Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

I'd say just wait and keep an eye out for spare parts.

What exactly snapped? Was it a hinge or one of the tan tabs? If it was a hinge, you could be in luck since someone here (can't remember atm) snapped their 19's tan tabs off and might be willing to sell you the hinge. Try posting in the Wanted Section for spare parts :)

I've included pictures of the snapped part below - it's the hinge that holds the pegs of the t-bar on which the nose and neck pivot. Maybe if I'm REALLY lucky, somebody on here has spares....?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wow, that is a nasty break, and both pieces too. :(

I'm hoping that Yamato decided to use POM for those pieces on the FP/FB combo edition. These seem to have been badly designed for the material used: too much stress for the geometry (specially with the screws creating that very thin cross-section to one side) and ABS combination to take if your handling isn't just right, and often not even then.

To those that have had theirs bust on them, it will probably be up to one or our resident recasters to create replacement parts in hi-impact resin to resolve the current issue. Come on guys, you know there is a market for these...

Edit: One thing I've noticed with both Yamato, and Toynami to an even greater extent, is that a lot of their parts that could benefit from stress relieving fillets do not have them. Engineering 101: sharp corners are bad... just ask the engineers who worked on the Dehaviland Comet.

Edited by mechaninac

hmmm....anyone having any problems with the left hip joint being loose?? I rarely transformed mine, infact, left it in gerwalk for almost a month and then in fighter mode for another month, and when I transformed into battroid I couldn't pose it right cause it kept falling apart.... *frustated*

anyone knows how to take apart the joint so it can be tighten???

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is there a quick fix to make the wing roots tighter?

When I'm posing the 19 in Battroid mode, one of the wings on mine sags down if I pose it at certain angles.

Thanks kensei.

Had a little trouble getting that part of the leg open. But I was able to open it up just enough to access the necessary screw and tighten it.

Now the wing can hold whatever pose I choose. :)

To tell the truth I didn't get it open the whole way either. But the opening was big enough and I could tighten it.

Just a clue as to why it's loose, it's when you transform the thing, if the wing is pushed over the lateral side of the calf, you will stretch the wing out again.

So...... after a long hiatus... I decided I would post. I finally opened my YF-19 recently (as I have been pretty much been in get and box away in storage mode for a while now), and I had the same difficult to separate neck section that a lot of people have been having. I managed to separate it apart after much needed force, but on the way to transforming it back... I could not for the life of me change it back to fighter mode. Too much force required, and I didn't want to risk it.

I think I figured out the problem, and I fixed it. Now mine transforms easily. However, I didn't use the sand down method like some people here used... in fact I didn't touch those square pegs at all.

It's kind of hard to explain.... so I will post pictures tonight of what I did after I get home.

You expect the rear canopy to be both hinged, and ejectable? And to have retractable telescoping shrouds stored behind the rear canopy hinge? Size/durability is a huge issue, not to mention the retracted shroud would occupy the space currently used by the canards to pivot.

You expect the rear canopy to be both hinged, and ejectable? And to have retractable telescoping shrouds stored behind the rear canopy hinge? Size/durability is a huge issue, not to mention the retracted shroud would occupy the space currently used by the canards to pivot.

arn't both cannopy peices removable, or is it just the front. if both then they could just mold a grey plastic peice that you could switch in.

Umm, yeah i came in late but are we talking about the single seat 19 with the hard cover (over the second seatr) instead of the clear (2nd half) canopy as Isamu flys with Yang?

I recently put together the hasegawa YF-19, and damn i like the hard cover!

I prefer it over the glass canopy, it looks cool as. Is this what we are talking about??? lol

Kensei.... what? :p :P Perthy....

:edit: yep just checked the pic, Yamato you forgot that piece mahn!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie