Could this be the first step for real vf´s???? lest just hope!&#3

maxi

check this out folks. a real transformer!!!!! this japanese guys are so advanced.

would´t be great that this could be modified to use in real vf´s???

check out this videos

GREATINGS FROM ARGENTINA

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=26...p;q=transformer

sure; let's put some wings on the sucker and let's make it fly...it should be easy

You had my hopes raised. :p

thats been floating around for quite awhile nothing new. I'd have been more impressed if you'd show a vid

of that Citroen commercial or Battle Bots or Asimo or a a actual fighter plane with some transforming capability.

I am about to start the first prototype of the yf-19. I´m a pilot and an aeronautical technician also. I have been studing with engeneers, and the idea is posible. I will post some pictures of the project as soon as I can(specialy for macross73).

greetings, see ya.

I am about to start the first prototype of the yf-19. I´m a pilot and an aeronautical technician also. I have been studing with engeneers, and the idea is posible. I will post some pictures of the project as soon as I can(specialy for macross73).

greetings, see ya.

I would have thought pilots and aeronautical techs would know how to spell. :p

Eh, I guess I'll believe it when I see it, and not until. My sister is in aerospace, and I trust her when she says that there's no chance something like the YF-19 could actually fly. Something about parasitic drag. Furthermore, on an RC scale, there's literally no way you could give it enough power to get in the air if you had it loaded down with transformation mechanincs. So, my BS alarm is going off.

I have studied aerodinamics and I`m aware of all those things. I saw a RC SV-51 that can fly and I realy think that my proyect can be made to. If you would show the blue prints of any modern aircraft to Bristol or any of those designers, they would think the same as you. In other hand, there are in the market a lot of turbine engines for model airplanes that can give 15 kg of thrust, and I`m planning to use two of these. Besides, with all the robotics and material tecnology that we have now a days I think I`s very posible. dreams cost nothing, :p

Edited by maxi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I guess this is where I chime in:

Couple things: First, the YF-19 is DEFINTELY flightworthy. Parasitic drag, yes, but the great thing on a model is you can often get absurd thrust/weight ratios. Granted, it won't be an efficient model, but it will fly.

Second: However, the first comment only applies to the aircraft in fighter mode!

While never one to wantonly discourage crazy plans, a flying, transforming YF-19 is pretty close to cold fusion, on a scale of impossibility. Aside from any consideration of how to automate the transformation process, there is no practical control system on the -19, which would be effective in any sort of hover mode. (GERWALK, or otherwise.)

Furthermore, as has been pointed out, the weight of the actuators required to transform such an aircraft would be quite high, especially since the geometries of many of the joints give little in the way of mechanical advantage. The stresses an aircraft (model or otherwise) experiences in flight can be fairly extreme, and even things as [seemingly] simple as variable-geometry wings (F-14/VF-0/VF-1) can be extremely difficult to get to function on a flying model.

I don't mean to sound like a spoilsport here, but when it comes down to it, the realities of physics pretty much dictate that transforming aircraft have to remain in the realms of animation, at least for the (extremely long) foreseeable future.

~Luke

Couple things: First, the YF-19 is DEFINTELY flightworthy. Parasitic drag, yes, but the great thing on a model is you can often get absurd thrust/weight ratios. Granted, it won't be an efficient model, but it will fly.

Second: However, the first comment only applies to the aircraft in fighter mode!

While never one to wantonly discourage crazy plans, a flying, transforming YF-19 is pretty close to cold fusion, on a scale of impossibility. Aside from any consideration of how to automate the transformation process, there is no practical control system on the -19, which would be effective in any sort of hover mode. (GERWALK, or otherwise.)

Furthermore, as has been pointed out, the weight of the actuators required to transform such an aircraft would be quite high, especially since the geometries of many of the joints give little in the way of mechanical advantage. The stresses an aircraft (model or otherwise) experiences in flight can be fairly extreme, and even things as [seemingly] simple as variable-geometry wings (F-14/VF-0/VF-1) can be extremely difficult to get to function on a flying model.

I don't mean to sound like a spoilsport here, but when it comes down to it, the realities of physics pretty much dictate that transforming aircraft have to remain in the realms of animation, at least for the (extremely long) foreseeable future.

~Luke

Well, yes, that and the fact that he stated he had the entire leg mechanism working after only a week, and offered zero proof, neither photos or even a rough description of how he'd accomplished this.

Extarodinary claims requuire extraordinary evidence. IMHO this thread stinks of "little kid looking for attention"

Well, yes, that and the fact that he stated he had the entire leg mechanism working after only a week, and offered zero proof, neither photos or even a rough description of how he'd accomplished this.

Extarodinary claims requuire extraordinary evidence. IMHO this thread stinks of "little kid looking for attention"

Look KingNor, I am not a "little kid" that just look for attention. The reason because I haven´t post any picture is simple, I don´t have digital camera or scanner either. I just want to try if it is possible to do. And I guess that the only way to prove it is doing it. If it has to fail, will fail, if it doesn´t better. I don´t want to be rude, but I´ll do it even if you say that it can´t be done. We´ll see.

Edited by maxi

~Luke

Thanks for the comment IAD. Obiously because you have done your sv-51, your oppinion wheigts more than other member´s. I´ll keep you informed of the proyect progress. thanks again.