Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Concur!!!

The FP looks hot on the YF-19 but 60 bucks for a few loose pieces + a freaking huge box (face it, we know it is going to be huge...) is just a bit rich...

From a collector’s or buyer’s point of views, Yamato really should have packed the FP with the 19 in one package. Un-like the VF-1, the 19 has virtually no accessories but with rooms for a fridge. It just doesn't make any sense.... :(

Price for boosters and Fast Packs says 6090 Yen.

Ummmmm........... That's a bit hard to swallow.

Edited by Mowe

60 bucks??? what? are the magnets on the fast packs from the moon or something??

expensive!! damn...i'm probably gonna end up buying it but, DAMN!!! I'm too addicted to this stuff, hahaha!! hey Graham can't you pull up some strings and shed a few bucks from the final price?? hehehehhee

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Yeah, can't we get a Gunpod fix with the FP pack set Graham?

Yamato OWES us. If they can go to the trouble of adding the extra 2 fins for custom jobs with the

19 pack, why can't they do this for us? Have you spoken to them about the possiblity for a gunpod fix

included in the FP pack? :) Can't see why not!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If you do a little searching around online, you can find glass dildo's that look a lot like the Foldbooster for much less then $52. Took me five minutes to find something that looks very similar for only 20 bucks and they even make the strap-on versions so you can attach it to the YF-19.

It even lets your wife/girlfriend share in the fun.

:p

6,090 yen is not $60 US dollars, it's closer to $52. Of course after the retailers add their markup for importing these things, I'm sure they will end up being around $60. Still quite expensive.

that's an obscene price. there's no way I'm paying 60$ for a couple of slabs of molded plastic and a pen light.

How does Yamato think this price is anywhere near justifiable? With VF-1 FP's, you get about as much plastic as the VF-1 itself. And they have detailed interiors, multiple parts, etc. They're worth the money. The YF-19---they're empty slabs of plastic. Heck, the VF-0 came with its leg armor FOR FREE. The YF-19's armor is really no different than the VF-0's, just with two little shoulder bits added on. And of course, the VF-1 and VF-0 came with tons of missiles. Yang's gotta be worth about 5 cents, since he'll be more amputated than Isamu. He'll be lucky to have an abdomen.

Fold booster----green and clear plastic, with a 50-cent LED. Still probably simpler than a single VF-1 booster w/missile launcher.

I think Yamayo may be trying to milk the cash cow here.

But in their Defense, we still have to discover all features they may have included in this fold booster and fastpack.

Hopefully the "LED" is one the plenty gimmicks the kit will have... and I hope for that price that they will have removable covers and detailed interior like the Club-M Kit had....

In my case, I have to say that despite the price, I might still buy it... even if I would prefer it to be some cheaper, around the price of the VF-1 fastpacks...

If they include parts to resolve the QC issues on the YF-19 in this kit, I might alos buy 2 sets to update my 2 YF-19s :)

I think Yamayo may be trying to milk the cash cow here.

I think in this case the cow was milked so hard we may end up finding hoofs and tails in our bottles. :p

But on a more serious note. How big a box could they possibly use to pack the fast packs in? It makes you wonder.. doesn't it? The bigger the box the higher the price?

i knew it was going to be a rip off...

my $52, plus the sellers additional markup on top of retail, plus shipping a ridiculously oversized yamato box will be better spent on something than a couple of pieces plastic that do nothing. well other than the LED, you know, cause LEDs are soooo cool...and expensive too! :rolleyes:

I can live without the fold booster and fps cos the YF-19 looks good enough. Speaking of which, anybody doing a recast of the 1/72 YF-19 Pilot? Tot of painting it and using it as a replacement for the 1/60 cos the pilot size and chopped legs looks weird.

Is that from the Hasegawa YF-19 Model?

If you want a Yamato have to get the pilot from the 1/72 VF-11 Fast Pack version. The Yamato 1/72 VF-11, YF-19 and VF-19A did not have pilots.

I can live without the fold booster and fps cos the YF-19 looks good enough. Speaking of which, anybody doing a recast of the 1/72 YF-19 Pilot? Tot of painting it and using it as a replacement for the 1/60 cos the pilot size and chopped legs looks weird.

thanks God I´ve never actually liked the FastPack versions of the YF-19 and 21, still, I´d have liked the idea of having Yung on the backseat, it aint worth it though.

I don´t know if Yamato is being too naive or too greedy thinking people will run to the streets in order to buy this FP set, maybe both.

I´m willing to restrain myself from buying the 21 and 19 FP sets , but if they ever release a VF-11 w/ FP...damn, that´ll be a hard time for me if they price it the same as these ones u_u

Sniff,

now we're all about complaining about the possible price for the fastpacks.... and my christmas tree is still looking like something's missing.

Seems my package with my 2 19 christmas gifts is just being held somewhere in France (hopefully not customs). Nevertheless, now I'm out of home until at least next tuesday. I hope it will be there by then... GGrrr... I want my 19s ;)

...until then: thanks Graham for the review, it keep's me going on ;)

I just got my 19 today and oh my god i just cant put it down. i love it so much. far better than my vf-19s from bandai (or rather my bootleg versions anyway), and better than than the original yf-19 toy from yamato. I am glad that i didn't wait, my didnt have too many issues all though the arm flap on the left arm falls off occasionally, but meh its a small thing. Now all i need is a SOC gunbuster, the WAVE Macross figure, a masterpiece Voltron, a VF-0S, and a VF-0A, and... and.... and... (the list just goes on forever)

Edited by kanedaestes

I not sure whether this only applys to me... but I really think the little fastpack for the legs and shoulders makes the 19 in Battroid mode so perfect!!!

I had had decided not to buy this 19... but now my mind is struggling because of the little FP picture Graham posted... argh... now I understand what's the meaning of a small change makes a big difference. :wacko:

I'm not arguing at all that the YF-19 with FP looks the badass, or that the shin/ghost combo doesn't look wicked cool... I'm just disapointed and a little angry that yamato would treat us this way. We stuck with them through through their early shoddy designs and their continuing issues with quality control.

But to lie to us about the shin type and now to try and pass this pen light off at this ridiculous price point? It's just insulting.

Well, all I have to say is that yamato pushed me from being a fan, to a consumer. I'll likely no longer buy multiples of releases and will probably pass on most repaints.

Thanks yamato, keep it and see how long your customer base lasts.

thanks God I´ve never actually liked the FastPack versions of the YF-19 and 21, still, I´d have liked the idea of having Yung on the backseat, it aint worth it though.

I don´t know if Yamato is being too naive or too greedy thinking people will run to the streets in order to buy this FP set, maybe both.

I´m willing to restrain myself from buying the 21 and 19 FP sets , but if they ever release a VF-11 w/ FP...damn, that´ll be a hard time for me if they price it the same as these ones u_u

I'm with you completely.

I've never liked the fast packs for either of the M+ YFs. They are barely noticable and if anything detract from the designs. I wouldn't buy the FP set even if it was only $5.

Let's not even talk about how silly looking the fold booster is.

Something in M+ that I never understood... [forgive me if this is off topic]

In the first briefing when Isamu gets to Eden and they're going over the specs for the 19 and 21, it's revealed that the YFs will have the ability to fold on their own.

"In order to solve coloniel planet disputes and in case of an emergency due to an alien attack, this new transforming fighter will make it possible to perform the hyperspace fold on its own." - Millard

But then in ep 4 they don't really fold on their own so much as with the help of a giant piece of equipment strapped to their back. Call me crazy, but I don't really see any reason why the fold booster couldn't be attached to a VF-11 also. It doesn't seem like the 19 and 21 were designed with any sort of unique fold ability at all. What's up with that?

Edited by Vic Mancini

I'm not arguing at all that the YF-19 with FP looks the badass, or that the shin/ghost combo doesn't look wicked cool... I'm just disapointed and a little angry that yamato would treat us this way. We stuck with them through through their early shoddy designs and their continuing issues with quality control.

But to lie to us about the shin type and now to try and pass this pen light off at this ridiculous price point? It's just insulting.

Well, all I have to say is that yamato pushed me from being a fan, to a consumer. I'll likely no longer buy multiples of releases and will probably pass on most repaints.

Thanks yamato, keep it and see how long your customer base lasts.

eugimon for president!