How many people on this thread think Reactive Armor versions are a certainty?

Strange to me there have been no sneak peaks of the next release. To my understanding these have sold pretty well, except for Clat.

Was holding out for Reactive Armor versions since waiting a good-long-time paid off for me quite well in the Yamato Votoms line.

I ended up getting the best Scopedogs, with the bugs worked out, on pretty good sales.

Have the command car in hand - MUCH bigger than I pictured - but I have no Ingram so that means I've underestimated how tall 33cm is...

make space in your budget! Its size and posable hands lets you have a lot of fun...

And it's big enough to hold its own with other large toys

_DSC3427.JPG

F&%$k'in A!!!!

:o and i thought it was BIG as it was!! it's even bigger than the masterpiece PRIME!! :o

Edited by Shaorin

How many people on this thread think Reactive Armor versions are a certainty?

yeah, that's why I've been waiting to get one... that's totally the reason. :unsure:

I don't know if it's a certainty, but I really want it to happen. I love the Reactive Armor so much.

Okay so I can't find ANY reviews, out of box pics, anything on the command car kit, does anyone have any links? Is this kit snap together or is glue required? Is this gonna require paint or does it come molded in the correct colors and you just snap it together? I know the figures it comes with are painted but this thing came out a bit ago and there are no details on it, reviews, pics or anything, help would be appreciated guys.

guys I believe this was the Blue Version by Yamato. No Kits are available in that size except Bandai MG and they were just a bit taller than a Cigarette box and never came in the blue

But looking good. Did you get this on the HLJ sale

Okay so I can't find ANY reviews, out of box pics, anything on the command car kit, does anyone have any links? Is this kit snap together or is glue required? Is this gonna require paint or does it come molded in the correct colors and you just snap it together? I know the figures it comes with are painted but this thing came out a bit ago and there are no details on it, reviews, pics or anything, help would be appreciated guys.

IMG_0021.jpg

The car is an injection mold in white only. The lights are clear plastic.

Paint and glue are required. There are water slide decals.

I've been gone a long time collecting anything related to Patlabor. And wow with how the "toys" have come along! Getting the Yamato 1/24 for sure. First mecha-related product I've bought in years.

CLAT... sounds like something I have to warn my troops about before liberty / going out in town ^_^

Edited by Warmaker

• 2 weeks later...

I know I haven't been around here in ages, and that this isn't actually a toy, but it matches up with the CMs Corps vinyl labors and I thought you guys would enjoy the pics:

mpl897spython06.jpg

Mobile Police Patlabor might be my favorite mecha anime. I am all about down and dirty war shows like VOTOMS or Gundam 08th MS Team, but the combination of more civilized real robot action and the fantastic characters make Patlabor a fantastic series. In Patlabor, mecha (labors) have become an everyday thing for everything from construction to war. As with all new technologies, labors are abused, so special police divisions are created to combat labor crime with their own Patrol Labors (‘Pat’ ‘labor’).

mpl897spython.jpg

The MPL-97S Python is the aging Patlabor of choice for Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Special Vehicles Section 1, seen in one or two episodes of the TV series.

mpl897spython01.jpg

In the 90′s, Bandai made a ton of Patlabor merch, including a venerable line of 1/60 scale plamo kits, even going so far as to offer B-club aftermarket parts for some. In addition to the plastic line, there were three 1/60 scale vinyl kits of machines that had limited screen time, the Python, Saturn, and Economy Ingram. These kits are awesome, because they basically build up into a posable figure similar to the CM’s Corps vinyl labors released a few years back alongside the excellent Brave Gokin Patlabor figures, which are give or take 1/48 or 1/60 scale, so they all look good together.

mpl897spython03.jpg

For the last two years, I have mostly taken a break from robots and been having a lot of fun spraying kaiju and resin figures and having a grand old time, but I decided that it was time to get back to the ‘heavy’ modeling, and a vinyl model kit seemed like a good middle ground to ease the transition. With the release of a couple new Monster Kolor airbrushing colors, inspiration hit, and I knew exactly how to blend my newfound airbrush skills with a ‘proper’ model that would still build into a fun figure.

mpl897spython04.jpg

The Patlabors are all extremely well-maintained and clean, but they invariably get beat up every time they leave the station and get into a scuffle. I used Monster Kolor and some masking to make a shiny, clean labor with a proper automotive finish. I even borrowed a trick I learned from Dead Pre$idents himself to apply the kit’s stickers after painting, and then MK Glossing over them, eliminating the edges to the stickers almost completely. Then came the joint work, some detailing, and a little weathering. The Python still came out a littler dirtier than it probably should be, so we’ll call it the machine after a battle.

mpl897spython02.jpg

The next thing to do is look at scratch-building the riot shield and baton the Pythons wield in their TV appearance.

mpl897spython05.jpg

mpl897spython07.jpg

mpl897spython09.jpg

mpl897spython13.jpg

More pics on my site.

Edited by promethuem5

• 1 month later...

So has anyone completed their patrol car kits yet?

Just received mine from R.K. Design Works, same guy who did my 1/48 VF1S Roy Fokker Weathering :p . This time though I just asked him to assemble and paint, no weathering as I want to see how the command car match up to the Patlabor. As usual, I'm greatly satisfied by his workmanship.

150420111701.jpg150420111698.jpg150420111697.jpg150420111696.jpg150420111695.jpg

*haven't got time to take pictures with the Patlabor yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

1/24 Patlabor Type 98 Command Vehicle Completed Model is up for order at HLJ.

For those that don't want to build the thing themselves.

cool, but not $100+shipping cool. For that kind of money it had better be a diecast body.

• 2 months later...

Here are a few pics of my 1/24 command car after I completed it in May and posted on my flickr page. I also took a few quick pics with both my Ingrams.

http://www.flickr.co...57594067229792/

Nice job! I didn't think this line (from yamato) was going to go away so soon. Not after all the 'best toy evers' and awards and such...

I have neither Ingram yet - still on my want list...

Nice job! I didn't think this line (from yamato) was going to go away so soon. Not after all the 'best toy evers' and awards and such...

I have neither Ingram yet - still on my want list...

Thanks! The ingrams came with a hefty price but they really do look nice together, especially with the command car. I was hoping Yamato would of made a Reactive Armor version....

Edited by choiboy77

• 2 months later...

Speaking of CLAT - I just got to see that episode (after all these years).

The mech only appears once? And its a dream? (do not know if it has hip-fix)

I don't think Yamato hit the color right - going too dark on the blue.

Would have looked better as seen in the anime, which was a little lighter, and a slightly more purplish blue...

Edited by DarrinG

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just picked up a 1/24 Patlabor USA from HLJ. Couldn't resist the pretty good price as compared to the $350 something I would have originally had to pay for a white version (and hey! I live in the USA, so it's all good :) ).

I actually think I'm falling for the blue color even more so than the white. I hope this thing is as good as people say it is, because $200 shipped is still expensive!

Lastly, anyone know why they hit so hard on shipping? The price seemed really good, and then the $45 for shipping was hard to swallow. How big is the box? It doesn't look that big in pictures...

Lastly, anyone know why they hit so hard on shipping? The price seemed really good, and then the $45 for shipping was hard to swallow. How big is the box? It doesn't look that big in pictures...

It tells you on HLJ's page: Package Size/Weight: 40.1 x 36.3 x 14.2 cm / 1480g

It is pretty big and heavy.:)

I just realized that 2013 will be Patlabor's 25th anniversary. In that vein, anything anyone would like to see get a re-release in celebration? Or something altogether new?

Personally, I'd like to see a re-release of Yamato's unit 2, and of Bandai's original model kits. I have a recurring desire to build a diorama of Alphonse taking on the Type X-0 as at the climax of the first movie. :lol:

Well, as an update, I'm a little dissappointed with HLJ's service this time around ordering the 1/24 patlabor USA. I put in my order on a Sunday night (last Sunday), and then recieved acknowledgement of the order immediately. I then recieved payment request on a Tuesday night, which I promptly paid. Following that, I did not recieve a payment confirmation until thursday night, which stated that they would ship it out as soon as possible. It is now Sunday, and I have yet to recieve shipment confirmation.

I am dissappointed since this week is my spring break, and I was looking forward to getting the thing sometime IN spring break so that I could enjoy it a bit, but with EMS shipping times, and HLJ most likely shipping on either monday or tuesday, I doubt I'll get it till the following week.

Tbh, I don't think it should take a week and a half to get an order out.....

Think I'll be sticking with AmiAmi, which is pretty fast in terms of response times and what-not..

Finally got my USA 1st Yammie patlabor.

Really cool toy, but I don't think I would have paid premium prices for this thing (aka, the $300 dollars or so initial price tag). I've got a few questions though for all the more experienced owners:

1) How in the WORLD do you guys pose this thing? It's sooooo difficult to bend the joints that it's becoming a hassle to pose it!

2) When you bend the shoulders, are the light units (shoulder lights) supposed to bend forward and backward, or is there a joint underneath that allows you to bend the arm without having to move the shoulder lights. I'm worried as I don't want to snap any wires or anything.

3) Does it require a screwdriver to put the shield on, or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks in Advance guys!