• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:21 AM, Checkmate said:

Done with my 1:35 INGRAM2 with custom LEDs for cockpit and monocle.

Very nicely done paint work. How did you set up the photography with the leds?

So am I incorrect in looking at the ThreeZero as a bit of a nerfed version of the Yamato? Not that's a bad thing because the Yamato is arguably the greatest diecast mecha toy of all time,  but look and features wise it just seems to be going for a lot of the same on a smaller scale.

Hurts my soul that they didn't go 1/24 to pick up where Yamato left off.

46 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

So am I incorrect in looking at the ThreeZero as a bit of a nerfed version of the Yamato? Not that's a bad thing because the Yamato is arguably the greatest diecast mecha toy of all time,  but look and features wise it just seems to be going for a lot of the same on a smaller scale.

Hurts my soul that they didn't go 1/24 to pick up where Yamato left off.

Maybe it's a lesson learned from their Scopedog toys? They made their Scopedog as massive as Yamato's but removed the design elements that make the Yamato so cool (disassembly) and instead prioritized good looks and some articulation improvements... all of which would have worked wonderfully at 1/18 to 1/24 scale. Maybe this time around they're going to go a little smaller scale, ditch some of the design excesses, and focus on articulation improvements. 

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

Why is it? I'm not familiar with their products other than their DLX Optimus prime 

Threezero stuff usually tends to be mostly plastic (which often leads to questionable joint design in my limited experience with their titanfall stuff). Furthermore, their stuff is usually astronomically priced (again, their titanfall stuff had MSRPs >$450), albeit with a usually breathtaking paint finish. 

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

If anyone wants to own the Patlabor movies + OVA + TV series on bluray it's only $25 for the entire boxset on rightstuf. 

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Patlabor-the-Mobile-Police-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray

Darn, it seems to have been taken down, or sold out.

I always miss out when this collection

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

If anyone wants to own the Patlabor movies + OVA + TV series on bluray it's only $25 for the entire boxset on rightstuf. 

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Patlabor-the-Mobile-Police-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray

I got mine in when it was still 40 bucks. Still beats when they were selling them at 25 per each box.

18 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I grabbed this yesterday! At last!

Either they didn't have many left or a lot of people were reading this thread...it was $50 on Amazon last week.  I would have definitely bit the bullet for $25!

I went ahead and picked up Xabungle and The Wings of Honneamise on clearance though.  Would have liked to snag the Patlabor and Ideon sets at the same time...

Edited by easnoddy