYRL)

Text update to VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Film Version)

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Mr March