Is the Bandai's GFF Zeta Plus metal comp u talking abt? Comes in a blue limited or red version? I have both the Patlabor and the Metal comp and I'm selling my Blue limited away.

Damn I don't know what to get Yamato labor or bandai's GFF Zeta plus. RAWR

I got mine from a local shop here in Singapore. When I take it out of the box by holding the body the joints feels loose but to realise it's the parts that is heavy, other then that everything is fine and feels solid.

Mind telling me how much you bought the Yamato 1/24 scale Ingram from a local shop in Singapore?

Edited by blowsperior

Found these from ToyboxDX:

post-5445-1241161603_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1241161611_thumb.jpg

Love that second pic. Kudos to the guys from ToyboxDX.

Edit: Damn, link already posted. Me blind.

It looks so cool next to a car, I really hope they make a labor carrier. With lights and everything of course. *_*

HOLY GEEZ YES!

Wave? Is that similar to CM's ones?

Vostok 7

That's one of the biggest unanswered questions around here. Nobody has seen a proper photo of the WAVE Ingram next to the CM's version. WAVE claims their scale is 1/48, while CM's doesn't state their scale. Also, the CM's Ingram is roughly 17.3cm to the tip of its big antenna; the WAVE Helldiver is 17cm to the top of its head. Makes me think the Helldiver will look physically larger than the CM's Ingram.

That's one of the biggest unanswered questions around here. Nobody has seen a proper photo of the WAVE Ingram next to the CM's version. WAVE claims their scale is 1/48, while CM's doesn't state their scale. Also, the CM's Ingram is roughly 17.3cm to the tip of its big antenna; the WAVE Helldiver is 17cm to the top of its head. Makes me think the Helldiver will look physically larger than the CM's Ingram.

I'm tempted to get the Helldiver because I love it, but I just bought the CMs OVA Ingram and Brocken on the HLJ sale. Hopefully CMs will come out with a Helldiver, otherwise I might have to get that WHAM one!!

Vostok 7

Hi guys

I just got one... not enough time to play him arround but the first impressions are mixed... It feels like a 1/6 figure, but it is a Robotoooooo which makes me feel out of place.

The gun is cool... but I am toatlly getting some 1/6 really cool weapons so he can look a bit more manly.

Now... It seems some other company manufactured this one... I mean other than Yamato. It looks like the "Yamato - Dragon" Panzer Cop ever released (at the time wise)... too much too good for our beloved but always full of flaws YAmmies products (but carefull here I have NOT handled this thing yet for more than 5 minutes), Box art is nice... FIRST TIME EVER...

Toy is NICE... even we can get some SILK PRINT!! YAY!

PAckaging... it is to die for. not at all like normal Yamato products, stryro foam and "silk" (nylon 100%, but suppa cool still) covers instead of plastic baggies... it was orgasmic to ope the box..

Get this one if you can... I still like my CM's but this BIG mecha is a dream... at least until we find some bug like in the VF 0a and the Garland... the you can buy it for 40 bucks

also still prefer ,y Fewture getters and MAz.. also the Great Impact Gurren but this toy deserves its price tag FOR

SURE.

The gun is cool... but I am toatlly getting some 1/6 really cool weapons so he can look a bit more manly.

No way! Noa's specialty is hand-to-hand combat. Besides, she's got an awful aim. :lol:

Anyway, glad to know that the overall quality is good on this one. But what's this "Yamato-Dragon" Panzer Cop?

But what's this "Yamato-Dragon" Panzer Cop?

This is what I want to know! A Kerberos toy from Yamato and Dragon?

I think I have to go to China in June for business. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the Yamato Patlabor then... Maybe... :D

Vostok 7

But what's this "Yamato-Dragon" Panzer Cop?

It came out sometime in 2003 or 2004. I forget exactly. But anyway its' a 12" fig based on the Armour in the live action movie Stray Dogs : Kerberos Panzer Cops. Most boring ass movie I have ever seen in my life. But the last 5 mins were pretty awesome. Anyway 3 versions of the figure were made. One with light up eyes. One with a normal human head and one battle damaged version.

The yamato ingram is absolutely gorgeous, ever since i saw that episode when Ohta trashed a kid's bike and gave him a huge ingram toy to say sorry, it always made me wish that a real ingram toy that size would come out. But now that its out, i can't afford it :(

Ask and you shall receive - WAVE and CM side by side. B)) The WAVE is on the left.

post-692-1242552201_thumb.jpg

1) Yes the left Leg cover is for the spare ammunition storage.

2) Yes the right arm too can be extended.

The spare ammunition storage was featured in the first movie, during Noa's ride up the elevator in the Ark near the end, where she had to manually reload her Ingram's revolver cannon. Another question for those who already have it: does the left hand extend as well, just like the right one? I think this is shown in the TV episode involving the underground dragon (no really!).

Ask and you shall receive - WAVE and CM side by side. B)) The WAVE is on the left.

post-692-1242552201_thumb.jpg

Excellent! Do you like one over the other? From the shot, it's obvious the WAVE Helldiver is definitely going to be larger than the CM's Ingram... which makes me wonder how to gauge the CM's scale all over again. :p

I'm torn by the Helldiver... I just finally found room to bring out my Patlabor Revoltechs again as part of my finally realizing just how much I LOVE Patlabor after getting the CMs Gokin Ingram, and I remembered how awesome the Helldiver is... I'd love to have a good Helldiver to go with the CMs Gokin Ingram and Sofu labors, but the Wave toys have just looked so bad so far for faaaaar too much money.

I'm torn by the Helldiver... I just finally found room to bring out my Patlabor Revoltechs again as part of my finally realizing just how much I LOVE Patlabor after getting the CMs Gokin Ingram, and I remembered how awesome the Helldiver is... I'd love to have a good Helldiver to go with the CMs Gokin Ingram and Sofu labors, but the Wave toys have just looked so bad so far for faaaaar too much money.

Hopefully CMs will release a Helldiver! That's what I'm hoping since I just bought a bunch of CMs Patlabor stuff.

Vostok 7

Excellent! Do you like one over the other? From the shot, it's obvious the WAVE Helldiver is definitely going to be larger than the CM's Ingram... which makes me wonder how to gauge the CM's scale all over again. :p

Personally, I prefer the CM's. The cloth covering on the joints makes for better poseability, and there are LEDs for the shoulder light bars that are powered by a coin battery. The plastic coverings on the WAVE bunch up and reduce the ability of the joints to bend, and the Ingram is too skinny for my taste. Plus, I love all the stuff CM's has put out to support it. The non-poseable vinyl background labors are a nice touch, and the two gashapon collections they released have in-scale characters, command cars, and Gotoh's car. For me, it's Patlabor fan heaven. :lol:

On the downside, CM's all-plastic labors have been a little more troublesome.

The under-arm pistol "holster" on the AV-0 doesn't stay closed unless the pistol is inside, and one of the legs on one of the two I have likes to fall off all the time.

I really didn't like the Brockens. I got the OVA and TV versions. Poseability is good, but the legs on both fall off all the time unless they're standing (the weight of them pulls them out of the plastic joints). The arms often come out of the joints as well, which is where the cloth covering is less useful. You can't see inside to put them back together, so you gotta feel around to get them put back in or else slit the cloth (which isn't so bad if you do it under the shoulder armour. The armour add-ons are hit and miss. The shoulder parts are a ball-and-socket connection that's so tight I had to pry them out with a screw driver to swap in the armour parts. The chest pieces are better. The weapon selection is nice (couple of SMGs plus the big machinegun).

I've had no problems at all with the plastic AVS-98 variant releases that just came out, which is nice.

When I get home tonight, I'll post some pictures of the little CM's diorama I've got set up. It shows off several of the die-cast, plastic, and vinyl labours plus the gashapon characters and cars.

Here's my CM's spread, perched atop my CD case. It's not all of my CM's collection... just a select few for a fun little stage.

post-692-1242790639_thumb.jpg

Ohta spins a tall tale for Takeo and Shinshi while Asuma and Noah look on.

post-692-1242790699_thumb.jpgpost-692-1242790747_thumb.jpgpost-692-1242790814_thumb.jpg

Alphonse in repose.

post-692-1242790881_thumb.jpg

A Tyrant 2000 drags Ohta's Ingram back to its feet.

post-692-1242790926_thumb.jpgpost-692-1242790968_thumb.jpg

An old police MPL-96 waits in the wings, behind Takeo and Asuma's command cars.

post-692-1242791190_thumb.jpg

AV-0 Peacemaker, comin' thru!

post-692-1242791311_thumb.jpgpost-692-1242791368_thumb.jpg

Goto and Hiromi relax in front of Goto's car.

post-692-1242791510_thumb.jpg

The SV2 maintenance team (or at least a couple of them) work on an AVS-98 Mark II as Shige and Sakaki "supervise" as per usual... Shige shouts in his bullhorn while Sakaki scowls from behind his sunglasses. :lol:

post-692-1242791678_thumb.jpgpost-692-1242791723_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penguin

Just got my Yamato Ingram today and boy, is it a beast! The articulation is insane - this giant can really pose! Yamato is clever enough to make those hip armors "moveable" - they're not rigid like with the CM's and Wave's. They have a lot of leeway which helps a lot in preventing them from rubbing against the waist armor. Clicky racheted double joints are used for the elbows and knees. Hips rotate and swivel but no rachets here. As for the waist and shoulders - it's a bit wierd - I think there's a racheted joint connected to a non-racheted one, at least for the waist as that's how I managed to lift the torso up. And the waist articulation is some of the best I've seen - it rotates and tilts not just up and down but side to side as well - perfect for those Contrapposto poses! Too bad the non-racheted waist joint is a little loose - it holds its position well enough but a slight nudge can easily tilt it. Other non-racheted joints like the hips and the shoulder are quite tight (though not Bandai DX VF-25 tight).

As for the proportions, they aren't as bad as the initial pictures suggest. The upper body may look a bit bulky but it does lend a muscular heft to the overall figure. And the face, with the armored visor full retracted, is really handsome! Those images of sleepy Alphonse don't have the visor fully retracted. Love the glossy finish too but I hope those tampo printings don't scracth off too easily. Haven't fiddled with the lights and winch cable gimmicks yet but overall, the toy has set a very nice first impression (and why shouldn't it especially for the asking price!).

A word of caution though for potential buyers: when you first open the box and find that the Ingram's head is firmly stuck in it's collared socket giving the toy a neckless appearance, don't yank it out! It's because either one or both of the neck pistons are wedged in the hole that connects to the cockpit. As such, just open the cockpit and try to push them out with a toothpick or something. These neck pistons - they aren't connected to the body at all - they're just there, danggling!

Anyway, here are some pics I took. As you can see, he's a bit too big for my makeshift studio :p

post-5445-1242882486_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1242882494_thumb.jpg

Had the time to take some more pics. Here they are:

post-5445-1242969112_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969116_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969121_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969126_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1242969130_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969134_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969138_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969143_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1242969147_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969151_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969155_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969159_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1242969164_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969168_thumb.jpg post-5445-1242969172_thumb.jpg

Also found this in the R-J boards:

post-5445-1242969393_thumb.jpg

Looks like Yamato is gearing up for an accompanying 1/24 command car. Wonder when they'll start doing Ohta's Ingram. Can't wait to do some shotgun frenzy poses. And hopefully, they'll tighten up that waist joint. It can't quite manage the weight when the entire torso is angled downwards. <_<

it's so beautiful... T-T

Aye, it is indeed :)

Hey Penguin, are the new AVS-98 figures comparable in quality to the AV-0's?

I bought the Brockens, and they pissed me off so much, I cancelled my AVS-98's, but your post allays some of my concerns.

What do you think of them?

Compared to my AV-0s, I'd say the AVS-98s are even better quality. Nothing has fallen off and none of the joints have separated. Basically, they're just plastic molded versions of the die-cast Ingrams, with a few mods. There's even the detachable backpack where the coin battery goes on the Ingrams, but on the AVS-98 it just gives access to the little lever to raise and lower the pilot in the cockpit. Not as many features as the Ingram (no opening leg holster, cockpit doesn't fully open), but I'd say they're solid quality. Best of the plastic line yet (just not as stylish as the AV-0).

Todd, those pics are wonderful! Thanks a ton for putting those up, it really let me see some detail on this figure I hadn't noticed before.

Where did you buy yours from? I'm still waitin on my pre-order :(

I pre-ordered mine quite a while ago from OverDrive (wish I hadn't though since it was more expensive then). Took them quite a while for them to ship it to me due to the Golden Week and also because their stock was stupidly sent to their old address. It was a long wait but for me, it was worth it. It's now the centerpiece of my collection and I just can't stop fidgeting with it! It's too damned pose-able! And I still haven't gotten on with the lights, winch cable, and the stun stick!

Another tip for potential owners: Use a coin to gently screw in the shield, not your fingers as it's very hard to grip it and you'll likely result in some paint chippings. Oh, and you don't have to flip over the hard-to-grip monitor in the cockpit in order to fit Noa in there. She can slide in with plenty of room to spare even with just the joysticks flipped down.

Edited by todd77

Personally, I prefer the CM's. The cloth covering on the joints makes for better poseability, and there are LEDs for the shoulder light bars that are powered by a coin battery. The plastic coverings on the WAVE bunch up and reduce the ability of the joints to bend, and the Ingram is too skinny for my taste. Plus, I love all the stuff CM's has put out to support it. The non-poseable vinyl background labors are a nice touch, and the two gashapon collections they released have in-scale characters, command cars, and Gotoh's car. For me, it's Patlabor fan heaven. :lol:

On the downside, CM's all-plastic labors have been a little more troublesome.

The under-arm pistol "holster" on the AV-0 doesn't stay closed unless the pistol is inside, and one of the legs on one of the two I have likes to fall off all the time.

I really didn't like the Brockens. I got the OVA and TV versions. Poseability is good, but the legs on both fall off all the time unless they're standing (the weight of them pulls them out of the plastic joints). The arms often come out of the joints as well, which is where the cloth covering is less useful. You can't see inside to put them back together, so you gotta feel around to get them put back in or else slit the cloth (which isn't so bad if you do it under the shoulder armour. The armour add-ons are hit and miss. The shoulder parts are a ball-and-socket connection that's so tight I had to pry them out with a screw driver to swap in the armour parts. The chest pieces are better. The weapon selection is nice (couple of SMGs plus the big machinegun).

I've had no problems at all with the plastic AVS-98 variant releases that just came out, which is nice.

When I get home tonight, I'll post some pictures of the little CM's diorama I've got set up. It shows off several of the die-cast, plastic, and vinyl labours plus the gashapon characters and cars.

Thanks for your input on these, Penguin. Wow, you really bit the bullet on the plastic AVS! orz

I'm definitely getting those as well but probably after the prices 'subside' on HLJ. At a local store, they cost 110 USD each!! As for the WAVE Helldiver, as much as I like the design, I will probably pass – in the hopes of a CM's version someday.

As for the Yamato Ingram, I think these will only be made in limited quantities due to the price and economic situation. So, the P2 version that I'm hoping to see will probably come out at an opportune time, like in... 2013? (20th anniversary of the movie's release). That's 5 years from now, but looking at how the 1/48 VF-1s have been rolling out non-stop, I think that's how it's gonna be.

Got my CM's Ingram and Brocken today. They look cool, haven't had any time with the Ingram but I messed with the Brocken just long enough to know that I'm going to be very annoyed with it. The joints aren't floppy, but they are as bad as everyone says. Hopefully if CM's does a Helldiver it'll be better. At least I got them all on sale. The Brocken was only 4000 yen and the Ingram was only around 6200 yen which were pretty significant discounts over normal price so at least I don't feel gypped. They're also better IMO than the Revoltechs which I haven't been impressed with.

I'll play with them both tonight and see what I think. Love the packaging on the Ingram though. Nothing beats Styrofoam.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

So it's official, the CM's Brocken sucks arse. At least the Ingram is awesome (much much more diecast than I was expecting!) so that's good.

It's too bad the Brocken sucks. It looks cool and all and it comes with cool guns, but the mechanics and construction just absolutely suck.

The Ingram is a great piece though, definitely worth the asking price especially now that it's on sale.

Still wanting the Yamato one though :D

Vostok 7

That 1/24 Ingram looks sexy B)) Very tempted to get it but the Aussie dollar vs the Yen and shipping charges are stopping me for the moment...

Any chance of a photo of it next to a 1/48 Valk for size comparison?

Will a comparison with the 1/60 YF-19 do?

post-5445-1243577868_thumb.jpg

Don't have any 1/48 VF-1 valks to compare it with.