Good for them. Me, I'm gonna save for their Legioss/Tread.

I want the Legioss/Tread too, which is why I said they might get a whole lotta money from me. :D I want to reward CM for making Mospeada toys, so maybe I'll even get some CM Votoms stuff too.

I agree with the complaint about the velvet...it's too fuzzy for a police robot. I love the rest of it though.

Nope, this time CM's doesn't have covers for screws, Daxx!

But I think those 4 screws on the forearms make the INGRAM more powerful feeling, MHO. I hate those on the legs though.

There are about 80% diecast material over all. All most everywhere white is metal, except the head, hands and should covers(the exchange parts for INGRAM 1 and 2).

Price is a little bit high even for me as a more PATLABOR fan than MACROSS, 12800 JPY, about 100 USD I guess.

I wonder if the cloth can be removed and let the joint exposed. The more I look at them, the more I am irritated.

$100 is bearable, but given the amount of diecast, I can only remain hopeful.

wow, that cheap? I'll buy it if it's that cheap! :blink:^_^

I am buying this. BBTS has them for pretty expensive ($130). HLJ is the cheapest. I havent seen it on Tamin's site. I guess when I will go to Shanghai in April and see how much they are.

Edited by Godzilla

I am buying this. BBTS has them for pretty expensive ($130). HLJ is the cheapest. I havent seen it on Tamin's site. I guess when I will go to Shanghai in April and see how much they are.

Shanghai isn't exactly a toy paradise... there's only one street there with any collectible merchandise and the prices are higher than in HK.

OK, I just opened mine - 170 SGD here in Singapore. I think it's worth every penny.

The metal content is so high even the riot shield is diecast! What's NOT metal? Head, modular shoulder armor, upper arm armor, cockpit hatches, battery cover, hands, swap-out chest lights, soles of feet, antenna & weapons.

Since the toy is roughly 17~18 cm tall, that makes it about 1/48 scale. I took out my 80s-vintage 1/48 Dougram for a quick comparison... Although the Ingram is 'only' 3/5 the size of the Dougram, it actually weighs more!

Details & Gimmicks:

- The cockpit hatch works well, although the PVC figurines are not so easy to fit inside. It was fun to raise the seats up to expose the pilot's head in the neck hollow.

- Leg hatch for the revolver cannon is also diecast, and is linked to the pallet. Opening the hatch will slide the pallet+gun upwards so that the extended right forearm can reach it more easily. I think only the MG kit has this feature?

- The battery-op patrol lights in each shoulder are actually 5 LEDs that twinkle in series to give the illusion of 'revolving' lights. Not cheesy at all. Nice!

- All 'clear parts' like visors, cockpit windows/HUD, orange warning lights are indeed clear plastic.

- Major insignia are clearly tampo printed. Only stickers are for unit 1 & 2's 'license plates', and unit 1's 'Alphonse'.

Posability is actually pretty good. The legs are of course not as flexible as the Revoltechs, but I like the neutrality of the hip joints which allow a far more realistic kneeling pose than I though possible.

I'm currently displaying mine as Ohta's machine... I think I'll need to find another one for Izumi soon!

Since the toy is roughly 17~18 cm tall, that makes it about 1/48 scale. I took out my 80s-vintage 1/48 Dougram for a quick comparison... Although the Ingram is 'only' 3/5 the size of the Dougram, it actually weighs more!

Um...it is only 18cm?? :blink: I keep imagining it is bigger like Gunbuster, damn, not as big as I hoped.... :(

Um...it is only 18cm?? :blink: I keep imagining it is bigger like Gunbuster, damn, not as big as I hoped.... :(

No, it's not as big as I hoped for, but it IS very nicely made. Once you have it in your hands, you'll be glad to own it.

I'm thinking ahead of how to slow down the inevitable yellowing, especially for the plastic parts. Most likely, I'll take it apart and spray a gloss clear coat over affected areas. And keep it out of direct sunlight.

Broke down and picked up one yesteday for HK$658 (US$85). Not all shops in HK are that cheap and I did have to shop around to find such a good deal.

Initial thoughts are that the sculpt is great, as is the paint application. Articulation is also fairly good.

With all the diecast it's got a nice heft to it, although to be honest I'm not a huge fan of diecast in mecha toys as I always worry about paint chipping and hate it once a diecast toy gets a chip exposing the bare metal (not something you have to worry about with ABS toys). The styrofoam tray, gives the toy a nice old school feel.

The shoulder LEDs are very well done and when switched on really look light police light bars.

There are a few things I think CM's could have done better though, regarding the gimmicks and features: -

1) The little pop-up lights on the top of the chest don't actually pop up, they are in fact swapable parts for closed lights and open lights. This was a bit disappointing as at the size and price they could have made them folding.

2) Although the pilot seat can be reaised to the up position, it is not easy and required me to use a flat-tip srewdriver to to push the seat up. It would have been better if CM's could have added some sort of lever of switch to raise and lower the [pilot seat.

3) The heads actually include a moveable 'narrow-slit' riot visor, but it seems like you have to actually disassemble the head and remove the standard green visor before you can raise the riot visor. This is a bit of a half-assed design effort, they could have easily designed the head so that the green visor pushes out of the way as the riot visor is raised, without needing to disassemble the whole thing.

4) The shield attaches with two pegs, but they are not really secure enough and the shield does come off quite easily and the heavy weight of the diecast shield doesn't help. I would have preferred an ABS shield with better attachment points.

5) The screw holes should have had covers.

6) The cloth covers on the hip joints come untucked quite easily and CM's actually provide you with a small tool to push them back.....LOL!

All in all, it's a nice toy with good QC and IMO certainly the best interpretation of the Ingram in toy form to date, but does have a few design related issues.

Graham

'Old school' is right; the slight miscues (eg. exposed screws) makes this feel more like a Bandai DX toy from the 90s than a modern 'collectible', but then again, I'll take what I can get especially if it's this well-made.

I agree the 'riot visor' gimmick could've been better designed, but I really appreciated another aspect of the No. 2 head... its shared lineage with the original No. 1 Ingram head is beautifully realised in the modular head parts. From the series storyline, it was explained that because Ohta got into fights so frequently, the factory ran out of original spare parts for his labor. So, they were 'forced' to develop new parts for his machine. The CM's No. 2 head actually looks 80-percent like the No. 1 if you remove the distintive oversized visor! Now I can see that 'over visor' as additional protection for the main camera/visor... kind of like a huge pair of tactical goggles. Nice!

I went back to the local toy haunts today but the Movie edition is already sold out everywhere. For a while, I was actually considering waiting it out and buying THREE of the TV editions (making 4 in total) so that I can have No. 1, 2 & 3 in their proper livery. But sanity ruled :p

Thanks for the reviews, guys. I was kinda on the fence on whether or not to get the Ingram, but I went ahead and picked one up from www.toy-wave.com when I ordered the L-Gaim that just got released.

By the way, anyone else picking up Megahouse's Limited Model Action Heavy Metal La-Gaim? I can't wait to compare it with my vintage 1/100 L-Gaim.

By the way, anyone else picking up Megahouse's Limited Model Action Heavy Metal La-Gaim? I can't wait to compare it with my vintage 1/100 L-Gaim.

Hate to be the pessimist but the Megahouse L-Gaim (and Vatshu) has been quite disappointing in the only major review seen so far:

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/MEGA-L.htm

What I understood from his rant:

- "The photos may look nice but don't be fooled! The paint is unevenly applied."

- The shoulder joints for L-gaim are unbalanced.

- Meagre selection of accessories for the price. NO BACKPACK!!!

- Lousy paintjob on the Spiralflow, plus...

- it doesn't stow away correctly in the chest cavity.

- Power Launcher and shield doesn't fit well on forearms.

- Limited posability (I'm damn curious about the seemingly crippled hip joints)

- Stupid situation for the saber because the un-fired ones are permanently molded on arms.

Hope you didn't pay full price for it :-/

Hate to be the pessimist but the Megahouse L-Gaim (and Vatshu) has been quite disappointing in the only major review seen so far:

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/MEGA-L.htm

What I understood from his rant:

- "The photos may look nice but don't be fooled! The paint is unevenly applied."

- The shoulder joints for L-gaim are unbalanced.

- Meagre selection of accessories for the price. NO BACKPACK!!!

- Lousy paintjob on the Spiralflow, plus...

- it doesn't stow away correctly in the chest cavity.

- Power Launcher and shield doesn't fit well on forearms.

- Limited posability (I'm damn curious about the seemingly crippled hip joints)

- Stupid situation for the saber because the un-fired ones are permanently molded on arms.

Hope you didn't pay full price for it :-/

Yeah, I saw that review, but it didn't discourage me. I still think it looks pretty neat and and the paint/detailing issues I can fix myself. I'm really disappointed that the backpack wasn't included for the price I paid.

That's the spirit!

I think it could make a fairly decent display piece, but I'm really hoping for a more thorough execution from Bandai... like a SOC or SPEC release. You should follow up with a review when it arrives. I'd love to hear a second opinion.

You tend to notice the exposed screws more in the publicity photos. When you actually have the toy in your hands they are less of an issue.

The quality of this bodes well for the Legioss & Tread.

Now if only CM's would make a diecast Helldiver.

Graham

I don't mind the screws myself but for those whom do, may be you guys can do use a quality sticker sheet and cut screw cap to cover the screw holes like Bandai do with their SOC?

Took a couple of quick snaps this evening...

IPB Image

I liked the 02 head's shared heritage with the original design. Just pop off the 'goggles' and you'll find an Ingram underneath.

IPB Image

The toy is either 1/48 scale or very close to it. My spare figure for Noa fits nicely in the vacated cockpit of the 1/48 Actic Gear Brutishdog. Both Noa and Ohta have been slightly detailed up around their faces with Gundam Markers.

IPB Image

The kneeling pose is actually pretty decent and the lights look good too. I'm quite amazed at how CM's managed to fit the wiring and still allow the shoulder armor to pivot on its own ball-joint.

IPB Image

RED ALERT! BERSERK LABORS ON THE LOOSE!!!

Really hope to see a CM's Type-Zero or Griffon someday soon :-)