Annoying music poll

eight_car

I Just finished watching robotech again (after a 10 year break).

A few thoughts occurred to me.

1) I appreciate robotech for what it is/was to me ... A gateway to discovering Macross and anime. Good for its purpose, but a horrible hack job of good anime.

2) I still cringe when I hear Minmei's ROBOTECH music

3) Mospeada may look like a good series to watch.

4) If Southern Cross is good, Robotech did it a real disservice, will not go out of my way to check it out.

5) I liked Mac7 music FAR better than Minmei's ROBOTECH music, then again I would rather listen to nails on the chalkboard than Minmei's ROBOTECH music.

6) Minmei's DYRL music is great.

Edit: First choice as Minmei's ROBOTECH singing, can't figure otu how to edit poll :(

Ok, don't know what happened there. I fixed the poll options, but then the entire poll itself disappeared. I'd suggest starting a new thread. Never had that happen, I've edited polls without problems before. Maybe it thought your poll was beyond help or something.

I think I remember reading that Carl Macek got death-threats from angry Macross fans at the time for chopping the 3 series together. Anyone able to confirm that?

As for annoying tunes, I got the Mac2 VHS tapes in the '90s and I remember that all through the series the music was from the original soundtrack but in the last episode towards the finale Ishtar's singing suddenly switched to an American dub that sounded like someone's heavy-set Aunt belting out a song at a wedding reception or somthing! (I think it was Ishtar anyway, I've not watched those tapes in quite a while, I just remember laughing my ass off!)

The DYRL soundtrack is ace in my opinion, but personally I don't think you can beat Yoko Kanno's work on Mac+. And how about 'Get Free' from the VFX-2 Soundtrack, eh? Kickass!

I haven't had the chance to watch VFX-2.

Could you tell me where to find that????

I agree ith the Mac II singing, good except for when Ishtar suddenly starts singing in English, bad but still FAR better than that annoying Minmei ROBOTECH singing!

I loved the techno music in Mac+, and most the other music in Mac +.

Ok, don't know what happened there. I fixed the poll options, but then the entire poll itself disappeared. I'd suggest starting a new thread. Never had that happen, I've edited polls without problems before. Maybe it thought your poll was beyond help or something.

Even the BB software thought Minmei's ROBOTECH singing was beyond hope! LOL :D

When you say unique, what do you mean?

I don't mean either good/bad, I am asking about genre.

Honestly, it's been a while since I've watched so maybe one of the other members could answer better. I just remember being like :blink: during some of the songs. In comparison, I was like this during Mac7 <_< , like this during Macross ^_^ , and like this during Mac+ :) . The genres in Mospeada, IIRC, were more rock/pop. I think Yellow would sing sultry-like occasionally and rock out occasionally and if I'm not mistaken they used two different voice actors for when he was singing girl style and talking like a girl vs when he spoke/sang manly. Man, it has been a really long time since I watched. You know, I must say that Robotech's New Gen did alright by me as far as the music went. I kind of liked the RT Yellow singing songs that could be construed as a call for insurgence... I don't think you get that at all in Mospeada.

Honestly, it's been a while since I've watched so maybe one of the other members could answer better. I just remember being like :blink: during some of the songs. In comparison, I was like this during Mac7 <_< , like this during Macross ^_^ , and like this during Mac+ :) . The genres in Mospeada, IIRC, were more rock/pop. I think Yellow would sing sultry-like occasionally and rock out occasionally and if I'm not mistaken they used two different voice actors for when he was singing girl style and talking like a girl vs when he spoke/sang manly. Man, it has been a really long time since I watched. You know, I must say that Robotech's New Gen did alright by me as far as the music went. I kind of liked the RT Yellow singing songs that could be construed as a call for insurgence... I don't think you get that at all in Mospeada.

I did like the singing in RT TNG. It would be hard for me to believe that RT actually did some music BETTER THAN the anime it was taken from. :wacko:

To be honest, the Robosuck Minmay music sucked complete ass. Even the worst Macross soundtracks are superior in my opinion.

The Robosuck tracks do strange things to people. I have this theory that some Roblowtech fan was blaring "Stage Fright" full blast, while riding past the Branch Dravidian Complex, back in '93. By some strange coincidence, it was at that moment that the BATF was riding up. Hearing that horrible song, both the agents and Davidians (for reasons even they can't explain to this day) went temporarily insane and started shooting all over the place. :p:p:p:wacko:

The Geneva Conventions were amended to ban playing Roboblech songs on the battlefield. And Congress has forbidden the use of them for interrogation purposes, by the CIA, in the War on Terror. They are deemed that cruel to the listener. And the CIA agrees with this assessment. Plus, the agreement not use RoboMinmay music in harassment attacks on one another, is one deal that neither Israel ,nor their opponents, have ever broken. :p:p:p

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

To be honest, the Robosuck Minmay music sucked complete ass. Even the worst Macross soundtracks are superior in my opinion.

The Robosuck tracks do strange things to people. I have this theory that some Roblowtech fan was blaring "Stage Fright" full blast, while riding past the Branch Dravidian Complex, back in '93. By some strange coincidence, it was at that moment that the BATF was riding up. Hearing that horrible song, both the agents and Davidians (for reasons even they can't explain to this day) went temporarily insane and started shooting all over the place. :p:p:p:wacko:

The Geneva Conventions were amended to ban playing Roboblech songs on the battlefield. And Congress has forbidden the use of them for interrogation purposes, by the CIA, in the War on Terror. They are deemed that cruel to the listener. And the CIA agrees with this assessment. Plus, the agreement not use RoboMinmay music in harassment attacks on one another, is one deal that neither Israel ,nor their opponents, have ever broken. :p:p:p

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

I found that entirely funny :D

I was stationed at in texASS a few months after the Davidian thing, interesting theory you have that could very well be true as I never saw any Robotech stuff there. They could've erased all traces so that woulddn't happen again!

Seriously, read my 1st post about how I feel about Robotech. But I will trash to the ends of time Minmei ROBOTECH singing! :):D

I haven't had the chance to watch VFX-2.

Could you tell me where to find that????

I agree ith the Mac II singing, good except for when Ishtar suddenly starts singing in English, bad but still FAR better than that annoying Minmei ROBOTECH singing!

I loved the techno music in Mac+, and most the other music in Mac +.

If you want to watch the intro to VFX-2 without buying the game you can watch it (along with some other cool random Macross gubbins from the games) on the 'Macross 20th Aniversary' DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of like some of the music from macross 7. The movie songs "Heart and Soul" and "Flash in the Dark" i reckon were the ones that stood out for me

You know what. That I liked. Funny thing is those songs only appear in the Galaxy is Calling Me.

I also like Try again and the planet rock.

The others are just to corny child like pop for me.

You know what. That I liked. Funny thing is those songs only appear in the Galaxy is Calling Me.

I also like Try again and the planet rock.

The others are just to corny child like pop for me.

Some of Mylenes songs were alright :) . Most of Basaras I can't stand. :angry:

One or two of Minmay's songs were also quite good, but what i like from the old show and movie is the soundtrack music not much the singing. Mac + the same though i did like the end song "Voices". As for Mac Zero nothing comes to mind. :blink:

Didn't like the music in

Miss Dynamite

Need to listen to again before I judge

Mac zero

I think the music in Mac zero is French or something. By the way "Miss Dynamite" is a real RnB singer from the UK, I know you meant "Dynamite 7" i think thats what its called anyway :wacko:

Yeah the M0 lyrics are in French.

I've liked the music in all the series, including MII. Hell the music is one of the few things I like about MII.

The M7 and Dynamite 7 music have really grown on me. Especially Angel Voice.

I like the BGM of the original Macross series and DYRL? but most of Minmay's songs make me cringe. "My boyfriend is a pilot" is the worst offender.

Macross Plus and II were both good.

Macross 7 and its sequels...ummm I liked the "Heart and Soul" duet from the Macross 7 the movie and both closing credits songs from the series. The opening from D7 is kinda cool. The rest of the music makes me want to stab my ears with a butter knife... :wacko:

Macross Zero, much like the series, nothing memorable.

Edited by dejr8bud