^ Love the F-15 Kai!

Ever since I saw the cover art for the Patlabor/Zoids Crossover I'd been looking for more info on the unit in the background of the Tenjin art due to the unique design features ...

patlabor-zoids-crossover.jpg

When I saw the following I thought, "That's awesome!" ... did anyone catch that this is currently under development at 1/35 scale?

genco_patlabor.jpg

Edited by Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

Well, damn... It'll cost nearly a grand to pre-order all three, but... how can I say no to a trio of 1:14 Ingrams? 😍

Of course, if the elementary school doesn't renew my contract this year, I may have to settle for only Unit 1... 🤔

3 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Another cool Labor mashup using Yutaka Izubuchi's MS-18E Kampfer...

Patlampher_front.jpg

Patlampher_back.jpg

Looks surprisingly cool in those colors, it’s still one of my favorite hg kits of all time, even though it was a bit on the slim side.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of selling my Robo-Dou Ingrams and make do with just the Robot Spirits Ingrams and Labors, but with the Robo-Dou Labor Carrier coming, it will be a very nice complement set. :)
Love the fact that the vehicles are also designed by Kawamori.

Updates from ThreeZero for their Robo-Dou Carrier:

"The Patlabor Type 99 Special Labor Carrier will (to be confirmed) be included in the Die Cast Vehicle line. Radio-controlled functions allow forward and reverse steering, as well as lighting and lifting .  Since it is still a prototype, its operation is still being improved."

GKES1OPbIAA-CCp.jpg

GKES1LtbgAAJcEl.jpg

GKES1JsbcAAPweT.jpg

GKES1QxbwAAAzJP.jpg

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

"The Patlabor Type 99 Special Labor Carrier will (to be confirmed) be included in the Die Cast Vehicle line. Radio-controlled functions allow forward and reverse steering, as well as lighting and lifting .

They've clearly overestimated their target audience.  We're not as wealthy as they think we are. 😒

Radio control function sounds cool, but I rather it didn't come with electronics. We really aren't gonna be zooming the carrier around the park with Labor in tow :p

If ThreeZero are re-issuing the 1-3 Labors and Griffin I may sell off my Side Labor collection and buy in on the core three. I'll might skip Griffin, and I don't care about the transport units, I just really like the core 3 and in a larger, more detailed scale, they look pretty good. Reminds me of back in the day when I had three of the Yamato Labors, good times. 

16 hours ago, MKT said:

Radio control function sounds cool, but I rather it didn't come with electronics. We really aren't gonna be zooming the carrier around the park with Labor in tow :p

No intention of buying, but just to insert my $.02, that truck is amazing, and while I also generally eschew electronics in my toys, the implementation is simply stunning, especially the tilting bed. It's amazingly realistic and adds that extra bit of cool to an already cool vehicle. Now if the Ingram was also RC and you could walk it off the truck, that would really be something! I imagine that's where toy tech is headed in the next 50 years. We already have walking, talking, self-transforming Transformers courtesy of Robosen.

Love the Griffon's design. Threezero's is gorgeous, but with LEGO and Transformers central to my collecting and display space extremely minimal, I'll continue to be content with my little Kaiyodo.

Hopefully the tilting mechanism will be further tweaked. It was a bit scary when the bed suddenly jumped a few notches as it was lifting. But at least we know the Ingram is secured or pegged some way onto the bed rather than just being laid there, otherwise it would have been thrown off the table.

What do I think of the R/C function? "Interests:Models of: Macross - Aircraft - Armor - Warships and R/C Makes it better!"

I agree, that may put it out of everyone's price range. Maybe the "catapult" action helps the Ingram get out into action faster!? 🤣  - MT

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Hopefully the tilting mechanism will be further tweaked. It was a bit scary when the bed suddenly jumped a few notches as it was lifting. But at least we know the Ingram is secured or pegged some way onto the bed rather than just being laid there, otherwise it would have been thrown off the table.

Oh!!!! I didn't see it in action, just the pics.

Watched the vid. Yeah, a herky-jerky mechanism controlling a surface that large with a sizeable and potentially fragile load, no less, should definitely be smooth-acting. Until a certain point, it seems as if there's a spring-loaded mechanism helping to propel the bed up. At the lower end, it seems like the spring is held in check whilst the motor moves it to a certain point at which point something releases and the spring, or potentially compressed air in those cylinders, gives it that rapid upward jerk. I think it'd be better served using gear-driven linear actuators. It would be a slower ascent, but at least it'd be a smoother action.

2 minutes ago, MechTech said:

What do I think of the R/C function? "Interests:Models of: Macross - Aircraft - Armor - Warships and R/C Makes it better!"

I agree, that may put it out of everyone's price range. Maybe the "catapult" action helps the Ingram get out into action faster!? 🤣  - MT

Catapult action FTW! 😁

• 2 weeks later...