I agree that the movie fell short because it was an origins story. a retelling of the begining just wasn't a good

idea to me The story could have started with all powers acquired and bad guy at the ready. I agree that

taking Doom and completely re-doing him was wrong. He wasn't menacing in that costume nor was he really

the Villain I know. Yes i understand that for the mass market introductions have to be made, but it can be done

in 5-10 minutes. Chiklas worked but Alba brought nothing meaningful to the Character ; Cute yes but i didnt

care about her. The love triangle with her and doom and richards was lame.

From what i have been told they are going to make Doom more like he is supposed to be in this movie. Yes doom is also in the movie, rumor has it he teams up with the surfer for a bit. Hopefully he will somehow use magic. Let say he uses the dark arts to transfer into a new body back at his home country. Then with his newly acquired skills he goes on a rampage and teams up with the surfer to take down the 4.

Little known fact about the Fantastic Four...

Originally Stan Lee was going to give Ben "The Thing" Grimm the ability to turn on and off his rocky hard body. The idea was quickly axed when it was realized that Ben would have to yell out, "Hard -ON!" when making his transformation. :lol:

Oh alright, I made that one up. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

• 5 months later...

Was Doom Surfing on the Surfer's board? And Was Galactus nothing more than a cloud?

Unfortunate yes to both questions... The first half hour was a wedding comedy. Silver Surfer scenes were cool... but they already showed all of those on the net. The team did nothing to lend a hand to Galactus' destruction and it looked like SS farted in the clouds to stop the big G... couldnt he had done that before all the other planets got destroyed? And were we to accept that the earth already knew about life in outerspace before they revealed the fact that SS left a path of destruction thru populated planets?

I could go on and on... I'm well aware that this is mindless popcorn summer blockbuster, but I wasnt aware that movies like these were suppose to insult the intelligence of people, even kids. I'm gonna watch the Incredibles just to make my brain feel a little better.

Y'know I'm kinda glad I'm sticking with "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" rather than "The World's Greatest Piece O' Crap sequel". GAWD! Galactus as a cloud(shudder!). I mean these guys want do a movie based on a comic but they don't want to do a comic book movie(catch 22). It's soooooooooooooooo stupid! The current FF arc is pretty good with Black Panther & Storm. Black Panther uses Doom's power dampner vest and proceeds to kick the Silver Surfer's a*%(COOL). Hey, here's a novel idea! Why don't these studios hire the comic book writers & do a decent movie for a change.

I don't get why you guys are judging the movie so damn hard.

I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable, the jokes were funny it shook the whole theater, you don't have to take it directly from the comics and base it off that entirely.

As long as you enjoyed watching it ,then what's so bad about it? :huh:

Then tell me this then, how could you make the movie better to get some positive opinions?

Doom stealing the surfboard is straight out of the comics. I'm not saying that everything that plays well in the comics plays well on the big screen, but it's not some hare-brained idea the movie guys came up with.

Incidentally, was there any explanation given for why the SS is, you know, SURFING?

I don't get why you guys are judging the movie so damn hard.

I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable, the jokes were funny it shook the whole theater, you don't have to take it directly from the comics and base it off that entirely.

As long as you enjoyed watching it ,then what's so bad about it? :huh:

Then tell me this then, how could you make the movie better to get some positive opinions?

I didnt' enjoy it... that's my point. :rolleyes: I"m not gonna sit here and tell people how it should be done, but if you can read over my complaints maybe that'll give you a clue to what the problems are. Or maybe there's not enough special effects on my post for you to pay attention.

Silly rabbit! People will always complain about film adaptions. ALWAYS!

Always... and there's a a reason. I avoided F4 the first time around because I knew I wouldnt like it. This time I went with friends who wanted to see it. But these film adaptations including Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, DareDevil, The Hulk, etc... have all just had stories that were inane and completely senseless. And people keep buying into the hype because its something they recognize. I don't go around saying there's no good ones. Good comic book or product based movies are around but very few. Pirates (the first one), The Crow (the first one) and even Kung Fu Hustle, which isnt based one any product but provided the exact type of entertainment these promise. The fact that people KNOW that the stories in these movies are stupid yet still but into them is inexcusable. I haven't been reaing comic books for a while now, but I know that the stories in those books arent as bad. I read the Ultimates comic books and those seem to be pretty cinematic but comes across very intelligently and the visuals are epic.

Good luck with your Transformers I'm sure it'll tickle your numb brains.

saw it for free... so glad I didnt pay... it was crap.

Thanks for the heads up! That'll at least save me a couple hours and nearly 20 bucks that both can be better spent elsewhere.

Was only gonna see it for the SS action anyways because they were so true to the CB. I thought that they would've at least set it up for the big G intro in a 3rd movie using the SS character exploration & Doom taking SS's powers as filler for the 2nd movie. And here I expected the second movie to be worth watching. Silly me. :rolleyes:

So much for the real popcorn flicks that Surfer movies could've been! Dammit! :angry:

I didnt' enjoy it... that's my point. :rolleyes: I"m not gonna sit here and tell people how it should be done, but if you can read over my complaints maybe that'll give you a clue to what the problems are. Or maybe there's not enough special effects on my post for you to pay attention.

*sigh*-_-

Don't go there.

Then what did you expect out of the movie if you didn't like the first one?

*sigh*-_-

Don't go there.

Then what did you expect out of the movie if you didn't like the first one?

Oh yeah I went there... so what?

It's not what I expect... it's the fact that it's exactly what I expected. I find it funny that people actually enjoy this crap. Tell me exactly what you liked about it and let me see if your taste is not the type that eats up this less than mediocre sploogefest. You didn't even address my problems with the film... all I hear from anyone that gives these films the thumbs up is "why didn't you like it?" and "well what did you expect?" Which is total BS. It's hilarious that movie makers are so pretentious that they don't want to do the comic books the way they are on the page because it's beneath them but in actuality the stories are better and actually make some sense. Even terry the lonewolf said it well, which suprised me cuz he's a total fanboy, "I mean these guys want do a movie based on a comic but they don't want to do a comic book movie(catch 22). It's soooooooooooooooo stupid!" I can feel myself ranting like it matters but it just annoys me to no end how people are just so complacent so that this type of "entertainment" keeps getting made. How about next time, we all dont check every part of our brains at the door and leave some so that we can recognize story when we see it?

Well said EXo. My dissapointment from the first film was that I think several of the characters were miscast. Namely Sue and Doom. Doom never had that grandious megamanical demeanor that I was hoping to see on film. When he put on the armor he should have come across as a totally different persona. That never happened in the 1st film. I was expecting something similar to Wilem Dafoes portrayal as the Goblin in the first Spidey film or the actor that Played Palpatine in the Attack of the Clones. His voice should have had a deeper resonance/cadence and not so matter of fact. His voice alone should instill some measure of fear or brazen arrogance from the character.

I also think the film never got across the fact that they FF4 are supposed to be science adventurers and not costumed vigilantes.

I kinda liked it. There were many elements in the movie that are are right out of the comics. Doom wanting to get the Surfer's "Power Cosmic" for one. Johnny and Ben stressing about Red and Sue getting married and potentially breaking up the team for another. I wish Galactus had not been a cloud - at least he could have been a giant Kirby-esque machine or something. Maybe inside the cloud he was the purple giant we all know and fear. If there is a Silver Surfer movie maybe we'll find out.

Edited by DestroidDefender

Well said EXo. My dissapointment from the first film was that I think several of the characters were miscast. Namely Sue and Doom. Doom never had that grandious megamanical demeanor that I was hoping to see on film. When he put on the armor he should have come across as a totally different persona. That never happened in the 1st film. I was expecting something similar to Wilem Dafoes portrayal as the Goblin in the first Spidey film or the actor that Played Palpatine in the Attack of the Clones. His voice should have had a deeper resonance/cadence and not so matter of fact. His voice alone should instill some measure of fear or brazen arrogance from the character.

I also think the film never got across the fact that they FF4 are supposed to be science adventurers and not costumed vigilantes.

It's funny how every other blonde actress in that movie wouldve made a better Sue Richards, like the army chick. They managed to make one of the hottest actresses in Hollywood look like a clown with the fake wig and the oddly colored contacts. She was hideous. At least show her body more, but they toned that down compared to the last movie too... make the one good thing about these movies disappear... great decision!

Some of the details killed it for me.

Spoilers

The Surfer's powers are based in his board ???!!!! BS

If you seperate him from the board he becomes the pewter surfer????!!! BS

The Surfer has the power to destroy Galatus, the guy that gave him his power????!!!

The Surfer's board has Lojack???

Galactus is a cloud? WTF. The ultimates verison of the big G was better.

And were we to accept that the earth already knew about life in outerspace before they revealed the fact that SS left a path of destruction thru populated planets?

I could go on and on... I'm well aware that this is mindless popcorn summer blockbuster, but I wasnt aware that movies like these were suppose to insult the intelligence of people, even kids. I'm gonna watch the Incredibles just to make my brain feel a little better.

That's a little hypocritical don't you think? :p

This just in, Tony Stark successfully takes over Microsoft and in other news Superman returns from another failed attempt to locate Krypton.

It's a movie based on a comic book. So yes in their movie world they can have you believe anything they want.

Yes I thought overall the movie was bad. It was however better than the first. Alba should not have been cast and Doom's costume was weak at best. Unlike most in here I think Thing should have been CGI. I thought the CGI Hulk looked great. Yes CGI has been done a lot, but I don't think studios should just ignore the technology because it's here to stay. To me Thing LOOKS like a guy in a suit. I would rather have him look like good CGI than a guy in a suit. I mean he only marginally looks better than this.

http://www.funwarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Fan...umes_Adult.html :D

Laurence Fishburne as SS voice was perfect though.

That's a little hypocritical don't you think? :p

This just in, Tony Stark successfully takes over Microsoft and in other news Superman returns from another failed attempt to locate Krypton.

It's a movie based on a comic book. So yes in their movie world they can have you believe anything they want.

Yes I thought overall the movie was bad. It was however better than the first. Alba should not have been cast and Doom's costume was weak at best. Unlike most in here I think Thing should have been CGI. I thought the CGI Hulk looked great. Yes CGI has been done a lot, but I don't think studios should just ignore the technology because it's here to stay. To me Thing LOOKS like a guy in a suit. I would rather have him look like good CGI than a guy in a suit. I mean he only marginally looks better than this.

http://www.funwarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Fan...umes_Adult.html :D

Laurence Fishburne as SS voice was perfect though.

A little maybe, but Superman coming from another planet was the news established in the first movies. In this one, Reed punched a couple of keys and came to the needed conclusion... but yes, by limiting my complaint to a short sentence my argument fails... I understand that I have to spell everything out to the people I'm arguing with, people that actually admit to enjoying this movie.

I agree with the rest of your statement though.

Oh yeah I went there... so what?

It's not what I expect... it's the fact that it's exactly what I expected. I find it funny that people actually enjoy this crap. Tell me exactly what you liked about it and let me see if your taste is not the type that eats up this less than mediocre sploogefest. You didn't even address my problems with the film... all I hear from anyone that gives these films the thumbs up is "why didn't you like it?" and "well what did you expect?" Which is total BS. It's hilarious that movie makers are so pretentious that they don't want to do the comic books the way they are on the page because it's beneath them but in actuality the stories are better and actually make some sense. Even terry the lonewolf said it well, which suprised me cuz he's a total fanboy, "I mean these guys want do a movie based on a comic but they don't want to do a comic book movie(catch 22). It's soooooooooooooooo stupid!" I can feel myself ranting like it matters but it just annoys me to no end how people are just so complacent so that this type of "entertainment" keeps getting made. How about next time, we all dont check every part of our brains at the door and leave some so that we can recognize story when we see it?

I just enjoyed it, I didn't bother to look at all the small references to what made you dislike the movie.

If you were just taking references from the comic books and referring it back to the movie then I can see why but in my opinion I think your having it too hard on the film.

Why do you think people went and watched the film then...?

Was it because of it's story? Because it came from a comic book?

No.

People just wanted to watch something to entertain themselves for the time and thats that. Regardless if it would be stupid or not they would like it anyways.

But it was better then watching anything else.

It's not going to win a oscar I'll tell you that right now, but your not taking things from different perspectives.

I still don't understand how you can dislike a movie this movie this much based off of biased mainstream

opinions in the past.

I just enjoyed it, I didn't bother to look at all the small references to what made you dislike the movie.

If you were just taking references from the comic books and referring it back to the movie then I can see why but in my opinion I think your having it too hard on the film.

Why do you think people went and watched the film then...?

Was it because of it's story? Because it came from a comic book?

No.

OK, first of all I dont read superhero comic books, I'm saying of the ones I've read they've actually made sense. And heck yeah, I'm hard on the film... why would I take it easy on people that were paid millions of dollars that can't even deliver a good story much less a good one, or even better, one that isn't written by retards and mongloids. (I apologise ahead to retards and mongloids out there, that may have been too harsh to compared to those writers.)

I can't believe you dont understand what I'm saying, but then again you enjoyed this movie so maybe this all makes sense. OK, I'll play along... here's a list of problems...

1. The government sends a General to interrupt the wedding and Reed refuses to help (I know that he only pretended to refuse, but I'll say it now so you don't get all hissy in me) and Sue lets him refuse. WTF? The fate of the world is on the line and Sue would think that it's ok because their freakin wedding is important? There's two things fundamentally wrong with that... Reed refusing, Sue and everyone else not making a big deal... the scene was done but not before my stomach was.

2. The Silver lets planets get destroyed but saves earth because Alba is bootilicious and reminds him of his ex. But at the end he destroys galactus by what? farting into the incredible cloud that he was. Is that what he did? And then nothing happens to him. So all this time after millions of interstellar lives were spent, he could have just sacrificed himself during the first planet? And he didn't even know that he had a chance of living thru it, so he coulda went back to his chick anyway.

3. Reed Richards dancing... what the frakk is up with all these superhero dance numbers? Peter Parker, now Mr. Fantastic? I think Avi Arad has some fruitiness issues.

The story doesnt work... there is no story... the only story happens to be the director's last name, which is a total misnomer.

People just wanted to watch something to entertain themselves for the time and thats that. Regardless if it would be stupid or not they would like it anyways.

But it was better then watching anything else.

It's not going to win a oscar I'll tell you that right now, but your not taking things from different perspectives.

I still don't understand how you can dislike a movie this movie this much based off of biased mainstream

opinions in the past.

Regardless if it was stupid? That's the problem right there... people disregarding stupidity, which pretty much answers your question of why people go to see this crap. If you notice though, the stupider the movie the faster they fall off from box office numbers. Remember the amount of weeks Titanic, Pirates, Shrek and even the first Spider-Man stayed on top of the BO? And how fast the inane sequels fell off this year? That's because of the word of mouth spread about how stupid these movies are.

I don't watch the oscars.

If you still dont understand then you'll never understand... but then again maybe its me that unaware that I'm arguing with a 12 year old.

Threads like this always give me a good laugh. I'm always amazed that people get bent all out of shape because someone thinks that a movie that they loved was the worst thing ever filmed.

IPB Image

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WANT?

I'm actually just messing with the guy... this movie has me feeling like I just had an ice cold shower.