6 Years of the Macross World Forums!

Apollo Leader

It was early December 2000 when Shawn launched the first full blown forum. 6 years later, this forum is still going strong.

I myself I believe was like the 6th person to sign up on the original forum; of course the August 2003 relaunch resulted in all of us having to rejoin from scratch.

Anyone wants to hedge any bets that we'll be around for a 10th anniversary? :D

Edited by Apollo Leader

Hell yeah. With the stuff that's coming out from Yamato and others, as well as a possible new series from what I gather of Graham's taunts.

Anything could happen in 4 years and Shawn might decide that it's not worth it or may not have anytime to dedicate to it, though a lot of things being done for the site and for the forums are being handled by Graham and the other moderators.

omg... if graham knows about a new series, it's because he's seen the toys for a new series from yamato.... <<< pure speculation.

But yeah, I stumbled on this site when I was looking for those first macross plus releases from yamato and through moves, job changes, marriage and children (child).

Anything could happen in 4 years and Shawn might decide that it's not worth it or may not have anytime to dedicate to it, though a lot of things being done for the site and for the forums are being handled by Graham and the other moderators.

Duh, of course. :lol: As requested my bet is on the fact that there is a high probability, given that a fair amount of stuff is happening.

I love the fact that we have a bigger team. Delegation is a wonderful thing, and it keeps the place fresh and busy.

Good lord 6 years!? Wow. Like JsARCLIGHT I lurked for a month or two before finally joining in late January. It's hard to believe that when I started on this forum I was a sophomore in college and now here I am almost six years later a married man living on the other side of the country...

I feel old.

Impressive. Six years of nothing but bliss! Well, not exactly, but it's been plenty of fun to be sure. And, a lot of well spent fundage :)

I'm sure I wasn't here quite as long ago as six years ago. I couldn't have signed up at launch. There was already a board community in swing with many members when I first arrived. I didn't lurk all that long if I remember correctly. I know it's a couple years, but I can't remember how many. Maybe two, perhaps three at most? Too bad the forums got rebooted :(

wow, has it really been that long? And I'm still on here? I lurked on the old boards a lot, but finally decided to join up when I found somebody selling the VF-19s Blazer valk chrome version for only 65 bucks! I was like damn, I have to join so I can buy it. And the rest, like they say, is history! ;):D:p:lol:

I'm NOT too old for this $#1T!

Anyways. I just checked the old boards and I registered on 12/22/01!

YIKES! This place sure has been a rollercoaster ride.

Damn, I'd forgotten about the old forums being posted online! I just checked the my account...

*jaw drops*

My sign up date is June 11, 2001! I had 1,980 posts on the old board and was member 525. Five and a half years...I had no idea I've been here that long. That's...scary! Where'd the time go? :)

It's so bizarre thinking about it now. The forums were barely six months old when I joined up. I really don't recall the website being that new at all. For some reason, I remember the community feeling large and well established when I joined. Then again, my recollection seems to be a little hazy, I can't even remember that I've been here almost 6 years :)

Been around since alt.fan macross, posted under this name and a bunch of others (I posted so infrequently I could never remember my name). I made some friends a long time ago here, there was this kid who went to Columbia B school, and another guy who was a JAG lawyer in NY. Also remember Yoshi, Rick the Hunter, and Rosario Love. I don't see any of those guys around anymore unless they are using different names.

I've been a member of MW since Jun. 2002. Over 4 years! Wow time does fly.

I believe I found this place on my quest to start collecting Valks again. I found a Valk auction on eBay that had a link to Valkyrie-Exchange. The links on that site led me here. Been here ever since.

Edited by MicronianDevil

I've been a member of MW since Jun. 2002. Over 4 years! Wow time does fly.

I believe I found this place on my quest to start collecting Valks again. I found a Valk auction of eBay that had a link to Valkyrie-Exchange. The links on that site led me here. Been here ever since.

I hate to say it, I found MW by way of RT.com. I'm searching the net because I saw an ad for Toynami's Masterpiece. I preordered through Valkyrie-Exchange, and through Valkyrie-Exchange, I found MW.

So I guess I've been here since a year before the first MP of crap came out.

:lol: