Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

IMHO, This is the best bird of the line-up so far. . .

It has a excellent mix of all three modes hands down . . .

Best Yamato yet. . .

Man, this toy surpasses everything to date.

I only have two questions in my mind though:

- How far can the wings go in fighter mode ( cruise mode ) ? could you post some pics please :unsure:

- What are the possibilities of seeing Yamato milk this toy with some more colour schemes ( as if we hadn´t noticed theirevil plans already :rolleyes: ) ?

WOW! great review, I so want one now, but damn Yamato is hurting my pocket so badly, damn stealth VF-1 with fast pack was expensive as hell, I hope I can hold my own and try to wait for the 2nd release, altought, the issues encountered by Graham don't really bother me, hehehehe

Great Review Graham. I my have to order a 2nd after christmas. My hat's off to Yamato. They continue to astound me on each sucessive release.

Edited by Golden Arms

Thanks for the review and pics Graham!

I'm glad that you pointed out most of the main flaws and issues in your review. I always enjoy an honest and fair critque. Plus, I'd rather learn about the flaws now, before I have to discover them on my own.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Heck, I already know what my first pose and pic will be of the YF-19. ;)

So, what would be the "home remedy" for fixing the off-center gunpod?

Also, how long before we start seeing the aftermarket stickers for the bird?

Again, thanks a lot, G-man!!

one thing that bothers me is the gap that exists in battroid mode. Do you think is there any way to fix it?

PS: how is it going when sharing toys with your son? Or is it the perfect excuse to have twice as much of toys (you know, one for you, one for your son... :lol: )

You mean the gap between the top of the nose & the chest plate? I don't think so as there is a support bar that runs across the inside of the chest plate that prevents the chest plate going any lower.

I've given my son a reissue Bandai VF-1J Hikaru and a Bandai VF-19 Fire Valkyrie to play with. He is old enough now to understand he is not to touch daddy's planes and robots and not to try to open my display cabinet.

Graham

Thanks for the review, Graham.

Man the slanted gunpod bugs me though. Maybe castrating the misaligned peg might solve the problem, leaving the gunpod held on only one peg, which might not be as strong but still possible.

Overall quite happy with the QC this time round. Other than chicken hands that most ppl complain about, i wonder why doesn't Yamato put the heads on ball joints, insteads of swivels. Ball joints will give the head the SLIGHT "aiming" look that you need when posing. A little tilt goes a long way for the head but so far in all the Macross toys, its always a swivel joint. Bah.

Anyway i'm getting this 1s release regardless of crooked gunpod. Use it for battroid mode. 2nd release for fighter. ;)

Oh yeah, can you please elaborate now on the story of the development of the other YF-19s? When you have time of course. I remember you saying that it was interesting.

Edited by kensei

Oh yeah, can you please elaborate now on the story of the development of the other YF-19s? When you have time of course. I remember you saying that it was interesting.

Heh, I'll have to talk to Yamato to see if I can get permission. My photo archives have some very interesting pics of things that never made it to production..

Graham

Heh, I'll have to talk to Yamato to see if I can get permission. My photo archives have some very interesting pics of things that never made it to production..

Graham

yes please, I would be interested in seeing the fuglies but especially the uber delicate one.

Thanks Graham! I bet that feels good to get that review out of the way. :lol: Informative review, I feel safe in buying a couple in Tokyo next Wednesday.

The 19 is trule magnicifant. Fighter mode is WICKED, i was only going to display her in battroid, but i think every now an then i will have to swap it around. The YF-21 was the one i was gonna get 3 for all modes, and then all the colour variants, but the 19 looks sooo good in all modes. Sigh. I will see.

But MAN, CROOKED GUNPOD!? That's f'd up. This is with all the 1st run from what i gather in the review. Very dissapointing Yamato. I am very picky with this kind of stuff, I hope this can honestly be fixed up with ease, and not too much mod'n.

Anyone has one that can see a way to keep the pod straight???