1 minute ago, jenius said:

I wish I could be more help but all my Patlabor toys have been in deep storage for eons. For those two I suspect it is a pretty aesthetic decision.

It is; I was just asking which you think looks better in person.

@jenius I didn't realize you were Anymoon. Really appreciate your macross resources, man.

------------------------------------------------------

Starting review here shortly for the Wave W.H.A.M. ARL-99 here shortly. Hoping that this stays within 10 minutes or so video-wise.

6-260.png

I tried buying the blue one on eBay this weekend but it just sold. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the Alphonse custom off eBay. Thanks guys for killing my wallet but making me a happy camper lol used but pictures look good and box is a little beat up but that never bothered me

49E13EA1-90C4-4597-86B3-4000EC4D3536.png

Edited by VF-Zer0S

Going to just steer things back to products and trying to gain insight from owners bc I'm wondering where to go with it....

------------------------------------------------

@jenius With the 1/24 Mobile Command Unit from Pit road are the pre built and model kits EXACTLY the same?

I have the pre-built but never got the kit version... Unfortunately, I don't think I even removed mine from the box. I love Patlabor but since I don't review them (yet) they have a tendency to go straight into a box and then into storage.

58 minutes ago, jenius said:

I have the pre-built but never got the kit version... Unfortunately, I don't think I even removed mine from the box. I love Patlabor but since I don't review them (yet) they have a tendency to go straight into a box and then into storage.

Got it. Thanks for responding.

Not a race or competition. Just glad to add another wanted piece to my collection and hopefully share some information with others that they find useful? 

REALLY looking forward to thoughts from more people who are getting it now vs when it released like you @VF-Zer0S. I think one of the most impressive things is how well ut stacks up against today's stuff, tbh.

Yeah I can’t wait to see how it stacks up to stuff I own. I don’t own and hot toys but I can say Yamato/Arcadia sentinel and Bandai make the best stuff. After watching your review on the Ingram 1 ,I think you might be right on it being top 3 best toys made to date. 

Soooooo the seller of my Yamato 1/24 Ingram Unit 1 USA color was a whole liar. As you can see, the left neck piston was broken in multiple places and reglued horribly (the swing joint itself was glued even so it doesn't even move.) On top of that, there are paint chips.

This item was listed as mint and complete and the seller also confirmed that it was via messages. 

It's crap like this, man... accepted a return right away but it's time and money wasted on both ends just because he couldn't be straight up about the condition of the item.

20190424_092828.jpg

20190424_093249.jpg

20190424_093327.jpg

Screenshot_20190424-124759_eBay.jpg

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Must be assuming the buyer won't open it up to check or something.

Or hoping it gets destroyed in shipping and he can collect the insurance.

Yea, something seems off BUT the person was so nice and quick about the return that its hard to be "mad" albeit still disappointed about how the situation turned out in general. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:52 PM, Kuma Style said:

@jenius I didn't realize you were Anymoon. Really appreciate your macross resources, man.

------------------------------------------------------

Starting review here shortly for the Wave W.H.A.M. ARL-99 here shortly. Hoping that this stays within 10 minutes or so video-wise.

6-260.png

Why are you doing this??? I was on an anime/toy sabbatical when these released and completely missed the Wave figures. I have looked off and on the last few years and literally never find them up for sale. I literally would trade a brand new Metal Build Eva-01 for a sealed one of these right now if I could. You are evil...lol...maybe...

Edited by Valkyrie Griffon

So mine just came in the mail and wow it’s amazing. For 5 mins till I articulate the neck and break one piston. It’s amazingly engineered but after glueing it together and fixing it it’s perfect. A little dissatisfied with the pistons but everything else feels amazing. The item was practically new besides a few box scuffs. The age and weight  of the toy shows since the joints are a little wobbly. Even after everything I rate this 10/10. 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, Valkyrie Griffon said:

Why are you doing this??? I was on an anime/toy sabbatical when these released and completely missed the Wave figures. I have looked off and on the last few years and literally never find them up for sale. I literally would trade a brand new Metal Build Eva-01 for a sealed one of these right now if I could. You are evil...lol...maybe...

Ok.

just scored a 1/48 WAVE AV-98 Ingram 1 from eBay for 90 bux, was on the fence til i found your review page Kuma - yr photography totally sold me! thanks for all work u put in man, the photos u take are srsly amazing. now if i can only find a nice price Yamato hahah..

19 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

So mine just came in the mail and wow it’s amazing. For 5 mins till I articulate the neck and break one piston. It’s amazingly engineered but after glueing it together and fixing it it’s perfect. A little dissatisfied with the pistons but everything else feels amazing. The item was practically new besides a few box scuffs. The age and weight  of the toy shows since the joints are a little wobbly. Even after everything I rate this 10/10. 

The pistons having broke on so many people shows that they should have been something taken into account by Yamato. The way that it's packed with the head pushed down, depending on the positioning of them, they can literally break right out of the box when the neck is extended. After that though, once you're aware of how they articulate, you should be pretty golden as long as you're aware of them because of they get caught on something in there it can be a quick wrap.

Make sure to look at the waist fix if yours needs it because it takes the piece to another level.

1 hour ago, genomcorp said:

just scored a 1/48 WAVE AV-98 Ingram 1 from eBay for 90 bux, was on the fence til i found your review page Kuma - yr photography totally sold me! thanks for all work u put in man, the photos u take are srsly amazing. now if i can only find a nice price Yamato hahah..

Hey thank you, man. I really appreciate feedback like that.

I gave it a quick fix and managed to save it. The big issue was discovered when I was fixing it. The cement glue used took some paint off and looks like they used the cheap gold plastic for it. I hear it’s known for its durability issues. Also what waist fix? 

If you search the word "waist" and select "this topic" it should bring up the posts that have the PDF attached, even. It's been posted again on this thread recently even since its resurrection.

--------------------------------

I think I'm pretty "over" the U.S. version and am just going to get Unit 2, the Pit Road Command Unity, and be done.

37 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

If you search the word "waist" and select "this topic" it should bring up the posts that have the PDF attached, even. It's been posted again on this thread recently even since its resurrection.

--------------------------------

I think I'm pretty "over" the U.S. version and am just going to get Unit 2, the Pit Road Command Unity, and be done.

Thanks and checked it out. Mine came good. I see the fix and currently lack the tools to do this. Sounds good on the unit 2. Can’t wait to see that review

21 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

A screwdriver?

I’m packing up currently to move and don’t really have the work space to disassemble. I snapped one quick picture next to another 1/24 scale item 

(please excuse the mess lol)

473B7D37-019A-4ABD-B553-5B2955ED075E.jpeg

Edited by VF-Zer0S